THE HOLY GRAIL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

So many today get hung up on such things as this. Did the apostles think of anything such as this when they were at the last supper? Do you think they would look at a cup that Jesus drank from as something that should be looked upon as a holy relic? Isn't that idolry?

Yet, today we have so many who believe that this grail exists. It is ploys of the devil to take the eyes of men off of God. It is deception.

I will also talk of this. The spear that was thrust into the side of Jesus to verify he was dead by the Roman soldier, today, many believe it exists. This is more deceptions. And it is startling to see the influence it has.

For instance, there is a movie called Constantine. In this movie, supposably the spear that was thrust into the side of Jesus is found. The horrifying part of this is in the movie, it says the bible is untrue and that Jesus did not die from being hung on the cross, but that he was killed by the spear that was thrust into his side. It says that the Church covered this information up.

I came across a person who believed this, because of what he seen in this movie. I believe that countless others also believe this. So many are influenced by the evil movies coming out of Hollywood. I believe saints should raise their voices against this movie and Hollywood.

I watched this movie after hearing that this young person said he learned from this movie and it does say as he said.

So beware of the devil, he is seeking to devour.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober and self-controlled. Be watchful. Your adversary the devil, walks around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Our war should not be in Iraq, it should be in Hollywood. The influence that television has is alarming. It is far more of a tool of the devil then of God. It has become God to many. If a person watches television more then reads their bible or thinks about God or does things that glorify God, is not television that person's God?

seminarian
    Participant

H,

I agree but this is nothing new.  Especially since Emporer Constantine, who was a pagan up until his death bead baptism by Arius.  Constantine had his wife and son executed and himself carried the title Sol Invictus or the Invincible Son God.  His father and mother were likewise pagans.

That's why it was nothing more than a Hollywood publicity stunt when his mother traveled to Jerusalem and suddenly discovered with pinpoint accuracy both relics and actual cites of Christ and his apostles from the Bible.

To this day, people come and kiss the slab, sidewalk and anything else somebody said Jesus walked on or touched.  Its really sad because this is as you say, idolatry.  I'm not sure there is much we can do about bad movies except boycott them.  However, I think it is good to make sure what is being said is from the BIBLE itself.  If what you are referring to as the church is in fact the Roman Catholic Church, they admit to having equal weight given to their TRADITIONS as they do the Bible.  They also admit that many things they use such as the rosary beads, are of pagan origin.

Therefore, I would skip what the “church” teaches and go back to the source to see what the BIBLE teaches.

Bless ya',

Semmy

Semmy,

The point I was trying to make is how much of an influence movies have on our children and even many adults. You are what you eat. If people watch TV all the time, they will get most of their information from the television. It will be the television that determines their thinking, not the Word of God.

As for the catholic church and her affair with paganism, admitting it and still doing it does nothing.

As for my stand on the Word of God, it is my Sword and it is doubledge.

Cubes
    Participant

Good posts, you guys.

The world would do what the world is going to do.  How are we to conduct ourselves in it though?  We can't be busying ourselves policing it.  We have the Master's work to do.  Doing that would hopefully yield more effective results for all concerned.  

May we be vigilent indeed and prayerful, living godly lives and letting Christ shine through.

We can make choices as Semmy suggested to boycott movies and other things that do not glorify God or reflect who we are.  

1Cr 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Cr 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Dear Cubes,

Thank you for your post sis. Are you right about policing? Should we must speak out? Just like that movie Constantine. If one child believes the lies in this movie, how many countless others also will believe it's poison. Should we not, when there are things that have the possiblity of an attack on the faith, be policing? I did not think anything about the movie or what it dealt with until I heard from the mouth of a youngster the lies that were in it and how this youngster took it to heart.

I thank God that I was able to talk with him. How much good it did, only the Lord knows. I do know that he put it on my heart to write the above post. So I think we should be policemen when it comes to attacks on the faith, especially when it pushes away unbelievers further from God.

We should fight the enemy on all fronts. He will attack us on all fronts, will he not? Yet, we must be led in all things by the Holy Spirit. When we try to do things without his lead, we are doing things of the flesh.

So when it comes to policing, let the Holy Spirit be the captain who leads us as to all actions and words.

Cubes
    Participant

Hi H,

Gotta go but hope to get back to this topic.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cubes,
    I agree that the burden of the world is not one that has been given too us and it is too heavy for us. He has given us easy work and light burdens. The more we worry about other things the less energy we have to do the simple tasks we are given to do. None can come unless the Lord calls them. But God is ever busy by His Spirit drawing men to search for Him if they are attuned that way.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 09 2006,16:47)
    So many today get hung up on such things as this. Did the apostles think of anything such as this when they were at the last supper? Do you think they would look at a cup that Jesus drank from as something that should be looked upon as a holy relic? Isn't that idolry?

The Holy Grail is the sacred chalice and also a legend. If you read about this legend it contains certain things which the Church could not approve of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Agreed.
    Myths and legends are false trails.

The grail is a figment or a story or a tale made up of a false emperor of Rome. He claimed he had this dream, but it was more like a scheme.

Cubes
    Participant

heiscomingintheclouds,Aug. wrote:

Dear Cubes,

Thank you for your post sis. Are you right about policing? Should we must speak out? Just like that movie Constantine. If one child believes the lies in this movie, how many countless others also will believe it's poison. Should we not, when there are things that have the possiblity of an attack on the faith, be policing? I did not think anything about the movie or what it dealt with until I heard from the mouth of a youngster the lies that were in it and how this youngster took it to heart.

You spoke with the young person which is as it should be.  I would speak out too under such a 1:1 circumstance but not sure that I would picket Hollywood or Washington DC for the same reasons.  What I meant is that, while I don't believe that Christ prevents us from engaging in political life, picketing and even if necessary going to war, we should be careful not to  become more politically and congressionally (paliament) focused than we are prayerfully and heavenly focused. Our help does not come from D.C. it comes from YHWH who made heaven and earth.

Thus, IMO, fundamentally our approach and response to the world around us is to be through prayer and christian conduct.  On occasion, I might picket or sign a petition or vote for a certain political candidate… realizing the imperfect states of those processes.

…I think we should be policemen when it comes to attacks on the faith, especially when it pushes away unbelievers further from God.

How did Christ and the apostles handle such things?

I dare say that unbelievers are probably pushed away from Christianity more by our misconduct as professed Christians, than by the misconduct of the world.  It's just how the chip falls.  I strongly believe that when our conduct glorifies God and aligns with Christ's, it draws people to Christ… when it doesn't, or is powerless, it repels.  

We should fight the enemy on all fronts. He will attack us on all fronts, will he not? Yet, we must be led in all things by the Holy Spirit. When we try to do things without his lead, we are doing things of the flesh.

And yet, you seem to be opposed to Christians going to war, whereas, I hold your statement to be true even in that sense when absolutely necessary.

So when it comes to policing, let the Holy Spirit be the captain who leads us as to all actions and words.

Perhaps you need to clarify what you mean by “policing.”  
    IMO, the world serves a different master.  Period.  No amount of policing is going to change what they do, and we'd do better to focus on developing our own godly attitudes in our lives and those of our children.  Moreover, it is our responsibility to raise our children in a godly way, not society's.  No?  I do not give that responsibility to Congress, Hollywood, the “Church” or the school board.  But that's just me.

Dear Cubes,

Children are a reflection of society. It is the laws of the land that have become corrupted. Men no longer seek the things of God, but they seek the things of the flesh. Unless this nation turns from her evil ways, she will be destroyed. And the judgement that awaits her is far more greater then that of Sodom and Gommorah.

For to know the truth and deny it is worse then to never have known the truth at all. This nation once knew the ways of the Lord, but has turned her back for the love of the flesh. And the flesh will be consumed from off their bones. For her sins are grievous and the righteous are few.

So we can pray, by all means and we should. We should also fast. But pray and fast for the lost souls, for I believe the fate of this nation is sealed. So you are correct. What good will policing do?

I say all things are possible for them that trust in the Lord.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,00:33)
    Dear Cubes,

Children are a reflection of society. It is the laws of the land that have become corrupted. Men no longer seek the things of God, but they seek the things of the flesh. Unless this nation turns from her evil ways, she will be destroyed. And the judgement that awaits her is far more greater then that of Sodom and Gommorah.

For to know the truth and deny it is worse then to never have known the truth at all. This nation once knew the ways of the Lord, but has turned her back for the love of the flesh. And the flesh will be consumed from off their bones. For her sins are grievous and the righteous are few.

So we can pray, by all means and we should. We should also fast. But pray and fast for the lost souls, for I believe the fate of this nation is sealed. So you are correct. What good will policing do?

I say all things are possible for them that trust in the Lord.

Oh I don't know their may be some wheat left! And if one righteous person is here then we will be lifted out before the wrath comes. Such as righteous Lot. When the last elect are gathered and they will be saying peace and safety then the wrath comes. Amen?

Let us pray that all be saved. For it is the will of the Father that none should perish. So let us not concern ourselves with how many won't be saved or who won't be saved, let us pray that all be saved. For it is his will, even if we know, and he knows most will not be saved.

You are more then right Kenrch. Let us pray. Let us pray. Everywhere and everyway.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,22:21)
    Let us pray that all be saved. For it is the will of the Father that none should perish. So let us not concern ourselves with how many won't be saved or who won't be saved, let us pray that all be saved. For it is his will, even if we know, and he knows most will not be saved.

You are more then right Kenrch. Let us pray. Let us pray. Everywhere and everyway.

Amen!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account