The great apostasy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Irene
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 01 2008,19:50)
    You naughty Sis.

I think you need to study Ancient History, you will then see that the Pop is Anti-Christ.
    Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    I studied much history and now I am completing the book “When Jesus became God”. You can not make everybody as Anti-christ you have to see the definition of Anti-christ first for making anybody as Anti-christ. Here it is in 1 Jn 4:2-3

2 “This is how you can know the Spirit of God: every spirit that acknowledges Jesus Christ come in the flesh be longs to God,
    3 and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus 2 does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the antichrist that, as you heard, is to come, but in fact is already in the world”

and also 2 Jn verse 7

7 “Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh; such is the deceitful one and the antichrist”

Now you decide who should be called as Anti-christ, other than this definiton we simply speculate on this topic.
    Peace to you.
    Adam

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2008,00:24)
    Hi Irene,
    I studied much history and now I am completing the book “When Jesus became God”. You can not make everybody as Anti-christ you have to see the definition of Anti-christ first for making anybody as Anti-christ. Here it is in 1 Jn 4:2-3

2 “This is how you can know the Spirit of God: every spirit that acknowledges Jesus Christ come in the flesh be longs to God,
    3 and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus 2 does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the antichrist that, as you heard, is to come, but in fact is already in the world”

and also 2 Jn verse 7

7 “Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh; such is the deceitful one and the antichrist”

Now you decide who should be called as Anti-christ, other than this definiton we simply speculate on this topic.
    Peace to you.
    Adam

Greetings G….I agree , there are and there will be more antichrists to come….To isolate one individual as an antichrist is to allow the minions of others to practice their trade without being noticed….

Irene
    Participant

Hi to All

I have no clue where the idea that the Antichrist would be such a charmer, that he would be able to convince the entire world to worship him, and all that in three and a half years, came from? I mean, have you really given that any thought? Even if there was such a guy, I would say in our time, impossible.

I'm sure you have heard the saying, “when you start out from the wrong premise, you come up with the wrong conclusion.” Case in point, Dan. 9:27.

Dan. 9:27 “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease…”

Why is this verse attributed to Antichrist? Doesn't anyone realise that this is the seventieth week, mentioned in Dan. 9:24? Jesus was baptized and anointed with the Holy Spirit at the end of the sixty ninth week; end of verse 24. The seventieth week, verse 27, was the week of his ministry, it lasted three and a half years, middle of the week. During the time of his ministry he confirmed, preached, the new covenant to many, all over Judea. In the middle of the week he was cut off, he died. His death on the cross, his sacrifice, did away with the old covenant and its regulations, caused all other sacrifices and oblations-offerings- to cease, to stop. Not that they did, because the Jews did not believe Jesus was the Messiah.
    What Jesus did, he did once for all.

Heb. 10:10 “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.”

With his sacrifice he forgave us all our sins.

Col. 2:13 “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES.”

That is why the Mass sacrifice of the Catholic Church is such an abomination.

Dan. 9:27 “…and for the overspreading of abomination (mass sacrifice) he (Antichrist) shall make it (Christs sacrifice) desolate (destroy the true meaning of it)…”

And the Mass sacrifice has spread, is celebrated, all over the world.
    There is no other sacrifice that can out do, can replace, or is even necessary, for our sins.
    The individual pope may not look, or act like, of what we thing Antichrist would be, it is what he represents that is evil. Look at the history of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, beginning with the sixth Century, how they persecuted the saints.
    The pope has on his crown written in Latin that he is the “Vicar of the son of God”, that alone is blaspheme.
    I will admit, truth is sometimes hard to take.

IM4Truth

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 02 2008,02:47)
    “Vicar of the son of God”, that alone is blaspheme.

IM4,
    What does this “Vicar of the son of God” mean?

Irene
    Participant

Hi, Not3in1

Vicar: a person who acts in place of another.
    Kings used to send a Vicar, in their stead, today the President would either send the V.P. or the Secretary of State.
    You don't hear popes make the kind of claims they used to make before people were able to buy bibles. In fact, it was the pope that would not allow the bible to be read, even if you could get your hands on one; if you were caught reading ,or owning one, you were dead.
    Popes used to sell indulgences, that is, for an amount of money, a number of your sins were forgiven.
    Kings and peasants alike, feared an excommunication from the Church, it was as good as being send to hell. For a big enough donation the pope would give you a certificate that would guarantee you a place in heaven.
    In the early years the papacy was sold, bought, and even killed for. Popes would keep prostitutes in the Vatican, and even make their illegitimate children their successor.
    I wonder how many people know the history of the popes and the Catholic Church?

IM4Truth

Irene
    Participant

Bump for Mandy

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 02 2008,05:31)

Quote (Irene @ July 02 2008,02:47)
    “Vicar of the son of God”, that alone is blaspheme.

IM4,
    What does this “Vicar of the son of God” mean?

Greetings Mandy…..”The Vicar of Christ” is one of the many titles the Pope claims for himself….

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 02 2008,00:48)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2008,00:24)
    Hi Irene,

and also 2 Jn verse 7

Peace to you.
    Adam

Greetings G….I agree , there are and there will be more antichrists to come….To isolate one individual as an antichrist is to allow the minions of others to practice their trade without being noticed….

Hi theodorej,
    Thanks for your response, yes I also believe that many anti-christs will come as also Jesus prophesied in Matt 24:24 as 'false Christs'
    peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Im4
    You say
    “What Jesus did, he did once for all.

Heb. 10:10 “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL.”

With his sacrifice he forgave us all our sins.”

Yes.

His death was sufficient for the sins of all men
    But in context the OUR is those in the body of Christ.

Irene
    Participant

Hello Nick

So you're saying that those who are not of the body of Christ need the mass sacrifice?

IM4Truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi IM4,
    Their claims to sacrificing Christ daily at their Mass is an insult to God.
    Being a member of the body of Christ is not related to being in their happy clubs.
    The letters of the apostles are written to those who have been reborn into Christ Jesus.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 01 2008,15:57)
    I find it rather sad that prophecy does not get any attention. Why have you Nick not come back and discuss what my Husband said? Is it more important to talk about Satan? Or the trinity which has gone around and around? Oh, well my Husband tried this before and stopped posting. Will it happen again?
    Irene

Greetings Irene….Why does there have to be consequences when your husbands interpretation of prophesy creates discourse and in some cases disagreement….My own feeling is that I agree with most of your husbands interpretations….having said that,He is not always correct and for that reason this forum is in fact a class room for the exchange of Ideas,however, one must come with an open mind and a willingness to learn as well as teach…

Irene
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 05 2008,05:57)

I find it rather sad that prophecy does not get any attention. Why have you Nick not come back and discuss what my Husband said? Is it more important to talk about Satan? Or the trinity which has gone around and around? Oh, well my Husband tried this before and stopped posting. Will it happen again?
    Irene

Greetings Irene….Why does there have to be consequences when your husbands interpretation of prophesy creates discourse and in some cases disagreement….My own feeling is that I agree with most of your husbands interpretations….having said that,He is not always correct and for that reason this forum is in fact a class room for the exchange of Ideas,however, one must come with an open mind and a willingness to learn as well as teach…

I agree with what you are saying, but why do you disagree what I said. All I wanted that Nick would answer my Husband when He did not do so, that's all. Months before my Husband put up several New Treads on prophecy and had no reply's and that discouraged Him, and that is why He has not been posting at all. So I was asking Nick what I did.
    I have taken over in most, except Phophecy, which I don't understand to well.
    Look up His Post under IM4Truth if you want.
    Pecase and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 01 2008,00:33)
    Hi Nick!  

I see there are 20 pages but I want to respond to your initual post.
    The apostasy in my Bible is referred to as the great falling away from the truth.
    Apostasy is not nessesarly rejecting truth, it is giving up truth under threat of torture or death.
    The persecution under the Romans had nothing to do with giving up truth, they didn't care what
    anyone believed as long as you would worship the emperor.
    But the image of the beast, the beast was Rome, the image was the Pope and his Church, he is called the image of Rome, because he structured his way of ruling after the Roman government, he forced people to believe his doctrine or die.
    And yes, the Pope set himself up in the spiritual temple of God, the Saints, obey him, exept his doctrine or die.
    It is estimated that the Popes are responsible for the death of 50 million Saints.
    And if that many died for their faith, how many should we guess gave up their faith out
    of fear of torture and death? Two, three times as many, or more?
    He was worshiped and feared by the whole world, he is no longer feared now, because the Pope no
    longer rules. His reign lasted from 565 A.D. till 1825 A.D.
    And yes, the pope is the Antichrist.

IM4Truth

Hi Um4,
    Apostasy is apostacy for whatever reason.
    Torture may be one such reason but following deception is probably much more common today. The wide road has always been more popular.
    I cannot say your views on who is what,
    are true or not.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 05 2008,06:33)

Quote (theodorej @ July 05 2008,05:57)

Irene

I agree with what you are saying, but why do you disagree what I said. All I wanted that Nick would answer my Husband when He did not do so, that's all. Months before my Husband put up several New Treads on prophecy and had no reply's and that discouraged Him, and that is why He has not been posting at all. So I was asking Nick what I did.
    I have taken over in most, except Phophecy, which I don't understand to well.
    Look up His Post under IM4Truth if you want.
    Pecase and Love Irene

Greetings Irene…..Iam not disagreeing with what you said my issue was with the exacting of consequences for ones lack of a response…..As I see it, there are times when your husband comes forth with some very complex interpretations that are needing of time to study so as to either agree or disagree

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2008,07:36)

Quote (Irene @ July 01 2008,00:33)
    Hi Nick!  

I see there are 20 pages but I want to respond to your initual post.
    The apostasy in my Bible is referred to as the great falling away from the truth.
    Apostasy is not nessesarly rejecting truth, it is giving up truth under threat of torture or death.
    The persecution under the Romans had nothing to do with giving up truth, they didn't care what
    anyone believed as long as you would worship the emperor.
    But the image of the beast, the beast was Rome, the image was the Pope and his Church, he is called the image of Rome, because he structured his way of ruling after the Roman government, he forced people to believe his doctrine or die.
    And yes, the Pope set himself up in the spiritual temple of God, the Saints, obey him, exept his doctrine or die.
    It is estimated that the Popes are responsible for the death of 50 million Saints.
    And if that many died for their faith, how many should we guess gave up their faith out
    of fear of torture and death? Two, three times as many, or more?
    He was worshiped and feared by the whole world, he is no longer feared now, because the Pope no
    longer rules. His reign lasted from 565 A.D. till 1825 A.D.
    And yes, the pope is the Antichrist.

IM4Truth

Hi Um4,
    Apostasy is apostacy for whatever reason.
    Torture may be one such reason but following deception is probably much more common today. The wide road has always been more popular.
    I cannot say your views on who is what,
    are true or not.

Greetings Nick…..An Apostasy can take many forms…I would think that the children of Israel while in the desert committed an apostasy by molding the golden calf,in addition the apostolic church committed an apostasy at the councel of Nicea and modern day christianity as whole has committed an apostasy by virtue of the creation of mass confusion which is born out by the number of so called christian churches…Truth can be found in the company of the called out ones…The true church of God….Of which Iam in search of..

Irene
    Participant

Hi All

In 2 Thes. 2:, Paul explains to the brethren, that they should not look for the return of Jesus Christ so soon, verses 1,2.
    In verse 3 he says that Christ would not return before the falling away, and the man of sin be revealed. This individual would exalt himself above everyone else, even claim to be god, and have the power of god, verse 4.
    Some of the earlier popes have made that claim.
    Paul also told the brethren, that for the time being something was holding him back to take full charge, verse 7. This something was some one, the emperor. The Roman Emperor ruled not only over the state, he ruled over all religions too; he was “Pontifax Maximus”, Chief religious ruler. And only after he was taken out of the way, would the man of sin, Antichrist, take over. His brutal and merciless ruling would identify him as the one.
    It was when the emperor Justinian died in 565 A.D., the last emperor of the east and the west, the pope of Rome could claim the title, “Pontifax Maximus”, pontiff for short. The pope became the image of the beast, Rome being the beast, because he structured his church after the Roman government.

IM4Truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    From wikipedia.
    Apostasy (IPA: /əˈpɒstəsi/) is the formal abandonment or renunciation of one's religion, especially if the motive is deemed unworthy. In a technical sense, as used sometimes by sociologists without the pejorative connotations of the word, the term refers to renunciation and criticism of, or opposition to one's former religion. One who commits apostasy is an apostate, or one who apostatises. The word derives from Greek αποστασία, meaning a defection or revolt, from απο, apo, “away, apart”, στασις, stasis, “standing”.

Irene
    Participant

Nick, is that where your understanding of scripture comes from?

IM4Truth

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account