The Kingdom of Heaven

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 21 2011,22:31)
    Adam did not “sin” or at least that word was not in the garden story.

You might say, …Adam disobeyed God and you call it a sin!

Hi Tim,

Did Adam 'think', the word 'think' is not in there either?
    Do you think disobedience to God (according to Tim) is OK?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Edit: Clarification in Grammar.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed: God told Adam that if he did something, something would happen. God warned Adam not to believe evil by partaking a thought a lie against the truth. It was not an act of expression. It was an act of acceptance or believing. Eating something or taking in something. Not “doing” an evil. It wasn't an outward action it was an inward belief.

God did not say to Adam, if you partake of this I will kill you. He said don't do this or you will die. To partake of a warning is different than not obeying a command. The translators mistakenly made it look like love was commanding a free man. God made a statement of fact and Eve tested his word. Adam followed Eve.

All Adams communication with God was in the mind. Faith is mind.

Another thought or question, if I transgress God in some way how would it be that you and everyone else would suffer the same error?

Sin or thinking you have done wrong or against God is self-condemnation! Anything a person judges in his mind as wrong in Gods eyes or against God is darkness that covers some light. IMO, TK

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 22 2011,06:36)
    Ed: God told Adam that if he did something, something would happen. God warned Adam not to believe evil by partaking a thought a lie against the truth. It was not an act of expression. It was an act of acceptance or believing. Eating something or taking in something. Not “doing” an evil. It wasn't an outward action it was an inward belief.

God did not say to Adam, if you partake of this I will kill you. He said don't do this or you will die. To partake of a warning is different than not obeying a command. The translators mistakenly made it look like love was commanding a free man. God made a statement of fact and Eve tested his word. Adam followed Eve.

All Adams communication with God was in the mind. Faith is mind.

Another thought or question, if I transgress God in some way how would it be that you and everyone else would suffer the same error?

Sin or thinking you have done wrong or against God is self-condemnation! Anything a person judges in his mind as wrong in Gods eyes or against God is darkness that covers some light. IMO, TK

Another thought or question, if I transgress God in some way how would it be that you and everyone else would suffer the same error?(Tim said)

They say cleanliness is not to godliness right? So if generations ruin the same part of the earth you would experience that.

princess
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 24 2011,19:46)
    Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven.
    This for a start.

John 14:2

'In my Father's house are many homes. If it weren't so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.'

'If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.'

I would like to hear peoples opinion on this please, thanks.
    Who goes there? Some, or all? And what of the Earth?

“The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you” (Luke 17:20-21).

Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news’” (Mark 1:14-15).

Whatever Jesus preached, it got people excited. Even the demons were riled up. And Jesus’ message angered most of the religious leaders he encountered. In the end, it got him killed on a Roman cross. So what exactly was this inspiring, challenging, goading, and apparently subversive message of Jesus all about? (mark d roberts)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Princess,

Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
    And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
    What does “The Time is Fulfilled” mean? Watch the time-lines of 15:25 through 52:30.

God bless

david
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 26 2011,20:15)
    Hi wispring.

I also heard it was a JW doctrine.
    Istari and I think Irene also believe this.

I started this topic, before I heard what they said (they HAD said it before, but I wasnt really listening).
    So, now that I agree with them, I lost interest in this thread :) As it goes.

So I leave it open to anyone to discuss between yourselves, Im sort of giving Istari the benefit of the doubt with this one.

Whether it is called “kingdom of heaven” (because it is ruled from heaven) or “kingdom of God” (because God set it up and is above it) or “kingdom of the Christ” (because Jesus has been appointed it's ruler), it is the same kingdom.

A kingdom is a government ruled by a king. Jesus is that king. He rules from heaven.

Where JW comes in, is that he has co rulers, or “joint heirs” to the kingdom (government), and they are 144,000 in number.

Just as every governemnt has rulers, so does this one. And, why not be ruled (and judged) by people who have gone through what you have gone through, your peers. So, God has appointed Jesus and a number of co rulers to rule this government (kingdom)

Of course, God's will for the earth is unchanged. He put Adam and Even on it and wanted them to take paradise and spread it over the earth. They chose independence. God is allowing us to see the result of HUMAN RULE. This is the result. So, what we need is God's rulership, which we would get through the government he set up in the heavens, the heavenly kingdom.

There are of course the scriptures such as Mat 5:5: Happy are the mild tempered, for they shall inherit the earth.

But, God has selected a few for a specific purpose–to rule as part of this kingdom, with Jesus. They along with Jesus as head, make up the kingdom. They in fact are the kingdom, or government.

This is what JW's believe.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David,

What does your organization teach will become of those
    who are not part of “the little flock” nor of “the great crowd”,
    though they also believe in Jehovah and Jesus' ransom sacrifice?
    David, answer this question about what your organization teaches?

God bless  
    Ed J

david
    Participant

T8, am I allowed to block people so that I can not see their posts?

princess
    Participant

David,

Perhaps I misunderstood your post, I took your comments that the JWs are the chosen to help rule the kingdom. Any correction would be greatly appreciated.

I do not think there is such a feature that one can block anothers post. However the comment was amusing.  :laugh:

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 11 2011,19:42)
    David,

Perhaps I misunderstood your post, I took your comments that the JWs are the chosen to help rule the kingdom. Any correction would be greatly appreciated.

I do not think there is such a feature that one can block anothers post. However the comment was amusing.  :laugh:

Princess

just because this is the believe from the JW it does not means that the 144k are all JW because the organization only took that name i believe in 1931

and the 144k are all chosen by Christ to be his brothers and so become sons of God,in heaven,
    this is in scriptures
    all the other believers are to be on earth ,where some will be leaders

I believe that we all be judged not by our affiliation but by our deeds of our faith ,belonging to a religion is part of our deeds we do of our faith

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 11 2011,01:30)

Quote (karmarie @ April 26 2011,20:15)
    Hi wispring.

I also heard it was a JW doctrine.
    Istari and I think Irene also believe this.

I started this topic, before I heard what they said (they HAD said it before, but I wasnt really listening).
    So, now that I agree with them, I lost interest in this thread :) As it goes.

So I leave it open to anyone to discuss between yourselves, Im sort of giving Istari the benefit of the doubt with this one.

Whether it is called “kingdom of heaven” (because it is ruled from heaven) or “kingdom of God” (because God set it up and is above it) or “kingdom of the Christ” (because Jesus has been appointed it's ruler), it is the same kingdom.

A kingdom is a government ruled by a king. According to Revelations Jesus is that king.  He rules from heaven.

Where JW comes in, is that he has co rulers, or “joint heirs” to the kingdom (government), and they are 144,000 in number.

Just as every governemnt has rulers, so does this one.  And, why not be ruled (and judged) by people who have gone through what you have gone through, your peers.  So, God has appointed Jesus and a number of co rulers to rule this government (kingdom)

Of course, God's will for the earth is unchanged.  He put Adam and Even on it and wanted them to take paradise and spread it over the earth.  They chose independence.  God is allowing us to see the result of HUMAN RULE.  This is the result.  So, what we need is God's rulership, which we would get through the government he set up in the heavens, the heavenly kingdom.

There are of course the scriptures such as Mat 5:5: Happy are the mild tempered, for they shall inherit the earth.

But, God has selected a few for a specific purpose–to rule as part of this kingdom, with Jesus.  They along with Jesus as head, make up the kingdom.  They in fact are the kingdom, or government.

This is what JW's believe.

Hey David: I would like to give opinion on some of your questions and statements.

1) Your statement on the Kingdom of God/Heaven/Christ/Jesus is accurate. IMO! It is here, now, within each person!

2) A Kingdom is ruled by a king. We are the kings of our own Kingdom of God within us. Jesus is the prince of the kings of the earth(Rev1:5)…. Jesus is the King of Kings. Jesus has made us kings and priests unto God.Rev.(1:6)….Jesus has loved us and washed us clean of all our sins in his blood. We have no more sin! We rule our faith/knowledge of God(our kingdoms) from within ourselves where God/Jesus/Christ live….The Kingdom of Heaven/God/Christ/Jesus is within each person to the degree of truth/spirit/words/understanding they have.

3) In no way are we to look to other peoples mistakes to learn how to live. In no way are we “ruled” by anyone on earth. We choose life or death in all things and are free to move and do as we please. The only rule, which is not really a rule but all should know, you will reap that which you sow to others or the world! Give out what you want to be presented to you.

4) Adam and Eve chose to believe evil, which is premature death and passed their sin/error thinking on to all humanity who would accept and believe. Mostly errant thinking of evil was passed to others by the very way you propose to live. Looking at others, following their ways, and Human Rule!

God is good! God is everywhere. There is no intrinsic “evil” it was a lie/deception against the truth/life from the beginning. Man believed a lie(evil) and passed it from one to another throughout the ages. We must destroy the belief in evil or “death”! When Jesus conquered death that was the end of evil for all who believe the truth.

God is no respecter of persons! There are no “chosen” persons and no “physical government” of God! God is spirit/words of truth and the Kingdom of God is spirit and it dwells in those who hear/receive/accept and believe. A personal eternal walk with God in each individual to whatever level or heavenly realm of eternal existence one chooses to rise to.

To rise up in Heaven:
    Seek God's knowledge and understanding of that knowledge in the words of God, sent through Jesus, for us to consume. Adam consumed death we must consume life in Christ. IMO, TK

princess
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 11 2011,16:14)

Quote (princess @ Aug. 11 2011,19:42)
    David,

Princess

just because this is the believe from the JW it does not means that the 144k are all JW because the organization only took that name i believe in 1931

and the 144k are all chosen by Christ to be his brothers and so become sons of God,in heaven,
    this is in scriptures
    all the other believers are to be on earth ,where some will be leaders

I believe that we all be judged not by our affiliation but by our deeds of our faith ,belonging to a religion is part of our deeds we do of our faith

Pierre

T,

Thanks for the tid bit regarding the JW's date of origin. The number of 144 thousand seems a bit lean with all the ones that inhabit the earth today.

I also believe that our actions, words, deeds are very important, it shows what is truly on our hearts.

david
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 11 2011,12:42)
    David,

Princess, JW's believe that over the centuries, beginning at Pentecost 33 CE, God has been choosing people to rule with Christ, to be the kingdom or government. Of course, not everyone needs to be in the government and ruling, just as today, in any country, the rulers only make up a small portion of the people. The vast majority of people will live on earth, as God purposed for the earth. (Of course, with those who do not want to do God's will removed, the earth will be a much different place.)
    So, we have two groups making up “one flock.” There are the annointed, those who are annointed to be joint rulers and co-heirs with Christ to the kingdom, and they will be in heaven. And there are the “other sheep,” or the “great crowd” which will be ruled over. This is what JW's believe. I hope this clarifies things.

david
    Participant

God is no respecter of persons! There are no “chosen” persons and no “physical government” of God!

FTK, I understand why you hold this position and have talked at length on this issue before. There may even be a thread for it.

I believe the idea that the kingdom (a word that means “government, empire” etc) is within people does not line up with ACCURATE scripture.
    There is really only one scripture that pushes people to believe that, and it's not translated that way in most modern Bibles. It is in fact, a mistranslation, and an easy one to spot, when you consider the context.

Before we get to that, let's begin at the beginning, and I'll discuss why, I Biblically do not believe the kingdom of God is something “within” people.

Actually, no, let's start at that scripture:

LUKE 17:21
    “neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in within you.

1. CONTEXT! Read Luke 17:20 and 21. (Not just 21)
    (He “answered” the pharisees. His statement was directed towards them. Do you think the kingdom of God is in the hearts of the pharisses? Please do not dismiss that question. Is it? Jesus called them “hypocrites” and “serpents” and said “how are you to flee from the judgement of Gehenna?”
    Is God’s kingdom in such ones? What do you think?

2. MODERN BIBLES translate it “in your midst” or “among you.” (Even KJ and others that have “within you” also have “among you” as an alternate translation in the margins.)

3. MANY SCRIPTURES SHOW KINGDOM TO BE A GOVERNMENT–dan 2:44; Is 9:6,7; 1 cor 15:24; Rev 1:6; 5:9,10.

At Matthew 23:13-33, we see that Jesus 4 times said: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!” And he said: “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Ge·heńna?” (Mat 23:33)
    Does it make sense that Jesus would say that God’s kingdom was in the wicked hearts of those corrupt men, the very ones he condemned to Gehenna, the very ones who shut up the kingdom for other men?
    It’s interesting to note the margins and footnotes in the KJ and the NIV of this verse.
    In the margin, KJ has this: “within you: or, among you.”
    A footnote to Luke 17:21 in the New International Version shows that Jesus’ words could be rendered: “The kingdom of God is among you.”

And here is how the vast majority of modern Bible’s tend to translate this verse:

“The kingdom of God is in your midst.” (New World Translation)
    “For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.” (NASB)
    “Because God's kingdom is already among you.” (The Message)
    “For the Kingdom of God is already among you.[a]” (New Living)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”[a] (English Standard)
    “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you. (Darby Translation)
    “the kingdom of God is among you.” (holman)
    “God's kingdom is among you.” (New International readers version)
    “because the kingdom of God is in your midst.” [a] (todays new international version)
    “The kingdom of God is among you” (The New English Bible)
    “is in the midst of you.” (The Jerusalem Bible)
    “is in the midst of you.” (Revised Standard Version)
    “God’s royal majesty is among you.” (The Emphatic Diaglott)
    etc.

Jesus, who was in their midst, thus referred to himself as the future King. (Compare Mat 12:27,28)
    Jesus was “within” a group of people, among them, “in” their midst.
    As the long-awaited Messiah and King-Designate, Jesus was in their very midst. Far from being something that a person has in his heart, God’s Kingdom is a real, operating government having a ruler and subjects.

WHAT IS GOD’S KINGDOM?

GOD’S KINGDOM–A GOVERNMENT
    ISAIAH 9:6, 7, RS:
    “To us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government [also KJ, AT, Dy; “dominion,” JB, NE; “princely rule,” NW] will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called ‘Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.’ Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end.”

The word rendered “kingdom” in the Christian Greek Scriptures is ba·si·leía, meaning “a kingdom, realm, the region or country governed by a king; kingly power, authority, dominion, reign; royal dignity, the title and honour of king.” (The Analytical Greek Lexicon, 1908, p. 67)

GOD’S KINGDOM CRUSHES OTHER KINGDOMS AND BRINGS TO NOTHING ALL HUMAN GOVERNMENTS.
    DANIEL 2:44
    ““And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;”
    1 CORINTHIANS 15:24
    “Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.”
    1 CORINTHIANS 2:6
    “Now we speak wisdom among those who are mature, but not the wisdom of this system of things nor that of the rulers of this system of things, who are to come to nothing.”
    PSALMS 2:8, 9:
    “Ask of me, that I may give nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your own possession. You will break them with an iron scepter, as though a potter’s vessel you will dash them to pieces.”
    (God’s kingdom will remove imperfect earthly human governments which have not solved mankind’s problems. As well, unlike human governments, this kingdom “cannot be shaken.”–Heb 12:28)

YOUR POINT AVOVE ABOUT “NO CHOSEN RULERS”:

A KINGDOM is a government or empire and governments have RULERS

JESUS IS ONE OF THESE RULERS
    DANIEL 7:13, 14:
    “With the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man [Jesus Christ; see Mark 14:61, 62] happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days [Jehovah God] he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him [to Jesus Christ] there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him.”
    REVELATION 11:15
    “And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”” (Also, Is 9:6,7)

JESUS HAS CO-RULERS, JOINT HEIRS OF THE KINGDOM
    Rom. 8:19-21: “The eager expectation of the creation is waiting for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will but through him that subjected it, on the basis of hope that the creation itself also will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.”
    DANIEL 7:18
    “But the holy ones of the Supreme One will receive the kingdom, and they will take possession of the kingdom for time indefinite, even for time indefinite upon times indefinite.’”
    DANIEL 7:22
    “until the Ancient of Days came and judgment itself was given in favor of the holy ones of the Supreme One, and the definite time arrived that the holy ones took possession of the kingdom itself.
    DANIEL 7:27
    ““‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an indefinitely lasting kingdom, and all the rulerships will serve and obey even them.’”
    REVELATION 1:6
    “and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be th
    e glory and the might forever. Amen.”
    REVELATION 5:9,10:
    “You [Jesus Christ] were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.
    (At Revelation 14:1-3 these “bought from the earth” to be rulers with the Lamb on heavenly Mount Zion are said to number 144,000.)
    ROMANS 8:17
    “If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together.” (See Heb 1:2)
    JAMES 2:5
    “Listen, my beloved brothers. God chose the ones who are poor respecting the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he promised to those who love him, did he not?”
    REVELATION 3:21
    “To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.”
    REVELATION 20:4
    “And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years.”
    REVELATION 22:3-5
    “And no more will there be any curse. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in [the city], and HIS SLAVES will render him sacred service; and THEY will see his face, and his name will be on THEIR foreheads. Also, night will be no more, and THEY have no need of lamplight nor [do they have] sunlight, because Jehovah God will shed light upon THEM, and they will RULE AS KINGS forever and ever.”

IT'S A SMALL GROUP THAT MAKE UP THE KINGDOM
    LUKE 12:32:
    “Have no fear, LITTLE FLOCK, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.”

HOW SMALL?
    REVELATION 14:1-3:
    “I saw, and, look! the Lamb [Jesus Christ] standing upon the Mount Zion [in heaven; see Hebrews 12:22-24], and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. . . . And they are singing as if a new song . . . and no one was able to master that song but the HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR THOUSAND, who have been BOUGHT FROM THE EARTH.”

BESIDES THIS SMALL GROUP THA MAKE UP THE KINGDOM (GOVERNMENT), WHO ELSE DOES THE BIBLE MENTION?

REVELATION 7:3-4,9
    “saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.” And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR THOUSAND, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of [spiritual] Israel: . . . .After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.”

OTHER SHEEP, THE GREAT CROWD
    It is obvious that Jesus and the holy ones will be ruling over someone. Who might that be? (Matt. 5:5; 6:10)
    JOHN 10:16
    ““And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.”
    Or, as Today’s English Version puts it, “There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen.”

….

Anyway, got a little off track there. In my mind, it is exceedingly obvious that the kingdom is not something inside of people's hearts, or whatever. You can say you love the kingdom so much, that it is in your heart, I guess. But, I don't think that's what people mean when they say it. There are just so many scriptures…. just thought of another one… there's that one that speaks of when Jesus “hands over the kingdom” to his father. It's a government.

david.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 11 2011,02:25)
    Hi David,

God bless  
    Ed J

Hi David,

Are you not here to answer questions as to what your organization teaches?

God bless

david
    Participant

The number of 144 thousand seems a bit lean with all the ones that inhabit the earth today.

Hi Princess.
    REVELATION 5:9,10:
    “You [Jesus Christ] were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made THEM [the 144,000] to be a kingdom [which is a government] and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

governments have no reason to be tremendously large. Notice there are 2 groups in this scripture: (1) “them,” that is, those that make up the kingdom, and (2) those they rule as kings over. Why does the first group have to be large?

In fact, it is specifically called a “small flock” and the other group is called a “great crowd.”

REVELATION 7:3-4,9
    “saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.” And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR THOUSAND, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of [spiritual] Israel: . . . .After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.”

Again, in this scripture, we see 2 groups. One is very little. After that, we are shown a “great crowd.”

So, based on that, I do not understand your statement above.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 12 2011,10:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 11 2011,02:25)
    Hi David,

God bless  
    Ed J

Hi David,

Are you not here to answer questions as to what your organization teaches?

God bless

Ed, your statements include 2 false assumptions or beliefs.
    As well, this is the wrong thread, and what you are doing comes close to harrasement. Ed, I would much rather be friends with you than go down the path you seem to want to go down.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 12 2011,10:37)
    FTK

LUKE 17:21
    “neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in within you.

david.

Hi David,

How does what you have been taught square up with Matt.6:20-21?   …Luke 17:21 seems to   …please explain?
    But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves
    do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matt.6:20-21)

God bless

david
    Participant

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I see no conflict here. Ed, what do you think is meant by heart? How do you understand this scripture?

david
    Participant

“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

Ed, looking at that verse, even if you were to understand it that way, it would be saying that your heart IS IN heaven (and not the kingdom)
    But the argument is that the kingdom IS IN your heart.

So, heart in kingdom (even thought it says heaven) does not equal kingdom in heart.

A person today could say: i have put my heart, my soul, my life into this government.
    But no person would say: This government is literally in my heart. That doesn't make sense.

Regardless, it doesn't even say kingdom.

Here's what I think this verse is actually talking about.
    How can we know whether our heart is centered on spiritual or material things? Perhaps the best guide is our conversation, since ‘out of the heart’s abundance the mouth speaks.’ (Luke 6:45)
    We show our reliance on God when we keep a ‘simple eye.’ (Matthew 6:22, 23) A simple eye is sincere, pure in motive, and free from greed and selfish ambition.
    “The lamp of the body is the eye,” said Jesus. He added: “If, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright.” (Matthew 6:22)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account