The rapture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 26 2011,08:25)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2011,01:11)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2011,05:47)
    Pierre,
    It is very, very easy to find point blank wrong things that the RCC has done and is doing. You didn't even go into the things that are reallly bad. Luther was right about alot of things. Indulgences were dead wrong. You can't buy forgiveness. Thats just a start. I can't defend the church as a whole, and I won't try, except to say this- We are all doomed to one thing-No matter what love for God and Christ we have-We are doomed to imperfection. Also, absolute power corrupts, absolutely. Have you ever known anyone who was an average person, and then got or came into alot of money? I have. They are never the same. Money and power turns a normal person into something else almost instantly. They are no exception.
    Like I said before, look into the cronicles and kings in the old testament. Over and over the Kings and high priest were led astray with money and power, and even though they were the way to go, and God set it up that way, they always went wrong sooner or later. Then, we have the last 2000 years of God letting us do it our way. And we have screwed it up horribly, just as God knew we would. Now, we have come to a crossroads in history. If we had done as Jesus prayed for and were united as one, the islamics wouldn't have a chance, but we are splintered like a tree after a tornado. I have to stay and pray for God to fix this. It is what he tells me to do, and I will not go against that. Every time I go against what God tells me he wants it bites me in the rear big time, so I will stay. Thanks for the concern. Hope you are well my friend-Mark

Mark

i know the all story about the Catholic church,but you are fighting for nothing you can not save that church ,

she is going down with the rest of this world,unless you get out you going down with her,

God does not save wickedness,or the unrighteous,

since you know better run out of there while you can if you can

Pierre

Pierre! Don't judge Him, He knows how wrong the Church is.  And who are we to judge those people.  We too have Relatives in that Church, I can't tell them what to do.  I do know that his heart is in  the right place. And God is Love and in love he is there, trying to help those people see.  Whether that is right or wrong, I think we should leave that for God to decide, not us.
    Peace Irene

Irene

i have not judge him in any way ,just give some direction,

you have to understand that we do not save anyone but ourself,

because it is the angels who are doing the saving ,not us

so it says to love God above all things mother/father/son/daughter /brother.this is how we save ourself,and this is what we have to show as witness that God will save us.if we love him

remember the 2 sons in law of Lot were invited to go with Lot but did not believe ,so they perish.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2011,01:33)

Quote (Baker @ Feb. 26 2011,08:25)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2011,01:11)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2011,05:47)
    Pierre,
    It is very, very easy to find point blank wrong things that the RCC has done and is doing. You didn't even go into the things that are reallly bad. Luther was right about alot of things. Indulgences were dead wrong. You can't buy forgiveness. Thats just a start. I can't defend the church as a whole, and I won't try, except to say this- We are all doomed to one thing-No matter what love for God and Christ we have-We are doomed to imperfection. Also, absolute power corrupts, absolutely. Have you ever known anyone who was an average person, and then got or came into alot of money? I have. They are never the same. Money and power turns a normal person into something else almost instantly. They are no exception.
    Like I said before, look into the cronicles and kings in the old testament. Over and over the Kings and high priest were led astray with money and power, and even though they were the way to go, and God set it up that way, they always went wrong sooner or later. Then, we have the last 2000 years of God letting us do it our way. And we have screwed it up horribly, just as God knew we would. Now, we have come to a crossroads in history. If we had done as Jesus prayed for and were united as one, the islamics wouldn't have a chance, but we are splintered like a tree after a tornado. I have to stay and pray for God to fix this. It is what he tells me to do, and I will not go against that. Every time I go against what God tells me he wants it bites me in the rear big time, so I will stay. Thanks for the concern. Hope you are well my friend-Mark

Mark

i know the all story about the Catholic church,but you are fighting for nothing you can not save that church ,

she is going down with the rest of this world,unless you get out you going down with her,

God does not save wickedness,or the unrighteous,

since you know better run out of there while you can if you can

Pierre

Pierre! Don't judge Him, He knows how wrong the Church is.  And who are we to judge those people.  We too have Relatives in that Church, I can't tell them what to do.  I do know that his heart is in  the right place. And God is Love and in love he is there, trying to help those people see.  Whether that is right or wrong, I think we should leave that for God to decide, not us.
    Peace Irene

Irene

i have not judge him in any way ,just give some direction,

you have to understand that we do not save anyone but ourself,

because it is the angels who are doing the saving ,not us

so it says to love God above all things mother/father/son/daughter /brother.this is how we save ourself,and this is what we have to show as witness that God will save us.if we love him

remember the 2 sons in law of Lot were invited to go with Lot but did not believe ,so they perish.

Pierre

Pierre! You have your opinion and I have mine…You are always right….
    Peace Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Thanks Irene. Praise God for your daughters protection. He is a great God. Also, you are absolutely right, we all have our own relationships with God. One does not know what I have been shown or experienced. In defence to Pierre, on the surface I would say he is right, but, underneath he does not understandm that Jesus said to love your enemys. When someone slaps your face give them the other side. When someone presses you into service for a mile go 2. That is where I stand. I am not perfect enough to Judge anyone for anything, just my own soul.  My mom taught me right rrom wrong. It was her that said to me when she saw the album I had of “Black Sabbath”,, “Son, do you know what that means?”. and then she explained it, when I was 14, laying a good foundation of avoiding it. My dad, who Pierre suggest that i would have been good to go against, drilled into me 3 things my whole life. 1-Son, one day you will stand in front of God, and have to give a accounting to him for what he gave you, and there will be no excuses or blameing anyone else. 2-Do not do what everyone else is doing because they are doing it , and 3-See what God gave Chrissy (my retarded little sister), now what are you going to do with what God gave you?

I don't mind the barbs. You taught me that, along with mikeboll. i will stand in front of God, and with him leading me I am not afraid. Peace and Love-Mark

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2011,02:31)
    Thanks Irene. Praise God for your daughters protection. He is a great God. Also, you are absolutely right, we all have our own relationships with God. One does not know what I have been shown or experienced. In defence to Pierre, on the surface I would say he is right, but, underneath he does not understandm that Jesus said to love your enemys. When someone slaps your face give them the other side. When someone presses you into service for a mile go 2. That is where I stand. I am not perfect enough to Judge anyone for anything, just my own soul.  My mom taught me right rrom wrong. It was her that said to me when she saw the album I had of “Black Sabbath”,, “Son, do you know what that means?”. and then she explained it, when I was 14, laying a good foundation of avoiding it. My dad, who Pierre suggest that i would have been good to go against, drilled into me 3 things my whole life. 1-Son, one day you will stand in front of God, and have to give a accounting to him for what he gave you, and there will be no excuses or blameing anyone else. 2-Do not do what everyone else is doing because they are doing it , and 3-See what God gave Chrissy (my retarded little sister), now what are you going to do with what God gave you?

I don't mind the barbs. You taught me that, along with mikeboll. i will stand in front of God, and with him leading me I am not afraid. Peace and Love-Mark

Mark! Good luck to you and may you succeed making people aware of what the Church really believes. May God and Christ be with you always my friend.
    Peace and Love Irene

barley
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 25 2011,02:52)

Quote (barley @ Feb. 24 2011,15:55)

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 17 2011,19:43)
    Hi.

A family member was saying today that he believes in the rapture. That before the tribulation, Gods people will be taken away, will meet Jesus in the air, and that after that, all who are left behind will live in the evilest time ever known.

However I believe from scripture that Gods people will have to go through the tribulation.

As with the other thread please address any replies 'to all' as I dont know how often I can reply here. I just found it interesting.

What is Romans 5:9 telling us?

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

We have been saved from the wrath to come.

II  Thessalonians 4:13-18  tells us that we should comfort ourselves with  these words.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Our salvation includes being saved from the wrath to come.

I Corinthians 15 teaches us more.

barley

This scripture comforts me. I do not know the exact specifics absolutely, but here is my guess. (I say no matter how it goes down, trust Jesus, and act as if it were today)

I think that those on the earth when the trumpet sounds that have trusted and believe in Jesus,and those God deems worthy because they followed the law by instinct, because it was written on their heart, will die instantly, all the world over. It will be sheer horror to those who are left, because all of a sudden they will realize that God and Jesus are real, and recognise the ones they have spurned and avioded and blasphemed so horribly. The spirits to all these will be met with all the dead in Christ in the air, and be spared the wrath. All the rest of humanity will undergo all the maledictions outlined in Revalations (which  mirror the ones in Exodus), culminating with the earth being destroyed and the elements being melted by fire.Once more God's people will be saved by water. The first is when we went through the flood. The second was when God's people were saved walking through the water before Pharoes army was destroyed. The last time we will be saved by the water we were baptised in, by faith in Christ. My guess is also that from that spiritual plane we will watch the world recreated, and we will know how long Gods Six days of creation were, we will experience it (see, I make all things new). Then we will enter into the seventh day, rest, and there will once again be a perfect world, forever and ever, with God. I wish it was yesterday. Thats what I think. Peace-Mark

Besides

Romans 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

we have I Thessalonians 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

I Thessalonians 5:9

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

We are not destined to wrath, we have been saved from the wrath because we did Romans 10:9-10

I Thessalonians 5:9-11

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
    10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
    11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

I John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Where is the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ if we still have to go through the wrath?

Did not Jesus Christ die for our sins?

Is not eternal life a gift?

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We have been given the gift of righteousness.

Romans 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

We have already been judged righteous by God because of the works of Jesus Christ.  

We have been judged righteous because we have been justified.

Not only so, we have peace with God.

Romans 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Those who have chosen to do Romans 10:9-10 are saved from the wrath to come.

If we still have to go through the wrath, then what good is this salvation?  What then were we saved from?

barley

People it's impossible for the 1,000 years to not be literal, if it wasn't literal then there's no resurrection and Acts 24:15 is false!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC&JW

karmarie
    Participant

BC&JW, when you have the time, read all of this, then tell me what you think.

http://www.bereancouncil.org/index.php?showtopic=100

karmarie
    Participant

Neither side supports my view so I can't tell you what I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account