The Real King Messiah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

The messianic age will end all idolatry. Since the world is still steeped in idolatry, the messianic age has not arrived and by extension, either has King Messiah.

Zec 13:2 “And on that day, declares the LORD of hosts, I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, so that they shall be remembered no more. And also I will remove from the land the prophets and the spirit of uncleanness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The most popular idolatry is self idolatry.
    The vanity of men's minds deceives them into imagining they are clever.
    If you do not accept the bible as God's truth then who is your god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 02 2008,10:55)
    Another indication of the coming of the King Messiah is the following:

Mal 4:5  “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
    Mal 4:6  And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

Has this happened? No. Christianity tries to say John the Baptist was Elijah but John denies this (John 1:21).

Plus, what of Mal 4:6? John the Baptist did not bring families together and Jesus said he would do the opposite

Luk 12:51  Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
    Luk 12:52  For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.
    Luk 12:53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hi Tow,
    The great and awesome day of the Lord has not yet come but will.
    Yahshua, the king, has come on a donkey and established the kingdom.
    He offers choice to all and most make the wrong one.
    Satan sets natural men against the sons of God.
    They cannot help hating those in Christ.
    The god of this world drives them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 02 2008,13:06)
    The messianic age will end all idolatry. Since the world is still steeped in idolatry, the messianic age has not arrived and by extension, either has King Messiah.

Zec 13:2  “And on that day, declares the LORD of hosts, I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, so that they shall be remembered no more. And also I will remove from the land the prophets and the spirit of uncleanness.

Hi Tow,
    But this verse is from the OT which you divide.
    Is it from the parts you accept?

You cannot quote anything as authoritive
    if you admit you do not believe in it.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 01 2008,21:52)

Mal 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
    Mal 4:6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

Has this happened? No. Christianity tries to say John the Baptist was Elijah but John denies this (John 1:21).

Plus, what of Mal 4:6? John the Baptist did not bring families together and Jesus said he would do the opposite

Luk 12:51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
    Luk 12:52 For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.
    Luk 12:53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hi Tow,

No proof. Next?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The Son of God, Yahshua the Christ, is appointed the king.

Ps2
    6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 02 2008,16:34)

Mal 4:5  “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
    Mal 4:6  And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

Luk 12:51  Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
    Luk 12:52  For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.
    Luk 12:53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hi Tow,

No proof. Next?

Hi tow,
    Proof?

What do you mean?
    You do not accept scripture as proof.
    You do not believe it is true and accurate
    so what do you mean?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 01 2008,21:55)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 02 2008,13:06)

Zec 13:2 “And on that day, declares the LORD of hosts, I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, so that they shall be remembered no more. And also I will remove from the land the prophets and the spirit of uncleanness.

Hi Tow,
    But this verse is from the OT which you divide.
    Is it from the parts you accept?

You cannot quote anything as authoritive
    if you admit you do not believe in it.

Sorry, whether or not I find it authoritative, YOU do. Thus, by extension it is a proof-text that the messianic age with King Messiah has not come.

Broken record Nick.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 02 2008,01:02)
    Hi Tow,
    The Son of God, Yahshua the Christ, is appointed the king.

Ps2
    6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

A Psalm about King David is your proof? Where does this say anything about a cross? Where does it say anything about Jesus? The closest you get is where the GT robbed part of Ps 2:7 to make it look like it was about Jesus.

Sorry but since he didn't fulfill any messianic prophecies, which this Psalm is not, then you still have no proof.

Next? Anyone able to actual provide proof of a real King Messiah that has come?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 02 2008,03:12)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 02 2008,16:34)

Mal 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.
    Mal 4:6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

Luk 12:51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
    Luk 12:52 For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.
    Luk 12:53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hi Tow,

No proof. Next?

Hi tow,
    Proof?

What do you mean?
    You do not accept scripture as proof.
    You do not believe it is true and accurate
    so what do you mean?

This post is off topic and is just another repetitive slur by Nick Hassan in an attempt to sidestep the actual reality that Jesus was not King Messiah

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 01 2008,21:47)
    Hi Tow,
    The most popular idolatry is self idolatry.
    The vanity of men's minds deceives them into imagining they are clever.
    If you do not accept the bible as God's truth then who is your god?

This post is off topic and is just another repetitive slur by Nick Hassan in an attempt to sidestep the actual reality that Jesus was not King Messiah

Towshab
    Participant

Yet another sign that the messianic age has come with King Messiah

Eze 37:24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes.
    Eze 37:25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever.

(1) Israel has not had a sitting king since before the common era.
    (2) Not all Jews walk in YHVH's rules and statutes.
    (3) Jews are spread worldwide. When King Messiah comes they will all dwell in Israel once more.

Since none of this has even come close to happening, the real King Messiah is still to come.

Towshab
    Participant

As to Jesus being the Jewish King Messiah, and not a christ of another religion, can anyone show me in Tanakh where the real King Messiah will be rejected by his own people?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    If you really wish to find then seek yourself.
    If we show you, you will just try to disprove truth.
    We are here to learn and discover truth and not to argue.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 02 2008,22:27)

Eze 37:24  “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes.
    Eze 37:25  They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever.

(3) Jews are spread worldwide. When King Messiah comes they will all dwell in Israel once more.

Since none of this has even come close to happening, the real King Messiah is still to come.

Hi Tow,
    The rejected servant who rode on the donkey came to found his Father's kingdom.
    When he returns to sit on David's throne and rule from Jerusalem you will see all these things.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 02 2008,12:17)
    Hi Tow,
    If you really wish to find then seek yourself.

I am not trying to find, I am revealing.

If we show you, you will just try to disprove truth.

In other words “I have no defense so I'll pretend that I have truth when I don't”.

We are here to learn and discover truth and not to argue.[/quote]
    Odd since you are the one usually posting argumentative responses to me as opposed to showing the “truth” you supposedly have.

So if you say you are hear to learn, then I am supplying material for you to learn.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You have made your position plain.
    You have no respect for God or His writings.
    You are not a man of faith but one who would destroy the faith of the weak
    We do not engage in worldly battles using what is sacred for such profane purposes.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 02 2008,12:20)

Eze 37:24  “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes.
    Eze 37:25  They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever.

Hi Tow,
    When he returns to sit on David's throne and rule from Jerusalem you will see all these things.

When will that be Nick?

1Jn 2:18  Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.

John was writing specifically to a certain group at the time, yet this hour has lasted over 1900 years. Hmmm.

Or how about this:

Heb 10:37  For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay;

“A little while”? “Will not delay”? How does that match up to 1900+ years. Looks like a delay to me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 03 2008,06:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 02 2008,12:20)

Hi Tow,

When will that be Nick?

1Jn 2:18  Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.

John was writing specifically to a certain group at the time, yet this hour has lasted over 1900 years. Hmmm.

Or how about this:

Heb 10:37  For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay;

“A little while”? “Will not delay”? How does that match up to 1900+ years. Looks like a delay to me.

Hi Tow,
    If you did not recognise the suffering servant when he first came how can you hope to do so when he returns?
    Surely you will mock him again and say to him to prove himself to your satisfaction.
    The jews will though.
    They will look on the one they have pierced and will mourn for him as a son.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 02 2008,13:45)
    Hi Tow,
    You have made your position plain.
    You have no respect for God or His writings.

I do not worship and idol (Jesus). And the bible is not His writings, it is the writings of men who felt they were inspired. Did G-d come from on high and tell you face to face that everything in the Bible was true?

You are not a man of faith but one who would destroy the faith of the weak
    We do not engage in worldly battles using what is sacred for such profane purposes.

No you just attack people's character because they do not believe exactly as you do. You have yet to present solid evidence of Jesus' messiahship so I understand why you do what you do.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 528 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account