The Second Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Nick, if I am a mouthpiece for scripture; then you are a megaphone.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2009,08:21)
    Hi georg,
    So you think Jesus returned to be rejoined with his holy people even before Israel was reformed in 1948?
    You have the order wrong as all your beloved predictions are false.

Are you referring to the Israelites as Jesus' holy people?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    True Israel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Revelation 20:6
    Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

If Jesu has returned already then this does not apply to you and you risk the second death.

Cindy
    Participant

By “True Israel”, I take it you referred to the saints.
    You don't seem to understand, it was never in God's plan to turn all humans into spirit beings.
    As much of a disappointment this may be for you, you will not fly around space like “SUPERNICK”.
    The danger of the second death applies to every one, only after Satan has been loosed, after the millennium, and you don't follow him in his final rebellion, can you say, I got it made.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Scripture disagrees with you as usual.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2009,12:17)
    Hi Georg,
    Scripture disagrees with you as usual.

No, you do as usual.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,
    I admire anyone prepared to have a go at deciphering prophecy but we must remain free enough to be able to accept the thoughts of others rather than setting up camp and defending our ideas bitterly.

Cindy
    Participant

No, you don't admire any one but yourself.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Judge not Georg as it brings attention to yourself from on high.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2009,20:38)
    Judge not Georg as it brings attention to yourself from on high.

Very good point; you should ponder it.

Georg

samual
    Participant

Greetings!

I've been away for quite some time due to a prolonged battle with cancer; actually, the battle was more with radiation treatment than with the cancer itself. I seem to be recovering slowly and will try to get back on track with our consideration of the Scriptures.

Not to sound overly complaining, but I do believe Nick and Cindy have a encounter underway that really falls under a mutual and personal dislikefor each other rather than a true Scriptural consideration. The Scriptures speak for themselves, via the Holy Spirit as John 14:26; 15:26; 16:13 explains. If we insist on placing our own interpretations above the intent of the passage under examination (and there is no better way that I know of than to call it examination), then we will always arrive at the wrong answer.

The “second death” as you may recall is the only “death” that doesn't get destroyed in “the lake of fire… This is the second death, the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:14 A study of the word “Hades” and its origin will show that Hades was implanted (likely by the early congregation {church} rebels to amplify and frighten the listeners) but, in fact, meant only the common grave of mankind… Sheol, in Hebrew.

Sheol and Death are pictured as being destroyed in the lake of fire. There will be no more graveyards or need for resurrections from the grave, because there simply won't be any. But the “second death” will always remain. Why? Because, should ever the likes of Satan or Adam or as Revelation 21:8 lists surface to disrupt humankind again, they will meet a speedy end in the lake of fire, which is the “second death.” Never again will this world be forced to endure such a prolonged period just to prove some rebel as being right or wrong. God will have been justified forever, thanks to the millenniums of misery soon to end.

Give these pointe serious attention and try to avoid forcing your interpretations to negate the Word of God.

God bless!

Cindy
    Participant

Sorry Samual, although I am happy for you that you are recovering from your cancer, I totally disagree with you on the second death. Death means death, there is no life in death.
    Satan, who had the power of death (Heb. 2:14), will be the last enemy to be destroyed (1 Cor. 15:26); after that there will be no chance of sin, no sin no death, no death no grave.
    God will not dwell with men, where there is a possibility of sin.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samual,
    There is no common grave for men.
    Sheol is a place in earth.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

I have always been taught that God is omnipresent. Onmipresent would mean God is everywhere at once, and if in the beginning there was only God, then everything that exists came from God and is in God. We know there is no sin in God, so where would sin be if there is nothing outside of God? Also if possible could you please tell me what sin is. If a person is cleansed from sin by faith in God then he could only fall away from God if he didn't believe God cleansed him. True? We know we are not judged by our good works to get to Heaven so how can we be judged by what you call bad works, and what do works have to do with sin? Respectfully, Tim

Cindy
    Participant

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 14 2009,01:41)
    I have always been taught that God is omnipresent. Onmipresent would mean God is everywhere at once, and if in the beginning there was only God, then everything that exists came from God and is in God. We know there is no sin in God, so where would sin be if there is nothing outside of God? Also if possible could you please tell me what sin is. If a person is cleansed from sin by faith in God then he could only fall away from God if he didn't believe God cleansed him. True? We know we are not judged by our good works to get to Heaven so how can we be judged by what you call bad works, and what do works have to do with sin? Respectfully, Tim

Hi TK,
    OMNIPRESENT is not found in scripture but was spawned from the minds of ignorant men. God does not live in idolatrous sinners but in cleansed vessels.

But God is not far from anyone[Acts 17]

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Wow Nick, Please excuse my ignorance, but since you didn't answer my question I will ask again. Where is God and where is God not? Is he within or without a believer?If he knows my thoughts, he must be within. If I wisper a prayer can he hear me? Do I have to go to a church or temple building to talk to God? If I pray in the shower is he there? What if I'm in my car or at work. Can he hear me there? It seems to me that if God is in all these places for me and everybody else also, you could risk calling him omnipresent!How about is God everywhere?
    Also, please tell me what makes someone an idolatruous sinner? And what makes a clean vessel? In Peace, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Phil2
    13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Eph3
    19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

God does not need to live within idolatrous men to know their thoughts. But the Spirit of God given to men is as the finger of God Himself.[cf Mt 12 and Lk11]

Proverbs 20:27
    The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD,Searching all the innermost parts of his being.

The spirit given to men is of the breath of God [gen2], belongs to God and returns to God at man's death[Ecc12]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    All men are vessels but until God's Spirit lives there it is occupied territory.
    Matthew 8:16
    When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.

Matthew 12:45
    “Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation.”

2 Timothy 2:21
    Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Any cleased vessel becomes what it was designed to be when God's Spirit is poured in, a temple in which true worshipers worship God.

Jn4
    23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    Romans 12:1
    Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Philippians 3:3
    for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

1 Peter 2:5
    you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account