The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 30 2010,23:29)
    LU

terraricca,
    The truth they died for was that Jesus was the Righteous One and the fact of the resurrection.

You are right, He didn't come to receive worship…consider it must be a bonus from the anxious bride of Christ

So, you wouldn't die for Him?

yes i will died for the sake of his name ,because he represent the father to us ,he is the visible god like moses was to Aaron his brother.
    and he is the true shepherd ,he is the only one who as the words of live,he is the only one who has received full approval of his God the father,and in him was and is the truth of righteousness and live.
    and he is also the means by wich God has given us the hope and promess for evelasting live.

terraricca,
    So is Jesus just another prophet like Moses? Are Moses and Jesus equal?

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 31 2010,00:05)
    LU, Can you be completly devoted to two persons?

JA

Ask yourself the same question in regards to the Father and the Son.

Are you less devoted to Jesus than to the Father? Do you give him less honour than the Father?

The Apostles didn't! How can you totally be devoted to 2 Masters unless they are ONE?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2010,03:24)

LU

terraricca,
    The truth they died for was that Jesus was the Righteous One and the fact of the resurrection.

You are right, He didn't come to receive worship…consider it must be a bonus from the anxious bride of Christ

yes i will died for the sake of his name ,because he represent the father to us ,he is the visible god like moses was to Aaron his brother.
    and he is the true shepherd ,he is the only one who as the words of live,he is the only one who has received full approval of his God the father,and in him was and is the truth of righteousness and live.
    and he is also the means by wich God has given us the hope and promess for evelasting live.

terraricca,
    So is Jesus just another prophet like Moses?  Are Moses and Jesus equal?

LU

Moses has said that the prophet who comes after him would be greater than him.

this answer your question?

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,

God and Jesus are indeed ONE – as We will be ONE with them if we are privileged to be amongst those received up to heaven (and I doubt that I will be one of such).

Your interpretation of ONE is so misunderstood it can only be from deliberate obstanacy.

I Honor, Glorify and Praise Jesus as I do God, But I worship God Only.

I can't see how you try to make out anuthing other than what I have said miriad times here in this forum (My, How easy they forget!).
    I have illustrated my view of Heaven and God's holy order – I am one at the bottom amogst the earthly humans in Paradise (I yearn for that at least).

When I asked for you and TT to illustrate the same from your view – You CANNOT, WILL NOT – what was it you said?

I have no shame lauding my God and His Son. I pray to God through Jesus. I Thank Jesus through God. But I worship God.

What you are doing is the old reverse question trick – it's so old it's amazing it's still in use: Play both ends against the middle.
    “Do you Love God”? Yes
    “Do you Love Jesus”? Yes
    “Do you love one more than the other”? Umm, No, er, well Yes, I love God more than Jesus (That was really hard to say!)
    “Aha – You DON'T LOVE CHRIST AS MUCH – What a terrible thing to say…!”

The scriptures say we should love our one another, to Love Jesus and above all, Love God.
    How 'above all'?
    “Because HE First Loved Us” by giving us Life.
    “Because it is to HIM and Him alone that we should offer sacred service in our greater Love”

This all does not exclude, in anyway, Love of Jesus but the gretaer Love goes to God.

Always, Always,Always, Put God FiRST. In ALL THINGS good and Heavenly, God Comes First.

To Worship God, and God alone, is to to show greater Love for Him. For it is through HIM that Christ is empowered, upheld, resourced – in the Majesty of his (Jesus') God, the One True God Almighty, YHVH, God of Hosts, the “I AM”.

WJ, why do you try (futilely?) to make me a Trinitarian, are there not enough (66.6% of Humanity) who are in denial already?
    Can you make the number greater by changing me – Try changing God, if you think you are so powerful?

What have I said about you before – bring it on – you are merely scriptural exercise weights (…) to help me hone my knowledge.

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,
    Ha ha – I just re-read your post…

Don't you mean the two masters are THREE? Thou shalt love the Holy Spirit with all thy might (Yes, I know that isn't the exact scripture…some time the mighty wind just blows where it will but it still has the same effect!)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2010,12:29)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2010,03:24)

LU

terraricca,

terraricca,
    So is Jesus just another prophet like Moses?  Are Moses and Jesus equal?

LU

Moses has said that the prophet who comes after him would be greater than him.

this answer your question?

Thanks terraricca,
    Now can you tell me why Jesus is greater than Moses?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus said anyone in the Kingdom would be greater than the greatest prophet, John.
    As John said Jesus was given the fullness of God's spirit and that is said of no other prophet.
    To be joined with Jesus is to share in part that wonderful blessing and to be seated with him on high.

But those joined with him would not worship him, and thus themselves too, would they?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    No, just join yourselves with deity and worship deity not one another.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Serving the vine seems more sensible.
    It is obedience that is relevant rather than adulation.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    It is obedient to worship deity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Where does scripture say we are to worship other Gods than the God of Jesus?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    In the OT.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The OT does not record anything about wosrshiping other Gods than that of Israel.
    Such practices were more than frowned on .

Jesus told us the Father was one one they called God[Jn8.54]
    You know more?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    The God of Israel is the Father and the Son.
    Worship the creator all else are idols.
    By the Son all things were created.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Why would you oppose Jesus's teachings?
    The Lord is the Spirit

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2010,20:05)
    Hi LU,
    Why would you oppose Jesus's teachings?
    The Lord is the Spirit

Nick,
    Do you only read the red letters? All scripture is inspired and is profitable for teaching…

2 Tim 3:14-17
    14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
    15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
    17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    There are no scriptures that say God and His Son are a combined binity.
    Jesus came because his God sent him

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2010,21:25)
    Hi LU,
    There are no scriptures that say God and His Son are a combined binity.
    Jesus came because his God sent him

And our mighty God who is the only God at the side of His Father, sends us.
    Matt 28:17-20
    17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.
    18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
    19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
    20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
    NASU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes his God gave him all authority.
    Should all men given authority by God be a reason for worshiping them?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2010,22:06)
    Hi LU,
    Yes his God gave him all authority.
    Should all men given authority by God be a reason for worshiping them?

Nick,
    Right, He has been given all authority and don't miss the fact that the disciples were worshiping the resurrected Jesus in that passage ???

Also note that they were worshiping Him BEFORE He mentioned that He had all authority and BEFORE He sent them.

And btw, in case you are still wondering…only worship deity, not any man in authority. Good grief!

psssss Nick, does you wife regularly ask you if you have been driving the Heaven net members crazy with your thick headed comments :)

Love ya, K

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account