The gift of tongues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 438 total)
  • Author
    Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

If those who cannot speak with other tongues or languages, why would they fear to lose control , if they wanted to speak with other languages?

You seem to imply that those who do not speak in other language would fear to lose control , if they speak in other languages.

Do you loose control while speaking in another language, and do you understand what your saying in another language?

Will you answer those questions for me, and not dodge them? A yes or no would do nicely.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    You cannot see the kingdom until you have been born from above. Men fear what they do not understand. They prefer neat and tidy traditional religoius rituals and services because they are in control. If they really loved God they would realise they can understand nothing spiritual and do nothing useful until they have gone through the gate and been empowered by the Spirit. Tongues is only one of these blessings.
    What is the message of Yeshua?
    He said 'follow me'.
    He was empowered by the Spirit of Yahweh.
    We should seek that blessing too.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

Again, you dodged and avoided the questions as you always do.

Can you not answer a simple yes or no of the questions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Surely you know the answers to these questions because you imply you are familiar with the work of the Spirit. If you do not know perhaps you should seek this blessing from Yahweh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 01 2005,05:48)
    Nick,

If those who cannot speak with other tongues or languages, why would they fear to lose control , if they wanted to speak with other languages?

You seem to imply that those who do not speak in other language would fear to lose control , if they speak in other languages.

Do you loose control while speaking in another language, and do you understand what your saying in another language?

Will you answer those questions for me, and not dodge them?   A yes or no would do nicely.

Hi eliyah,
    If you also have the gift of interpretation of tongues then you could also understand the tongue. Otherwise you would not. Tongues bypass the natural mind. They are the voice of the Spirit in us calling out to Yahweh;
    “Abba. Father”

Eliyah
    Participant

Answer my questions Nick, or otherwise stop beating your gumbs of accusations, as no one can have a discussion with you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 01 2005,03:10)
    Nick, again you twist my words and mis-understand my posts.

Paul makes it plain in Rom.Chapter 8, that those who   mind the things of the flesh, do not have the spirit, and are hostile or enimity against Yah and His Law, and do not want to be subject to Yah's laws, and neither indeed can they be.( Rom.8:5-8).

Again, will you not take the time to look into the scriptures given, or will you continually ignore, twist and mis-understand my words as you normally do?

Go back and take the time to re-read that POST OF MINE, because a person cannot please nor obey Yah and His Laws without Yah's true spirit is within that person, and that is the reason people are an enemy( Rom.8:7) against Yah and His law, and Paul makes that plain.

This is also WHY those of the flesh, do not produce the fruits of the spirit of Yah's righteousness( Gal.5:22), and all Yah's Commandments are righteousness( Psalms 119:172), and all His Commandments can only be fulfilled through His Spirit, and against such fruits of the spirit( Gal.5:22), there is no law( Gal.5:23).

Now, I'm almost certain you will twist and mis-understand my words above too, however, I think maybe that ONESPIRIT does understand them.

You better go back and re-read my TOPIC POST again.

Hi eliyah,

You are wrong. When you say misquoting Romans 8
    “those who mind the things of the flesh do not have the Spirit”.
    They may do but choose not to walk according to the Spirit. All the letters of Paul were written to the saved and not the unsaved. So all who are saved have the choice whether they will continue to walk according to their flesh or the Spirit they have received in their rebirth. They are advised to make the right choice.

Gal 5.25
    ” If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit”
    Rom 8.3f
    “..He condemned sin in the flesh so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit”
    Rom 8.13
    “for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die, but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God”

Eliyah
    Participant

Listen you mis-understanding ignoramous, I never said that those who were in the flesh had the spirit.

I said that those who walked in the spirit served the spiritual LAW OF YAH with the mind as Paul did ( Rom,7:25) which is the same spiritual law of Messiah as He lives in us to FULFILL THE RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENTS OF THE LAW( Rom.8)

How can the righteous requirements of the law be fulfilled in us, it you do not serve the law of Yah in your mind as Paul said and did in ( Rom.7:25)??

Your posts here should belong in THE OTHER TOPIC not this one you ignoramous, you must be losing it, because you keep posting the wrong subject in the wrong topic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 01 2005,03:10)
    Paul makes it plain in Rom.Chapter 8, that those who   mind the things of the flesh, do not have the spirit, .

Hi eliyah,
    Blessings to you. This is what you did say is it not?

Eliyah
    Participant

You fit that catagory because you are an enemy against Yah and His Laws Rom.( 8:7). as Paul said.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Rom 2.1f
    ” Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgement..”

Eliyah
    Participant

No one is passing judgment on you, your own words judge yourself as Messiah said.

You fit that catagory because you are an enemy against Yah and His Laws Rom.( 8:7). as Paul said

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Acts 10.44
    ” Whoile Peter was still speaking these words the Holy Spirit fell upon those who were listening to the message. All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the gentiles also. For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God”

Such is scriptural evidence of the Holy Spirit.

Eliyah
    Participant

As the Pentecostal's say…

“” Baptized in the holy ghost with the evidence of speaking with other unknown tongues. “” Unquote.

Show me where that statement is in the scriptures?

That statement is no where in the scriptures at all, but they still think that it is.

It is very evident, that you teach Pentecostalism in doctrine.

Eliyah
    Participant

The tongues or languages in the scriptures were NOT unknown tongues or languages, and ONESPIRIT pointed this out yesterday, that the evidence of the spirit is the fruits of the spirit( Gal.5:22), and not speaking in unknown tongues or languages as Pentecostalism claims.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Well you seem to know about the fruits. Do you know Mk 16.17
    ” These signs will accompany those who have believed;in my name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover”

Eliyah
    Participant

This is why Nick dodged the question asked by ONESPIRIT, and also dodged my questions asked last night.

Those is Pentecostalism( as there are several Denominations arround me here) go sometimes wildly out of control and mumble gibberish which even they do not understand, and neither does anyone else understand them either, and Paul spoke against doing such in public in ( 1 Cor.14).

“” Baptized with the holy ghost, and with the evidence of speaking in unknown tongues.””

Jimmy Swaggart( Masues man) coined that phrase very well, however, such a statement is not to be found in the scriptures.

Eliyah
    Participant

It says,

“” they will speak with NEW tongues or languages””, NOT with un-known tongues of gibberish.

Eliyah
    Participant

Its no wonder that you twist my words, and every Pentecostal follower that I have met will do basically the same, as they do the same arround here too.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

I have a photo memory, I never forget anything or anyone, and I investigated Jimmy Swaggart's doctrines in the 1980s, and he was later found out and exposed, as he accused Jim Baker( who went to Prison), and he himself was doing the very same things that he accused Jim Baker of doing.

Jim Baker even used the people's money that was sent to him, he even used it to buy an air conditioner to put in his dog house, and all those poor people out there went without food and clothing, and all that money wasted for their own gains.

The love of money is the root of all evil, and even in religious denominations too.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 438 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account