The rapture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 19 2011,14:25)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 19 2011,14:01)
    shimmer
    you believe Satan as been released from the abbys ?

wen was that?? any scriptures??

Pierre

Hi Terrarica. Probably not yet but soon will be released.

If your interested in Amillenialism, a description of it can be found here

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/beliefs/amillennialism.htm

The only possible danger in believing in a literal thousand year millenium, is if the antichrist claims to be Christ and claims the millenium has come. Which many believe will happen.

The Day of the Lord though is the return of Christ. (2nd Peter 3).

Hi Shimmer,

Christ returned on “Pentecost”,
    “The day of The LORD” is “Feast of Booths”;
    which is the last of the seven great feasts unto The LORD.
    You should study some more, instead of believing the systems of religion.

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit
    . (Col.2:22)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

shimmer
    Participant

Well, Terrarica, the debate over Amillenialism or Millenialism goes on, as it did way back.
    The thing is though that many MANY Chritians today believe in a rapture. They believe Jesus will come and save them from the tribulation.
    To be ready for something as Christ said to be, you need to be prepared. These people arent prepared ! They believe they will be saved from it. So in their mind, they won't go through anything. How will they feel when this doesnt happen and they are right in the middle of it ?
    I think its important to let people know (who believe in this rapture) the truth about it.

Baker
    Participant

shimmer

Do you see this happening?

Isa 11:6 ¶ The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Do you believe the earth is full of the knowledge of the LORD?
    Why do we still have so many different religion?
    Why do we still have so many denomination in Christian churches?

“IF” Jesus “was” reigning now, I would have to say, he's not doing a very good job.

Georg

shimmer
    Participant

Ed, I learnt by myself through scripture. Alone at home. NO religion at all. I trust what I learnt. Thanks.

Iv heard it all before Ed ? Jesus HASNT returned yet ? Though the Holy Spirit is here.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 19 2011,23:48)
    Well, Terrarica, the debate over Amillenialism or Millenialism goes on, as it did way back.
    The thing is though that many MANY Chritians today believe in a rapture. They believe Jesus will come and save them from the tribulation.
    To be ready for something as Christ said to be, you need to be prepared. These people arent prepared ! They believe they will be saved from it. So in their mind, they won't go through anything. How will they feel when this doesnt happen and they are right in the middle of it ?
    I think its important to let people know (who believe in this rapture) the truth about it.

shimmer
    yes let say it ,;
    not be to ambitious to make it a bible truth

because it is not , it is merely a attraction  view,

the future is of no importance if you live with God s truth and stay faithful to the teachings of Christ,

you will be always ready.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 19 2011,16:53)
    Ed, I learnt by myself through scripture. Alone at home. NO religion at all. I trust what I learnt. Thanks.

Iv heard it all before Ed ? Jesus HASNT returned yet ? Though the Holy Spirit is here.

Hi Shimmer,

Please don't take any of my Posts the wrong way.
    I only Post what I do for the sake of the reader.
    You state your belief as if it is a mater of fact.
    So I must dutifully point out that it is NOT.

God bless

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 19 2011,18:53)
    shimmer

Do you see this happening?

Isa 11:6 ¶ The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.  

Isa 11:7   And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.  

Isa 11:8   And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.  

Isa 11:9   They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  

Do you believe the earth is full of the knowledge of the LORD?
    Why do we still have so many different religion?
    Why do we still have so many denomination in Christian churches?

“IF” Jesus “was” reigning now, I would have to say, he's not doing a very good job.

Georg

Hi Georg.

I checked, and all of the bible commentaries I read, agree on what this means. Here is the shortest one I could find;

http://gill.biblecommenter.com/isaiah/11.htm

Isaiah 11:6
    “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.”

And the wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,…. This, and the three following verses Isaiah 11:7, describe the peaceableness of the Messiah's kingdom; and which the Targum introduces in this manner,
    “in the days of the Messiah of Israel, peace shall be multiplied in the earth.''

The wild and tame creatures shall agree together, and the former shall become the latter; which is not to be understood literally of the savage creatures, as if they should lose their nature, and be restored, as it is said, to their paradisiacal estate, which is supposed to be the time of the restitution of all things; but figuratively of men, comparable to wild creatures, who through the power of divine grace, accompanying the word preached, shall become tame, mild, meek, and humble; such who have been as ravenous wolves, have worried Christ's sheep, made havoc of them, breathing out slaughter and threatenings against them, as did Saul, through converting grace, become as gentle and harmless as lambs, and take up their residence in Christ's fold, and dwell with, yea, some of them even feed, Christ's lambs and sheep, as the above mentioned person:

and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; such who are like the leopard, for the fierceness of his nature, and the variety of his spots; who can no more change their hearts and their actions, than that creature can change its nature and its spots; are so wrought upon by the power of divine grace, as to drop their rage against the saints, alter their course of life, and attend on the word and ordinances, lie down beside the shepherds' tents, where the church feeds her kids, or young converts:

and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; either dwell and feed together, or lie down together, or walk together, since it follows:

and a little child shall lead them; become through the grace of God so tractable, that they shall be led, guided, and governed by the ministers of the Gospel, Christ's babes and sucklings, to whom he reveals the great things of his Gospel, and out of whose mouths he ordains praise. Bohlius (a) interprets this little child of Christ himself, by whom they should be led and directed, see Isaiah 9:6 and the following passages are referred to the times of the Messiah by the Jewish writers (b); and Maimonides © in particular observes, that they are not to be understood literally, as if the custom and order of things in the world would cease, or that things would be renewed as at the creation, but in a parabolical and enigmatical sense; and interprets them of the Israelites dwelling safely among the wicked of the nations of the world, comparable to the wild beasts of the field.

Isaiah 11:7
    “And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.”

And the cow and the bear shall feed,…. That is, together, in one church state, at one table, or in one pasture, upon the wholesome food of the Gospel, the salutary doctrines of Christ; who though before of different dispositions, the one tame and gentle, useful and profitable, dispensing the milk of the divine word, and gracious experience; the other cruel and voracious, barbarous and inhuman, worrying the lambs and sheep of Christ; but now of the same nature, and having no ill will to one another, and being without fear of each other:

their young ones shall lie down together; those like the calf and the young bear, shall lie in the green pastures of Gospel ordinances, and do no injury, the latter to the former, being of one mind, and agreeing in doctrine and practice:

and the lion shall eat straw like the ox; kings shall be nursing fathers to the church, and feed on the same Gospel provisions; and there shall be a great agreement between them who were before comparable to lions for their strength, power, and cruelty, and ministers of the Gospel, who are compared to oxen, for their strength and laboriousness, 1 Corinthians 9:9 “straw” here denotes true doctrine, though elsewhere false, see 1 Corinthians 3:12.

Isaiah 11:8
    “And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.”

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp,…. Without fear or danger:
    and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice's den; and suffer no damage: the meaning is explained in the next words, and to be understood of regenerate persons, both of new born babes, or just born, and all such who are weaned from their own righteousness, and live by faith on Christ, who shall not be hurt by the poison of false teachers, nor by the force of violent persecutors, now no more,

Isaiah 11:9
    “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain,…. In the Church, so called, in allusion to the holy hill of Zion; in the latter day, after the destruction of antichrist, there will be no more persecution of the saints; they will be no more injured nor harassed by wicked men, comparable to the above mentioned creatures, either for their cruelty or cunning; the reason follows:

for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea: full of the Gospel, the means of conveying the knowledge of Christ, and of God in Christ, of his person and office, of his grace and righteousness, of peace, pardon, life, and salvation by him. The phrase denotes the abundance and depth of the knowledge of divine things, and the large spread of the Gospel, and the multitude of persons that shall be blessed with it, and a profound knowledge of it; so that there will be none to molest, disturb, and distress the people of God, see Habakkuk 2:14 this has had some appearance of accomplishment at several times; as at the first times of the Gospel, when the sound of it, by the a
    postles, went into all the earth, and diffused the savour of the knowledge of Christ in every place; and in the times of Constantine, when Paganism was abolished, and the whole empire became Christian, persecution ceased, and peace ensued, as before described; and at the Reformation, when whole nations embraced the Gospel of Christ; but the full accomplishment of it is yet to come, when the angel shall fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting Gospel to preach to all men, and the earth shall be lightened with his glory; when men shall run to and fro, and knowledge be increased, and all shall know the Lord, from the least to the greatest. This passage is applied to the times of the Messiah by the Jews, ancient and modern (d).

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 19 2011,20:02)
    Hi Shimmer,

Really Ed ?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Rapture: The feeling of joy and ecstacy! When will the feeling of joy and ecstacy happen? At the feeling of joy and ecstacy, one will be taken and one will remain. Does the feeling of joy and ecstacy happen before the tribulation(pain and suffering) or after the tribulation? Who gets the feeling of joy and ecstacy, the righteous, non sinner perfect one,…. or one that has sin and is in sin, and sins without knowing and will never be perfect on this earth? When God gathers his elect from the four corners of the earth will they be the ones that admit they are still in sin and still say that the life of Jesus was not enough to cover and erradicate their sin? Or will the elect of God humbly say, I couldn't do good enough to cleanse myself, but my lord and savior Jesus did it for me.

When will the gazubawich happen? I know there is nothing in the Bible that is called the gazubawich but we need to search it out, and make it a mainstream church doctrine. The word rapture is not in the Bible either yet they use is in some commentaries!! Lord helpus, TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

More foolish doctrine: If God/Jesus and the Holy Spirit dwell/live inside us, walk with us, talk with us, lead us, guide us, help us, teach us, train us, hears our prayers and are friends with us at all times, day or night, no matter where we are they are with us then, WHEN WILL JESUS BE HERE?

When will he be here so I can commune with him? JESUS IS HERE, NOW, EVERYWHERE YOU ARE, DWELLING IN YOUR NEIGHBORS BODY TOO! When you see Jesus in all persons without judgment then you will know him. He is here, now! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 19 2011,19:25)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 19 2011,20:02)
    Hi Shimmer,

Really Ed ?

Hi Shimmer,

Yes; really.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Most Christians don't believe Jesus returned at “Pentecost”; shame isn't it?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

shimmer
    Participant

Ed, is this the only forum where your allowed to annoy people like you do, where you can get away with it ?

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 17 2011,19:43)
    Hi.

A family member was saying today that he believes in the rapture. That before the tribulation, Gods people will be taken away, will meet Jesus in the air, and that after that, all who are left behind will live in the evilest time ever known.

However I believe from scripture that Gods people will have to go through the tribulation.

As with the other thread please address any replies 'to all' as I dont know how often I can reply here. I just found it interesting.

The tribulation has already past. John said that he was a fellow partaker in the tribulation (Rev. 1:9).

KJ

shimmer
    Participant

All, it seems most on this forum are premillenial, believe in a literal one thousand years to come, or are preterist. With me being the amillenialist.

Regarding a one thousand year millenium, as this man says;

“The parable of the wheat and weeds,  

Hmmm…. Maybe I missed seeing the one thousand year millennium and the secret rapture in this parable. Maybe its hidden in a secret code somewhere. Please… someone… help me find one thousand years in this parable.

Then theres the parable of the net, the parable of the ten virgins, the parable of the sheep and goats. Still the same. No mention of a one thousand year millenium.

So where is it ? Oh I see. In the book of revelations.

Where a giant angel carries a bowl as big as a planet and pours out blood on the earth, a woman wears the sun as her clothes, stands on the moon, and has twelve stars as a crown.  A sea-beast has ten horns and seven heads. This beast is a  leopard-bear-lion. And an angel binds satan – a spirit-being – with a chain, and throws him down a bottomless pit,  using a key to lock it.”

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Ed.

OK i'll be nicer. Its just sometimes you get quite annoying.

So Ed, what exactly do you believe ? Are you preterist ?

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 20 2011,07:48)
    Hi Ed.

OK i'll be nicer. Its just sometimes you get quite annoying.

So Ed, what exactly do you believe ? Are you preterist ?

I wish that Ed could see that he is an annoying person and that he would stop being an annoying.

KJ Jr.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 19 2011,12:02)

Hi Shimmer,

God bless

Ed,
    You also post as if your beliefs are FACT also.
    so shouldnt you also for the sake of the readers humble yourself to the reality that it is NOT.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 20 2011,05:31)
    Ed, is this the only forum where your allowed to annoy people like you do, where you can get away with it ?

Hi Shimmer,

Do you feel annoyed, if so why?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 20 2011,09:00)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 19 2011,12:02)

Hi Shimmer,

God bless

Ed,
    You also post as if your beliefs are FACT also.
    so shouldnt you also for the sake of the readers humble yourself to the reality that it is NOT.

Hi Dennison,

I give Scriptural backing that supports my views; and explain Scriptures that others think contradicts.
    Others disregard Scriptures that seem to contradict their view; Jack is an example one doing this.
    Perhaps that is what annoys him, he probably doesn't like being presented with “The Truth”.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account