The one god of the hebrew scriptures!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

The “One God” of the Hebrew Scriptures!

In my preceding article, titled “Was The Christ God Jehovah” the Christian Greek Scriptures showed the Christ to be the Son of God and I supplied many witnesses to back that up as the truth of the Bible in that article. That is a scriptural fact and cannot be logically argued.

With this writing I will show that the Hebrew writings are in full harmony with what the first Century Christians said about the person of Jehovah God. None of those witnesses claimed that the Christ was Jehovah God, but clearly stated he was the Son of God. That also cannot be sensibly argued!

Something else that cannot be argued is what Jehovah has said about himself in the Hebrew scriptures, although some have used the very same scriptures that I will now cite to support the Trinity doctrine; when they do nothing of the kind. To the contrary, they show that those who use them to do that are very skillfull scripture twisters, “to their own destruction”. 2Peter 3:16]

Before I go into the Hebrew writings I would like to focus attention on the fact that the Christ has always been with the Father in the heavenly realm. As yet though he was not known as Jesus Christ, as might be expected. The name he went under in those very early days is a subject for discussion at a later time.

Speaking about the Christ Paul tells us: “He is the image of the unseen God, the first born of all creation.” [NJB] [Colossians 1:15]

Then John in the Revelation account tells us about Jesus prior existence, in these words: “Here is the message of the Amen, the trustworthy, the true witness, the principle of God's creation.” [Revelation 3:14] [NJB]

Then the Prophet Micah in harmony with Paul and John, wrote, about the preexistence of the Christ, in these words: “But you [Bethlehem] Ephrathah, the least of the clans of Judah from you will come for me a future ruler of Israel whose origins go back to the distant past, to the days of old.” [Micah 5: 1,2] [NJB]

The Son of God, Jesus Christ sums all of this up nicely, with the following words: “Now, Father, glorify me with the glory I had with you before ever the World existed.” [John 17:5] [NJB] So, it is as the Prophet Micah said, Jesus was there in “the distant past, to the days of old.” Since Jesus was “the beginning of the creation by God,” The “firstborn of every creation” this can be accurately stated!

With these four scriptures in mind let us examine some of the Hebrew writings to see what Jehovah has had to say about himself and his lofty position as sovereign of the universe. Let us remember that Jesus was in existence, right there with him, when his Father had his ancient Prophets speak, and pen these following words:

“To whom then will you liken Me that I would be his equal?” “says the Holy One.” [ Isaiah 40:25] [NASB] Did anyone notice? It doesn't say, 'To whom will you liken us! It says Me! As in one alone! Then it says 'that I would be his equal.' In other words Jehovah has no equal. The Trinitarians will tell us that Jesus is “co-equal with his Father”, but not according to this scripture, he isn't!

“To whom would you liken Me and make me equal and compare Me, That we would be alike”? [Isaiah 46:5] [NASB] Now was the Trinity Doctrine to be true, and Jesus was the second part of a Triune God, then the answer would be, Jesus is equal to, and can be compared to Jehovah. The problem is the Trinity Doctrine is not true, but is a 'teaching of demons'; and not even Jesus would be equal to, or could be compared to Jehovah! He himself said, …”The Father is greater than I.” [John 14:28] [1 Timothy 4:1] [NJB] [Compare Isaiah 40:18] [NASB]

Now, pay close attention to the following scripture, where it says this: “I am the LORD and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God.” Keeping in mind that Jesus was right there with his Father when his Father moved his ancient Prophet to pen these words by his Holy Spirit; yet we are told 'Besides Me there is no God,' ' there is no other!” So Jesus could never have been the second part of a three headed triune God. Not according to those words!! [Isaiah 45:5,6; 18-22] [Exodus 8:10; 9:1] [Deuteronomy 4:39; 33:26] [1 Samuel 2:2] [NASB]

Once again, these following words are very enlightening: “Is there any God except Me? There is no rock; I know of none!” [Isaiah 44:8] Notice? It doesn't say: “Are there any God's like us”? Which it would do was the Trinity Doctrine to be true, and it doesn't say: “There are no rocks.” It says only: “There is no rock, as in one single one! Keep in mind again that when Jehovah made this statement through the mouth and pen of his Prophet, [the Bible writer] “There is no rock; I know not one.” his Son was with him in heaven, yet he still said: “I know not one.” His Son received no recognition as a two part God Triune in nature. No hint of a Trinity there in that scripture. None whatsoever!

In summary then all of this is simply stated in Deuteronomy 6:4 where it is written: “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.” Not three in one, just ONE! One single one! [NIV]

In the Christian Greek Scriptures we find the Apostle Paul in full harmony with everything written here, for he stated: “Therefore concerning the things sacrificed to idols, we know there is no such thing as an Idol in the World, and that there is no God BUT ONE.” [1Corinthians 8:4] [NASB]

From all of this we can see that Jehovah is the “One God” of the Hebrew Scriptures! There is NO OTHER! No three headed Triune God at all!!

It should be noted now that I have used the spoken words of Jehovah God that have told us that he is “one God”, and “besides him there is no God.” Look now at what Jehovah has spoken about anything he has to tell us: “For as the rain and the snow come down from the sky and do not return before having watered the earth, fertilizing it and making it germinate to provide seed to the sower and food to eat, so it is with the word that goes from my mouth; it will not return to me unfullfilled or before having carried out my good pleasure and having achieved what it was sent to do.” So, when Jehovah tells us something, that's the way it is! We don't question what he says, or argue over it. It will be as Jehovah says it will be, so we accept everything he tells us without doubting at all. He has told us: “Is there any rock except Me? There is no rock, I know of none.” We can take those words to the Bank! He has told us there is only one God, not three in one, or one in three, just One!

In conclusion then: I read an article written by an advocate of the Trinity Doctrine. After coming out strongly in defense of that teaching. he made the following comment about these scriptures I used in the Prophecy of Isaiah: He said, and I quote, “There is no question that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are three separate, complete and individual persons with their own individual unique identities. So why does God the Father keep stating that there is only one God in scripture? This is one of the mysteries of the Trinity that many people have a hard time with.” The Apostle Paul pointed out what was wrong with this type, in the following words:
    8Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;
    9that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
    10and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
    11For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,
    12in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. [2 Thessalonians 2:8-12] [NASB

If the Trinitarians wish to clear up
    this “Mystery” let them recognize this Trinity Doctrine for what it is. It is spiritual poison because it misrepresents the power and position of Jehovah God, and it misrepresents the power and position of the Christ. Let them accept “the love of the truth” as spoken by Jehovah God, and shun that teaching for the poison that it is. That just may bring them out from under this deluding inflence, so they will no longer believe in the lie; which the Trinity doctrine is! The “one God” of the Hebrew scriptures has shown that to be so!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account