The Real King Messiah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,11:37)
    Nah Chap, that ain't Jesus either. The very next verse says:

Jer 23:6  In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'

Did that happen? No, in fact, 40 years later the temple and Jerusalem was destroyed, so quite the opposite took place.

Keep searching, Chap, keep searching.

Hi Toiw,
    Did you think the rule of Christ in power was when he visited for a few years 2000 years ago?
    Not so.
    He will though
    Ps 2
    1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Towshab
    Participant

Still trying to fulfill prophecies with prophecies again I see. Are you into kiting checks too?

Towshab
    Participant

Darn it! I've looked all over and couldn't find that passage that said “And the word of YHVH came to me 'the coming son of David will come one time, but he will not accomplish anything I have promised the first time, but I will put it in the hearts of my people to kill him and then I will bring him back to finish all the things he never even started”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    And while you are at it find the one that says that all that is said about the Christ King will occur during the first and only visit.

Towshab
    Participant

I thought only trinitarians used the “argument from silence” approach? If that is the case, could Scooby Doo have been King Messiah too? How can we know for sure, because scripture does not say he can't be.

Towshab
    Participant

Oh wait, Scooby is a dog. Hey, did you know that Shaggy was Jewish though? Now, there's the real possibility!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,12:07)
    I thought only trinitarians used the “argument from silence” approach? If that is the case, could Scooby Doo have been King Messiah too? How can we know for sure, because scripture does not say he can't be.

Hi tow,
    You will eat your words along with a little slice of humble pie.
    Messiah has come.

Towshab
    Participant

Could I get some whipped topping with that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Possibly
    and
    Lashings of icecream.

Towshab
    Participant

Lashings? Woah Nick, I'm not into S&M. Take your fetishes elsewhere.

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,11:37)
    Nah Chap, that ain't Jesus either. The very next verse says:

Jer 23:6  In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'

Did that happen? No, in fact, 40 years later the temple and Jerusalem was destroyed, so quite the opposite took place.

Keep searching, Chap, keep searching.

It happened and is happening on a daily basis. Remember not all of the Jews in Judah rejected Jesus as the Messiah during his ministry on earth.

Israel is not the Nation of Israel(many of these are secular Jews) but is the members of the body of Christ.

Towshab
    Participant

Do you call having their city and temple destroyed “dwelling securely”? Perhaps you need to re-read that with the Jesus glasses off.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    That was to fulfill the prophecy of Jesus in Mt24
    Matthew 24:2
    And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Towshab
    Participant

Considering that most scholars have Matthew being written around 70 CE, not much of a prophecy to just record the events and pretend.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You can always find a scholar to support whatever negative theme you are on..

Towshab
    Participant

Gotta love those scholars. But then again, scholars are intelligent, and you've often said intelligence is the enemy of Jesus.

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,12:53)
    Do you call having their city and temple destroyed “dwelling securely”? Perhaps you need to re-read that with the Jesus glasses off.

No, the problem is that you are believing that the Nation of Israel is Israel.  There is no need for that temple and the animal sacrifices that were part of it.

We who are the body of Christ are the Holy Temple of God.  The perfect sacrifice has been offered once for all.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Towshab
    Participant

Another “replacement theology” believer. You're not too far off of RCC are you?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 18 2008,09:23)
    Its all in the terminology IMHO Mandy. However, if you go to first post of this thread, you will find the passages about “King Messiah”. However, when you go to the OT you will not find any passages that match “messiah” up with what Tow is calling “King Messiah”. A swap has taken place and people don't like talking about it — the coming son of David was never referred to as “messiah”! The Jews simply adopted “messiah” to the son of David because of Jesus!

The Hebrew term for “messiah” or simply “anointed” is “mashiyach”, and is never used of the coming son of David in the OT. So to be painfully blunt, the Jews and Christians have been battling each other for no strong reason. Jesus did not match the coming son of David because he was never meant to. That one is supposed to be a conquering king much like David himself. Jesus was nothing like that.

Kejonn,

This is helpful.  But can you please tell me what you mean by the “King Messiah” being used as a different term when Tow uses it versus what is found in the OT.  I'm a bit confused there?  Thanks, bro.

Towshab
    Participant

I use “King Messiah” as opposed to just “Messiah” because “Messiah” just means “anointed”. “King Messiah” would indicate the one who will come in the messianic age. And kejonn is correct, that one never is called “messiah” in Tanakh. But I wish kejonn all the luck in the world finding Jesus in Tanakh outside of Deu 13.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 528 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account