The Man from heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    ylt
    And Jehovah saith, `My Spirit doth not strive in man — to the age; in their erring they [are] flesh:'
    gen 2
    7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    gen 3
    19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

There is no literal translation as some Hebrew words do not have literal English alternative. Even when they do, those claiming to be literal translations do not necessary use them.

The only reason I know is that biblehub tells me the basic definition is judge. There are times it seems to mean contend. I am confident it means judge as in govern because the blue letter bible states one use of spirit is “he disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one”. God is clearly speaking of the body and not the soul but he is speaking of body that lives because of the Spirit. The body is not living because the Spirit contends with man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You have your preferred meanings.
    But the Spirit would like to teach you

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is teaching. The question is do you believe what it teaches. If not then why?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You say
    “God is clearly speaking of the body and not the soul but he is speaking of body that lives because of the Spirit. The body is not living because the Spirit contends with man.”

This makes no sense

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You may be correct as sometimes my English is atrocious.  I will try it again.

Genesis 6:3
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

God's statement is “My spirit shall not always strive with man”.  Man is body, soul, and spirit in that order with the last the most important.  The topic of the sentence is the lifespan of man.  That topic has nothing to do with the soul or spirit as the soul lives beyond the death of a man and his spirit accompanies it.  So the body is the only one that can content against the spirit.

So either men in this case only means the body or contend is not the best word.  Judge is a better fit, especially as ungodly flesh is the reason given for the Spirit to stop.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus Christ is the man from heaven.

The Word made flesh at the Jordan

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

heb 13.8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Flesh contributes nothing  (Jn 6.63) so understand that this speaks of the anointing Spirit.

Now the Lord is the Spirit.(2Cor 3.17)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Remember man that though art dust, and unto dust though shalt return.

Such is the fate of all men.

But those who receive the Living Spirit and the new body can have eternal life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The man from heaven.

Classic spiritual language showing it is all about the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus Christ is the man from heaven.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Born of woman, born under the law and reborn from above at the Jordan river.

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account