The only god who is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 665 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,14:37)
    LU,

I think you are snatching at the wind.

“Mighty God” is just a metaphorical Title – anyone can be called a “Mighty God”.

Please note that the wording “MIGHTY” GOD.

Please read it to yourself several times – “MIGHTY GOD2, “MIGHTY GOD”.  Why does it say “MIGHTY” God, toy should ask yourslef – Is there any other kind of God.

Well, YES, There is “ALMIGHTY GOD” – the ONE TRUE GOD.

I do computer programming and there are many “MIGHTY GODS” in those circles – Wizards and GURUs, even (I am not one though)… they are all Titles for those who EXCEL GREATLY over their peer level brothers.

But NONE of them think they are GOD ALMIGHTY (Heaven forbid…!)

JA,
    Has the world been made by any of those “Mighty Gods” that you know there?

See, I think if everything in heaven and earth was created by someone, the title “Mighty God” would be more than a “metaphorical title.”

This is not some funny comic character we are discussing.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Can you tell me how you worship Jesus?

I think I don't understand what you mean by WORSHIP.

Maybe this is the sticking point amongst us all – What is Worship and how is it performed?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,
    “Mighty God”. The Title “Mighty God” can apply to ANYONE who is OUTSTANDING in their field of Work or other activity.

Please do not over estimate the word “G” “O” “D”, it is a Title – Like “Mister”, “Mistress”, “Sir”, “Lord”, “Majesty”, “King”, “Teacher”, “Man[kind]”, etc.

When the word “GOD”, by itself, is applied in Scripture, it is directly related to the “ONE GOD”, the “True GOD”, the “God [known to] Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob”, Jesus' Father (and His GOD”), to Our Heavenly Father and God.

Place any words before or after the TITLE and you have to look at the context.

Satan is now the “Mighty God” of the earth. Jesus said to the Jews who though he was claiming to be God Almighty: “Is it not written in the Laws that God said to man: “For Ye are Gods” Then if he calls Man God then what of it if I say I am the Son of God”.
    So, if the Jews thought he was saying He was God and Jesus throws scriptures at them disputing their claim (for wanting to stone Him) what conclusion should we draw to wanting to “Worship Him”

What would Jesus answer “Get thee away from me, Satan. It is written 'Though shalt worship the Lord thy God and only to Him do Sacred Service'”

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,15:09)
    LU,

Can you tell me how you worship Jesus?

I think I don't understand what you mean by WORSHIP.

Maybe this is the sticking point amongst us all – What is Worship and how is it performed?

JA,
    Suffice it to say that I believe what is being given to the Lamb in Chapter 5 of Revelation is worship. Google “Revelations 5” and read several of the sites and see if they don't generally agree.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

This is also why the verse saying “Your Throne, O God…” as applied to Jesus is a stumbling block held up by Triniatarians who snatch anything to try and try and claim Jesus is God even when the context is w-a-y out of kilter with their preceived meaning.

It is impossible that “O God” coud ever mean “O Mighty one”, yet it is a perfectly acceptable interpretation

Have you never said something like “Oh God, What have you done”

Jesus was GIVEN Godlike attributes by GOD, his Father, Our Father. Are you saying that because He possesed “Godlike Qualities” that makes him God?

What then when those saved of Mankind also obtain the sure mercies of God and dwell in the heavens as priests in the tmple of God and Christ – Will they also be God and be Worship by you?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Don't ask me to google anything.

tell me what YOU think.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Suffice it to say – YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT WORSHIP IS………….!!!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,15:29)
    LU,
    “Mighty God”. The Title “Mighty God” can apply to ANYONE who is OUTSTANDING in their field of Work or other activity.

Please do not over estimate the word “G” “O” “D”, it is a Title – Like “Mister”, “Mistress”, “Sir”, “Lord”, “Majesty”, “King”, “Teacher”, “Man[kind]”, etc.

When the word “GOD”, by itself, is applied in Scripture, it is directly related to the “ONE GOD”, the “True GOD”, the “God [known to] Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob”, Jesus' Father (and His GOD”), to Our Heavenly Father and God.

Place any words before or after the TITLE and you have to look at the context.

Satan is now the “Mighty God” of the earth. Jesus said to the Jews who though he was claiming to be God Almighty: “Is it not written in the Laws that God said to man: “For Ye are Gods” Then if he calls Man God then what of it if I say I am the Son of God”.
    So, if the Jews thought he was saying He was God and Jesus throws scriptures at them disputing their claim (for wanting to stone Him) what conclusion should we draw to wanting to “Worship Him”

What would Jesus answer “Get thee away from me, Satan. It is written 'Though shalt worship the Lord thy God and only to Him do Sacred Service'”

JA,
    Maybe the difference between us is that you see Jesus as nothing more than a holy man, no pre-existence, didn't really create the world or bring the Israelites out of Egypt, etc. and I do see Him as having taken part in those activities.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The Spirit did[Ps104.30]
    The Lord is the Spirit

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,15:41)
    LU,

Suffice it to say – YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT WORSHIP IS………….!!!

JA,
    Your yelling…

Are you afraid to search out what others think if you google it? It really might humble you so maybe that is a threat?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Not at all, I google all the time. But I don't ask others to do it to try an prove a point that I am making.

I present the material as a composite of my own thought.

I want to hear what YOU think – What you Do as a means of Prayer – what others do is not of importants.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,15:39)
    LU,

This is also why the verse saying “Your Throne, O God…” as applied to Jesus is a stumbling block held up by Triniatarians who snatch anything to try and try and claim Jesus is God even when the context is w-a-y out of kilter with their preceived meaning.

It is impossible that “O God” coud ever mean “O Mighty one”, yet it is a perfectly acceptable interpretation

Have you never said something like “Oh God, What have you done”

Jesus was GIVEN Godlike attributes by GOD, his Father, Our Father. Are you saying that because He possesed “Godlike Qualities” that makes him God?

What then when those saved of Mankind also obtain the sure mercies of God and dwell in the heavens as priests in the tmple of God and Christ – Will they also be God and be Worship by you?

JA,
    There is a difference between the Most High God and the mighty God, as the actual, literal Son of God but they are both God by nature and they are the only ones that always were or will be God by nature. The NT distinguishes the two as God and Lord. The Most High is God and the Son is the Lord…both God by nature and both united to be our one God as in Godhead and were worshiped as one in the OT as the Lord God and His Outstretched Arm.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Was he God by his own nature?
    Is it written anywhere in the Word?
    The Lord Jesus Christ serves his God

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Wasn't Jesus DEAD at one time – for three days?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Doesn't Jesus describe himself in Revelation as “He who dead and is now alive”. How is He God of any sort if He died – A God cannot Die – That is impossible – Then he could not have existed from “Eternity to Eternity”

…And if he didn't “Reallly” die then the Salvation has not been fulfilled and we are still in original sin.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,15:53)
    LU,

Not at all, I google all the time. But I don't ask others to do it to try an prove a point that I am making.

I present the material as a composite of my own thought.

I want to hear what YOU think – What you Do as a means of Prayer – what others do is not of importants.

JA,
    I have already told you what I do…go back and read. I have already given you my own thoughts on the matter.
    Now, is that which is being done to the Lamb in Rev. 5 worship or not, in your opinion? And while you are at it, tell me why the Lamb isn't being described as bowing down to His God in the book of Revelations.

You mentioned the temple previously…you might want to learn that God and the Lamb are both the temple in Revelations towards the end.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Mar. 29 2010,15:58)
    LU,

Doesn't Jesus describe himself in Revelation as “He who dead and is now alive”. How is He God of any sort if He died – A God cannot Die – That is impossible – Then he could not have existed from “Eternity to Eternity”

…And if he didn't “Reallly” die then the Salvation has not been fulfilled and we are still in original sin.

JA,
    The Most High God cannot die, otherwise creation would probably fall apart. The Son of God as God is another matter…no one can take His life from Him but He can willingly lay it down. He came in the flesh, walked perfectly under the law and laid down His life and died to fulfill a covenant between He and His Father. His life was not taken from Him…He was in control all the time.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

By the way the Scriptures say:

2 Kings 17:36 “But the Lord, who took you out of the land of Egypt with his great power and his outstretched arm”

So there are three that are “Worshipped”: “God”, “God's Great Power” and “God's Outstretched Arm”

And again

“The Lord brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm

His Mighty Hand AND his Outstretched Arm.

So now you might as well turn into a trinitarian because here is proof of Three being worshipped.
    Who is his “Mighty Hand” and who is his “Outstretched Arm” – A Hand is not an Arm – An Arm is not a Hand?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2010,15:55)
    Hi LU,
    Was he God by his own nature?
    Is it written anywhere in the Word?
    The Lord Jesus Christ serves his God

Nick,
    Yes. Scripture doesn't seem to matter to you or I would show you and I am sure I have in the past.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus went about doing good BECAUSE he was anointed by God's Spirit.[Acts 10.38]
    But you think he was another god?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 665 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account