The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

JA
    description of thoughts is not the same as a thing .

like if someone is a liar, you could not imply that he is a truthfull person,of cause you can say well has he lie once or twice or more but the fact does not change i would still be a liar,

so if we stop dealing in ifs and maybes could be's who are not truths only posibilities;

so we should deal with things we know for sure and understand for sure,then it become simplier , now a hammer is a hammer not a piece of wood with steel or brass ect;

so wen God say no it imply no ,not maybe,not if,not posibility,
    so if we do not understand something from the word of God ,most people will say I think it means this or that, but is it that or this by God ???

so if there is doubt ,go back to the scriptures untill you got the answer.But do it the way God want you to do it.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 14 2010,06:48)
    LU

you right i did not specify the word LOVE,but i figure that people would understand if i say to worship God ;humbling yourself, applying  all the thing of God in your live,practice what is right in his eyes,working to help others in Gods will.
    this would imply our love for our God,don't you think??

terraricca,

Well, you would hope so. I think that many think they do your list but are like the Pharisees though…legalistic about following a to do list and think they do it with humility too.

terraricca
    Participant

LU

you right again,but this is why the scriptures say that God knows the spirit of men and the motives
    you can not lie to Got ,to men yes but never to God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 14 2010,01:21)
    IMO  you can worship in many ways.  Saying a prayer that  uses lots of words, IMO God our Father really does not want us to do.  He loves a contrite and humble Spirit , a Heart that is only for Him.  A wise man said once that if you Sing to God it's praying twice.  That is were my Love is.  Also the Psalms are great to use to worship.  There is a Scripture that tells us that if you believe in a false and man made doctrine that you worship in vain.  Math. 15:9.  I don't know how you feel about just thinking in Love to our Heavenly Father and Meditating, can be a good worship session.   I really don't use a formal prayer.  I speak to God like I would talk to you.  I tell Him first of all how grateful I am and thank Him for all the things He has done for us.  We here in  American and parts of Europe are so lucky to have so much.  Mostly the freedom that we have, we should thank God for that every day.  Then I go into asking for all the people that are sick and need His help.  It warms my Heart when I get so close to our Father in Heaven.  At times it feels like He is sitting right next to me.  It is a natural high that only God can give us.  That kind of Love is so great, and I wish with all of my Heart that all would experience that with me….I also like to just talk with other Brethren about God.  Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the mids of you.  That is so true…We did that so much when  we belonged to the W.W.Church of God.  Now my Husband and I do it, but not enough….
    With all my Love and Peace be with all of you, Irene

Hi Irene,
    I think that you have the singing thing covered here…you get the prize :) I was recently reading that singing helps us take what is in our left brain (written words) and connect it to our right brain. That way we use our whole mind. I think that too many of us here are stuck in the left hemisphere (logic and reasoning) and should exercise the right hemisphere to become more balanced. Perhaps we would have a break through then.

Love ya,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 14 2010,07:08)
    LU

you right again,but this is why the scriptures say that God knows the spirit of men and the motives
    you can not lie to Got ,to men yes but never to God.

terraricca,

Very true!

terraricca
    Participant

Lu
    i have been raised Catholic in Europe they were still believing being right handed is having the devil hand
    so i wen trough my first years as being beating up on my left hand until i could not use it any longer
    i was forced to use my right hand,i was not impressed

i had years of adjustment ahead of me,finally i struggle in my twenties were some how could start to use my right hand and master it, then i said to myself i am a lefty so i start to be left handed ,start to write ,and work and slowly it came all back in place i felt better no conflict in my brain,and ten i started my pro job ,and i find myself ambidex, all my suffering came to me as a blessing ,and it help me many times.

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,

I do not say that I 'Worship' because I'm not sure fully what it is or means in todays meaning of the word.

What I do know, though, is that singing and dancing are not part of Worship as this involves elements of 'self Glorification', how well one can sing, how well one can dance according to a given piece of music or tune. All these things are embodied in Praising, Glorifying and Honoring, which can be given to anyone in greater or lesser degree according to the accomplishment of the one to whom the adoration is targetted, e.g. An athlete who has fairly run and won the great race, a rescuer who has brought about the greatest rescue attempt, one who has achieved the highest position in their category and has been given the worthy prize.

Now Worship, should worship be attributed to any of the afforementioned achievers?

Worship, it seems to me, is a more intimate expression of Love towards 'the One', it is an act that should be more private than public exultation (Jesus even tells us to pray in private, not open, loud, with much gestures as the Jews do to gain the adoration and praise of their fellows as to how well they do it!)

Worship should be an act of dedicating, committing oneself to God Almighty, effectively offering back ones life (one's spirit in sacrifice) back to him so he will use you as he wishes and not as we Will.

A complete devotion to his word and guidance, looking to Him for all things at all times through His Spirit.

One Master, who is God Almighty (Jesus will become our brother, not our master, after he brings about reconcilling the kingdom and hands it back to his Father).

The life and Spirit that we will worship God with will be in the complete 'Truth' of His Majestic and Supreme rulership.

It was this latter issue on which Satan challenged God because Satan sought to also be Worshipped by mankind.

We do well to begin our 'Sacred devotion' to God and God alone now, albeit that we will fall away at times.

For this purpose we shoukd approach God Almighty, our Father, with a humble heart mind, soul ans Spirit, confess our sins in private and seek his guidance, direction, support, compassion and forgiveness.

How do we do this? In prayer through (not 'To') the medium of our great Saviour, we whom he may choose to make brothers to him, the Lord Jesus Christ.

One God, One Master, One Worship.

terraricca
    Participant

JA
    amen, it is so that we show our love to God ,we act as his children ,he is as a father to us.
    an all our thoughts are going his way ,from the heart.

JustAskin
    Participant

Terra,

Thanks for the Holy Spirited support.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Phariseeism is cold legalism is relation to the OT law and missing the loving spirit of the law that saved.
    To urge adherence to the teachings of Jesus ahead of the trsditions of men does not relate.

But judge if you must.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    John 20:28-29
    28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
    NASU

I think you have to be blind to say that Jesus is not receiving this. I think it is the “smoking gun.” The pronoun “him” is singular and obviously relates to Jesus. Jesus is standing right there and receives this which is being said of Him. He is teaching something…that those who believe in Him as their Lord and their God who have not seen the proof with their eyes are more blessed than those who have seen the proof with their eyes.

This is simple, and forthright and I would say, a clear test of blindness if you deny that this is what He is teaching.

John 20:28

NET ©
    Thomas replied to him, 1 “My Lord and my God!” 2

NIV ©
    Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

NASB ©
    Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

NLT ©
    “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

MSG ©
    Thomas said, “My Master! My God!”

BBE ©
    And Thomas said in answer, My Lord and my God!

NRSV ©
    Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

NKJV ©
    And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 14 2010,07:42)
    Lu
    i have been raised Catholic in Europe they were still believing being right handed is having the devil hand
    so i wen trough my first years as being beating up on my left hand until i could not use it any longer
    i was forced to use my right hand,i was not impressed

i had years of adjustment ahead of me,finally i struggle in my twenties were some how could start to use my right hand and master it, then i said to myself i am a lefty so i start to be left handed ,start to write ,and work and slowly it came all back in place i felt better no conflict in my brain,and ten i started my pro job ,and i find myself ambidex, all my suffering came to me  as a blessing ,and it help me many times.

Terraricca,

Thanks for sharing your story. I have never heard of such a thing about the devil's hand. Fear sure can bring about the weirdest things. Love casts out all fear. Use whatever hand you like :) That's my 2 cents.

I am happy to see that you have turned it into a blessing instead of a curse. Way to go!

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

LU
    God help us in many ways,it is to his glory ,amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Two gods then in your view?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God was in Christ Jesus.
    Thomas had had a personal teaching about it in Jn14

seekingtruth
    Participant

Nick,
    Kathi has not added to scripture, only repeated it, is your problem with scripture? There are many verses that say Jesus is God, however none that say He was, or is, equal to the Father. It was the Father who gave Him all authority and power and is the source, so if one worships the Son it only passes through to the Father. As my practice I worship the Father but have at times seen that worship center on what the Father has done through the Son. Scriptures never condemned those who worshiped at Jesus' feet.

My opinion – Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    For US there is one God, the Father..

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    One God who is the Father and He in unity with the one God who is the Son…not with equality but with unity. Thomas knew and someday you will too.

John 20:28-29
    28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
    NASU

Elizabeth
    Participant

Nick What about Hebrew 1:8 and John 1:1 are you going to deny these Scriptures? God is a title and many were called God, and even Satan is called God of this world.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You too can share that Spiritual unity but we would not worship you.
    Men worship greater beings because they do not understand but we should.
    We are able to become one with our captain, Lord Jesus, and like him not become our God.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account