The Fall Feasts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

More on the Millenium please….anyone?

If we are going to keep the Feast of the tabernacle during the Millenium, why not keep it now? This is interesting stuff! :)

I will be reading in the OT where you have directing me – thanks Mrs.IM4Truth!

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 19 2007,07:00)
    More on the Millenium please….anyone?

If we are going to keep the Feast of the tabernacle during the Millenium, why not keep it now?  This is interesting stuff!  :)

I will be reading in the OT where you have directing me – thanks Mrs.IM4Truth!

Hi Not3in1:

The Feast of Tabernacles symbolized the fact that the Jews lived in temporary booths in the wilderness in the Exodus.

23:40
    And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.  
    23:41
    And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.  
    23:42
    Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:  
    23:43
    That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.  
    23:44
    And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.  

We as born-again believers dwell in temporary tabernacles.  We have a natural body which is our body of flesh, but we will receive a spiritual body.

1 Co. 15:44
    It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Zechariah 14:16
    And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

14:16
    And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.  
    14:17
    And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.  
    14:18
    And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.  

Home > Lexicons > Hebrew > Y@ruwshalaim
    The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number:   03389  Browse Lexicon  
    Original Word Word Origin
    ~lXwry a dual (in allusion to its two main hills [the true pointing, at least of the former reading, seems to be that of (03390)]), probably from (the passive participle of) (03384) and (07999)
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Y@ruwshalaim  
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    yer-oo-shaw-lah'-im      Proper Name Location  

Definition
    Jerusalem = “teaching of peace”
    the chief city of Palestine and capital of the united kingdom and the nation of Judah after the split  

Matt. 5:14
    Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot * be hid.

4:25
    For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.  
    4:26
    But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

We as born again believers are that “new Jerusalem” who are dwelling in temporary tabernacles awaiting the redemption of our bodies.  We are by definition (The word Jerusalem means “teaching of peace”.) that city that is teaching peace with God specifically through His Son Jesus Christ.  When we gather together as born again believers in congregations to worship God we are “new Jerusalem” celebrating the Feast of Tabernalces.

Those scriptures pertaining to the Feast of Tabernacles in Zechariah 14 IMHO do not refer to the millenial reign but to the period of time after God intervenes against those coming against Jews and Christians.  (Ezekiel Ch. 37, 38, 39 & Zechariah 14)  During this time there will be a period of peace for 3 1/2 and then the Anti-Christ will rise to power (Daniel 9:27 & 12:11) and from the time he stops the Jews from offering animal sacrifices and sets himself up in the temple showing himself that he is God, there will be 1290 days.  This is the abomination of desolation (Daniel 12:11, Matt. 24:15).  The rapture of the church will occur 45 days from the abomination of desolation. (Daniel 12:12)

In the millenial reign, we will have our spiritual bodies, and therefore IMHO, I don't believe that we will be celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles (Temporary booths).

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

Wow. Thanks, 94.

This is all new to me. I mean, I've heard about this while growing up in church, but I've never studied it at any length. I confess that in many ways, since I denounced the Trinity, I am coming to life and beginning to actually study the Word. Whereas before, I was “fed” twice on Sundays and once on Wednesday nights. In many ways, I am ashamed that I do not know the Word like many here do (quoting so quickly and the depth of interpretations). I'm praying that the Lord will catch me up and give me understanding. Sometimes I feel so desperate for the Lord…….

NickHassan
    Participant

For Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 18 2006,13:59)
    typ, the Passover was the avoidance of death by those who were saved.  The angel of death “passed over them”

In the Passover event God made a differentiation between His people and the Egyptians. When He saw the blood he passed over the Israelites and they escaped death.

Exo 12:13  ESV The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood
    , I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt.

Exo 11:5  and every firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, Exo 11:7  But not a dog shall growl against any of the people of Israel, either man or beast, that you may know that the LORD makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.

It is interesting that it was the Passover Feast Jesus and the disciples were celebrating as a memorial of the passing over of the Israelites in Egypt when God saw the blood.  To them,
    Jesus made some interesting statements that are dynamic to
    himself and the church today.  Note what he says to them.

Luk 22:19  And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

You had been remembering escape from death in Egypt and the body of the lamb slain.  Now, I am the lamb slain – this is my body given for you.  The law said to remember that old incident.  I say, “do this in rememberance of me.”

Luk 22:20  And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

My fathers covenant then was not to destroy His people when He saw the blood.  Now, my blood is poured out for you that your sins may be passed over and you may escape death and look forward to eternal life.

Jesus offers his blood as a covering for all who accept him today. Those who accept him have a great opportunity to “Remember” as they celebrate what is commonly called
    “The Lord's Supper” today.

These are my offerings and what my application of the old Passover means to me and can mean to any believer (the church) today.  Am I right?  For me it is not a matter of “right” it is a matter of being uplifted and encouraged by the understanding God has given me.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR GIVING YOUR BODY AND SHEDDING YOUR BLOOD, FOR ME!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    In the sharing of the body and the blood there is a new unity in Christ shown.
    The life in the blood rejoins with the body of Christ.

God gathering all in Christ in Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account