The Error of using the NIV to prove your doctrines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Phoenix
    Participant

wasnt there a name YESHUA in the manuscript? I thought that was Jesus. I could be wrong???

thetruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 10 2008,16:59)
    Hi E,
    NIV translates
    Jn12.40 as
    ”  41Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.”

In which manuscript is the name JESUS found??

NONE

Talk about twisting Scripture.
    “He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts,
    nor turn—and I would heal them.” John 12:40
    then 41 John says, “Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.”

Now since Jesus is the Messiah and Isaiah speaks of the Messiah several times then he spoke of Christ, and saw his glory in his life. Also all through out the manuscripts Jesus' name is mentioned. We have his name Immanuel, which means God with us. Which is true since Christ is God in the flesh, as the Scriptures say he is. Please try and not twist the Scriptures, but do as they say. So to answer your question all of them do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi The t,
    God was in Christ[2Cor5].
    Was God in Himself?

thetruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 11 2008,11:41)
    Hi WJ,
    Jesus is not written in the manuscripts.
    Many such as yourself would like it there.
    We do not add to what is written do we?

So then you do not believe Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah? You do not believe that, as the Scriptures say, that Jesus is our Savior? You do not believe that Jesus died for our sins? You do not believe in the entire New Covenant? The manuscripts that tell of Christ. You do not believe in what Isiah says about Christ in the 52 chapter? Immanuel is a falsehood also I guess too? No you do not add you take away. You take Christ out of the Word, by doing that you are worshiping a false god. Without Jesus their is no salvation, and you obviously do not believe in who he is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi The T,
    Jesus is the Messiah.
    Jesus died for the sins of mankind.

So when did Jesus become his own God?

thetruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 11 2008,15:27)
    HI E,
    Despite your cry that it it is justified you are only revealing the same bias as the authors.
    Do not add to what is written.

The Scriptures also say do not take away.

“I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.” – Revelation 22:18-19

Since you take of away from his Holiness then you are taking from this book also. Come to Christ, the Savior, before it is to late.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi The T,
    So why are you adding a new doctrine that Jesus is our God?
    1Cor8, jn20

thetruth
    Participant

Seek the Scriptures Nick and see. Quit taking from Christ and the Scriptures. You are no better then Kerwin in that you twist the Scriptures to believe as you want, and not what they say. Turn to Christ before it is to late.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi The T,
    Christ means the anointed one and the messiah.
    So if God anointed him why do you say he is that God?

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account