The Fall Feasts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I believe we miss out on so much we need to know because we are unfamiliar with the prophetic role of the feasts.

The “Return to God” site is one that helps us learn here.

Who can add?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi typrsn,
    Here is a thread on feasts.

david
    Participant

I believe we miss out on so much we need to know because we are unfamiliar with the prohetic role of the feasts.

I agree.

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 18 2006,04:57)
    Hi typrsn,
    Here is a thread on feasts.

Oxy,

Please explain to me what you believe the Feast of Tabernacles to mean in relation to Christ and the church. If you prefer to start at Passover that will be fine.

Oxy
    Participant

K typ, simply put..

The Feast of Passover remembers the time Israel left Egypt. It is symbolic of repentance.

The Feast of Pentecost is symbolic of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.

The Feast of Tabernacles remembers the time spent in tents in the Wilderness. It seperates the time spent in the Wilderness from the entering of the Promised Land. The challenge was that they had to cross the Jordan (meaning Descender) which is, according to the New Bible Dictionary, the lowest depression on the face of the Earth. This is symbolic of death. This death is not a physical death, but rather a death of ones identity, or soul. After the death is a glorious resurrection into the Promised Land.

For more info on this I have explained it more fully on the following pages.

http://www.all4god.net/beyond_pentecost.htm
    http://www.all4god.net/journey.htm

On the first page there is a 10 min PowerPoint presentation which explains further, tells of my testimony and shows how the 23rd Psalm puts it all together. I was blown away when God showed me the Psalm!

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 18 2006,09:12)
    K typ, simply put..

The Feast of Passover remembers the time Israel left Egypt. It is symbolic of repentance.

The Feast of Pentecost is symbolic of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.

The Feast of Tabernacles remembers the time spent in tents in the Wilderness.  It seperates the time spent in the Wilderness from the entering of the Promised Land.  The challenge was that they had to cross the Jordan (meaning Descender) which is, according to the New Bible Dictionary, the lowest depression on the face of the Earth.  This is symbolic of death. This death is not a physical death, but rather a death of ones identity, or soul.  After the death is a glorious resurrection into the Promised Land.

For more info on this I have explained it more fully on the following pages.

http://www.all4god.net/beyond_pentecost.htm
    http://www.all4god.net/journey.htm

On the first page there is a 10 min PowerPoint presentation which explains further, tells of my testimony and shows how the 23rd Psalm puts it all together.  I was blown away when God showed me the Psalm!

Oxy,

Is not Passover death? What is the difference between the Passover death and the Tabernacles death?

Oxy
    Participant

typ, the Passover was the avoidance of death by those who were saved. The angel of death “passed over them”

Oxy
    Participant

Tabernacles is a real death EXPERIENCE. I can look back and remember the day that I gave my life to the Lord and was born again. That was an event.

I can also remember the day that the Holy Spirit came upon me and I spoke in tongues for the first time. That was an event.

I can also remember when the Lord came to me and asked me to surrender all to Him. I did that, but then He asked me to surrender my identity to Him. I did that also.That is what Tabernacles is all about. I died then, and I was risen up in newness of life. It was scary and I have to lay down my life daily, but that day I died I remember well. It was an event. That my friend is the Feast of Tabernacles as the Lord explained it to me.

rejoycesing
    Participant

Oxy, If that is what God revealed to you then that is a point and rhema word for you in your walk. (As far as my meditating on the past experience) I see from the scriptures a similar event for the children of Israel and the strangers that were with them. God delivered them out of Egypt with a mighty hand. As though he “bore them on eagles wings” and brought them to Himself. The ingathering is where they received the Law and they lived in temporary booths or housing because God's purpose was to bring them into the promised land. They had to become totally dependent upon God during this season. God provided every need and saw that nothing ran out or wore out. This is an experience of dying to self. Surrendering your life and your will to God's Will. (This describes the present experience for each of us) The future is also revealed in the holy days. A time when God people will be kings and priests. Ex. 19:4-6 and I Peter 2:9, but read from vs 4. and Rev. 5:10. Gods purposes have never changed, “A people for Himself”, a people that will be kings and priest and teach all of mankind. That is what Israel would have done, taught all of mankind. God is not a respecter of persons. The Gentiles were grafted in and the same purpose continues. God's purposes will be fulfilled though sin and disobedience may delay the out working.:)

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (rejoycesing @ Aug. 19 2006,15:48)
    Oxy, If that is what God revealed to you then that is a point and rhema word for you in your walk. (As far as my meditating on the past experience) I see from the scriptures a similar event for the children of Israel and the strangers that were with them. God delivered them out of Egypt with a mighty hand. As though he “bore them on eagles wings” and brought them to Himself. The ingathering is where they received the Law and they lived in temporary booths or housing because God's purpose was to bring them into the promised land. They had to become totally dependent upon God during this season. God provided every need and saw that nothing ran out or wore out. This is an experience of dying to self. Surrendering your life and your will to God's Will. (This describes the present experience for each of us) The future is also revealed in the holy days. A time when God people will be kings and priests. Ex. 19:4-6 and I Peter 2:9, but read from vs 4. and Rev. 5:10. Gods purposes have never changed, “A people for Himself”, a people that will be kings and priest and teach all of mankind. That is what Israel would have done, taught all of mankind. God is not a respecter of persons. The Gentiles were grafted in and the same purpose continues. God's purposes will be fulfilled though sin and disobedience may delay the out working.:)

You are right in that it is what God showed me, but it is also true that only a remnant found the Promised Land in spite of God's desire for all to find it.

The map of the Exodus lines up with the three Feasts to take as many as are willing (according to my understanding), into the Promised Land

rejoycesing
    Participant

Oxy that is true, through out the bible we see that salvation has never been for the many. “few there be that find it” and “no man can come to me unless the Father that sent me draws him”. We can be drawn by the Lord; but will we surrender our will one will with God's. God does not force us into anything. It was only those that were willing to believe God. With out faith is impossible to please HIM. Those that were not willing and who did not trust (have faith) in the Lord did not see the promised land. Thats the glorious freedom (free will) that we have.

Oxy
    Participant

In total agreement rejoycesing

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Not3in1
    Participant

Laurel has brought up some interesting ideas about the “Feasts” – can everyone contribute to this? I am unfamiliar with these celebrations, I'm sorry to say.

Does anyone have any websites or favorite passages of scripture they can point me to? How do we know it is for today? Jesus celebrated the Passover, but did he command us to do the same?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Speaking of the millenial reign Zech 14 may add
    ” 16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 17 2007,22:20)
    Hi Not3,
    Speaking of the millenial reign Zech 14 may add
    ” 16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Well, it's raining cats and dogs here today in WA State, so we must be doing something right, huh? :D

NickHassan
    Participant

t'aint the millenium yet

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick You got it!…..Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

not3in1 We used to keep all Feasts for 10 years when we were in the WorldWide Church of God. They are all listed in Leviticus 23 starting with the Sabbath,then the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread,Firstfruit,Penticost,the Feast of Trumpet and Feast of Tabernacle.
    Just remember that those Feast were a Covenant that God made with Israel, and we at this time do not have to keep them.
    We are under the new Covenant. On my Post COVENANT are scriptures to support my believe.
    In the Millenium Christ will graft the Jewish People into the Kingdom. Since God divorced them (Cant find that scripture,sorry) He will again make them His People. The failed the first time,but not when Satan has been put away. But Satan will be loosed again at the end of the Millenium to Test all and a lot will not make it. We will keep the Feast of Tabernacle in the Millenium, If we are lucky to be there. Don't know about any other Feast,but I don't think so because they have been fulfilled. The Feast of Tabernacle represents the Millenium.
    Peace Mrs.IM4Truth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account