The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The apostles were yet to be illuminated from above and were carnal men.
    But surely you have been given light?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    True worship is not related to what these men were doing anyway.[Jn4]

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    After the illumination came these men all died for the one they worshiped there. I think it is safe to say that they were on the right track to true worship. They gave their all for who He was.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi LU,
    True worship is to the the Father is in spirit and truth.
    That is what the Lord Jesus taught.
    You may know more?

Lightenup
    Participant

Well, the apostles did worship the Father and the one the Father revealed was the only God at His side since the beginning…they even wrote those things the Father revealed when He inspired them to write their gospels and epistles. They included that the by the Son all things were created, that He was the arm of the Lord that Isaiah wrote about, and that we need the Son if we want the Father.

1 John 1:3
    …our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Not according to the definition of Jesus.
    They couldn't worship the Father in spirit and truth till the Spirit of God filled them.

Only then did their cleansed temples come to life.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2010,15:01)
    Well, the apostles did worship the Father and the one the Father revealed was the only God at His side since the beginning…they even wrote those things the Father revealed when He inspired them to write their gospels and epistles.  They included that the by the Son all things were created, that He was the arm of the Lord that Isaiah wrote about, and that we need the Son if we want the Father.

NASU

LU

James it looks he preach to worship the father not Christ ;Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
    Jas 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Jas 5:19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back,
    Jas 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

1Pe 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    1Pe 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
    1Pe 1:5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
    1Pe 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
    1Pe 1:7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

i only see they worship God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2010,23:14)

Well, the apostles did worship the Father and the one the Father revealed was the only God at His side since the beginning…they even wrote those things the Father revealed when He inspired them to write their gospels and epistles.  They included that the by the Son all things were created, that He was the arm of the Lord that Isaiah wrote about, and that we need the Son if we want the Father.

NASU

LU

James it looks he preach to worship the father not Christ ;Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
    Jas 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Jas 5:19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back,
    Jas 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

1Pe 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    1Pe 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
    1Pe 1:5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
    1Pe 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
    1Pe 1:7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

terraricca,

Read what Peter says about Jesus here:
    2 Peter 1:1
    1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:
    NASU

James says he is a bond-servant of Christ like Peter did and calls Jesus “Lord.”
    James 1:1
    1 James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
    NASU

The disciples were said to have worshiped Jesus:

Matt 14:29-33
    29 And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
    30 But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”
    31 Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”
    32 When they got into the boat, the wind stopped.
    33 And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God's Son!”
    NASU

Matt 28:6-10
    6 “He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.
    7 “Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.”
    8 And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
    9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.
    10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and take word to My brethren to leave for Galilee, and there they will see Me.”
    NASU

So, considering that these two disciples were killed for their faith then I would say that they were followers of Christ to their deaths and that is the ultimate act of worship. They did not deny Christ to spare their lives. Peter's death pleased the Jews, don't you think that if Peter was merely preaching the worship of the Father then the Jews would have been displeased that he was put to death?

Acts 12:1-3
    12 Now about that time Herod the king laid hands on some who belonged to the church in order to mistreat them.
    2 And he had James the brother of John put to death with a sword.
    3 When he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded to arrest Peter also. Now it was during the days of Unleavened Bread.
    NASU

James was clubbed to death at an old age.

side note…John was placed in a pot of burning oil for his faith and miraculously protected so that no harm came to his body. He later went on to write the Book of Revelations.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2010,23:03)
    Hi LU,
    Not according to the definition of Jesus.
    They couldn't worship the Father in spirit and truth till the Spirit of God filled them.

Only then did their cleansed temples come to life.

Nick,
    The disciples had received the Holy Spirit on the same day that Jesus was resurrected and met them in the closed room.

John 20:21-29
    21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
    22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
    23 “If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”
    24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
    25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
    26 After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.”
    27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
    28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
    NASU

Then several days later a whole room full of believers received the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:1-4
    2 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place.
    2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
    3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them.
    4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
    NASU

The disciples had received the Holy Spirit before they worshiped Him in Matt:
    Matt 28:16-20
    16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated.
    17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.
    18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
    19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
    20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
    NASU

I'm tired of the run around…goodnight!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You will do what you will do.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2010,16:21)

NASU

LU

terraricca,

1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:
    NASU

James says he is a bond-servant of Christ like Peter did and calls Jesus “Lord.”
    NASU

29 And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
    30 But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”
    31 Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”
    33 And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God's Son!”
    NASU

6 “He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.
    7 “Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.”
    8 And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
    9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.
    10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and take word to My brethren to leave for Galilee, and there they will see Me.”
    NASU

So, considering that these two disciples were killed for their faith then I would say that they were followers of Christ to their deaths and that is the ultimate act of worship.  They did not deny Christ to spare their lives.  Peter's death pleased the Jews, don't you think that if Peter was merely preaching the worship of the Father then the Jews would have been displeased that he was put to death?

12 Now about that time Herod the king laid hands on some who belonged to the church in order to mistreat them.
    3 When he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded to arrest Peter also. Now it was during the days of Unleavened Bread.
    NASU

side note…John was placed in a pot of burning oil for his faith and miraculously protected so that no harm came to his body.  He later went on to write the Book of Revelations.

LU

NASU

they did not call hi God the father ;

33 And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God's Son

they called him Lord and the son of God;so??

And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.

here Jesus called them brethren do you worship your brother?? so the word “worship “is strange it seams not adequate,

you say;So, considering that these two disciples were killed for their faith then I would say that they were followers of Christ to their deaths and that is the ultimate act of worship. They did not deny Christ to spare their lives. Peter's death pleased the Jews, don't you think that if Peter was merely preaching the worship of the Father then the Jews would have been displeased that he was put to death?

you wrong there ,it is impossible to preach reconciliation with the Father without confessing Christ because it was God purpose to make it that way,

so what you say has no meaning and is invalid.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2010,05:36)

NASU

LU

terraricca,

NASU

NASU

NASU

NASU

So, considering that these two disciples were killed for their faith then I would say that they were followers of Christ to their deaths and that is the ultimate act of worship.  They did not deny Christ to spare their lives.  Peter's death pleased the Jews, don't you think that if Peter was merely preaching the worship of the Father then the Jews would have been displeased that he was put to death?

NASU

side note…John was placed in a pot of burning oil for his faith and miraculously protected so that no harm came to his body.  He later went on to write the Book of Revelations.

LU

NASU

33 And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God's Son

And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.

here Jesus called them brethren  do you worship your brother?? so the word “worship “is strange it seams not adequate,

you say;So, considering that these two disciples were killed for their faith then I would say that they were followers of Christ to their deaths and that is the ultimate act of worship.  They did not deny Christ to spare their lives.  Peter's death pleased the Jews, don't you think that if Peter was merely preaching the worship of the Father then the Jews would have been displeased that he was put to death?

you wrong there ,it is impossible to preach reconciliation with the Father without  confessing Christ because it was God purpose to make it that way,

terraricca,

You are neglecting this portion of my post to you…why?

NASU

You have to realize
    that the revelation of Jesus was not complete when He left the earth to be seated on high. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth and disclose Jesus to you. He cannot show you if you stop seeking more revelation. As I have challenged you…the Bible never says to worship the “Father” alone. It says to worship the Lord God and serve Him only and the Lord God which that refers to is the One God in the OT which includes the “Outstretched Arm.”

John 16:5-15
    5 “But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?'
    6 “But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
    7 “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
    8 “And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;
    9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;
    10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me;
    11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
    12 “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
    13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth;
    for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
    14 “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
    15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.
    NASU

All knees will bow someday…even yours, dear one.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2010,21:36)

NASU

LU

terraricca,

NASU

NASU

NASU

NASU

NASU

LU

NASU

here Jesus called them brethren  do you worship your brother?? so the word “worship “is strange it seams not adequate,

you say;So, considering that these two disciples were killed for their faith then I would say that they were followers of Christ to their deaths and that is the ultimate act of worship.  They did not deny Christ to spare their lives.  Peter's death pleased the Jews, don't you think that if Peter was merely preaching the worship of the Father then the Jews would have been displeased that he was put to death?

you wrong there ,it is impossible to preach reconciliation with the Father without  confessing Christ because it was God purpose to make it that way,

LU

by the righteousness of our God, and Savior Jesus Christ:

LU,see what i did with your scripture i have moved the coma
    two words back,

you think it as the same meaning now?????

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2010,15:22)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2010,21:36)

NASU

LU

terraricca,

NASU

NASU

NASU

NASU

NASU

LU

NASU

LU

by the righteousness of our God, and Savior Jesus Christ:

LU,see what i did with your scripture i have moved the coma
    two words back,

you think it as the same meaning now?????

terraricca,

You of all people playing with commas… ???

I will discuss the greek grammar with you for this verse but first I would like to know the version of the Bible that you like to use.

terraricca
    Participant

LU
    i just try to show you it does not take much to change the meaning of a sentence.

this is why discussion on words do not accomplish much,but the spirit does

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2010,23:34)
    LU
    i just try to show you it does not take much to change the meaning of a sentence.

terraricca,
    So how do we test what someone says that the spirit told them? Don't we use scriptures? How do we test the spirit that we are listening to?

2 Tim 3:14-17
    14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
    NASU

Btw, you still haven't told me how Jesus is greater than Moses.
    Also, again, what is your favorite Bible version?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 02 2010,16:07)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2010,23:34)
    LU

terraricca,
    So how do we test what someone says that the spirit told them?  Don't we use scriptures?  How do we test the spirit that we are listening to?  

2 Tim 3:14-17
    14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
    NASU

Btw, you still haven't told me how Jesus is greater than Moses.
    Also, again, what is your favorite Bible version?

LU

Jesus covenant was better than Moses covenant.

as for my bible translations to me it is of no importance.

i have 5 english version,5 frensh version ,one armenian version,and dictionaries ,and commentaries.the gospel of mathew Hebrew version,and my computer internet.and +

Lightenup
    Participant

terraricca,
    Well you have a lot of study materials…that is good. I have recently become aware of the Matthew Hebrew version and would like to look at that a little further.

I was wondering which Bible of yours places the comma in 2 Pet 1:1 like you showed me? The KJV Bible words 2 Pet 1:1 more like what you would want it to read like, fyi. However, it is inconsistent because of few verses later within the same chapter, the same grammatical construction is portrayed differently when it speaks of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Obviously there has been some clumsy translating here.

The NASB writes that verse like this:

NASU

It is consistent in this verse:
    2 Peter 1:11
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.
    NASU

Here it is in the KJV:

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
    KJV

2 Peter 1:11
    11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
    KJV

So, if you looked at the Greek you would find that the same words are in each verse in that bolded portion except for the substitution of “God” with “Lord.” Yet the KJV is not consistent with how they translate the phrase.

You did not tell me how we are supposed to test the “spirits” of one another if not with the Bible.

terraricca
    Participant

LU

what is it about you what make you so eager to learn Gods ways ????

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2010,12:39)
    LU

what is it about you what make you so eager to learn Gods ways ????

terraricca,

I seek because God says to and has given me a desire to…Matt 6:33

Matt 6:33
    33 “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
    NASU

The truth sets us free and we can help others find it if we have found it ourselves.

What about you…what makes you so eager to learn God's ways?

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account