The Feast of Tabernacles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

I am interested in knowing how others see the three feasts, Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles. In particular I am interested in the Feast of Tabernacles. We know.. oops, that's a brave statement in this forum lol. I see the Feast of Passover symbolising our repentance and consequently our Born Again experience, and Pentecost symbolising the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. In this place I guess that could start a debate of its own, but how do you see the Feast of Tabernacles?

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 18 2006,06:59)
    I am interested in knowing how others see the three feasts, Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles.  In particular I am interested in the Feast of Tabernacles.  We know.. oops, that's a brave statement in this forum lol.  I see the Feast of Passover symbolising our repentance and consequently our Born Again experience, and Pentecost symbolising the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.  In this place I guess that could start a debate of its own, but how do you see the Feast of Tabernacles?

Oxy,

Hopefully, I will have a chance to respond regarding Tabernacles by tomorrow. However, we may want to start with Passover because you've stated that Passover symbolizes “our repentance and consequently our born again experience”. It appears that you believe that repentance is synonomous with the new birth. I can easily prove that to be wrong with the feasts. Are you sure you don't want to renege on that statement? Please think about it.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 18 2006,20:23)

I am interested in knowing how others see the three feasts, Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles. In particular I am interested in the Feast of Tabernacles. We know.. oops, that's a brave statement in this forum lol. I see the Feast of Passover symbolising our repentance and consequently our Born Again experience, and Pentecost symbolising the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. In this place I guess that could start a debate of its own, but how do you see the Feast of Tabernacles?

Oxy,

Hopefully, I will have a chance to respond regarding Tabernacles by tomorrow. However, we may want to start with Passover because you've stated that Passover symbolizes “our repentance and consequently our born again experience”. It appears that you believe that repentance is synonomous with the new birth. I can easily prove that to be wrong with the feasts. Are you sure you don't want to renege on that statement? Please think about it.

Hi typ
    You don't really have to prove anything to me. Everyone's experience is different and I don't want to get into meaningless mind games over the way I construct my sentences. How about we stick to the topic?

rejoycesing
    Participant

Oxy
    The FOT or the Feast of Booths, pictures the millennium period. Zech 14:16-19 and it is at this time that all from the nations that came up against Jerusalem that are left will worship the King of Kings and keep the FOT.

The Holy days that God ordained show the plan of God for mankind. Relating it to the past, present and the future. I believe it is important to know this and understand it because God says that is important. However, as a means to obtained righteousness, a christian should not necessarily try to celebrate the FOT. Rules, laws and days are ways for people to take their focus off of the two commands that sums up all the law, ” To love God with all your mind, heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself.” Keeping days, laws and rules are ways for man to measure the righteousness of others against themselves. I have to preface that by saying I dont believe in keeping the pagan holidays that most observe. I would rather be aware of the feasts of God in their season and meditate on the awesome God that gives us a vision and a hope in everything He ordained.:)

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 18 2006,20:58)

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 18 2006,20:23)

I am interested in knowing how others see the three feasts, Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles.  In particular I am interested in the Feast of Tabernacles.  We know.. oops, that's a brave statement in this forum lol.  I see the Feast of Passover symbolising our repentance and consequently our Born Again experience, and Pentecost symbolising the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.  In this place I guess that could start a debate of its own, but how do you see the Feast of Tabernacles?

Oxy,

Hi typ
    You don't really have to prove anything to me.  Everyone's experience is different and I don't want to get into meaningless mind games over the way I construct my sentences.  How about we stick to the topic?

Oxy,

Please don't expect to post statements that can't be supported by scripture. Everyone's experience is different, but we are not here to discuss our experiences. We are supposed to be discussing the Feasts of YHWH (primarily Tabernacles) and how they relate to Christ and the church. That is what I was attempting to do in the question I presented. How do you suppose that we can discuss this without the extrapolation of scripture? I have better things to do than get into “meaningless mind games” myself. I am so sorry that is what you thought I was attempting to do. As I've mentioned to someone else on this forum…I am married with five children, minister at least four times a week and still work a secular job. On top of that, I have the day to day dealings with the saints since I am the set man in our congregation. I would like to go ahead and end this now and save you and me some time.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 19 2006,18:23)
    Please don't expect to post statements that can't be supported by scripture. Everyone's experience is different, but we are not here to discuss our experiences. We are supposed to be discussing the Feasts of YHWH (primarily Tabernacles) and how they relate to Christ and the church. That is what I was attempting to do in the question I presented. How do you suppose that we can discuss this without the extrapolation of scripture? I have better things to do than get into “meaningless mind games” myself. I am so sorry that is what you thought I was attempting to do. As I've mentioned to someone else on this forum…I am married with five children, minister at least four times a week and still work a secular job. On top of that, I have the day to day dealings with the saints since I am the set man in our congregation. I would like to go ahead and end this now and save you and me some time.

typ I have obviously offended you and I sincerely apologise.

There is a lot of Scripture about the Feast of Tabernacles, but it never meant anything to me until God started teaching me about it.

To me, the three Feasts ARE experiences.
    The fact that I am Born Again means that my life celebrates the Feast of Passover.

The fact that I am baptised in the Holy Spirit means that my life is a celebration of Penetecost.

The fact that I layed down my life before God, died (not physically, but my soul/identity) and experienced a wonderful resurrection into a new relationship with my God is a daily celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Laurel,
    Perhaps you could enlarge on the feasts here?

donskel3
    Participant

All the celebrations and feasts are symbolically and reveal and point to Jashuah (Jesus) and salvation and the works and relation with Yaveh (God)

the feasts are therfore very relevant for christians today and Christians should rather celebrate these than the pagan celebrations like Christmas which was initiated by the Catholic church on December 25th in order to win over the people, as many other religions celebrate December 25th as a birhtday of their Gods or asa special day.

Zeus had his birthday on December 25th, and we all know that Yashuah was not born on December 25th by looking at the bible and comparing it to when certain celebrations occurred and the historical documents that record that events at the time.

So in a nutshell – yes the celebrations and feast of tabernacles is very relevant, although Chrisitians celebrate it for a slightly different reason than do Jewish people.

Chrisitans know the Messiah already came, while the Jewish people still seek the Messiah to come.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (donskel3 @ Nov. 13 2007,21:47)
    All the celebrations and feasts are symbolically and reveal and point to Jashuah (Jesus) and salvation and the works and relation with Yaveh (God)

the feasts are therfore very relevant for christians today and Christians should rather celebrate these than the pagan celebrations like Christmas which was initiated by the Catholic church on December 25th in order to win over the people, as many other religions celebrate December 25th as a birhtday of their Gods or asa special day.

Zeus had his birthday on December 25th, and we all know that Yashuah was not born on December 25th by looking at the bible and comparing it to when certain celebrations occurred and the historical documents that record that events at the time.

So in a nutshell – yes the celebrations and feast of tabernacles is very relevant, although Chrisitians celebrate it for a slightly different reason than do Jewish people.

Chrisitans know the Messiah already came, while the Jewish people still seek the Messiah to come.

Corrections

(1) Christians have been mislead in believing that the Messiah has come. Jesus did not fulfill a single messianic prophecy.

(2) Dec 25th is Mithras' birthday, not Zeus. Christianity is Paul's 'Judeo-Mithraism' AKA 'Judaism Lite' ('zero commandments, less filling')

Mr. Steve
    Participant

The Feast of Tabernacles is the coming of the Lord. When the harvest is ripe the Lord puts in his sickle and gathers all that are in him.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Mr. Steve @ Nov. 15 2007,08:41)
    The Feast of Tabernacles is the coming of the Lord.  When the harvest is ripe the Lord puts in his sickle and gathers all that are in him.

I haven't visited the site for a while, so apologise for this late response.

The three feasts were given as three stages of relationship with our God. Each one represents a different aspect of our relationship with Him.

1. We find the Door. The feast of Passover is all about Jesus. He is the door the the Father and is the beginning of our spiritual journey.
    2. The Feast of Pentecost is where we receive the Holy Spirit. He is our Teacher, Guide, Comforter etc. He reveals to us the path our journey should take as we follow Jesus.
    3. The Feast of Tabernacles takes us through a death experience (of the soul/identity, not physical), whereby we are able to come into a relationship with (or Tabernacle with) the Father.

For more information on this please visit my page http://www.all4god.net/beyond_pentecost.htm

In particular, have a look at the PowerPoint presentation for my personal testimony and to see how the 23rd Psalm reveals this transition.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 14 2007,14:56)

Quote (donskel3 @ Nov. 13 2007,21:47)

Corrections

(1) Christians have been mislead in believing that the Messiah has come. Jesus did not fulfill a single messianic prophecy.

(2) Dec 25th is Mithras' birthday, not Zeus. Christianity is Paul's 'Judeo-Mithraism' AKA 'Judaism Lite' ('zero commandments, less filling')

Hi Tow,
    Which messianic prophecies are you waiting to see fulfilled?

NickHassan
    Participant

For Irene

Irene
    Participant

Nick I wonder why you put this up for me. Let me tell you we kept all of the Feast for 10 years. And we tithed too. So I know all about them. I really enjoyed keeping them too. Kind of looking forward to keeping them again.
    Irene :D :D :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    You asked about the feasts.

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2008,15:58)
    Hi Irene,
    You asked about the feasts.

I did?
    Irene

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account