The False Prophet; who and why

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    samual
    Participant

Tiffany… Greetings!

You are correct! God Almighty never breaks a promise. However, you are missing the point that Jesus and the Apostles made very clear: That New Covenant is with New Jerusalem, not those Flesh and Blood offspring of Abraham, those that broke and ended the former covenant, but with those twelve Apostles of the Lamb of God and all those faithful that followed Him.

Revelation 3:12 (New American Standard Bible)
    “He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.”

Revelation 21:2 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Luke 22:19-20 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’ And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, ‘This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.’”

Luke 22:28-30 (New American Standard Bible)
    “You are those who have stood by Me in My trials; and just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom, I grant you that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

It’s all a matter of understanding which covenant you’re speaking about, the old covenant or the New Covenant. Remember, when the Scripture says “old covenant” it means clearly that the old covenant has ended. The New Covenant is the one that now exists.

God bless!

Tiffany
    Participant

Samual

Rev. 3:12, and 21:2 is the spiritual city the spiritual saints will occupy, all those who were in the first resurrection. It is the mansion with many rooms, Jesus had prepared for them.
    All these saints have been under the covenant of sacrifice, Luke 22:19-20.
    Luke 22:28-30 is the promise for their loyalty, to sit with him on his throne, just as he was honored by his Father, and set down on his Fathers throne.
    When Christ begins to reign, there will yet be another new covenant for all people, not just the Jews, it will be a covenant of obedience, no longer by faith.

Georg

samual
    Participant

Tiffany… Greetings!

As we agree that much of the Scriptures contain symbolic language that requires guidance via the Holy Spirit to discern its import, I am assuming that you do understand the “spiritual city” you commented on is actually “heaven.” Am I correct in this assumption?

You state that “there will yet be another new covenant” based on “obedience, no longer faith.” Jesus said the following:

John 3:36 (New American Standard Bible)
    “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

The new covenant is already in place, according to these words. Look what the Apostle James had to say:

James 2:18,20,26 (New American Standard Bible)
    “But someone may well say, ‘You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.’”

“But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?”

“For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.”

It begins with faith in Jesus Christ as the Lamb of God that takes away our sins, which in turn, produces works befitting our repentance by putting on the new personality that reflects godly conduct. As for obedience, that is what God is searching for during these last days of this Satanic World. Those “the great multitude” spoken of at Revelation 7:9,14, these have already been “obedient” and have “washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb” signifying their obedience to the word of God.

A covenant, remember, is an agreement between two or more parties. See what the definition states:

Quick definitions (covenant)

▸ noun: (Bible) an agreement between God and his people in which God makes certain promises and requires certain behaviour from them in return
    ▸ noun: a signed written agreement between two or more parties (nations) to perform some action.

Anyone, therefore, accepting Jesus Christ as the Lamb of God must be obedient to His word. That covenant was inaugurated when Jesus made it with the Apostles at that Passover “the last supper” and, by extension, to all believers thereafter, whether of those chosen to reign over the earth with Christ in Heaven, or those faithful that remain on earth as loyal subjects of God’s Kingdom. Obedience is that ingredient that displays “certain behaviour” befitting our calling.

God bless!

Tiffany
    Participant

Samual

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

This is the Mansion Jesus spoke of, he had gone to prepare a place in for the apostles and all the saints; it is coming down out of heaven. God does not build us any cities and then send them down to us. When you consider the size of this city you should realise it could not be from concrete and steel; no human will live in it, it is for the saints, spirit beings.
    As for the new covenant.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul is quoting Jeremiah word for word in Heb. 8:8-11. That is yet future.
    Christ will not rule from heaven.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Georg

samual
    Participant

Tiffany… Greetings!

Apparently it’s a matter of comparing translation along with other Scriptural evidence to arrive at the Truth of any topic. Take the following verses:

Revelation 5:10 (Darby Translation)
    “…and made them to our God kings and priests; and they shall reign over the earth.”

Revelation 5:10 (Amplified Bible)
    “And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our God, and they shall reign [as kings] over the earth!”

Matthew 19:28 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And Jesus said to them, ‘Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.’”

The Apostle Peter knew where the rulership over the earth would be; see what he said:

1 Peter 1:3-5 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

The Kingdom of God is in heaven, not on earth. Symbolic language shows that the “will of God” eventually is done “on earth as it is in heaven” when the “tent of God (or tabernacle) is among men… and God Himself shall be among them.” (Matthew 6:9-10; Revelation 21:3)

What does the Scripture tell us about God? See for yourself:

1 Kings 8:27 (New American Standard Bible)
    “But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You, how much less this house which I have built!”

The Scriptural evidence shows that God’s Kingdom is located in heaven from where Christ Jesus and the Faithful Followers will rule over the earth. Just like when England’s Queen Victoria ruled the world. She was not physically present throughout the earth, but Her authority and control was felt globally. God and Christ’s rulership over the earth will be even more powerful than any human ruler ever conveyed.

God bless!

Tiffany
    Participant

Samual

The kingdom “of” God. Yes, it is a godly kingdom, and it is “of” God, but it is Christ who will rule it for a thousand years, then he will turn it over to the Father; than God will be all in all. Why not before? because the potential for sin will not be removed until Satan himself is destroyed in the lake of fire.
    Let me show you two scriptures, and you tell me why Jesus said that , and said it twice.

Jhn 7:34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.
    Jhn 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

He also said this.

Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

We also know that this mansion, new Jerusalem, is coming down from heaven to this earth, it will be the place for all the saints, kings and priests.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

When you read from your translation, “and they shall reign over the earth”, what does “earth” mean to you? God reigns over the entire universe, including our planet earth; Christ will reign over all the people on this earth. So, either way you look at it, the scripture is right.

Georg

samual
    Participant

Tiffany… Greetings!

When reading John 14:2-3 you have to consider the question: Where is “My Father’s House” where Jesus is going to? Jesus states that He is going there to “prepare a place for you.” (the Apostles) Obviously, then, what Jesus is saying to the Apostles is that He will “come again, and receive you unto Myself” (gather His Elect from the four winds -Matthew 24:31) and take them to heaven with Him (in His Glory – Mark 10:37-40)where they will “sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of (spiritual) Israel.” (Luke 22:28-30)

Revelation 21:2 is relating in Symbolic language how Jesus Christ and the 144,000 Chosen Ones (the Elect) will rule over the earth and from where:
    Revelation 14:1,4 NASB
    “Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads…These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.”

Mount Zion is in Heaven, not on earth as you suggest. These “elect” or “chosen ones” are brought by Jesus to be with Him in Heaven as “first fruits to God” having “been purchased from among men.”

You must let the “Spirit” guide you when reasoning from the Scriptures as John 14:26; 15:26; 16:13 directs. If you fail to “see” the Truth, you must re-evaluate your standing with God and Christ and pray for direction. I do hope you consider these Scriptures seriously and with an open mind and heart.

God Bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi samual,
    You say
    “When reading John 14:2-3 you have to consider the question: Where is “My Father’s House” where Jesus is going to? Jesus states that He is going there to “prepare a place for you.” (the Apostles) Obviously, then, what Jesus is saying to the Apostles is that He will “come again, and receive you unto Myself” (gather His Elect from the four winds -Matthew 24:31) and take them to heaven with Him (in His Glory – Mark 10:37-40)where they will “sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of (spiritual) Israel.” (Luke 22:28-30)”

To heaven?
    We meet with him in the air.
    The final fate of men is on earth.[rev21]
    Judgement seems also to be not in heaven.

Tiffany
    Participant

Samual

People have believed the doctrine of men for too long; it is not my job, nor is it my responsibility to convince anyone. I do however have an obligation to share the light, that is all Jesus did, he was the light of the world, and yet he forced no one to believe him.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,
    Fortunately none is infallible.

samual
    Participant

Nick… Greetings!

Part of the reason people become confused with where Scriptural events take place is directly related to Mainstream teachings of Christendom. Seldom does anyone question the validity of what Christendom teaches, even less, take it upon themselves to search the Scriptures and find out what the Bible really says. They would much prefer leaving their salvation in the hands of their clergy.

One point that Revelation makes very clear is that there are TWO resurrections. The first resurrection is mentioned as follows:

Revelation 20:4-6 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.”

As can be seen, the first resurrection is special. Also, these resurrected ones have a sacred service to perform as priests of God and Christ as they reign with Jesus for a thousand years. Even more! They never have to fear the “second death” as do those returning in the second resurrection. (Revelation 21:8)

The Jewish Nation lost out on being flesh and blood Israelites and partakers of the Promise of God. If you read back a few posts, you can see the Scriptural reason for this conclusion. What you have left is those that have accepted Jesus as the Son of God and have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, whether they be natural Israelites or Gentiles. In short, they are those that come out of the Great Tribulation and survive into God’s New Kingdom on Earth.

As kings and priests they will concede on men’s behalf before God, much the same as what Jesus does, according to the Apostle Paul:

Hebrews 2:17 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.”

1 John 2:1-2 (New American Standard Bible)
    “My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.”

1 John 4:10 (New American Standard Bible)
    “In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”

These chosen ones are those still alive on earth at the time of His Coming and that “meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:17), a statement that signifies the first resurrection. Once untied with the Lord Jesus, they ascend to heaven where they rule as kings and priests over the earth for a thousand years.

As for where the judgment takes place, Nick, because Christ and the Chosen Ones have rulership over the earth (inhabitants, peoples), it seems apparent that they will be dealing with humanity, those that survive the Great tribulation foretold to come, and for all those yet to be resurrected in the second resurrection.

There is much to understand within the Sacred Word of God. That’s why we need to relay on the “helper” to Guide us.

God bless!

samual
    Participant

Tiffany… Greetings!

You say: “I do however have an obligation to share the light” You do! That is why it is critical that the light you shed is in harmony with God’s Written Word. Timothy was told about this problem of teaching things that were not in agreement with Truth by the Apostle Paul:

1 Timothy 1:3 (New American Standard Bible)
    “As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines… .”

It is therefore important to know for certainty, that the light you shed is true.
    See Revelation 22:18-19.

God bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samual,
    I agree.
    You say this
    “The Jewish Nation lost out on being flesh and blood Israelites and partakers of the Promise of God. If you read back a few posts, you can see the Scriptural reason for this conclusion. What you have left is those that have accepted Jesus as the Son of God and have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, whether they be natural Israelites or Gentiles. In short, they are those that come out of the Great Tribulation and survive into God’s New Kingdom on Earth.”

Of course only the armies of the nations are destroyed at the return of Jesus as King so there will still be some survivors ao the heathen nations to be ruled.

samual
    Participant

Nick… Greetings!

Although it is true that the warring nation’s armies will be wiped from the earth in the grand conclusive battle named Armageddon (Revelation 16:16), Jesus compared that day of “God’s Wrath” to the time of Noah. See what He said:

Matthew 24:36-39 (New American Standard Bible)
    “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.”

Of interest here is that there is no mention of Armies, only people in general. We get a better idea why the flood of Noah’s day was deemed necessary by God by reading the following account:

Genesis 6:5-7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. The LORD said, ‘I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.’”

It was, then, the “wickedness of man” that brought about the great flood of Noah’s day. If you look around this earth today, Nick, do you really believe our time is better, more righteous?

By comparison, look at Sodom and Gomorrah and the conduct of those people living back then; see if you can associate such conditions in our present time:

Genesis 13:13 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Now the men of Sodom were wicked exceedingly and sinners against the LORD.”

Jude 1:7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “…just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.”

Now, take a look at the Revelation account of those that are destroyed at Armageddon:

Revelation 19:20-21 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.”

Revelation 21:8 (New American Standard Bible)
    “But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

You see, Nick, God’s view of what is wicked has not changed. It appears to me that many more than the Nation’s armies will be destroyed at Armageddon. Having said this, there is a couple of Scriptural passages that shed some hope on those that may well be saved. See for yourself:

Romans 2:14-16 (New American Standard Bible)
    “For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.”

Romans 9:14-15 (New American Standard Bible)
    “What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! For He says to Moses, ‘I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.’”

There is no injustice with God. In the conclusion of things, those who God sees as being worthy of surviving the Great Tribulation will have opportunity to prove themselves during the thousand year reign under Jesus Christ and the Chosen. I suspect this to be true regardless if they have heard the good news of the Kingdom or not. Circumstances of the individual will play a big part in God’s decision as to who remains after the Day of His Wrath.

God bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samual,
    Thanks.
    Mt24
    37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So this speaks of unexpectedness and not necessarily the killing of all except Noah and his kin at the time of Noah.

Mt24
    40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

This seems to reflect the fate of the christian bridesmaids [mt25]only half of whom were prepared.

samual
    Participant

Nick… Greetings!

You raise a good point. Looking the passages that you make reference to, however, does fit with Noah’s time if you think about it.

We don’t have any idea as to the population of the inhabited earth at that time. But I suspect there were quite a number living on the planet in the pre-deluge age. After all, they were nearer to perfection than humanity of today and quite able to populate the earth without all the obstacles we presently face.

Also a point to consider; when you look through the first few Chapters of Genesis you will see that the ages these people lived to was remarkable and gave them plenty of time to produce children. One Scripture that indicates this is as follows:

Genesis 6:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.”

Let’s face it, Nick; the world was protected from many things in those times. One point to look at is the fact that water encircled the earth like a protective band thereby keeping the harmful sun’s rays from mutating humanity’s complicated chemistry. See what the Scripture tells us:

Genesis 1:6-7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then God said, ‘Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.’ God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.”

Additional proof of just how much protection was provided by this water shield is given to us by what happened to Noah after the flood waters receded:

Genesis 9:20-21 (Darby Translation)
    “And Noah began [to be] a husbandman, and planted a vineyard. And he drank of the wine, and was drunken, and he uncovered himself in his tent.”

The suggestion here is that fermentation never happened prior to the flood. I know, it sounds as though I am reading into this passage more than what was intended, but I suspect it is truth.

Anyway, Nick, I’ve wandered off course here dealing with pre-flood population, and will now try to get back on track.

What we do know for certain is that only eight souls survived the Flood. Obviously, then, they were selected by God for a reason as the Scripture points out:

Genesis 6:8-9 (Darby Translation)
    “But Noah found favour in the eyes of Jehovah. This is the history of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect amongst his generations: Noah walked with God.”

I believe we have the key to understanding Matthew 24:40-41 and how it applies to our time. God obviously makes a search for those like Noah that have the same attitude. These are the ones that will survive Armageddon and populate the New Earth thereafter. And, although the application of the Ten Virgins does fit the Chosen or Elect Bride of Christ, by extension, applies to both groups – those purchased from the earth and destined for spirit life in heaven, and to those who will remain here on earth. The wicked and ungodly will not remain after Armageddon. That is the promise of God and Christ Jesus, both.

Psalm 37:10 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more; And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.”

Matthew 25:41-46 (Darby Translation)

“Then shall he say also to those on the left, Go from me, cursed, into eternal fire, prepared for the devil and his angels… And these shall go away into eternal punishment, and the righteous into life eternal.”

We seem to be living in a time of selection, where those like Noah are being separated from among mankind and marked for survival.

Do let me know your thoughts. God Bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (samual @ Jan. 07 2009,20:24)
    Nick… Greetings!

You raise a good point.  Looking the passages that you make reference to, however, does fit with Noah’s time if you think about it.  

We don’t have any idea as to the population of the inhabited earth at that time.  But I suspect there were quite a number living on the planet in the pre-deluge age.  After all, they were nearer to perfection than humanity of today and quite able to populate the earth without all the obstacles we presently face.

Also a point to consider; when you look through the first few Chapters of Genesis you will see that the ages these people lived to was remarkable and gave them plenty of time to produce children.  One Scripture that indicates this is as follows:

Genesis 6:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.”

Let’s face it, Nick; the world was protected from many things in those times.  One point to look at is the fact that water encircled the earth like a protective band thereby keeping the harmful sun’s rays from mutating humanity’s complicated chemistry.  See what the Scripture tells us:

Genesis 1:6-7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Then God said, ‘Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.’  God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.”

Additional proof of just how much protection was provided by this water shield is given to us by what happened to Noah after the flood waters receded:

Genesis 9:20-21 (Darby Translation)
    “And Noah began [to be] a husbandman, and planted a vineyard.  And he drank of the wine, and was drunken, and he uncovered himself in his tent.”

The suggestion here is that fermentation never happened prior to the flood.  I know, it sounds as though I am reading into this passage more than what was intended, but I suspect it is truth.  

Anyway, Nick, I’ve wandered off course here dealing with pre-flood population, and will now try to get back on track.

What we do know for certain is that only eight souls survived the Flood.  Obviously, then, they were selected by God for a reason as the Scripture points out:

Genesis 6:8-9 (Darby Translation)
    “But Noah found favour in the eyes of Jehovah. This is the history of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect amongst his generations: Noah walked with God.”

I believe we have the key to understanding Matthew 24:40-41 and how it applies to our time.  God obviously makes a search for those like Noah that have the same attitude.  These are the ones that will survive Armageddon and populate the New Earth thereafter.  And, although the application of the Ten Virgins does fit the Chosen or Elect Bride of Christ, by extension, applies to both groups – those purchased from the earth and destined for spirit life in heaven, and to those who will remain here on earth.  The wicked and ungodly will not remain after Armageddon.  That is the promise of God and Christ Jesus, both.

Psalm 37:10 (New American Standard Bible)
    “Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more; And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.”

Matthew 25:41-46 (Darby Translation)

“Then shall he say also to those on the left, Go from me, cursed, into eternal fire, prepared for the devil and his angels… And these shall go away into eternal punishment, and the righteous into life eternal.”

We seem to be living in a time of selection, where those like Noah are being separated from among mankind and marked for survival.  

Do let me know your thoughts.  God Bless!

Hi Samual,
    Were all men everywhere destroyed from the planet or only those relevant to God from the FACE OF THE EARTH-what does this term mean scripturally?  

What are the waters of the deep which were released and flooded the earth? Could they have been underground waters bringing salt water and separating the continents from each other? The earth originally did not have rain but only mists and the renewed earth has no sea.

God does not want His children to suffer His wrath and will rescue them from the great tribulation. They are those who are on thrones in Rev20. Many however will be saved through that Tribulation and they, the martyrs, are shown in Revelation as well.

It is not the end for the foolish bridesmaids, who are wheat and not tares, but only three and a half years of great difficulty that will restore their faith.  

Certainly the heavens and the earth will be cleansed from all sin and the lake of fire will remove those men for whom no reason for divine mercy can be found.

samual
    Participant

Nick… Greetings!

To answer your question, Nick, one only has to look around at the world’s geography to see the results of the Flood in Noah’s day. And where did all those pre-deluge people go? They were indeed destroyed from the face of the earth. Flushed away and never seen again.

Jesus made that comparison for a reason. The same end awaits all those that fall into the wicked or ungodly category, albeit, not by water this time, but by fire. See what Peter states:

2 Peter 3:5-7 (New American Standard Bible)
    “For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.”

Peter supports what Jesus said about the destruction of the wicked and ungodly men, both in Noah’s time and coming again when Armageddon strikes this earth with a vengeance. People refuse to accept this fact. They prefer to paint it pretty rather than acknowledge the truth of what will take place. Armageddon will wipe out a large population of this planet, with the only ones to survive will be those God chooses. And you are correct! God does not want His Children to suffer His wrath and will, indeed, rescue them. The question you must answer, Nick: exactly who are God’s children? The answer is important because those – like Noah – are the ones God will save.

You will notice, too, that Peter explained how the waters of Noah’s day were both above and around the land mass, much like the intent of a hot house. That’s why they have found mammoth elephants with tropical vegetation in their mouths frozen in the tundra over in Siberia. The earth, apparently, was entirely tropical prior to that great Flood.

There is much to understand within the Scriptures, Nick; but one thing stands out very visibly… wicked and ungodly people will be purged from the earth and never return. That’s God’s Promise.

God bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi samual,
    You speak of Armageddon-the assembly at the plain of Megiddo of the world's armies?

The final cleansing of the earth's inhabitanats only occurs at the end of the millenial time when satan is released and stimulates an insurrection against the Lord God and His anointed[ps2]. So carnal men still exist at that time who obey satan by nature and they are still living on earth then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samual,
    Why does scripture use the term 'face of the earth' and what does it mean?
    The children of God are those established by Him as the sheep of His flock and his Shepherd.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account