The Outer Darkness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rena
    Participant

Where there will be weeping and knashing of teeth.

I believe the outer darkess is in this life for some and in the next for others and I'm interested in what you think it is.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I had a vision of this darkness.
    http://www.heaven.net.nz/visions/heaven-hell.htm

My guess is it is the abode of the wicked dead and that eventually this will be swallowed up in the Lake of Fire.

shimmer
    Participant

Thanks, I'll read it.

ftk
    Participant

Shimmer: A possible thought. Since God is the substance of life or source of all that is IMO, there is not really an “outside” of God. But for the purpose of understanding by a limited fourth dimensional mind God has pictured those that are in union or agreement with his truth/words are the light within and those who believe in pain, suffering and a sinful nature unto death or reject,deny,disbelieve their salvation, are on the outside in “outer darkness” where they get what they believe in, pain, suffering, sickness, disease, sadness, etc.! Sounds like here on earth to me. Even the Psalmist said,… though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (here on earth, now) I will fear no evil (I have faith in God for salvation) for thou art with me….! Jesus walked in peace and love in the middle of turmoil and struggle.

Outer darkness is where there is lack of light or the truth is covered/distorted! Outside of God/life. There are variations of darkness. Darkness only blocks light. It never overcomes it. You cannot walk into a lighted room and make it dark without covering or blocking the the light. Untruth is darkness. Light is life and God. Whatever is predominately established in your mind about God is what God is to you, personally. Its our choice just like it was at the begining, life or death, good or evil, you choose. IMO, TK

Participant

Quote (Rena @ June 11 2011,15:37)

I believe the outer darkess is in this life for some and in the next for others and I'm interested in what you think it is.

Hi Rena:

We, that is all of humanity were in darkness through unbelief and in the transgression of God's Laws through our sins until we believed the gospel and our eyes were opened to the truth, that God is a reality, and that His testimony regarding His Only Begotten Son and His Christ is true.

From this darkness, or separation from God, we are called into a relationship with God through the gospel.

But from Outer darkness, there is no more opportunity for that individual in this state to be reconciled to God.  That person has rejected the gospel and has died in their sins.  The term “twice dead” can also be used for this individual.  The second death is eternal separation from God.  This is “Outer darkness”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Pastry
    Participant

Shimmer!  outer darkness… that is a good question.  Being without Gods Holy Spirit is certainly a dark place to be.  Will they have a second chance?  Georg thinks they do.  I don't know however.  All those that died and did not even know Jesus, I believe will have a first chance to know Him.  The thousand year reign Jesus will teach only the truth, and those that will hear Him, will be saved.  And thoswe that don't will die.  The outer darkness ow I believe where Satan dwells.  IMO though…. In the end all wicked will die in the Lake of Fire,

Mal 4:1 ¶ For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.  

Mal 4:2   But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.  

Mal 4:3   And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.  

Peace and Love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Wow t8, in your writing you said

By now I had noticed something very different and unusual. I started to sense this incredible love and it became intensly strong. Words cannot adequately describe this love. It filled my whole being and for the first time I felt totally and utterly satisfied deep down in my heart and soul. I didn't know that love like this existed and I remember feeling that this awesome love didn't freak me out or feel strange at all, but rather I knew that this was the way that life should be and it was my life on earth that seemed strange.

My existance before this vision seemed incomplete and very cold in comparison to what I was seeing, feeling and knowing. In fact it became obvious that the love of God is the most awesome experience that a person can have. It seemed easy to understand that it was possible to live forever in his love and never get bored or feel like yawning or getting tired. I knew I was being shown the answer to Life.

I had an experience, don't know if you read it, but, though different, as in, there was no natural scenery or other people, I was picked up, and, as you said, there were no words that can be used to describe what I felt.  Also, as you said, it was not anything like what is here on earth.  I remember thinking how different it is on earth.  But, it's really hard to put in words, so people can understand it.  I remember thinking 'what is the word for this love?  I heard another lady had the exact same experience, where I live.  She had a near death experiece, or was actually dead, I can't remember.  It was years ago this happened, but I dont forget it.  But it's hard to talk about, so, at least you can write about it.  I also feel this love for God sometimes when I pray.  But usually it's when I'm feeling either really happy and joyfull about something, or when I'm feeling really upset about something and I pray about it, and for day's I can feel this feeling in me that is amazing.

Also what you said about being able to live in that love forever.  The answer to life, exactly.

You said,

Human words are an inadequate way to describe such revelations, and I now cannot even comprehend what I saw, yet at the time I understood it all perfectly.

I know.  Me too. Trying to write about it here seems stupid to me because I CANT.

After this, the vision ended. I then opened my eyes and regretted doing so immediately, because it signified the end of the vision. I spent the next half hour staring at the wall, and trying my best to go back, but after a while I knew I couldn't, and I had to accept that the vision had finished. I looked around me with sadness that I was back on earth in my sinful body. I felt a real coldness about my existence here, but I was also very excited because God gave me a vision, and I had felt his wonderful love, which was far better than anything I could of imagined. I then woke my brother up and told him all that had happened to me.

I know me too.  I was put back down, and I cried and cried.  I wanted to go back.  But I also felt strengthened.

Thanks for sharing that.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 12 2011,11:18)
    I had a vision of this darkness.
    http://www.heaven.net.nz/visions/heaven-hell.htm

My guess is it is the abode of the wicked dead and that eventually this will be swallowed up in the Lake of Fire.

I agree with that. But I also think some people feel this darkness now in this life. I don't understand though how some people don't believe in God, or if they do, they don't follow it, and everything seems fine.  Yet others live in darkness, example depression, or a hard life, even if they believe.

I know with myself, I always believed in God. There were “good days” but often years of darkness. Then one day, all of a sudden, God started revealing himself to me. It started with discipline, but God became real – more real than ever. It's like walking into the light, and it just got better and better. Though there are hard times it's never ever the darkness, and I have no fear, not like I used to.  

But, the 'outer darkness' I have definatly experienced here in this life. As I'm sure many many people millions have. The darkest days of my life was when I was about 17. And I'v always described it as darkness, even before I read the Bible.

So, I guess it shows how important it is to share Gods love to others here, in our community, who may be in this darkness. Especially thinking of eternity, and what you have seen.

Maybe hand out tracts, with the right wording? I might do that.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ July 13 2011,00:27)
    Shimmer: A possible thought. Since God is the substance of life or source of all that is IMO, there is not really an “outside” of God. But for the purpose of understanding by a limited fourth dimensional mind God has pictured those that are in union or agreement with his truth/words are the light within and those who believe in pain, suffering and a sinful nature unto death or reject,deny,disbelieve their salvation, are on the outside in “outer darkness” where they get what they believe in, pain, suffering, sickness, disease, sadness, etc.! Sounds like here on earth to me. Even the Psalmist said,… though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (here on earth, now) I will fear no evil (I have faith in God for salvation) for thou art with me….! Jesus walked in peace and love in the middle of turmoil and struggle.

Outer darkness is where there is lack of light or the truth is covered/distorted! Outside of God/life. There are variations of darkness. Darkness only blocks light. It never overcomes it. You cannot walk into a lighted room and make it dark without covering or blocking the the light. Untruth is darkness. Light is life and God. Whatever is predominately established in your mind about God is what God is to you, personally. Its our choice just like it was at the begining, life or death, good or evil, you choose. IMO, TK

I believe truth does set us free.  But some people have never known the truth.  So, if someone has never known the truth, and say they have had a hard life, that was unfair, what then? I don't believe they can just suddenly change their thinking and everything will be ok.

God draws those who he choses, then they go out and do the same? Just a thought.  I don't believe we are supposed to keep what we know to ourself.  There will be a famine – not of food – but of the word of God. Haven't we become a generation of 'please only ourself-ers?'

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Irene.  I can't see a thousand year millenium in the Bible.  God's kingdom is an eternal kingdom.  But you know that, what I believe.  The 'millenium' being the thousands of years when Satan is “bound” – note that being bound doesn't mean evil no longer exists, or that Satan still can't work – it's just a limiting of what Satan can do, so that the Gospel could go around the world.  Then soon, if not now, Satan will be let lose to decieve the world one last time.  I believe we maybe in it now.  But you know what I believe:)

I do see what you mean though.  Some people have never – that we know of – heard the truth. I do know that Jesus is showing himself in Dreams and Visions to the Muslim world right now.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 13 2011,03:51)

Quote (Rena @ June 11 2011,15:37)

Hi Rena:

We, that is all of humanity were in darkness through unbelief and in the transgression of God's Laws through our sins until we believed the gospel and our eyes were opened to the truth, that God is a reality, and that His testimony regarding His Only Begotten Son and His Christ is true.

From this darkness, or separation from God, we are called into a relationship with God through the gospel.

Thats true.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 13 2011,20:52)
    Wow t8, in your writing you said

By now I had noticed something very different and unusual. I started to sense this incredible love and it became intensly strong. Words cannot adequately describe this love. It filled my whole being and for the first time I felt totally and utterly satisfied deep down in my heart and soul. I didn't know that love like this existed and I remember feeling that this awesome love didn't freak me out or feel strange at all, but rather I knew that this was the way that life should be and it was my life on earth that seemed strange.

My existance before this vision seemed incomplete and very cold in comparison to what I was seeing, feeling and knowing. In fact it became obvious that the love of God is the most awesome experience that a person can have. It seemed easy to understand that it was possible to live forever in his love and never get bored or feel like yawning or getting tired. I knew I was being shown the answer to Life.

I had an experience, don't know if you read it, but, though different, as in, there was no natural scenery or other people, I was picked up, and, as you said, there were no words that can be used to describe what I felt.  Also, as you said, it was not anything like what is here on earth.  I remember thinking how different it is on earth.  But, it's really hard to put in words, so people can understand it.  I remember thinking 'what is the word for this love?  I heard another lady had the exact same experience, where I live.  She had a near death experiece, or was actually dead, I can't remember.  It was years ago this happened, but I dont forget it.  But it's hard to talk about, so, at least you can write about it.  I also feel this love for God sometimes when I pray.  But usually it's when I'm feeling either really happy and joyfull about something, or when I'm feeling really upset about something and I pray about it, and for day's I can feel this feeling in me that is amazing.

Also what you said about being able to live in that love forever.  The answer to life, exactly.

You said,

Human words are an inadequate way to describe such revelations, and I now cannot even comprehend what I saw, yet at the time I understood it all perfectly.

I know.  Me too. Trying to write about it here seems stupid to me because I CANT.

After this, the vision ended. I then opened my eyes and regretted doing so immediately, because it signified the end of the vision. I spent the next half hour staring at the wall, and trying my best to go back, but after a while I knew I couldn't, and I had to accept that the vision had finished. I looked around me with sadness that I was back on earth in my sinful body. I felt a real coldness about my existence here, but I was also very excited because God gave me a vision, and I had felt his wonderful love, which was far better than anything I could of imagined. I then woke my brother up and told him all that had happened to me.

I know me too.  I was put back down, and I cried and cried.  I wanted to go back.  But I also felt strengthened.

Thanks for sharing that.

Greetings Shimmer ….. This is the peace that is beyond our understanding …. enjoy

shimmer
    Participant

Thanks Theodore.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account