The Nature of Faith

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 394 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Many people claim Christ and kill in his name but he does not know them.
    Read your bible in faith.
    Stop hating it.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2008,18:30)
    Hi tow,
    Many people claim Christ and kill in his name but he does not know them.

Now we are getting to the crux. Are you saying that those who massacred in the name of YHVH were known (in a personal way) by Him? Or is it you accept it because it is in the book that you worship?

Read your bible in faith.
    Stop hating it.

I don't hate the bible, but unlike you, it is not my idol. Even your avatar looks like you are praying to a bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    God worked in His wondrous ways with the Israelites.
    Now His Son makes peace with men.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,07:01)
    Hi tow,
    You will see these thing happen if you are welcomed into the millenial kingdom of Jesus Christ.
    The lion will lie down with the lamb and the infant will play in the asp's lair.
    But you will need to repent and be born again.

That's your answer to the astonishing technological achievements from which you benefit, including giving you the ability to carry our your evangelical requirement from home? Such huge advances have revolutionised our lives and our once stilted beliefs yet all you can respond with is appeals to magic and insults to the human integrity of having been born right the first time?

What was that about pearls and swine…

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stu,
    No Mr Potter is the magic one.
    You have such faith in the “glorious achievements” of men.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,14:09)
    Hi stu,
    No Mr Potter is the magic one.
    You have such faith in the “glorious achievements” of men.

You still equivocate. Are you in the same category of those who use a computer containing technology that was concieved, researched, designed and manufactured with near-genius skill and precision by scientists and engineers, then give the credit and thanks to god? Do you take for granted a television with no concept at all of how it works, but acknowledge the 'creator' for the chance to watch Benny Hinn on TBN? (Ugh, actually I withdraw that last allegation as tasteless!)

This is the anti-human side of christianity that the world should not miss were it to disappear. Without an enlightenment and its wholesale reduction of the power of christianity, we would still be pretty much in the 18th century, and dying of illnesses that are now preventable or curable.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stu,
    Should we worship at the shrine of technological man?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,14:22)
    Hi stu,
    Should we worship at the shrine of technological man?

I think you should not worship at all. Why is that feeble exercise necessary?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stu,
    Godlessness is an evil.
    God is one.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,14:41)
    Hi stu,
    Godlessness is an evil.
    God is one.

Bot bot bot. Any original thoughts on those who selfishly use technology without appreciating that it took some effort and actual human endeavour to achieve it or does the church of Nick just take?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Where is the altar?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu The Bible says that knowledge will increase at the end times. Do you see what has happened the last 100 years? Prophecy is coming true. The Bible fortold it. So I don't think that you have a leg to stand on when you deny the Bible. It is the word of God. Period.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,20:14)
    Hi Stu,
    Where is the altar?

I didn't say anything about worshipping, except it is a poor idea. Why don't you look in your holy book to find where to kneel down to Bill Gates. I don't think he would be very impressed.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Jan. 08 2008,20:27)
    Stu  The Bible says that knowledge will increase at the end times. Do you see what has happened the last 100 years? Prophecy is coming true. The Bible fortold it. So I don't think that you have a leg to stand on when you deny the Bible. It is the word of God. Period.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Go on, Mrs.Im4Truth. Tell me what has happened in the last 100 years that points to the happy day of your fantasy story of the rapture.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    To fully accept that you are a nothing compared with the Designer and Creator is a big jump I suppose.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,20:37)
    Hi Stu,
    To fully accept that you are a nothing compared with the Designer and Creator is a big jump I suppose.

I wouldn't know. Did it seem that way for you? How do you know unless you know the mind of the creator?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Well we are offered such insights in Christ.
    1Cor 2
    3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Ever looked down from a plane and seen just how ridiculously small vain men are?
    On an earth that is one of God's smaller creations?

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick

Well we are offered such insights in Christ.

Yes, but you must have independent knowledge to verify that the scripture you read is actually inspired. I rather suspect you have been told that and believe it without ever having questioned it, but have you actually had experience of the mind of god independent of scripture? You must have, to know it is 'true'.

Ever looked down from a plane and seen just how ridiculously small vain men are?

Are vain men smaller than other men?

On an earth that is one of God's smaller creations?

There are other Earths? Bigger ones? Do they have McDonalds and satellite TV and parasites that eat out the inside of living caterpillars too?

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

I'll bet if you saw Jesus from a plane he'd look about the same size as vain men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Perhaps smaller.
    But he has humbled himself and partaken of our estate.
    He has won the victory over the prince of darkness and wants us to enjoy with him the benefits.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 394 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account