The Life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

The dust creation tansported to the new creation to be transformed

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Who first trusted?
    Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Hi WJ,
    I am in no position to get involved in any of the discussions right now, but I tought that Nick said that Jesus died.
    His spirit did not die, it returned to God as do all of our spirits when we die.

Tim

Hi TimothyVI

And welcome!

Yes but his implication is that Jesus Spirit died or was returned to God and reborn. There is no scripture for this.

Jesus was in the center of the earth for three days as Jonah was in the belly of the whale.

He was the Eternal Life. He was the ressurection and the life. His Spirit did not die. He laid down his natural life and took it up again.

The Body of Jesus died when his Spirit left his body!

Blessings

charity
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Jan. 18 2007,23:34)
    The dust creation tansported to the new creation to be transformed

Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Who first trusted?
    Eph 1:12  That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Eph 1:13  In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Pro 18:19 A brother offended [is harder to be won] than a strong city: and [their] contentions [are] like the bars of a castle.

Mat 11:6 And blessed is [he], whosoever shall not be offended in me.
    Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
    Mat 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Mat 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
    Mat 26:33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all [men] shall be offended because of thee, [yet] will I never be offended.
    Mar 4:17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

Act 26:7 Unto which [promise] our twelve tribes, instantly serving [God] day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
    Act 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 18 2007,23:03)

Hi W,
    He died.
    He really really died.
    No playacting but he died.
    Spirits never die but return to God[ecc12]
    His spirit returned to God while his dead body lay as an empty tent.
    But he was made alive in the Spirit of God.

NH

Show me scripture that says Jesus Spirit died! :)

Hi W,
    Show me any scripture that shows spirits die.
    They return to God.
    ECC 12

Hi W,
    They return to God.
    ECC 12

NH

Eph 2:1
    And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Col 2:13
    And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

In the day that Adam sinned spiritually he died and his eyes were opened to the knowledge of good and evil!

Gen 2:
    16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
    17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: **for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die**.

Untill men are born again they are dead in their sins.

NH these things are the fundamentals to the Christian faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    The body without the spirit is dead.
    Death is the loss of spirit not the death of the spirit.

Lk 23
    ” 46And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT.” Having said this, He breathed His last.”

You say
    “In the day that Adam sinned spiritually he died and his eyes were opened to the knowledge of good and evil!”

But those are words are not found in the scriptures but come from theology.
    He died that day-within 1000 years of the prediction.

You say
    “In the day that Adam sinned spiritually he died and his eyes were opened to the knowledge of good and evil!”
    But those are words not found in the scriptures.

NH

Not True! :)

NH

But those words are not found in the scriptures but come from theology

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    He lived less than 1000 years and a day to God can be as 1000 years[2Peter, Ps 90?].

Hi W,
    He lived less than 1000 years and a day to God can be as 1000 years[2Peter, Ps 90?].

NH

You are reading in to whaat God said…

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: **for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die**.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You added your new doctrine of 'spiritual death' to scripture to try to explain why he did not die that day, but in God's eyes he did-930 years is less than 1000[gen 5.3f].

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There are many stillborn sons.
    They claim to have been reborn, having tasted the powers from above.
    But their mind and their doctrines are unchanged from what they knew before this birth.
    They still preach tradition which opposes the words of Christ.

We must be transformed by a renewing of our minds and hearts.
    We must aspire to the mind of Christ.
    We must be led by the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Son who died was raised in the life given of the Spirit of His God
    and we can share in that eternal life with God and His beloved Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is the life
    by the life given him.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 19 2007,11:46)

Hi W,
    They return to God.
    ECC 12

NH

Eph 2:1
    And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Col 2:13
    And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

In the day that Adam sinned spiritually he died and his eyes were opened to the knowledge of good and evil!

Gen 2:
    16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Untill men are born again they are dead in their sins.

NH these things are the fundamentals to the Christian faith.

What is of God and belonging to him can not die..brother WJ..the spirit is one of those things…and no I am not talking the pagan teaching of the immortality of the soul..I'm talking the spirit which means life

Notice this

THIS IS WHAT GOES BACK TO GOD

spirit-Etymology:
    Middle English, from Anglo-French or Latin; Anglo-French, espirit, spirit, from Latin spiritus, literally, breath, from spirare to blow, breathe

1: an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms

Notice the etymology of the word and the definition..hopefully now do you see what we are trying to say here..

John 6:63 …63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit[a] and they are life.

Romans 8:11 …11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

2 Corinthians 3:6…6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Genesis 2:7 …the LORD God formed the man The Hebrew for man (adam) sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for ground (adamah) it is also the name Adam (see Gen. 2:20). from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The living God gives of His abiding Spirit of life.

Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

2 Corinthians 3:6
    who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Galatians 6:8
    For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

John 6:63
    ” It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Jn5
    24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 11:26
    and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”
    Lk20
    34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

37Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

38For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Life and death mean different things to God than what we might imagine.
    New Life given by Him is eternal life.

Romans 11:29
    For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of the living God is given to be shared with us.
    Jeremiah 10:10
    But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

God does not die and neither in God's eyes do those who ever share that life

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God does not give us eternal life and then take it away.
    The Spirit of life abides.

Rom8
    2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 15:4
    Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of life empowered the Son of God and can also empower and enliven us.
    But there is no eternal life beyond the grave promised to those who do not enter through the door of Jesus

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is the Life.
    Life is in him-eternal life that is.
    Matthew 16:25
    “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Mark 8:35
    “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

Luke 9:24
    “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.

The life we are born with must be sacrificed in joining in the death of Jesus that we can be raised to new life.

Rom6
    3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account