The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

LU
    you believe Christ in unity with the father we too i believe that and his disciples believe in Christ wen he say they will be one with him and the father ,and united with the father ,and as well all the ones who would come after them who believed would as well be united with Christ just as he is with is father.

so there is nothing wrong here ,in time we will all (believers) united with God and Christ and be one.
    one spirit that is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus did not come to preach himself as our God.
    If we become one with him we do not worship ourselves.

Lightenup
    Participant

That is right Nick and Terraricca,
    We will be one with them but we won't be on the throne like they are and we won't be called by anyone “my Lord and my God” like the Father and the Son are referred to.

John 20:28-29
    28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
    NASU

terraricca
    Participant

LU
    Heb 5:5 So Christ also did not take upon himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,
    “You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father.’”
    Heb 5:6 And he says in another place,
    “You are a priest forever,
    in the order of Melchizedek

now the scriptures say that Christ is a priest ,not a God, a priest render office to his God how could a priest become God ,this would be mutiny,

see LU,you have only Thomas word ;I give you the word of God himself

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    As Jesus taught in his private tutorial with Thomas and others in Jn 14, when they saw him they saw God in him as well.

' My Lord AND my God.'

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2010,15:43)
    Hi LU,
    Jesus did not come to preach himself as our God.
    If we become one with him we do not worship ourselves.

Nick,
    That is true…He did not exalt Himself.  True humility, but He did know who He was and He received recognition when He was given it.  I don't know if we can truly comprehend the humility of Christ.  The fact that it was not His mission to exalt Himself, but to exalt the Father, even though He is our Lord and our God proved so much character.  What an example of greatness with humbleness.  We know that His Father is even greater than Him and that the Son is our Lord and our God, so that makes the Father the Most High Lord and God.

Jesus doesn't worship Himself, of course not.  His head is the Father.  Our head is the Son and the Father.

A side note here, do you get much satisfaction when you receive respect after you teach others that they should respect you?  Isn't it better just to get respect without asking for it?  Don't ya just love plain old honest, heartfelt respect that comes from someone you didn't tell to respect you and who isn't trying to manipulate you.  Respect without being obligated to respect…and without trying to gain anything from you?

JustAskin
    Participant

To all,

Concerning the claim that Thomas called Jesus God and Jesus 'blessed him' for it.

What did Jesus say to Thomas and why?

Thomas did not believe that Jesus had been raised from the dead and was seen by the other disciples.

Jesus appeared to him and proved his physical self to Thomas.

Thomas is astonished and cries out 'My Lord and my God!'

This should be an amazing exultation. Noone else has called Jesus 'God' before directly.

What does Jesus say to tnis amazing exposure of his 'divine and singularly unique nature…after telling Mary some days earlier 'I am ascending to My Father, and your Father and My God and you God')?

Jesus responds, not by stating that Thomas has rightly identified him, Jesus, as God Himself, but interestingly, simply that ONLY because Thomas has seen Jesus in the flesh did he believe, but many who did not see him but yet believe. It is these who will be blessed!

So, far from 'blessing' Thomas, he admonishes him for his disbelief, or belief only on the production of Evidence….Something for all of us to be wary of in our discourse.

Who was it who claimed that Jesus 'blessed' Thomas in that verse (John 20:29)?

Do you see Thomas being 'blessed' by Jesus?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 14 2010,15:52)
    LU
    Heb 5:5 So Christ also did not take upon himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,
    “You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father.’”
    Heb 5:6 And he says in another place,
    “You are a priest forever,
    in the order of Melchizedek

now the scriptures say that Christ is a priest ,not a God, a priest render office to his God how could a priest become God ,this would be mutiny,

see LU,you have only Thomas word ;I give you the word of God himself

Terraricca,

I offer you God's word:

Hebrews 1:8

NET ©
    but of 1 the Son he says, 2 “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, 3 and a righteous scepter 4 is the scepter of your kingdom.

NIV ©
    But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the sceptre of your kingdom.

NASB ©
    But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

NLT ©
    But to his Son he says, “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. Your royal power is expressed in righteousness.

MSG ©
    But he says to the Son, You're God, and on the throne for good; your rule makes everything right.

BBE ©
    But of the Son he says, Your seat of power, O God, is for ever and ever; and the rod of your kingdom is a rod of righteousness.

NRSV ©
    But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.

NKJV ©
    But to the Son He says : “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.

So now you have Thomas's word said right in front of Jesus which Jesus confirmed by His statement that followed Thomas's declaration.

And you have the multiple times when Jesus was worshipped by those who knew Him best.

Perhaps it is time to surrender your understanding and let God pierce through your mind with truth on the matter.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    We have one God.
    Is the vine more similar to the branch or the Gardener?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 14 2010,16:10)
    To all,

Concerning the claim that Thomas called Jesus God and Jesus 'blessed him' for it.

What did Jesus say to Thomas and why?

Thomas did not believe that Jesus had been raised from the dead and was seen by the other disciples.

Jesus appeared to him and proved his physical self to Thomas.

Thomas is astonished and cries out 'My Lord and my God!'

This should be an amazing exultation. Noone else has called Jesus 'God' before directly.

What does Jesus say to tnis amazing exposure of his 'divine and singularly unique nature…after telling Mary some days earlier 'I am ascending to My Father, and your Father and My God and you God')?

Jesus responds, not by stating that Thomas has rightly identified him, Jesus, as God Himself, but interestingly, simply that ONLY because Thomas has seen Jesus in the flesh did he believe, but many who did not see him but yet believe. It is these who will be blessed!

So, far from 'blessing' Thomas, he admonishes him for his disbelief, or belief only on the production of Evidence….Something for all of us to be wary of in our discourse.

Who was it who claimed that Jesus 'blessed' Thomas in that verse (John 20:29)?

Do you see Thomas being 'blessed' by Jesus?

JustAskin,

Don't miss the message that those who have not seen the physical proof believe that He is our Lord and our God and because of that, we are blessed.  Some of us believe that anyway…the rest demand more and more proof.  You have to answer for that someday, imo, and in the meantime, you might have to deal with confusion.  Truth sets us free and allows us to worship in spirit and truth.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

I don't get you. Are you saying that after all that has been said and proved, that you belive that Jesus is God, God Almighty, The Father, the Only Holy One?

Have you become the 'new Thomas'?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

What does Acts 3:26 say: 'To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent him to bless you…'

Can a God be a Servant?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2010,16:18)
    Hi LU,
    We have one God.

Well, Nick, we have one Godhead but within that one Godhead we have the Father and the Son.

The Son can do nothing apart from the Father and we can do nothing apart from the Son.

John 15:5
    5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
    NASU

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 14 2010,16:21)
    LU,

I don't get you. Are you saying that after all that has been said and proved, that you belive that Jesus is God, God Almighty, The Father, the Only Holy One?

Have you become the 'new Thomas'?

JustAskin,

You are showing me something by this question…reading comprehension??? Take your time and go back and reread what I have written…slowly. Take the same process with God's word. Reading comprehension will help you get it, hopefully.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 14 2010,16:28)
    LU,

What does Acts 3:26 say: 'To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent him to bless you…'

Can a God be a Servant?

Yes.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

Can a God be a Servant?

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

May God forgive you, for you know not what you say!

Lightenup
    Participant

JustAskin,

I am thankful for God's forgiveness and I am also thankful that the Son that was from the beginning has humbled Himself and took on the form of a bondservant. Without that we would not have eternal life with the Father and the Son. The Son is so good to have become a servant for our sakes…it is too sad that you cannot seem to appreciate that. :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 15 2010,08:29)

Hi LU,
    We have one God.

Well, Nick, we have one Godhead but within that one Godhead we have the Father and the Son.

The Son can do nothing apart from the Father and we can do nothing apart from the Son.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
    NASU

Hi LU,
    Godhead??
    In which there are two gods??

We are unable to do anything except by the Spirit of Christ.
    So how does that make the vine another gardener?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2010,17:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 15 2010,08:29)

Hi LU,
    We have one God.

NASU

Hi LU,
    Godhead??
    In which there are two gods??

We are unable to do anything except by the Spirit of Christ.
    So how does that make the vine another gardener?

Nick,
    The Gardener is the Most High God, the Vine is God, as a Son of God, the branches are not God at all.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account