The Nature of Faith

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 394 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You work hard to misconstrue.
    Why would disparate men get together to produce a beautiful composite story?
    Who led this conspiracy and to what end would they have done so?
    To die?

Towshab
    Participant

Could the same not be said of the Koran, or any other religious book?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So it is a beautiful composite story written by uneducated men-apart from Luke.
    It is as fresh and meaningful today as when it was written.
    If you stop looking for fault you will see harmony.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,04:56)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 13 2008,11:22)
    1Jo 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
    1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
    1Jo 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
    1Jo 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
    1Jo 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

Oh no, 67% of the earth are antichrists and liars!

Probably way more than that and GROWING after all this is the end time. Out of all who say they are Christians they are but a few.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Paul was a man of some intelligence but he boasted on his weakness knowing that what was within him was his strength and not his natural mind. He was a man well versed in the scriptures having studied with Gamaliel but he regarded his expertise as rubbish in light of knowing Christ. Thus he annoys the clever.

Towshab
    Participant

Paul says he studied under Gamaliel but what proof is that? I could say I studied under a certain teacher of today and it may mean little more than I read some of their writings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Do you have any basis for testing truth?

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,06:11)

No.

John 17:15-17

15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

The Fulfillment of the Law

Matthew 5:17-19

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

:)

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 13 2008,15:33)
    Hi tow,

Many. But we are speaking of the GT. If the GT conflicts with Tanakh, it is false. If Tanakh is not true, GT is not true. Tanakh can be true without GT being true, vice versa is not possible.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 13 2008,15:51)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,06:11)

No.

John 17:15-17

15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

The Fulfillment of the Law

Matthew 5:17-19

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

:)

What proof do you have, Chap, that Koran is not the word of G-d?

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:12)

All you ever want is proof. Not that proof is a bad thing but sometimes you have to take things on faith. I base my faith on God's word. To me it is truthful and I have shown you truth – Scripture – to back it up.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 13 2008,17:19)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:12)

All you ever want is proof. Not that proof is a bad thing but sometimes you have to take things on faith. I base my faith on God's word. To me it is truthful and I have shown you truth – Scripture – to back it up.

Back what up?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:11)

Hi tow,

Many. But we are speaking of the GT. If the GT conflicts with Tanakh, it is false. If Tanakh is not true, GT is not true. Tanakh can be true without GT being true, vice versa is not possible.

Hi Tow,
    Both are true.
    But you believe neither.
    So what is your basis for truth?

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:39)
    Back what up?

That faith in God and His word is truthful. That the Bible is the true, irrefutable word of God.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 13 2008,17:49)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:11)

Hi tow,

Hi Tow,
    Both are true.
    But you believe neither.
    So what is your basis for truth?

G-d. Creation testifies of Him. Can you deny that?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 13 2008,17:55)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:39)
    Back what up?

That faith in God and His word is truthful. That the Bible is the true, irrefutable word of God.

How does listing GT verses prove that it is true? Could I not list passages from a harry Potter book to do the same?

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:58)
    Could I not list passages from a harry Potter book to do the same?

No you could not because harry potter is fantasy. Not even in the same league as The Bible. The Bible is truth.

Psalm 119:43

And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, For I wait for Thine ordinances.

Psalm 119:142

Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Thy law is truth.

Psalm119:151

Thou art near, O LORD, And all Thy commandments are truth.

Psalm 119:160

The sum of Thy word is truth, And every one of Thy righteous ordinances is everlasting. Psalm 119:160

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 13 2008,18:02)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,10:58)
    Could I not list passages from a harry Potter book to do the same?

No you could not because harry potter is fantasy. Not even in the same league as The Bible. The Bible is truth.

Psalm 119:43

And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, For I wait for Thine ordinances.

Psalm 119:142

Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Thy law is truth.

Psalm119:151

Thou art near, O LORD, And all Thy commandments are truth.

Psalm 119:160

The sum of Thy word is truth, And every one of Thy righteous ordinances is everlasting. Psalm 119:160

(1) None of these verses supports the GT being true (2) none of these verses say that the bible is all truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So why not at least believe in the OT?

acertainchap
    Participant

Psalm 19:7-10

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.
    The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
    The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
    The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
    The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
    The ordinances of the Lord are sure, and altogether righteous.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 394 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account