The messenger of jehovah was jehovah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 693 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Which of your gods do you pray to?
    Our God is one, the Father of Jesus Christ.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nick you really need to study the post on the trinity on page 53. Anyone have any comments? And on John1;1 out of the Commentary bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    Where is this trinity taught in the bible?
    Do you pray to them or what?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 08 2009,22:24)
    Hi Kat,

NH

How do you have fellowship with the Father and the Son if you do not pray to them?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    If you are in the Son enlivened by God's Spirit it is easy to offer the sacrifice of praise to God in the temple/body.

I pray to the Father. :D

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 09 2009,17:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 08 2009,22:24)
    Hi Kat,

NH

How do you have fellowship with the Father and the Son if you do not pray to them?

WJ

An excellent question. How do the antitrinitarianians have fellowship/communion (Gr. koinonia) with Yeshua if they don't converse with Him? Can you have communion with someone you don't talk to?

“God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” (1 Corinthians 1:9)

Anyone got an answer?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Participant

Still looking for an answer…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Do you pray to your trinity god or to one or two of the persons?
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    God is one.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    The key is the Spirit of God promised to all His sons in Lk11 and Acts 2.39.
    Unless you know the Spirit, the wind that guides and leads and gives peace and comfort, we cannot know the fellowship in that Spirit uniting Father and Son.

Participant

Still looking for an answer, Constitutionalist how about you?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 09 2009,19:38)
    I pray to the Father.  :D

The apostle John wanted us to pray to the Son of God (1 John 5:13-15).

“God must be believed on in His own dispensation.”

thinker

Participant

all quiet on the Western front….

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 09 2009,01:56)
    Still looking for an answer, Constitutionalist how about you?

I find all things that are done are in and through Jesus. We are his disciples for he is my Lord (Master). But I find that all request and supplications are done through the Father. He is our God and my God.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

[BOLD]But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.[/BOLD]

[BOLD]Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.[/BOLD]

[BOLD]After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.[/BOLD]

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

[BOLD]If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?[/BOLD]

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

[BOLD]And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.[/BOLD]

[BOLD]And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.[/BOLD]

[BOLD]If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?[/BOLD]

[BOLD]I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,[/BOLD]

[BOLD]But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.[/BOLD]

———————————————————–

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

But I have greater witness than [that] of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

———————————————————-

Warning to Trinitatians: Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Participant

Constitutionalist, that's equivocal, let me put it plainly. What is the basis for you fellowship with the Christ? Do you have a relationship with Yeshua? – what form does it take?

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 09 2009,02:09)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 09 2009,19:38)
    I pray to the Father.  :D

The apostle John wanted us to pray to the Son of God (1 John 5:13-15).

“God must be believed on in His own dispensation.”

thinker

Sorry, it does not say to pray to the son, I suggest you meditate on the whole chapter.

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 09 2009,02:26)
    Constitutionalist, that's equivocal, let me put it plainly. What is the basis for you fellowship with the Christ? Do you have a relationship with Yeshua? – what form does it take?

He is my Savior, Prophet, Prophet, King, and my Christ. And because of those things I am beggotten unto the One True God.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think some people need to read a commentary bible that explains scripture in detail. You can get them at any Bible book store. I am looking at my pastors right now. It is called “The Complete Bible Commentary”- contributions from: Dobson, Feinberg,Hindson, Kroll, Wilmington and more. They explain every scripture in detail. In John 1;1 it says:IN THE BEGINNING. This opening statement is a repetition of the opening statement of the bible.(Gen 1:1) When time began, the word was already in existence. WAS THE WORD.This unique name for Christ (Gr logos) occurs only four times in the New Testament as a name.(1;1 14, 1 John 1;1 Rev.19:13 and is utilized only by John the apostle. Since words reveal the thoughts of one person to another, Christ as the Eternal word is a revelation as God to man. AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD. The words translated WITH GOD (Gr pros ton theon) could be rendered “face to face with God” Two important thoughts emerge from this statement. first the word is a diistinct person. Second, the word was enjoying communication and fellowship with another distinct person, God the father. AND THE WORD WAS GOD. Lest the reader assume that the Word as a distinct person is less than God, John concludes the verse with an emphatic statement that the Word was completely GOD. To lend the greatest possible emphasis to the importance of this statement, it literally reads “and God was the Word. The subject and predicate are reversed to underline the deity of the Word.THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD this verse simply summarizes the deep theological truths revealed in the first verse.(3) ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. This verse establishes Christ as the subject of creation and not the object of creation. He was the creator, not the created. One scholar translates the latter part of this verse as follows: 'and apart from him not a single thing that exits came into being” (William Hendriksen, The Gospel of St. John.p.71)

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Katjo: The greek word (logos) was used hundreds of times in the New Testament. It was translated as either, 'thing” or “things”. Much of the time the word “thing” or “things” was the greek word (rhema). It was usually one or the other every time the word thing or things was used. Wierd huh? TK

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 693 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account