The great apostasy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 281 total)
  • Author

I disagree Nick. I believe the world is the battle ground for the souls of men and there are two sides. Good and evil. Truth and lies. God said man can not eat ate his table and that too of the enemy. Jesus said in
    Revelation 3:16, so because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

I believe we are living in dangerous times. Times where lies and deceit are winning the battle over the truth, for the love of many has waxed cold. Misinformation is the treasure in most men's hearts. A man is either for God or against God. He cannot be both. If he is not for God, he is his enemy. If a man compromises the faith, he will be spewed from the mouth of the Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    All true.
    But the Spirit of God we need to shine the light of the bible to see the way.

It is the words of God manifested in us by his Spirit in the fleshly tablets of our heart that are the cornerstone of our faith and that faith is Christ Jesus. Only when our cup of self will is empty can we truly be full in Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The Words of God are above any individual human translation. They are the honest efforts of natural men to reveal meaning to us and we are grateful to those men. But the Spirit that wrote that Word is the real goal.

[ They are the honest efforts of natural men to reveal meaning to us and we are grateful to those men]

NATURAL MEN………..I don't think I will believe this one. It is the Holy Spirit in these men, the submissiveness by these men to the unction of the Holy Spirit that God's word is written. It has nothing to do with natural man, it has everything to do with man trying to be unnatural, peculiar, less of himself.

Sultan
    Participant

I just have one question for H. If the King James is infallible then why does it contradict the very languages it was translated from for example: Acts 12:4 (since you never truely addressed this)

And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Notice the word EASTER yet the texus receptus has this word in the greek as pascha wich means passover, and is translated as such throughout the New Testament of the KJV as well as the Old and New Testament of the Septuagint.

That my friend is a translational error in the KJV. Now please show us all through the power of the Holy Spirit that this point is invalid.

david
    Participant

Hey Sultan.
    Based on my questions to H, I strongly believe your question will either go completely unasnwered, or you will be directed to a site that may or may not have anything to do with your question.

Sultan
    Participant

David,
    I believe you may be right. We'll see.

Dear Sultan, sounds to me you are not using the same greek the translators used.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 17 2006,10:21)
    Dear Sultan, sounds to me you are not using the same greek the translators used.

Which Greek did the translaters use H? Give me the Greek word for Easter H.

kenrch
    Participant

Hi Sultan,

Good to hear from you again. I have a question regarding Easter. We all know that Easter is a pagan holiday. Rome remember was Pagan. Most Christian holidays have pagan roots. Would it be possible that Easter was placed beside Passover for the Roman pagan.

Just a thought.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 17 2006,11:56)
    Hi Sultan,

Good to hear from you again. I have a question regarding Easter. We all know that Easter is a pagan holiday. Rome remember was Pagan. Most Christian holidays have pagan roots. Would it be possible that Easter was placed beside Passover for the Roman pagan.

Just a thought.

Good to hear from you my brother. The issue being addressed is the infallibility of the KJV. Regardless of the intention this is still a translational error, which concludes that thte KJV is not infallible,and I am waiting for Hescomingintheclouds to prove from the original greek (texus receptus for the KJV) that Easter is a proper translation.

I know he's probably on Google right now trying to locate a response. :D :p :D

Easter is the proper translation. All the others have it wrong. The translaters purpose was not to make changes or to be bias. Their job was to be unbias and to be as according to those who wrote the OT. Their intention was to copy. They did not want to bring any influence of any sort or any biasness of any sort. They wanted to follow as closely to the tradition as those who had written the OT. That of the handed down from generation to generation tradition.

The words of our Lord come to my ears. He who is greatest will be least and the humble words that the translators say it all. I believe if a man truly has Christ in his heart, and Christ being the Word, then the man will know his Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    We would not expect any other reply from you. You will defend the KJV translation against all claims it is imperfect because your security depends on it being perfect. Seek the Spirit and you will not be so insecure. The KJV is not the rock we dig deep to build on but the living words of God are.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 17 2006,23:29)
    Easter is the proper translation. All the others have it wrong. The translaters purpose was not to make changes or to be bias. Their job was to be unbias and to be as according to those who wrote the OT. Their intention was to copy. They did not want to bring any influence of any sort or any biasness of any sort. They wanted to follow as closely to the tradition as those who had written the OT. That of the handed down from generation to generation tradition.

The words of our Lord come to my ears. He who is greatest will be least and the humble words that the translators say it all. I believe if a man truly has Christ in his heart, and Christ being the Word, then the man will know his Word.

Maybe you missed my questions. WHAT GREEK TEXT DID THEY USE, WHAT IS THE GREEK WORD FOR EASTER? Please answer the questions. I am not interested in your opinion. I love truth. So let's stick to the text, and not your personal opinion please.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (Sultan @ June 18 2006,00:46)

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 17 2006,23:29)

Maybe you missed my questions. WHAT GREEK TEXT DID THEY USE, WHAT IS THE GREEK WORD FOR EASTER? Please answer the questions. I am not interested in your opinion. I love truth. So let's stick to the text, and not your personal opinion please.

I am still waiting for my reply. Hescoming.

Easter celebrations were held hundreds of years before Christ was born as festivals of spring honoring Eostre, the great mother goddess of the Saxons. This name was fashioned after the ancient word for spring, Eastre. The goddess Ostara was the Norse equivalent whose symbols were the hare and the egg. From this comes our modern tradition of celebrating Easter with eggs and bunnies.

In the Mediterranean region, there was a pre-Christian spring celebration centered around the vernal equinox (March 20 or 21) that honored Cybele, the Phrygian goddess of fertility. Cybele’s consort, Attis, was considered born of a virgin and was believed to have died and been resurrected three days later. Attis derived his mythology from even earlier gods, Osiris, Dionysus, and Orpheus, who also were supposed to have been born of a virgin and suffered death and resurrection as long as 500 years before Christ was born. The death of Attis was commemorated on a Friday and the resurrection was celebrated three days later on Sunday.

There are other Easter traditions that are pagan in origin. The Easter sunrise service is derived from the ancient pagan practice of welcoming the sun on the morning of the spring equinox, marking the beginning of spring. What we now call Easter lilies were revered by the ancients as symbols of fertility and representative of the male genitalia. The ancient Babylonian religions had rituals involving dyed eggs as did the ancient Egyptians.

The Christian version of Easter is celebrated after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Modern day neo-pagans usually have their spring celebrations on the day of the equinox. Either way, these celebrations have gone on every year continuously for over 2500 years. So, next Sunday, if you go to an Easter sunrise service, hunt for colored eggs or eat marshmallow bunnies, remember you are indulging in pagan rituals that celebrate fertility and the advent of springtime!

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 25 2006,20:59)
    Easter celebrations were held hundreds of years before Christ was born as festivals of spring honoring Eostre, the great mother goddess of the Saxons. This name was fashioned after the ancient word for spring, Eastre. The goddess Ostara was the Norse equivalent whose symbols were the hare and the egg. From this comes our modern tradition of celebrating Easter with eggs and bunnies.

In the Mediterranean region, there was a pre-Christian spring celebration centered around the vernal equinox (March 20 or 21) that honored Cybele, the Phrygian goddess of fertility. Cybele’s consort, Attis, was considered born of a virgin and was believed to have died and been resurrected three days later. Attis derived his mythology from even earlier gods, Osiris, Dionysus, and Orpheus, who also were supposed to have been born of a virgin and suffered death and resurrection as long as 500 years before Christ was born. The death of Attis was commemorated on a Friday and the resurrection was celebrated three days later on Sunday.

There are other Easter traditions that are pagan in origin. The Easter sunrise service is derived from the ancient pagan practice of welcoming the sun on the morning of the spring equinox, marking the beginning of spring. What we now call Easter lilies were revered by the ancients as symbols of fertility and representative of the male genitalia. The ancient Babylonian religions had rituals involving dyed eggs as did the ancient Egyptians.

The Christian version of Easter is celebrated after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Modern day neo-pagans usually have their spring celebrations on the day of the equinox. Either way, these celebrations have gone on every year continuously for over 2500 years. So, next Sunday, if you go to an Easter sunrise service, hunt for colored eggs or eat marshmallow bunnies, remember you are indulging in pagan rituals that celebrate fertility and the advent of springtime!

H,
    You still have not answered my question concernig the KJV and the term Easter. Again the question is What is the greek word for easter, and what greek manuscripts did the KJV translators use?

david
    Participant

Excellent question Sultan. If “Easter” is the proper translation, from what Greek word is it translated?
    I feel strongly Sultan that you will only get silence.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We have already had the answer.
    The word was ADDED to scripture because of possible confusion.
    Naughty Naughty

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account