The gift of tongues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 438 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Sep. 30 2005,02:17)
    They are in complete control, not out of control or overcome by the spirit.

Hi eliyah.
    Do you walk by the Spirit?[Gal 5.16,5.25]

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

You seem to be confused concerning Paul's assertation about the law of circumcission Gal.5:2, and not only that, but you also seem to be confused about what Paul meant by ” not being under the curse or death penality of the law( Gal.3:13) ” , which he speaks about ” as the death penality, or penality of death( Rom.Chapter 4 and 5) that Messiah has redeemed us from that second death penality that the law demands because of sin / ie- transgressions( 1 John 3:4), but he does not say that the law of Yah is of none effect or void through faith( Rom.3:31).

There is a big difference between ” the law of the flesh and death “( Rom.7:21, 23) that Paul speaks about different from The Law of Yah( Rom.7:22) which most everyone confuses to mean the same, however, they are not the same law.

Just because we walk in the Spirit, and are not fulfilling the law of the flesh Rom.7:21), does not mean we are not to fulfill the law of Yah( Rom.7:22) through that same walk in the Spirit( Gal.5:16) as you seem to be confusing.

You had better get your scriptural definitions straight, and stop confusing Paul's writings as Peter said concerning Paul's writings that people TWIST to their own destruction in ( 2 Peter 15-16).

Will you continue to not look up my scriptures that I give to you, or will you also twist what I say and write again too?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Perhaps you did not understand the question. How do you experience the Spirit of Yahweh, the Spirit of power and grace in your life? Intellectual musings are fun but Yahweh wants people to show His power on earth.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

My wife asks “” Are you like speedy Gonzallas, that you looked up all those scriptures in my post above in 4 seconds flat ? “”

HalleluYAH for my wife.

Nick, it doesn't matter what I tell you concerning my experience by the Spirit and Power of Yahweh, as you do not even take the time to really read my posts or even listen, and especially to look up the scriptures that I give.

Speedy Gonzallas??, ariva, ariva, ondalay, ondalay!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    It is important that we compare apples with apples do you not agree? Unless we share the same understanding and experience of the Spirit then we cannot dialogue. If you do not know the power of Yahweh's Spirit in your life then all we are doing is talking at cross purposes. Wasted breath and energy on intellectual theories. You surely want to dialogue do you not or is informing others of what you 'know' all there is for you?

Eliyah
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    It is important that we compare apples with apples do you not agree? Unless we share the same understanding and experience of the Spirit then we cannot dialogue. If you do not know the power of Yahweh's Spirit in your life then all we are doing is talking at cross purposes. Wasted breath and energy on intellectual theories. You surely want to dialogue do you not or is informing others of what you 'know' all there is for you?

I already told you, I cannot have a discussion with you, as you continually twist my words then you insult me with your perverted remarks of thinking, then you say that you have Yahweh's true Spirit?

Well, the Desciple Peter said, thay Yah only gives His true Spirit TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM( Acts 5:32), which is very evident in your own words of writings that you do not obey His Words which you claim that you do, but your twisted speaking to me prove otherwise.

NickHassan
    Participant

ah well….

OneSpirit
    Participant

Nick wrote:

Hi eliyah.

Did you read the rest of the chapter?  Here's what Paul considers “walking in the Spirit”:

Galatians 5:
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Do you see anything in here about tongues?  No, the “fruit of the Spirit” is righteousness.  That is how the Judge will separate the wheat from the chaff, not by looking for people who “speak in tongues”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (OneSpirit @ Sep. 30 2005,20:09)
    Nick wrote:

Hi eliyah.

Did you read the rest of the chapter?  Here's what Paul considers “walking in the Spirit”:

Galatians 5:
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Do you see anything in here about tongues?  No, the “fruit of the Spirit” is righteousness.  That is how the Judge will separate the wheat from the chaff, not by looking for people who “speak in tongues”.

Hi OS,
    Why did you think I was talking to eliyah about tongues?

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

As I said before, You ignore the scriptures in my posts , for IF you had noticed under my topic called THE VINE and do we obey as He did, that I listed ( Gal.5:22) as the fruit of the spirit, but as always, you ignore my scriptures given in my posts.

Go re-read under my Topic called Do You obey the Father Yah as the True VINE did ?, and you will see this comparison of ( Matt.15) with ( Gal.5:22) and the friuts of the spirit that ONESPIRIT mentions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Sep. 30 2005,05:18)

Hi eliyah,

I already told you, I cannot have a discussion with you, as you continually twist my words then you insult me with your perverted remarks of thinking, then you say that you have Yahweh's true Spirit?

Well, the Desciple Peter said, thay Yah only gives His true Spirit TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM( Acts 5:32), which is very evident in your own words of writings that you do not obey His Words which you claim that you do, but your twisted speaking to me prove otherwise.

Hi eliyah
    Acts 5.32
    ” And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him”

So you say that obedience to God is how the Holy Spirit is received? Perhaps you would say obedience to the ten commandments?

No. The obedience God demands is that we be reborn into the Son and then the essential Spirit is given to those who ask.

This is the Spirit that can be known and experienced and is not a theoretical blessing that we know we have because someone has told us we should have.

The Spirit is the power to demonstrate God's reality to the world such, as has been shown by the gift of tongues. It is the power given to heal and give wisdom and set free and bless men in all ways now till the return of Christ himself.

Do you believe and experience these things?.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It seems very common to deny the power of God among God's people. It reduces following Christ to a philosophy, an empty and theoretical religion. It was never meant to be like this in the early or the latter days. God has not changed or changed His mind about His blessings given to help man.
    2 Tim 3,5
    ” holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power”

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick, again you twist my words and mis-understand my posts.

Paul makes it plain in Rom.Chapter 8, that those who mind the things of the flesh, do not have the spirit, and are hostile or enimity against Yah and His Law, and do not want to be subject to Yah's laws, and neither indeed can they be.( Rom.8:5-8).

Again, will you not take the time to look into the scriptures given, or will you continually ignore, twist and mis-understand my words as you normally do?

Go back and take the time to re-read that POST OF MINE, because a person cannot please nor obey Yah and His Laws without Yah's true spirit is within that person, and that is the reason people are an enemy( Rom.8:7) against Yah and His law, and Paul makes that plain.

This is also WHY those of the flesh, do not produce the fruits of the spirit of Yah's righteousness( Gal.5:22), and all Yah's Commandments are righteousness( Psalms 119:172), and all His Commandments can only be fulfilled through His Spirit, and against such fruits of the spirit( Gal.5:22), there is no law( Gal.5:23).

Now, I'm almost certain you will twist and mis-understand my words above too, however, I think maybe that ONESPIRIT does understand them.

You better go back and re-read my TOPIC POST again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Would it not be easier to just address the questions asked? Constant complaining is wasted words. Clearly you are familiar with the gift of tongues as you have shared about them so what is your personal experience of them?

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

I was answering you back concerning what you said earlier to me.

And also,

Hi OS,
    Why did you think I was talking to eliyah about tongues?

You seem to hopskotch arround from one subject to another, but you ignore my scriptural posts in answer to you back, like you did just then, in my answer back to you.

I get perceive that you know i'm correct concerning Rom.8:7 , but your the one person who brought it up to me concerning the fruits of the spirit( Gal.5).

Then, you suddenly switch subjects, after your the one who brings another subject up to begin with.

Why is that Nick, to avoid the scriptural answer I returned back you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (OneSpirit @ Sep. 30 2005,20:09)
    Nick wrote:

Hi eliyah.

Galatians 5:

Hi OS,
    The gift of tongues and all the other gifts, are given for our benefit now. They are to help us and to help our fellow man and to show the reality of God to unbelievers.

The fruit of the Spirit, or the nature of Christ, is also to be sought and to be built into us to make us like unto the righteous Master.

1Cor 12.31
    ” But earnestly desire the greater gifts..”
    2Peter 1.5
    ” Now for this very reason also ,applying all diligence , in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence ,knowledge [ etc]….”

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

Tongues or languages “” IS NOT THE EVIDENCE””, as many Pentecostal's use that term, to prove a person has the Spirit of Yah, however, the fruits of the spirit( Gal.5:22) is a sign of Yah's Spirit.

Hi eliyah,
    Would it not be easier to just address the questions asked? Constant complaining is wasted words. Clearly you are familiar with the gift of tongues as you have shared about them so what is your personal experience of them?

Nick, I do not speak in a Language in public that I cannot interpret( 1 Cor.14:13) to others, for it is useless to speak to others in a language which they cannot understand.

Where I live here, there are several dialects of English, as one can go a few mountains over , and some people will speak a different dialect of English .

My wife is from Canada, and Her primary language is French, tho. She can speak English too, however, She has a hard time understanding the different dialects of English here, and I have to translate and explain to Her what some people here mean and say.

However, Her and I both communicate in BOTH Languages of English and French, but she cannot understand Hebrew, so it is futile for me to use that Language to Her, but she occasionally hears me speak Hebrew when I'm asleep, as I hear Her speak in French when She is Asleep.

There are several different English dialects here, and each dialect has its own meanings concerning English words, and those who are not familiar with these English dialects are completely lost as to what these people are saying and meaning when they speak.

Tho if I pray in a tongue or language I would rather know the meaning, so I can have understanding rather than not to understand for to be useful to my understanding.

Now, what will you do to my words ABOVE, twist them also to mean something else, that I'm not intending, as you normally do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Tongues is not for our understanding but that of others perhaps. It is a good example of the Spirit using us and our body in the service of Yahweh. People are afraid of losing control but the walk is of submission to The Spirit and tongues helps us learn that.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

How can people who know and use other tongues or languages be afraid of losing control?

Those in the scriptures as explained by Paul in ( 1 Cor. Chapter 12 through Chapter 14) were not out of control through the Spirit.

Such thinking as losing control is entirely foreign to the scriptures, as the many Pentecostal Groups seem to be unaware of too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 01 2005,04:37)
    Nick,

How can people who know and use other tongues or languages be afraid of losing control?

Those in the scriptures as explained by Paul in ( 1 Cor. Chapter 12 through Chapter 14) were not out of control through the Spirit.

Such thinking as losing control is entirely foreign to the scriptures, as the many Pentecostal Groups seem to be unaware of too.

Hi eliyah,
    As is your custom you misunderstand my words again. Those who know the gift of tongues are the ones who learn not to fear losing control. Those who donot seek the gifts are the fearful. We can produce nothing of ourselves. Like the Son had to learn submission we have to learn to be used by the Spirit of the Father to be useful to Him. In this way we follow the Son.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 438 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account