The four Horsemen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

The First Seal:
    Rev. 6:2 “And I saw, and behold a white horse; and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him; and he went forth conquering and to conquer.”

If you’re not careful you may think this rider is the same as in

Rev. 19:11 “And I saw heaven, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.”

v. 12 “His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.”

v. 15 “And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations…”

This rider is Jesus Christ. The main differences between these two riders are their weapons by which they will conquer. The first rider is holding a bow, a symbol of violence and war. Although he tries to appear as Christ, second rider; he is in fact the Antichrist, the imposter. He forces people to worship and obey him. Christ’s weapon on the other hand is the sword coming out of his mouth, symbolizing the Word of God.

Heb. 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper then any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Jesus tried to warn us about him.

Mat. 24:4 “And Jesus answered and said unto them, take heed that no man deceive you.”

Jesus will bring us peace;

Is. 2:4 “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”

Antichrist has brought us the other three riders.

The Second Seal:
    Rev. 6:4 “ And there went out another horse that was red; and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth; and that they should kill one another; and there was given unto him a great sword.”

Jesus spoke of this rider too.

Matt. 24:6 “ And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of war; see that ye be not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.”

v. 7 “ For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom and there shall be famine, and pestilences and earthquakes in divers places.”

Is there any doubt we have been living in the wake of this rider? And what are the fruits of war?

The Third Seal:
    Rev. 6:5 “And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.”

v. 6 “ And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beast say, a measure of wheat for a penny, and three measure of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.”

Why not hurt the oil and the wine? In ancient time, oil and wine was the only medicine for curing and healing wounds; remember the Good Samaritan?

Luke 10:33 “But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came were he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him.”

v. 34 “And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.”

It is no secret that during war food becomes scares and expensive; lack of food causes sickness, disease, and death; and that is what rider number 4 pictures:

The Fourth Seal:
    Rev. 6:8 “ And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell (the grave) followed with him. And power was given unto them (the four horsemen) over the fourth part of the earth (people), to kill with sword and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts (Kingdoms) of the earth.”

Death and hell are inseparable; you die, some one will put you in your hell, your grave. These “beasts” are not the wild beasts of the forest and jungles; they only kill when they’re hungry. These “beasts of the earth” are kings, or governments of the people. “Beast” is a metaphor for government. It has always been these “beasts”, and still are, that have started a war for one reason or another. The killing used to be done with sword and spear; today we have made great progress in the art of killing; the choices of weapons are so numerous; their destructive powers are so total you have to wonder why does anyone still want to fight? But since no nation wants to be dominated by another, we will have no peace (v.4). If we were to add up all the casualties of all the wars, military, civilians, death by starvation, and disease, we would come up with a fourth of all the population easily. The white horseman, the imposter, did not bring us peace; in fact, he is responsible for much of the blood shedding. The bad news is, these four riders will keep on riding till Jesus will stop them. The good news is; the cloud of dust Christ’s white horse is stirring up is already visible on the horizon.

Georg

toby
    Participant

Hi George.

The First White Horse:

One Interesting point of view:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

Irenaeus, an influential Christian theologian of the second century, was among the first to interpret this horseman as Christ himself, his white horse representing the successful spread of the gospel. Various scholars have since supported this theory, citing the later appearance, in Revelation 19, of Christ mounted on a white horse, appearing as The Word of God. Furthermore, earlier in the New Testament, the Book of Mark indicates that the advance of the gospel may indeed precede and foretell the apocalypse. The color white also tends to represent righteousness in the Bible, and Christ is in other instances portrayed as a conqueror.  However, opposing interpretations argue that the first of the four horsemen is probably not the horseman of Revelation 19. They are described in significantly different ways, and Christ's role as the Lamb who opens the seven seals makes it unlikely that he would also be one of the forces released by the seals.

Besides Christ, the horseman could represent the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit was understood to have come upon the Apostles at Pentecost after Jesus' departure from earth. The appearance of the Lamb in Revelation 5 shows the triumphant arrival of Jesus in heaven, and the white horseman could represent the sending of the Holy Spirit by Jesus and the advance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

toby
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Dec. 31 2011,19:33)
    The First Seal:
    Rev. 6:2   “And I saw, and behold a white horse; and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him; and he went forth conquering and to conquer.”

The word Overcome and Overcoming were the original words – later translated to the word Conquer and Conquering. Sometimes a word can make a lot of difference.  

New International Version (©1984)
    I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Bible in Basic English
    And I saw a white horse, and he who was seated on it had a bow; and there was given to him a crown: and he went out with power to overcome.

Young's Literal Translation
    and I saw, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a bow, and there was given to him a crown, and he went forth overcoming, and that he may overcome.

OVERCOME……

-I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you (Luke 10:19)  
    -But take heart! I have overcome the world (John 16:33)
    -And I saw a white horse, and he who was seated on it had a bow; and there was given to him a crown: and he went out with power to overcome (Rev 6:2)
    -I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one (1st John 2:13)
    Who is able to overcome the world but the man who has faith that Jesus is the Son of God? (1st John 5:5)
    -But in all these things we overcome, because of him that hath loved us (Romans 8:27)
    -But praise be to God who gives us strength to overcome through our Lord Jesus Christ (1st Corinthians 15:57)
    -Then you will be able to take a stand during these evil days. Once you have overcome all obstacles, you will be able to stand your ground (Ephesians 6:13)
    -But praise be to God who makes us strong to overcome in Christ (2nd Corinthians 2:14)
    -He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches: He that shall overcome, shall not be hurt by the second death (Rev 2:11)
    -And he that shall overcome, and keep my works unto the end, I will give him power over the nations. (Rev 2:26)
    He that shall overcome, shall thus be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name (Rev 3:5)
    He that shall overcome, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; and he shall go out no more; and I will write upon him the name of my God (Rev 3:12)
    To him that shall overcome, I will give to sit with me in my throne: as I also have overcome, and am set down with my Father in his throne (Rev 3:21)
    -and they have overcome him by reason of the blood of the Lamb, and by reason of the word of their testimony, and have not loved their life even unto death (Rev 12:11)
    those who had overcome the beast and his image and the number of his name (Rev 15:2)
    He that shall overcome shall possess these things, and I will be his God; and he shall be my son (Rev 21:7)

——————————————————

and I saw, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a bow, and there was given to him a crown, and he went forth overcoming, and that he may overcome.

Pastry
    Participant

toby

A bow is a weapon; this rider conquered by force; Jesus forces no one, he teaches righteousness, and leaves it up to the individual to listen and obey, or not.

Have you ever read how the pope dealt with those that opposed him?

Rev 13:11 ¶ And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Beast is a Bible term to describe a ruler, or government.
    This ruler came out of the earth, from among the people, because he was no ruler or king, neither did he have a kingdom.

Notice, he tried to appear as Christ the Lamb, but what he spoke, his doctrines, was of the devil.

A horn stands for power; rulers have power. he in fact ruled over Church and State, TWO horns.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Any idea who ruled over church AND State from 565 AD till the time of Napoleon?
    Any idea who persecuted and killed all who would not except his doctrines?

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Did you know that the Vatican finally abolished TORTURE in 1834?

This is you rider with the bow.

Georg

toby
    Participant

George, it says a bow but no arrows, where does it say the rider conquered with force?

White represents purity, and when one thing represents something, it doesn't change.  The word is Overcome and Overcoming.  Look at the verses I gave you.

I hear what you're saying about the Pope and Vatican. I don't know enough about it though to comment.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (toby @ Jan. 01 2012,06:58)
    George, it says a bow but no arrows, where does it say the rider conquered with force?

White represents purity, and when one thing represents something, it doesn't change.  The word is Overcome and Overcoming.  Look at the verses I gave you.

I hear what you're saying about the Pope and Vatican.  I don't know enough about it though to comment.

Hi Toby

THE FIRST SEAL – THE WHITE HORSE
    Rev 6:1
    And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many

THE WHITE HORSE
    The crusades. Christianity spread by force. Christ’s name spread throughout the world, but not with truth. Nevertheless, Christ name spread. Many came in his name, declaring him, but deceiving many (false religion)

Remember when Christ first came? He said he did not come to judge but to send peace. He came to bring the good news of the kingdom of God. Since then, his name has travelled throughout the whole earth. And his name spread very fast on a large scale during the crusades. Just about every one has heard of Christ's name, starting from then, the first crusade, with many to follow.

I copied and pasted just a snippet from the Wikipedia encyclopaedia, but you can look up history for yourself as there is so much information and more crusades to follow.

The First Crusade (1096–1099) was a military expedition by Western Christianity to regain the Holy Lands taken in the Muslim conquests of the Levant.

During the crusade, knights and peasants from many nations of Western Europe travelled over land and by sea, first to Constantinople and then on towards Jerusalem, as crusaders;

Because the First Crusade was largely concerned with Jerusalem, a city which had not been under Christian dominion for 461 years………

The First Crusade was part of the Christian response to the Muslim conquests, and was followed by the Second Crusade to the Ninth Crusade, but the gains made lasted for less than 200 years.

Many crusades followed after this, but the main goal was the Roman church displaying it's authority, power and rule, over those she conquered…. all in the so called name of Christ.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (toby @ Jan. 01 2012,06:58)

I hear what you're saying about the Pope and Vatican.  I don't know enough about it though to comment.

You say a bow but no arrows :p

You ever see a sword coming out of someone mouth?

Georg

toby
    Participant

Hi Journey and George.
    The first white horse definately seems to be good, because, it overcomes!  And what overcomes and helps us to overcome and who should be overcoming?  

-To him that shall overcome, I will give to sit with me in my throne: as I also have overcome, and am set down with my Father in his throne (Rev 3:21)

And that's just one verse!
    Definately good the first white horse.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (toby @ Jan. 02 2012,18:08)
    Hi Journey and George.
    The first white horse definately seems to be good, because, it overcomes!  And what overcomes and helps us to overcome and who should be overcoming?  

-To him that shall overcome, I will give to sit with me in my throne: as I also have overcome, and am set down with my Father in his throne (Rev 3:21)

I toby

I can't see where it says the first white horse overcomes?
    It says blessed is he that overcomes.

So despite, false religion being introduced, we looked into it further and deciphered the truth from the lie from the scriptures given to us, and learn't the word more perfectly.

I suppose it is good that the first white horse came (1st seal) otherwise we gentiles would not of heard of the the name Jesus Christ. But it doesn't mean that this horse is the good horse.

It's all God's work, he is in control and allows everything for his purpose.

You will notice that the next 3 horses that come, red, black, and pale are not good horses, but all bring bad events.

The white, red, and black horses have already started riding.
    The next one to come is the pale horse and is the false prophet.

Pastry
    Participant

Hi Journey and George.

Obviously, the bow and the sword are symbolic, but you made a good point to the fact that there are no arrows; here are some scriptures that show why?

Dan 8:23 ¶ And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.  

In the latter time of “THEIR” (the Roman emperors) kingdom (the Roman empire); after Justinian's death in 565 AD, after which no other emperor of the east was able to control the west; this “king” of fierce countenance would stand up; take over the place of an emperor. He is pictured in Dan. 7:8 as the little horn.

His dark sentences are his false doctrines.

Now look how he is being further described.

Dan 8:24   And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.  

His power WAS mighty, but look what it says; “BUT NOT BY HIS OWN POWER; he did not need arrows, because he had no army, he relied on the armies of the new kings of Europe for protection.

That you can find in history books.

Dan 8:25   And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify [himself] in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.  

Through his policy, his false doctrines, he did prosper, or you could say, he conquered.

Did he magnify himself in his heart? do you know what his triple crown stands for? does he not call himself the  “VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD”?

Did he not under false pretense killed all who opposed his doctrines?

All the kings of Europe feared him, and therefore obeyed him, until Napoleon came along. He defied the pope, he put him in prison, he humiliated him.

Dan 11:36 ¶ And the king (Napoleon) shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god (king/ruler), and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods (ruler of rulers, the Pope), and shall prosper till the indignation (humiliation) be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.    

Napoleon imprisoned Pope Pius VII in 1809, disregarding all of the popes threads, and his bull of excommunication; after signing all power over to Napoleon in 1813, Napoleon released the pope the next year.

The humiliation was accomplished, his reign of terror had ended, and in 1834 the Vatican abolished torture.

That is you rider on the white horse with a bow.

Georg

toby
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 02 2012,23:20)

Hi Journey and George.

I toby

I can't see where it says the first white horse overcomes?
    It says blessed is he that overcomes.

So despite, false religion being introduced, we looked into it further and deciphered the truth from the lie from the scriptures given to us, and learn't the word more perfectly.

I suppose it is good that the first white horse came (1st seal) otherwise we gentiles would not of heard of the the name Jesus Christ.  But it doesn't mean that this horse is the good horse.

It's all God's work, he is in control and allows everything for his purpose.

You will notice that the next 3 horses that come, red, black, and pale are not good horses, but all bring bad events.

The white, red, and black horses have already started riding.
    The next one to come is the pale horse and is the false prophet.

Hi Journey.

You can't do a word search on the word 'Conquering'.  The word conquering was not the original word used so it would be personally fruitless.  The original word used is 'Overcoming'.  And the only version you can use, where words have not been changed, is the Youngs Literal translation or Greek Translation Bibles.

Do you see what I mean?

So the word 'Overcome/Overcoming' (Which is what the rider on the first white Horse does) matches exactly what believers and Jesus have done – Overcome.  Add onto that the meaning of the word white clothing etc.  You have your answers.

I will read that part of Revelations again later on though.

toby
    Participant

Will get to your post later on George.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (toby @ Jan. 03 2012,08:54)
    Will get to your post later on George.

What happened to toby?

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (toby @ Dec. 31 2011,20:28)
    Hi George.

The First White Horse:

Irenaeus, an influential Christian theologian of the second century, was among the first to interpret this horseman as Christ himself, his white horse representing the successful spread of the gospel. Various scholars have since supported this theory, citing the later appearance, in Revelation 19, of Christ mounted on a white horse, appearing as The Word of God. Furthermore, earlier in the New Testament, the Book of Mark indicates that the advance of the gospel may indeed precede and foretell the apocalypse. The color white also tends to represent righteousness in the Bible, and Christ is in other instances portrayed as a conqueror.  However, opposing interpretations argue that the first of the four horsemen is probably not the horseman of Revelation 19. They are described in significantly different ways, and Christ's role as the Lamb who opens the seven seals makes it unlikely that he would also be one of the forces released by the seals.

Besides Christ, the horseman could represent the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit was understood to have come upon the Apostles at Pentecost after Jesus' departure from earth. The appearance of the Lamb in Revelation 5 shows the triumphant arrival of Jesus in heaven, and the white horseman could represent the sending of the Holy Spirit by Jesus and the advance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Hi Toby,

The rider on the white horse is definitely the “HolySpirit” but,
    only the second white horse of Rev.19:11-21, not the white horse
    of Rev.6:2; that horse along with the other three(R,B,G) represent Lucifer.
    Compare the the four horseman of Rev.6:2-8 to the four chariots of Zech.6:2-8

Rev.6:2-8 The four hoursemen: {white, Red, Black, Pale} represent Lucifer.
    Zech. 6:2-8 The four chariots {white, Red, Black, Grizzled} also represent Lucifer.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi Brothers,

Enjoyed the read, I agree with George and EdJ about the 1st horseman. Here is one reason why.

were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

REV 4:7 † And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

I believe that the four beasts of seals are these four beasts.
    I will try to explain, so please hear me out.

1st seal, Satan comes in as a deceiver, just as he is. He has a bow, but no arrows. He can't shoot you, he just cons you. He is given a crown, for he doesn't have one yet.

What does God do, He raises up a standard. 1st beast represents the Lion of the tribe of Juda.

2nd seal, Satan is given power and crown(triple crown), now he takes peace from the earth and the so called church kills, kills, kills, something like 68 million Christians.

What does God do, He raises up a standard. 2nd beast or Spirit that God sent represents a calf or ox. This Spirit was a Spirit of sacrifice and labor. They gave their lives willingly.

3rd seal, the church is selling your right to heaven, 3rd beast was the face of a man. God bringing about the reformation…

4th seal, All hell on earth, 4th beast was a flying eagle.

God Bless
    Marlin

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 12 2012,09:03)

Hi George.

The First White Horse:

Hi Toby,

Zech. 6:2-8 The four chariots {white, Red, Black, Grizzled} also represent Lucifer.

God bless

Does the Holy Spirit were many crowns?

Does the Holy Spirit have a vesture dipped in blood?

Is the Holy Spirits name “The Word of God”?

Does the Holy Spirit have a sword coming out of his mouth?

Is the Holy Spirit King of Kings and Lord of Lords?

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Jan. 13 2012,03:08)

Hi George.

The First White Horse:

Hi Toby,

God bless

Georg

Hi Georg, yes!

Compare Rev.19:11-21 with Isaiah 63:2-11

“The Word” is the “HolySpirit”!    
                            And “HolySpirit” is HE and I !

Rev. 19:13 He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood.
    Isaiah 63:3 Their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments

Revelation 19:15 He treadeth the winepress
    Isaiah 63:3 I have trodden the winepress alone

Rev.19:13 His name is called The Word of God.
    Isaiah 63:11 He that put His HolySpirit within

But they rebelled, and vexed
                         his HolySpirit: therefore he
                         was turned to be their enemy,
                         and he fought against them.

Isaiah 63:10 I will tread down the people in mine anger  
              …and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
    Revelation 19:15 Out of His mouth goeth (The Word) a sharp sword,
                                  that with it He should smite the nations.

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 13 2012,05:05)

Quote (Pastry @ Jan. 13 2012,03:08)

Hi George.

The First White Horse:

Hi Toby,

God bless

Georg

Hi Georg, yes!

Compare Rev.19:11-21 with Isaiah 63:2-11

“The Word” is the “HolySpirit”!    
                            And “HolySpirit” is HE and I !

Rev. 19:13 He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood.
    Isaiah 63:3 Their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments

Revelation 19:15 He treadeth the winepress
    Isaiah 63:3 I have trodden the winepress alone

Rev.19:13 His name is called The Word of God.
    Isaiah 63:11 He that put His HolySpirit within

But they rebelled, and vexed
                         his HolySpirit: therefore he
                         was turned to be their enemy,
                         and he fought against them.

Isaiah 63:10 I will tread down the people in mine anger  
              …and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
    Revelation 19:15 Out of His mouth goeth (The Word) a sharp sword,
                                  that with it He should smite the nations.

God bless

It's your bible;

you wrote it (interpret it);

you should know!

Georg

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account