The Purpose Driven Life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    rclamb
    Participant

I was woundering how you all feel about the purpose driven life by Rick Warren. Personally I think it is heresy, what do you think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome,
    I have not read it but it is a popular book. What is it that you find heretical?

rclamb
    Participant

Well actually very much, it downplays the salvation message, does not mention the atoninment by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, refers to sin as misatkes rather that sin just for starters

rclamb
    Participant

thanks for the welcome by the way:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Welcome rclamb.

I haven't read this book.
    From your rescription it sounds like the author is trying to use words that others are more familiar with. I personally do not have a problem with that, unless it is watering down the doctrine of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi rcl,
    Does it claim to offer a form of salvation or a view of the bible as empowering daily life?

Certainly faith empowers and doubt debilitates.

But if faith does not lead to obedience to the message from God brought by His Son, all is surely vanity.

rclamb
    Participant

waters it down to nothing actually

rclamb
    Participant

basically it does away with repentance of sin, you accept Jesus Christ and then basically you are good to go. Does away with the Holy Spirit working in our lives bringing about good fruit, it is focused on just basically doing good things which is salvation by works. very subtle in his writtings however if you actually check his scriptures in context they are way out of place, not to mention he uses versions of the Bible that I cannot even find along with the message which is not even a translation but a paraphrase

NickHassan
    Participant

Thank you for the info,
    There are plenty of false gospels and false teachers and false Jesus's and false signs…. and their popularity is guaranteed.
    “There is a way that seems right to man but it ends in death”

rclamb
    Participant

Amen! sighn of the times my friend.
    2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Proclaimer
    Participant

These days people go to the supermarket of doctrines and choose whatever suits them best.
    There are not that many in my experience that let truth/scripture change them, rather they like to change truth.

Men in their carnal nature seem to want to create idols and worship their own works.

Perhaps if we were to see the judgement seat of Christ, we would live the kind of life that we hope to see on that day.
    Why live recklessly now and face shame later on? There is no profit in that.

NickHassan
    Participant

True t8,
    Men elevate the teachings of falsehood above that of the Master.

kenrch
    Participant

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
    2Ti 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.

Moriet
    Participant
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 14 2006,17:29)
    These days people go to the supermarket of doctrines and choose whatever suits them best.
    There are not that many in my experience that let truth/scripture change them, rather they like to change truth.

Men in their carnal nature seem to want to create idols and worship their own works.

Perhaps if we were to see the judgement seat of Christ, we would live the kind of life that we hope to see on that day.
    Why live recklessly now and face shame later on? There is no profit in that.

hi T8

this was 4 years ago are you still the same ?

i think now days you just go to the Internet and stay home ,and get all the crap on a screen,

and yet there is a lot of good

20 years ago i thought TV was fast you know go to work and at the evening news the world info in front of you.

today the world is in your hands ,pocket and you can walk with it , it is called instant news

Pierre

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account