The most high god

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 964 total)
  • Author

I personally don't believe that Proverbs is speaking of Jesus as being “wisdom”. For instance Wisdom is spoken of as a “SHE”.

“Wisdom has built HER house, SHE has prepared HER food, SHE has mixed her wine; SHE has sent out her maidens, SHE calls”……” Proverbs 9:1-3

terraricca
    Participant

hi DFNM

do you know that in revelation the organisation around God is presented as a women.

I am wondering if anyone here on this forum has ever noticed that there is absolutely nothing (no Scriptures) in the Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures) which would imply that the “anointed”, or “Savior” (Christ) would be coming from heaven, or would be an angel which would be sent as our Savior? I am wondering why that is? Has anyone else wondered about this?

( I've went through all of the prophecies concerning Christ, but find that in the Hebrew Scriptures, he only comes thorough “the seed of David” (or Jacob.) And even after his death and resurrection he is still spoken of as A MAN. (Not a spirit or angel)

Has anyone else done a study on this?

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2010,05:56)
    hi DFNM

do you know that in revelation the organisation around God is presented as a women.

Jehovah speaks of Israel as being His WIFE.

But as a nation, the majority of Israel had been unfaithful to God (not all, there has always been “a remnant” of the faithful) so the Judeans  in history ,who retained their unfaithfulness, and those in Jesus' day who refused to accept Christ and clung to the old Law, are considered the “unfaithful city”.  They are still 'in bondage” (slavery) and are not born of the “free woman”.  They are likened to being sons of HAGGAR (Mt Sinai) the servant girl who was a slave.

“But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.”  New Jerusalem = Mt ZION; (God 's mountain; “God's house”)

But all of God's faithful SERVANTS (in times past and now) are building blocks of the New Jerusalem, and the “city” of God is still growing through the good news gospel even to this day.

See Galations 4:21-31 …. Gal. 5:1-5 ….. Gal. 4:4-11 … Gal 5:14

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 16 2010,05:40)
    Hi ya'll,
    In my opinion, the term “God/god” does not automatically imply self-existent but the term “Most High God” would.  What do other's think?

Interested in your thoughts,
    Kathi

Hello Kathi, I highly agree with you. :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 08 2010,08:27)
    LU,

I don't think you know what you are saying when you say that you WORSHIP God and his Son.

I think you mean that you Praise, Glorify and Honor him in your singing, your prayers and your thoughts.

If this is the case then all is good and you are Spirit filled.

Please can you tell me HOW you perform your WORSHIP.

Can you write a descriptive example, please.

Hi JustAskin,

I think you mean that you Praise, Glorify and Honor him in your singing, your prayers and your thoughts.

My desire is to worship by:
    Praising the Father and the Son
    Glorifying the Father and the Son
    Honoring the Father and the Son

as my Godhead

through my singing,
    my prayers,
    my thoughts,
    my service,
    my posts,
    my relationships,
    my words, etc.

These songs might help reveal my heart to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhUnfHoMrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3iB30gCqAc&feature=related

Warning this is graphic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W-KDlQPpuo

This song is part of our future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1WYO7L-IiY&feature=related

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    A godhead??
    A binity godhead?

We are told true worshipers worship God in spirit and truth by Jesus [Jn4]
    We are to offer a sacrifice of praise to God in our temples helped by his Spirit.[Rom8, 1 peter2.5]

But folks make up their own ways

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

to your faithful people you said:
    “I have bestowed strength on a warrior;
    I have exalted a young man from among the people.
    Ps 89:20 I have found David my servant;
    with my sacred oil I have anointed him.
    Ps 89:21 My hand will sustain him;
    surely my arm will strengthen him.
    Ps 89:22 No enemy will subject him to tribute;
    no wicked man will oppress him.
    Ps 89:23 I will crush his foes before him
    and strike down his adversaries.
    Ps 89:24 My faithful love will be with him,
    and through my name his horn will be exalted.
    Ps 89:25 I will set his hand over the sea,
    his right hand over the rivers.
    Ps 89:26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father,
    my God, the Rock my Savior.’
    Ps 89:27 I will also appoint him my firstborn,
    the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
    Ps 89:28 I will maintain my love to him forever,
    and my covenant with him will never fail.
    Ps 89:29 I will establish his line forever,
    his throne as long as the heavens endure

this is Christ .

terraricca
    Participant

Hi dancing

yes there is but you find it ,that God said he take off his right arm to save men,this means Christ.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Dancingforyounomore @ Feb. 08 2010,13:45)
    I personally don't believe that Proverbs is speaking of Jesus as being “wisdom”.   For instance Wisdom is spoken of as a “SHE”.

“Wisdom has built HER  house, SHE has prepared HER food, SHE has mixed her wine; SHE has sent out her maidens, SHE calls”……”   Proverbs 9:1-3

Hi Dancingfynm,
    Learn about hebrew pronouns and genders in impersonal objects/attributes. Read this:

In the Hebrew Bible (and in translations to languages with a she/he dichotomy) God is referred to as “he”. God might be a 'He' in the Bible but non-Hebrew-literate individuals do not always know that in Hebrew language, grammatical gender is NOT an indicator of actual gender. Hebrew nouns have grammatical gender. Each object is masculine or feminine. There are no gender-neutral pronouns in Hebrew, i.e. there is no equivalent of the English “it”. Everything is a “he” or a “she”.

The spirit of God Ruach Elohim (Genesis 1:2) is a feminine noun. So is the Shekhinah — the Presence of God. Does that mean the Spirit of God and the Presence of God are female?

Take for example the word “animal” — hayyah in Hebrew. Hayyah is a feminine noun. Therefore, by the rules of Hebrew grammar, whenever people speak of a hayyah, they have to refer to it as “she”. This does not indicate that the animal in question is actually female.

Found here: http://www.colorq.org/bible….=gender

Proverbs also mentions a master craftsman don't forget.
    Wisdom is a feminine gendered word in the Hebrew and will take the feminine pronoun “she.” That doesn't mean it can't be representing the Son of God. Nice try though.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 08 2010,15:51)
    hi all

to your faithful people you said:
    “I have bestowed strength on a warrior;
    I have exalted a young man from among the people.
    Ps 89:20 I have found David my servant;
    with my sacred oil I have anointed him.
    Ps 89:21 My hand will sustain him;
    surely my arm will strengthen him.
    Ps 89:22 No enemy will subject him to tribute;
    no wicked man will oppress him.
    Ps 89:23 I will crush his foes before him
    and strike down his adversaries.
    Ps 89:24 My faithful love will be with him,
    and through my name his horn will be exalted.
    Ps 89:25 I will set his hand over the sea,
    his right hand over the rivers.
    Ps 89:26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father,
    my God, the Rock my Savior.’
    Ps 89:27 I will also appoint him my firstborn,
    the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
    Ps 89:28 I will maintain my love to him forever,
    and my covenant with him will never fail.
    Ps 89:29 I will establish his line forever,
    his throne as long as the heavens endure

this is Christ .

Hi terraricca,
    I believe that this passage is about David. Just substitute all the “him” and “his” with the name David and that will help. It speaks about Christ in a way though because it is Christ that God uses to end up on David's throne forever.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2010,15:06)
    Hi LU,
    A godhead??
    A binity godhead?

We are to offer a sacrifice of praise to God in our temples helped by his Spirit.[Rom8, 1 peter2.5]

Nick,
    I do think that we are subject to a Godhead made up of one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ. I think that the Holy Unity would be a good choice for the name of that Godhead. Remember that Jesus says that He and the Father are one. Unity is a firm teaching in the NT.

…for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Kathi

JustAskin
    Participant

LU,
    What you wrote is not Worship and that is just your error in words.
    You are honoring, gloryfying and praising God and Christ.

By this you are doing good by the Holy Spirit.

Please, just don't say that by this you are Worshipping God and Christ.

Most people today have no idea of what Worship is. Not even the dictionary gives a good definition.
    I think it is because of 'over sensitivity' to anything religious.

In Worship you offer a 'sacrifice' to the one being worshipped.
    This sacrifice could be a special personal item, a gift, a portion of your goods, a tithe!, your undying alliegence of service.
    You are 'gifting' to God or 'your god' and doing so in an almost one to one spiritual union.

This is such a special relational act to the ONE who gave you life there is no greater sacrifice for you than to offer your life back to HIM.

But God is compassionate and accepts something less from us.

Cain and Abel offered worship through the 'fruits of their labour', and others offered 'burnt offerings' – the absolute best of the herd, and in Jesus' time even money, a sheep from the flock, etc.

What do we know about Worship today?

JustAskin
    Participant

Is it not then for good reason that God is 'jealous' if we give worship to another, and even worse when that other is an inanimate object, an idol.

Worship the one who gave to you first.

'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all your might…' and to him alone offer ~sacred~ Worship.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 09 2010,09:39)

Hi LU,
    A godhead??
    A binity godhead?

Nick,
    I do think that we are subject to a Godhead made up of one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ.  I think that the Holy Unity would be a good choice for the name of that Godhead.  Remember that Jesus says that He and the Father are one.  Unity is a firm teaching in the NT.

…for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Kathi

Hi LU,
    Are you not in Christ?
    Are you not a branch of his vine?

He is not separate from you

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2010,19:59)

Hi LU,
    A godhead??
    A binity godhead?

Nick,
    I do think that we are subject to a Godhead made up of one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ.  I think that the Holy Unity would be a good choice for the name of that Godhead.  Remember that Jesus says that He and the Father are one.  Unity is a firm teaching in the NT.

Kathi

Hi LU,
    Are you not in Christ?

Hi Nick,
    I am in Christ AND the Father…aren't you. I'm not in Christ's vine…Christ IS the vine, the Father's vine.

I'm not separate from the Son or the Father but many are. Are you still separated from the Father and Son? If we are united with the Holy Unity of the Father and the Son, we are no longer separated. Praise God!

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 08 2010,18:04)
    LU,
    What you wrote is not Worship and that is just your error in words.
    You are honoring, gloryfying and praising God and Christ.

By this you are doing good by the Holy Spirit.

Please, just don't say that by this you are Worshipping God and Christ.

Most people today have no idea of what Worship is. Not even the dictionary gives a good definition.
    I think it is because of 'over sensitivity' to anything religious.

In Worship you offer a 'sacrifice' to the one being worshipped.
    This sacrifice could be a special personal item, a gift, a portion of your goods, a tithe!, your undying alliegence of service.
    You are 'gifting' to God or 'your god' and doing so in an almost one to one spiritual union.

This is such a special relational act to the ONE who gave you life there is no greater sacrifice for you than to offer your life back to HIM.

But God is compassionate and accepts something less from us.

Cain and Abel offered worship through the 'fruits of their labour', and others offered 'burnt offerings' – the absolute best of the herd, and in Jesus' time even money, a  sheep from the flock, etc.

What do we know about Worship today?

Hi JustAskin,
    Would you mind backing that up with scripture within the context of after Christ's death and resurrection. Also, show me where singing praise is not considered an act of worship. I do agree that we offer up ourselves but there are many ways in which we show that and I believe that is through singing praise and everything else that I shared with you.

How do you think that the angels worship the Father and the Son?

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 09 2010,12:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2010,19:59)

Hi LU,
    A godhead??
    A binity godhead?

Nick,

Kathi

Hi LU,
    Are you not in Christ?

Hi Nick,
    I am in Christ AND the Father…aren't you.  I'm not in Christ's vine…Christ IS the vine, the Father's vine.

I'm not separate from the Son or the Father but many are.  Are you still separated from the Father and Son?  If we are united with the Holy Unity of the Father and the Son, we are no longer separated.  Praise God!

Kathi

Hi LU,
    You are in the vine of Christ if you are reborn into him.[Jn15]
    Can a branch worship the vine or do both serve the Gardener?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Where would the branch be without the vine?  Cling to the vine…you owe your life to the vine…without the vine, you don't even become a branch.  Worship the vine and the vinedresser, not the other branches but of course that is obvious.  I think that you make Christ just another branch to high five.  Would you say “Good job Jesus branch, you produce so much fruit and I want to be just like you.”  News bulletin Nick…you cannot be just like the vine, you can only be a branch.  Let's bear good fruit and cling to our vine to whom we owe our life to along with the vinedresser.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Jesus never told us to worship him but directed worship to his God.

Why do men override his authority and do so?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account