The Hypostatic union.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 05 2011,04:39)
    Irene

How many gods do you believe in?

WJ

Keith! There is only ONE Jehovah God….. Again God is a title. Jesus is also called God in
    Hbr 1:8 But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom. Irene

Quote (Baker @ May 04 2011,14:41)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 05 2011,04:39)
    Irene

How many gods do you believe in?

WJ

Keith!  There is only ONE Jehovah God….. Again God is a title.  Jesus is also called God in
    Hbr 1:8   But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.  Irene

Irene

So you say Jesus is God, then is he your God?

Its a simple yes or no answer and you keep avoiding the question!

WJ

Baker
    Participant

Keith! No, I worship Jehovah God and honor Jesus who is my Savior…. I go through Jesus to go to the Throne of God and ask Jehovah God for the forgiveness of my sins. Is that good enough for you? Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 04 2011,20:15)
    Kerwin

Why do you ask the question again? If you know Jesus then you know that whatever Jesus is to us is what the Father is, for it is “Their Image” we are being changed into for it is their image that we share which is the “Image of God”.

WJ

Keith,

I ask because it seems you may not know from what you wrote.

Jesus stated that his actions and words were God's.

John 14(NIV c.2011)

10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves

Before they chose to sin the words and works of mankind were also the result of the Father, living in them, doing his work.   Sadly they went in search of many schemes.  Happily Jesus came to rescue them from that deadly path.

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 01 2011,01:42)

Quote (Istari @ April 28 2011,17:04)
    Work backwards: if Jesus IS God – and he says we are to become like him – then he must mean that we too are to become GOD!

OK JA

Does it mean that we are going to become God if we are made after Gods image? Because it is his image that we are being changed into you know.

So lets work backwards.

If we go all the way back to the beginnng we find that God said…

And God said, Let us make man in “OUR IMAGE”, after OUR LIKENESS: Gen 1:26

So God created man in “HIS OWN IMAGE”, in the “IMAGE OF GOD” created he him; male and female created he them. Gen 1:27

Yet the scriptures tell us that we are being made into the image of Jesus.

Major Premise = We are being changed into the image of God.

Minor Premise = We are being changed into the image of Jesus.

Conclusion = Jesus is God!

I learned that from KJ. :)

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Jesus was made in the image of God and we are being transformed into the image of Jesus. Jesus is the express image of God then we also will be in the image of God. Neither he nor we will ever be God. We will have his divine nature by virtue of applying His Word in our daily life.

Jesus does not have two natures. He is a man whose spirit has been formed by God through obedience to God's Word. It is through the works of obedience to God's Word that we have seen the Father manifest through the life of Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

princess
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 05 2011,01:21)

What is the image of God we were made into Mike?

Spirit.

Too adult ?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ May 05 2011,19:14)

WorshippingJesus,May wrote:

[/quote]

Spirit.

Too adult ?

Kathi

try this,the image= the faculty of thinking,to make decisions,to enjoy the environment and distinctly measure the beauty of things,to be able to part take emotionally with others ,and share the love in our heart,

and not to be the least, is the possibility to increase all our faculties,

Pierre

Quote (Baker @ May 04 2011,17:04)
    Keith!  No, I worship Jehovah God and honor Jesus who is my Savior…. I go through Jesus to go to the Throne of God and ask Jehovah God for the forgiveness of my sins.  Is that good enough for you? Peace Irene

Irene

Then you should stop calling Jesus “a god”, right?

WJ

Quote (942767 @ May 04 2011,20:02)

Work backwards: if Jesus IS God – and he says we are to become like him – then he must mean that we too are to become GOD!

OK JA

Does it mean that we are going to become God if we are made after Gods image? Because it is his image that we are being changed into you know.

So lets work backwards.

So God created man in “HIS OWN IMAGE”, in the “IMAGE OF GOD” created he him; male and female created he them. Gen 1:27

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Jesus was made in the image of God and we are being transformed into the image of Jesus.

Hi Marty

You should give scriptural support before you say something is the wrong conclusion.

Do you have a scripture that says “Jesus was made in the image of God”?

WJ

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 06 2011,02:48)

Quote (942767 @ May 04 2011,20:02)

OK JA

So lets work backwards.

WJ

Hi Keith:

Wrong conclusion:

Jesus was made in the image of God and we are being transformed into the image of Jesus.

Hi Marty

You should give scriptural support before you say something is the wrong conclusion.

Do you have a scripture that says “Jesus was made in the image of God”?

WJ

Hi Keith:

This what you said:

This is what the scriptures state:

Col 1:15 Who(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Does this satisfy you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

No it doesn't satisfy me, because that scripture says he is “the image of God” and not that “God made him into the image of God”.

Do you believe God has an image even though he is invisible to us?

True or False…

Jesus is made into the image of God? False

Jesus is “the image of God”? True

Since Jesus is the image of God that we are becoming like and there is only “One Image” that is Gods then Jesus is God.

Does this satisfy you?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 05 2011,19:34)

Quote (princess @ May 05 2011,19:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 05 2011,01:21)

Spirit.

Too adult ?

Kathi

try this,the image= the faculty of thinking,to make decisions,to enjoy the environment and distinctly measure the beauty of things,to be able to part take emotionally with others ,and share the love in our heart,

and not to be the least, is the possibility to increase all our faculties,

Pierre

Princess

this is for you ,sorry Kathi a mix up

Pierre

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 06 2011,03:55)
    Marty

No it doesn't satisfy me, because that scripture says he is “the image of God” and not that “God made him into the image of God”.

True or False…

Since Jesus is the image of God that we are becoming like and there is only “One Image” that is Gods then Jesus is God.

Does this satisfy you?

WJ

You say:

Does this satisfy you?

No, it does not because an image of someone is not the orginal, and if by your statements, if Jesus is God, and we are becoming like him then we also would become God.

And Jesus said himself that he was going to his God and my God when he ascended when he was going to ascend into heaven.

Here is the scripture:

John 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And just a question to you, and that is was Jesus already the image of the invisible God when he was born as an infant into this world?

Love in Christ,
    Maraty

Wispring
    Participant

Hi 942767,
    Thank You! Thank you for pointing out the obvious reality that an image of anything is not the original. If you ever tried your hand as a visual artist or did alot of Photoshop type work you would be extremely aware of this simple fact of life.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 06 2011,08:29)

Marty

True or False…

Does this satisfy you?

WJ

You say:

Does this satisfy you?

No, it does not because an image of someone is not the orginal, and if by your statements, if Jesus is God, and we are becoming like him then we also would become God.

And Jesus said himself that he was going to his God and my God when he ascended when he was going to ascend into heaven.

Here is the scripture:

John 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And just a question to you, and that is was Jesus already the image of the invisible God when he was born as an infant into this world?

Love in Christ,
    Maraty

Hi all,

According to John we will eventually become gods

John 10:34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken

Since Jesus said:I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. What actually He meant?

Does He meant that the Father is a person representing God?

Is the Father an invisible image of God,and Jesus the visible image of God? Is that what it means: I am in the father and the Father is in me? Is all this to proof That God is not one Person? is that why Elohim is used in the plural form.

An example of how the Hebrew word Elohim is used in the plural is that it is translated “gods” (referring to idols) 235 times in the Old Testament. It is exactly the same word that is translated “God,” referring to the Almighty. An example is given below:

“I am the LORD your God [Elohim], who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods [Elohim] before Me. (Exodus 20:2-3)
    Peace and Love
    Charles

Baker
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 06 2011,02:42)

Quote (Baker @ May 04 2011,17:04)
    Keith!  No, I worship Jehovah God and honor Jesus who is my Savior…. I go through Jesus to go to the Throne of God and ask Jehovah God for the forgiveness of my sins.  Is that good enough for you? Peace Irene

Irene

Then you should stop calling Jesus “a god”, right?

WJ

Keith! I only pointed out that in Hebrew it says that Jesus is called God, but not Jehovah God. Again, God is a title. Example President, King, Governor, Lord, LORD, got the picture???? Even Satan is called God of this world….
    Peace Irene

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 06 2011,08:29)

Marty

True or False…

Does this satisfy you?

WJ

You say:

Does this satisfy you?

Here is the scripture:

Love in Christ,
    Maraty

Hi,All,

Here is a definition of the word Image within the Jewish

“1504 (eikṓn) assumes a prototype, of which it not merely resembles, but from which it is drawn” (R. Trench). 1504 (eikṓn) then is more than a “shadow”; rather it is a replication (F. F. Bruce, Hebrews, 226; see also Lightfoot at Col 3:10 and 2:21)

Now prototype:

Dictionary.com Free Toolbar
    Define Prototype Instantly.

–noun
    the original or model on which something is based or formed.
    someone or something that serves to illustrate the typical qualities of a class; model; exemplar: She is the prototype of a student activist.

So since God, I repeat God,not Just the Father, was and still is invisible,
    Jesus is: from which it is drawn rather is a replication, original or model, prototype, of the invisible God but visible,So Jesus is the original God within flesh.God I repeat God could never be a visible God without Jesus the Son of God
    .Satan was convinced that this was never possible to happen, since this particular material world and its creatures became ( and still is for those who will not believe that Jesus is God in flesh)the filthiest ever creation through the sin of Adam.

Peace and love

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

Charles

Hi all,

John 10:34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken

Yes anyone that speaks the truth of God is a god like Moses was to his brother;Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Jesus was a god to his brothers and the people of Israel.

Moses acting as a god to his brothers but this also bears a full responsibility of actions,and for one mistake it ad cost his live and never enter the promised land.

so be careful if you want to play god.

Pierre

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 07 2011,04:22)
    Charles

Hi all,

Yes anyone that speaks the truth of God is a god like Moses was to his brother;Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Jesus was a god to his brothers and the people of Israel.

Moses acting as a god to his brothers but this also bears a full responsibility of actions,and for one mistake it ad cost his live and never enter the promised land.

so be careful if you want to play god.

Pierre

Pierre,

Moses, was never found dead,Moses 'tomb was never found.
    Moses with respect to prophecies should never enter the Holy Land. Moses was the only person on earth who confronted god on mount Sinai on the very first day.Moses, when you study carefully on that particular day till he went to Egypt was completely controlling god,and also went to Egypt only because god accepted all what Moses asked,and wanted.When you reflect and pray the Holy Spirit to give you light you will be aware that Moses was Jesus incarnated in him.Also Moses life is a copycat of Jesus.That's why he was to introduce the supper of the lamb.That's why he never entered the Holy Land because symbolically it was not the time.

peace and love.

Quote (Wispring @ May 06 2011,00:26)
    Hi 942767,
      Thank You! Thank you for pointing out the obvious reality that an image of anything is not the original. If you ever tried your hand as a visual artist or did alot of Photoshop type work you would be extremely aware of this simple fact of life.

With Love and Respect,
                                                         Wispring

Wispring

According to scripture “Jesus is the image of the invisible God” (Col 1:15) or another way of reading that is “Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God”.

In other words God had made himself “visible” in Jesus.

Jesus is not just a reflection, for he is…

…the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,… Heb 1:3

The Greek word for “express image” is 'charaktēr' and means;

b) the exact expression (the image) of any person or thing, marked likeness, precise reproduction in every respect, i.e facsimile

Jesus is in every respect exactly like God. This means he is “all powerful”, and “omnipresent” which are attributes of God alone.

So your comparison to Photo shop is not a good one since Jesus is the living image of God.

But let’s use your example of photo shop and see how an “image” relates.

If you have a photo of your spouse (if you have a spouse), when you look at that photo do you imagine that the one in the photo is not your spouse? Would you say because it is a photo image that the one in the photo is not your human wife?

Think of it this way…If you had a literal photo of God would you say that the one in the photo is not God?

Jesus is like the photo of God in that he is perfectly Gods image. Jesus is in every respect exactly like God. That is why Jesus said if you had seen him you have seen God. He is the visible image of God or God made manifest in the flesh.

If your image (photo) of Jesus is less than God then you have a false Jesus and have created an image of Jesus that is not exactly like God.

The image of God is God because the “image of God” is perfectly identical!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account