The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

I see a post from you earlier that asked why we don't see Jesus worshipping God.

Well, He does. In fact he is the PERFECT Priest and the Perfect Sacrifice in the worship of His God.

That is why He is represented by the Slain Lamb before God (As described in Revelation)

Also, to Worship God is to follow all his ways, to be devouted to Him completely and to be prepared to lay down your life for Him – Jesus did, does and is doing all of this, to and for, his God.

The Elders Worship God by casting their Crown (Sacrificial Symbols of Authority) in front of the Throne of God and Him who sits on the Throne, God Almighty, Himself.

God Almighty and Jesus both receive Honor, Praise and Glory (Jesus also receives Power and Wealth – why the additional things that God does get? Perhaps because these are things that God OWNS already and is giving them to His Son?)

God, alone, however, receives Worship.

God is the ONLY Giver of Life – it is ONLY to him that we should offer ot back.

Please do not be confused where it says that Jesus Is Life – for Life is in Him. This means that he has the power to Mark out those who will be saved and those who will go to final destruction, So He “Gives marks out – Gives – Life, to those He chooses” BUT it is still God Almighty who will perform the act of destruction of the 'Spirits” of those deemed by Jesus as wicked ones

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 30 2010,10:07)
    LU,

I see a post from you earlier that asked why we don't see Jesus worshipping God.

Well, He does. In fact he is the PERFECT Priest and the Perfect Sacrifice in the worship of His God.

That is why He is represented by the Slain Lamb before God (As described in Revelation)

Also, to Worship God is to follow all his ways, to be devouted to Him completely and to be prepared to lay down your life for Him – Jesus did, does and is doing all of this, to and for, his God.

The Elders Worship God by casting their Crown (Sacrificial Symbols of Authority) in front of the Throne of God and Him who sits on the Throne, God Almighty, Himself.

God Almighty and Jesus both receive Honor, Praise and Glory (Jesus also receives Power and Wealth – why the additional things that God does get? Perhaps because these are things that God OWNS already and is giving them to His Son?)

Please do not be confused where it says that Jesus Is Life – for Life is in Him.  This means that he has the power to Mark out those who will be saved and those who will go to final destruction, So He “Gives marks out – Gives – Life, to those He chooses” BUT it is still God Almighty who will perform the act of destruction of the 'Spirits” of those deemed by Jesus as wicked ones

Hi JA, terraricca, Mikeboll, Nick Hassan,

Well, I asked why Jesus wasn't seen worshiping His God in Revelations.  I understand that He worshiped His God, I just wonder why we didn't see Him taking a position of bowing down like the others around the throne.
    Anyway, JA has said that following all of God's ways and giving your life for God would be the ultimate act of worship that can be given.  Is that correct, JA?

JA said:

This is a somber moment for me, because for the first time ever, I researched the apostles and disciples death.  Realize this…they followed Jesus Christ's ways AND went to their DEATH because they would not deny the Gospel of JESUS CHRIST.  THEY DIED FOR JESUS.  Here is some info on that:

Deaths of the Christian Apostles and Disciples
    Most of the deaths of the apostles and disciples of Christ are not documented in detail in the Bible. This article expores historical records of events that provide insight into the sacrifice of early Christian martyrs. Christ warned His disciples that they would be persecuted as His followers because “the world hated Me”, yet before His ascension He promised them the “Comforter” meaning the Holy Spirit.
    At the time of His crucifixion, the disciples scattered and went into hiding, perhaps fearing brutal treatment may be in store for them. Of the 12, only James was present as a witness at the cross. After His resurrection, Christ appeared and spoke to the disciples and many others several times. They wouldn't wait long after His ascension for the gift of the Comforter. At Pentecost, 50 days later, the promise of the Holy Spirit came to the disciples, who were further emboldened as He spoke through them.
    The truth they taught, even unto death, has stood the test of time. Jesus was God in the flesh, was crucified for the remission of sin, was raised on the third day, is sitting at the right hand of God, and will come again to judge the world. The disciples held fast to these beliefs and went forth with confidence to preach the Gospel. As a result of professing the Good News, many were condemned to death.
    List of Apostles and Disciples of Christ and How They Died
    From historical records, here's how the Christian apostles and other disciples died. Each person is listed in alphabetical order with the method of execution, plus the date of their death and place, if known.
    Andrew,brother of Peter,was crucified in Edessa.
    Bartholomew was beaten and then crucified in India.
    James the Great,older brother of John,was beheaded in 44 A.D. in Judea.
    James the Less was beaten,stoned,and then clubbed to death at age 94 in Jerusalem.
    Jude,brother of James,was crucified in 72 A.D. in Edessa.
    Luke was hanged on an olive tree in Greece.
    Mark was dragged to death in Alexandria.
    Matthew was killed with a weapon that had a blade and spike in 60 A.D. in Nadabah.
    Matthias was stoned and then beheaded in Jerusalem.
    Paul was beheaded with a sword in Rome.
    Peter was crucified head down by request as unworthy to die the same as Christ, in Rome.
    Philip was scourged,imprisoned,and then crucified in 54 A.D. in Heliopolis, Phrygia.
    Simon was crucified in 74 A.D. in Britain.
    Stephen was stoned to death in 34 A.D. in Jerusalem.
    Thomas was thrust through with a spear in India.

According to the period writer Clemens Alexandrinus, as James the Great was lead to his death his accuser was so moved by his courage and faith that he fell at his feet, accepted Christ, and requested a pardon for James or else martyrdom for himself. Both were beheaded.
    John,brother of James the Great,was the only apostle who did not suffer a violent death. An attempt was made, however. After he survived boiling in oil without injury, a divine miracle, he was exiled to the Isle of Patmos where the book of Revelation was written.
    More About the Apostle Paul and Persecution
    Paul, the apostle and previously known as Saul, was an aggressive persecutor of the early church. He was present at the stoning of Stephen where he held the coats of those casting stones. His conversion took place on the road to Damascus where he was headed with papers authorizing removal of Christians to Jerusalem for punishment. Previously his actions resulted in imprisonment or death of the followers of Christ.
    Saul's conversion was met by many church leaders with disbelief because of his reputation for aggressively persecuting Christians. Later known as Paul, his equally aggressive style was used to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles. Paul was especially enlightened, and through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit many of his New Testament writings reveal secrets and mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world. Consider the importance of the love of Christ described in Romans chapter 8.
    Verse 38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    Verse 39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 (KJV)
    Paul was given the answer to the ultimate riddle. Israel is God's chosen people. Because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the inheritence promised to His chosen people was extended to the Gentiles, meaning all foreigners, who Paul so aggressively embraced and taught.
    The deaths of the apostles and others in the early church provide a reference point for Christians today. Our faith may not be tested by such extreme means, yet we should be encouraged to spread the Gospel and draw others to Christ. Being a witness to others about your faith and the peace and joy found in loving Christ, may be the best gift you ever g
    ive a relative, friend, or stranger.
    Article Source: http://www.ultimateriddles.com/death-of-apostles-disciples.html.

The disciples and the apostles WORSHIPED CHRIST…they followed all His ways and they died FOR HIM!!

Need I say more??

Matt 5:11
    11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
    NASU

What Matt 5:11 DOESN'T say is:
    Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of the Father…it says because of ME…and that is Christ!!!

Please don't even think of calling that obeisance.

We celebrate the resurrection on this Sunday as a body of Christ. I certainly hope you can now join the disciples and apostles and give Christ the worship He deserves. Rejoice with your whole heart that Jesus Christ has risen. Call Him your MIGHTY GOD to the glory of the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Your question about not seeing Jesus worshiping God shows you have the world's attitude to worship.
    The worship of the world involves a set aside time, a building and rituals and leaders.
    True worship is within the temple of the Spirit we all can become.

Such worship is unseen and can be anywhere and at any time offering a sacrifice of praise in Christ to our God.
    He who was truth also spoke truth and defended his Father's truth.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 30 2010,14:08)
    Hi LU,
    Your question about not seeing Jesus worshiping God shows you have the world's attitude to worship.
    The worship of the world involves a set aside time, a building and rituals and leaders.

Such worship is unseen and can be anywhere and at any time offering a sacrifice of praise in Christ to our God.

Nick,
    Talk about missing the message I just posted!!!

The apostles and disciples worshiped Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 31 2010,06:06)

LU,

Please do not be confused where it says that Jesus Is Life – for Life is in Him.  This means that he has the power to Mark out those who will be saved and those who will go to final destruction, So He “Gives marks out – Gives – Life, to those He chooses” BUT it is still God Almighty who will perform the act of destruction of the 'Spirits” of those deemed by Jesus as wicked ones

Well, I asked why Jesus wasn't seen worshiping His God in Revelations.  I understand that He worshiped His God, I just wonder why we didn't see Him taking a position of bowing down like the others around the throne.
    Anyway, JA has said that following all of God's ways and giving your life for God would be the ultimate act of worship that can be given.  Is that correct, JA?

JA said:

This is a somber moment for me, because for the first time ever, I researched the apostles and disciples death.  Realize this…they followed Jesus Christ's ways AND went to their DEATH because they would not deny the Gospel of JESUS CHRIST.  THEY DIED FOR JESUS.  Here is some info on that:

Most of the deaths of the apostles and disciples of Christ are not documented in detail in the Bible. This article expores historical records of events that provide insight into the sacrifice of early Christian martyrs. Christ warned His disciples that they would be persecuted as His followers because “the world hated Me”, yet before His ascension He promised them the “Comforter” meaning the Holy Spirit.
    At the time of His crucifixion, the disciples scattered and went into hiding, perhaps fearing brutal treatment may be in store for them. Of the 12, only James was present as a witness at the cross. After His resurrection, Christ appeared and spoke to the disciples and many others several times. They wouldn't wait long after His ascension for the gift of the Comforter. At Pentecost, 50 days later, the promise of the Holy Spirit came to the disciples, who were further emboldened as He spoke through them.
    The truth they taught, even unto death, has stood the test of time. Jesus was God in the flesh, was crucified for the remission of sin, was raised on the third day, is sitting at the right hand of God, and will come again to judge the world. The disciples held fast to these beliefs and went forth with confidence to preach the Gospel. As a result of professing the Good News, many were condemned to death.
    From historical records, here's how the Christian apostles and other disciples died. Each person is listed in alphabetical order with the method of execution, plus the date of their death and place, if known.
    James the Less was beaten,stoned,and then clubbed to death at age 94 in Jerusalem.
    Matthew was killed with a weapon that had a blade and spike in 60 A.D. in Nadabah.
    Peter was crucified head down by request as unworthy to die the same as Christ, in Rome.
    Philip was scourged,imprisoned,and then crucified in 54 A.D. in Heliopolis, Phrygia.

According to the period writer Clemens Alexandrinus, as James the Great was lead to his death his accuser was so moved by his courage and faith that he fell at his feet, accepted Christ, and requested a pardon for James or else martyrdom for himself. Both were beheaded.
    John,brother of James the Great,was the only apostle who did not suffer a violent death. An attempt was made, however. After he survived boiling in oil without injury, a divine miracle, he was exiled to the Isle of Patmos where the book of Revelation was written.
    Paul, the apostle and previously known as Saul, was an aggressive persecutor of the early church. He was present at the stoning of Stephen where he held the coats of those casting stones. His conversion took place on the road to Damascus where he was headed with papers authorizing removal of Christians to Jerusalem for punishment. Previously his actions resulted in imprisonment or death of the followers of Christ.
    Saul's conversion was met by many church leaders with disbelief because of his reputation for aggressively persecuting Christians. Later known as Paul, his equally aggressive style was used to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles. Paul was especially enlightened, and through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit many of his New Testament writings reveal secrets and mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world. Consider the importance of the love of Christ described in Romans chapter 8.
    Verse 38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    Verse 39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 (KJV)
    Paul was given the answer to the ultimate riddle. Israel is God's chosen people. Because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the inheritence promised to His chosen people was extended to the Gentiles, meaning all foreigners, who Paul so aggressively embraced and taught.
    The deaths of the apostles and others in the early church provide a reference point for Christians today. Our faith may not be te
    sted by such extreme means, yet we should be encouraged to spread the Gospel and draw others to Christ. Being a witness to others about your faith and the peace and joy found in loving Christ, may be the best gift you ever give a relative, friend, or stranger.
    Article Source: http://www.ultimateriddles.com/death-of-apostles-disciples.html.

The disciples and the apostles WORSHIPED CHRIST…they followed all His ways and they died FOR HIM!!

Need I say more??

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
    NASU

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of the Father…it says because of ME…and that is Christ!!!

We celebrate the resurrection on this Sunday as a body of Christ.  I certainly hope you can now join the disciples and apostles and give Christ the worship He deserves.  Rejoice with your whole heart that Jesus Christ has risen.  Call Him your MIGHTY GOD to the glory of the Father.

LU

again you do not understand that christ came to make his father known to Israel,and to fullfil Gods will,not to be worship,

his aposteles did not died for Christ but for the truth of his father that he has made known to them;
    Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
    Jn 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
    Jn 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
    Jn 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    Jn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
    Jn 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks

there are many more but you need clear understanding in Gods way not your personal views

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 31 2010,06:13)

Hi LU,

Nick,

Hi LU,
    By the definition of Jesus their bowing down to their Lord was not TRUE WORSHIP.[jn4]

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

You only read the parts you want to read from my post.

Patchwork reading, a Collage, a Mosaic… Try reading the whole post 'in context, as written and with Holy Spurited comprehension'

It is to God, who gave us life, to whom we should offer it back.

Terra, Nick are right in their post. They are not simply stating their own views and supporting mine, they are also stating reality.

LU, we are trying to help you, not cause a dispute.

Your desire to worship Jesus is unscriptural. It is something you have brought about from your own misinterpretations of the scriptures.

You Want To Say 'Oh, weren't you a good boy, Jesus. You should be worshipped like your Father, look what you did even unto your own death.'

LU, do you know how that sounds?

A jealous mother? A tempter, like Satan… Beware!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 30 2010,14:32)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 31 2010,06:13)

Hi LU,

Nick,

Hi LU,
    By the definition of Jesus their bowing down to their Lord was not TRUE WORSHIP.[jn4]

Nick et al,
    Most of that post was more about dying for Jesus.  If Son of God means God, as the Son, would you have denied Him too or would you have confessed it as the apostles and disciples did to the point of death.

Jesus wasn't put to death because He claimed to be one of many sons of God, He was put to death because He claimed to be THE Son of God. A statement that was equal to claiming Himself as deity. That made Him equal to deity and that is why they killed Him…because of so called “blasphemy.”

Jesus is our Mighty God from our Most High God.  That is why they killed the apostles and disciples too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Son of God means son of God not GOD.
    He said he was the son of God but you make him another god.

Is that wise?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    What the murderers of Jesus thought and their reasons for killing Jesus are not relevant for us who know better.

The Jews knew of the Son through Ps 2 and Proverbs 30 and certainly Father and Son are shown to be closely united in their work.

But the Son has never been his own father or part of Him.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 30 2010,14:30)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 31 2010,06:06)

LU,

JA said:

Paul was given the answer to the ultimate riddle. Israel is God's chosen people. Because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the inheritence promised to His chosen people was ex
    tended to the Gentiles, meaning all foreigners, who Paul so aggressively embraced and taught.
    The deaths of the apostles and others in the early church provide a reference point for Christians today. Our faith may not be tested by such extreme means, yet we should be encouraged to spread the Gospel and draw others to Christ. Being a witness to others about your faith and the peace and joy found in loving Christ, may be the best gift you ever give a relative, friend, or stranger.

Need I say more??

NASU

We celebrate the resurrection on this Sunday as a body of Christ.  I certainly hope you can now join the disciples and apostles and give Christ the worship He deserves.  Rejoice with your whole heart that Jesus Christ has risen.  Call Him your MIGHTY GOD to the glory of the Father.

LU

again you do not understand that christ came to make his father known to Israel,and to fullfil Gods will,not to be worship,

his aposteles did not died for Christ but for the truth of his father that he has made known to them;
    Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
    Jn 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
    Jn 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
    Jn 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    Jn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
    Jn 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks

there are many more but you need clear understanding in Gods way not your personal views

terraricca,
    The truth they died for was that Jesus was the Righteous One and the fact of the resurrection.

You are right, He didn't come to receive worship…consider it must be a bonus from the anxious bride of Christ :)

So, you wouldn't die for Him?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 30 2010,17:24)
    Hi LU,

Is that wise?

Hi Nick,

Wise? Yes! Best decision I could ever make!

The people that were shouting “crucify Him, crucify Him” considered themselves sons of God. Why weren't they crucified for blasphemy if Jesus wasn't claiming that He was the literal Son of God and therefore God by nature?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 30 2010,15:52)
    LU,

You only read the parts you want to read from my post.

Patchwork reading, a Collage, a Mosaic… Try reading the whole post 'in context, as written and with Holy Spurited comprehension'

It is to God, who gave us life, to whom we should offer it back.

Terra, Nick are right in their post. They are not simply stating their own views and supporting mine, they are also stating reality.

LU, we are trying to help you, not cause a dispute.

Your desire to worship Jesus is unscriptural. It is something you have brought about from your own misinterpretations of the scriptures.

You Want To Say 'Oh, weren't you a good boy, Jesus. You should be worshipped like your Father, look what you did even unto your own death.'

LU, do you know how that sounds?

A jealous mother? A tempter, like Satan… Beware!

Well, I appreciate your concern and of course you have mine. I choose to follow the disciples and apostles even to the death. Complete devotion to the Father and the Son is my desire…worshiping THEM as one Godhead together with the Holy Spirit.

satan loses this one.

terraricca
    Participant

LU

terraricca,
    The truth they died for was that Jesus was the Righteous One and the fact of the resurrection.

You are right, He didn't come to receive worship…consider it must be a bonus from the anxious bride of Christ

So, you wouldn't die for Him?

yes i will died for the sake of his name ,because he represent the father to us ,he is the visible god like moses was to Aaron his brother.
    and he is the true shepherd ,he is the only one who as the words of live,he is the only one who has received full approval of his God the father,and in him was and is the truth of righteousness and live.
    and he is also the means by wich God has given us the hope and promess for evelasting live.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU, Can you be completly devoted to two persons?

You say you choose to follow the disciples and Apostles, and that is certainly admirable.

But shouldn't you be following Christ, Jesus Christ who set the example of how we can come to truly know His God and Father and so we also can become Sons of God and He, God, become our Father… and we becomes Brothers with Christ Jesus.

Are we then to Worship our Brothers?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 31 2010,14:49)

Hi LU,

Is that wise?

Hi Nick,

Wise?  Yes!  Best decision I could ever make!

The people that were shouting “crucify Him, crucify Him” considered themselves sons of God.  Why weren't they crucified for blasphemy if Jesus wasn't claiming that He was the literal Son of God and therefore God by nature?

Hi LU,
    Son of God does not mean GOD BY NATURE.
    The Jews and angels are called sons of God and even gods.
    Do we work out WHOM to worship by logic and inference or obey?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

What are you on…whatever you are taking, please stop!

How do you say that the ones crucifying Jesus considered themselves Sons of God? Where do you read that?

When Jesus said He was the Son of God they wanted to stone Him because, to them, it meant (incorrectly) He was [a God]!!
    Jesus corrected them by quoting Scripture:'if He(God) called them (man) gods…what is wrong if I say that I am the Son of God?'

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 31 2010,00:53)
    LU,

What are you on…whatever you are taking, please stop!

How do you say that the ones crucifying Jesus considered themselves Sons of God? Where do you read that?

When Jesus said He was the Son of God they wanted to stone Him because, to them, it meant (incorrectly) He was [a God]!!
    Jesus corrected them by quoting Scripture:'if He(God) called them (man) gods…what is wrong if I say that I am the Son of God?'

JA,
    Read and learn:

John 8:41-45
    41 “You are doing the deeds of your father.”They said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God.”
    42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.
    43 “Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.
    44 “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
    45 “But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.
    NASU

Do you ever apologize?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 31 2010,00:05)
    LU, Can you be completly devoted to two persons?

You say you choose to follow the disciples and Apostles, and that is certainly admirable.

But shouldn't you be following Christ, Jesus Christ who set the example of how we can come to truly know His God and Father and so we also can become Sons of God and He, God, become our Father… and we becomes Brothers with Christ Jesus.

Are we then to Worship our Brothers?

Yes, you can be completely devoted to both the Father and the Son. Are you struggling with this?

Why couldn't you be completely devoted to the Son? Can you give any reason?

You wrote:

You don't think they all go the same direction? One thing that the disciples and apostles did that Jesus didn't do is die for who someone else was. Jesus was put to death for claiming who He was.

Therefore in the context of me dying out of devotion to another, I follow the apostles and disciples.

Get it?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2010,00:22)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 31 2010,14:49)

Hi LU,

Is that wise?

Hi Nick,

Wise?  Yes!  Best decision I could ever make!

The people that were shouting “crucify Him, crucify Him” considered themselves sons of God.  Why weren't they crucified for blasphemy if Jesus wasn't claiming that He was the literal Son of God and therefore God by nature?

Hi LU,
    Son of God does not mean GOD BY NATURE.
    The Jews and angels are called sons of God and even gods.
    Do we work out WHOM to worship by logic and inference or obey?

Nick,

We worship our deity.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account