The cross….not the correct symbol for adoration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 236 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2010,13:39)

Quote (princess of the king @ April 22 2010,13:17)
    Irene,

At times women, I have a difficult time understanding what you are trying to teach, You and Georg have well established with most on this board your belief, that being said is there anything else you would like to share with us.

It seems to say the least that most threads on the board end up with the trinity being brought up, I personally, will not give it much more attention, it has become fruitless to say the least, there are other things to discuss with truth seekers other then the triad worship, otherwise unless in general converstaion.  

As stead fast as we are not to believe, they themselves are steadfast in believing. When I first heard of the trinity teachings I thought ones to be mad, then as time goes by, I still think they are mad, and I have wasted much time and devotion to something I should have not. As is such in life, time to move on do you not think and find other things to speak of yes?

I agree it is spiritual nothing physical, and I will continue with Sabbath also Irene, if you would like to hold this against me, I can live with it. I do not see me partaking in Sabbath to be a stumbling block for you and Georg.

I am sure what you call the adversary has been busy all along, I personally think the time is only the beginning, much is yet to come, we just must be prepared for the coming of it all.

I have have kept a rule of thumb regarding Paul, he is not Christ. Pauls teachings are not above Christ's teachings.

Take care Irene.

Hi POK,
    Christ was in Paul.[Gal]
    Do you think his teachings are somehow less inspired than those of the Son of God?

Nick,

By your statement I take it you do not, I am not a Pauline Christian, have not thought you to be one either, correct me if I am wrong, though.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi POK,
    Should you try to divide the head from the body of Christ?
    Paul and the brothers were indwelled by Christs' Spirit continuing his work.

So should we be.

Nick, actually I prefer Kepha and John over Paul also.

Do you suggest that I take Paul's teaching above all others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi POK,
    You are fit to divide between the brothers?
    Are you greater?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ April 22 2010,00:54)
    Hi all,

Does anyone notice also that Jesus said to commemorate his death – not once a year – but “As often as you meet”.

“Easter” (Yes, it's a pagan word) is not just for Easter, but for 'Life', literally?

That's right, because Jesus died, we will live.

Georg

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2010,14:15)
    Hi POK,
    You are fit to divide between the brothers?
    Are you greater?

Hey Nick,

Your statement, provides that you prefer Paul's teachings over the others.

Who is greater then the Master?

karmarie
    Participant

If I can just join in for a mo, someone sent me this, (so its not my fault if theres any errors in it!)..

Noah was a drunk
    Abraham was too old
    Isaac was a daydreamer
    Jacob was a liar
    Leah was ugly
    Joseph was abused
    Moses had a stuttering problem
    Gideon was afraid
    Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
    Rahab was a prostitute
    Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
    David had an affair and was a murderer
    Elijah was suicidal
    Isaiah preached naked
    Jonah ran from God
    Naomi was a widow
    Job went bankrupt
    John the Baptist ate bugs
    Peter denied Christ
    The Disciples fell asleep while praying
    Martha worried about everything
    The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once
    Zaccheus was too small
    Paul was too religious
    Timothy had an ulcer…
    AND Lazarus was dead!

No more excuses now!! God can use you to your full potential. Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger.

Elizabeth
    Participant

:)  :laugh:  :D  very good

They forgot Jesus was glutenous and a winebibber.

Georg

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 21 2010,16:42)
    Princess

It was Pope Gregory XIII who changed Caesar's calendar in 1585, the reason, so that all churches would celebrate the resurrection on the same date. Although a physician from Naples proposed the new calendar, the pope got the credit.

Georg

Thank you Georg,

So he did what Constatine did, combined many to form one.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 23 2010,03:16)
    :)  :laugh:  :D  very good

They forgot Jesus was glutenous and a winebibber.

Georg

Hi Georg I thought it was pretty cool too!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 22 2010,08:05)
    If I can just join in for a mo, someone sent me this, (so its not my fault if theres any errors in it!)..

Noah was a drunk
    Abraham was too old
    Isaac was a daydreamer
    Jacob was a liar
    Leah was ugly
    Joseph was abused
    Moses had a stuttering problem
    Gideon was afraid
    Samson had long hair and was a womanizer
    Rahab was a prostitute
    Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
    David had an affair and was a murderer
    Elijah was suicidal
    Isaiah preached naked
    Jonah ran from God
    Naomi was a widow
    Job went bankrupt
    John the Baptist ate bugs
    Peter denied Christ
    The Disciples fell asleep while praying
    Martha worried about everything
    The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once
    Zaccheus was too small
    Paul was too religious
    Timothy had an ulcer…
    AND Lazarus was dead!

No more excuses now!! God can use you to your full potential. Besides you aren't the message, you are just the messenger.

Interesting list Karmarie,

Recently I heard that John the Baptist probably ate off the Locust tree instead of the bugs. Here is an interesting link regarding that:

http://antipas.net/14faq.htm

It does encourage us that we may be useful afterall!

karmarie
    Participant

Hi LU, it does. Was Paul a false Prohet though? Nah- religeous maybe, but- a chosen vessel!

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ April 23 2010,22:53)
    Hi LU, it does. Was Paul a false Prohet though? Nah- religeous maybe, but- a chosen vessel!

karm. Why would you even think that Paul was a false prophet. Jesus appeared to Him and was blinded, Jesus called Him to be an Apostle and was send to the Gentiles Nations, to spread the Good News……

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 24 2010,04:36)

karm. Why would you even think that Paul was a false prophet.  Jesus appeared to Him and was blinded, Jesus called Him to be an Apostle and was send to the Gentiles Nations, to spread the Good News……

Georg or Irene? Go back to the previous page and you will see the conversation had become about the Apostle Paul, the point I was trying to make is that no-one is perfect and God can use anyone to be a vessel and Paul was a really important one, exactly as you said.

Quote (karmarie @ April 24 2010,09:00)

Quote (Elizabeth @ April 24 2010,04:36)

karm. Why would you even think that Paul was a false prophet.  Jesus appeared to Him and was blinded, Jesus called Him to be an Apostle and was send to the Gentiles Nations, to spread the Good News……

Georg or Irene? Go back to the previous page and you will see the conversation had become about the Apostle Paul, the point I was trying to make is that no-one is perfect and God can use anyone to be a vessel and Paul was a really important one, exactly as you said.

Here all along, they oust Thomas for saying a women must become like a man to enter into the kingdom.

So Karmarie, how important is Paul?

If one did not have his teachings would one's belief be different?

Is his writings so important that no one would be able to enter into the kingdom without them.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ April 24 2010,14:44)
    So Karmarie, how important is Paul?

If one did not have his teachings would one's belief be different?

Is his writings so important that no one would be able to enter into the kingdom without them.

Hi POK,

Though there are parts of Pauls writtings which are hard to understand, and the Words of Jesus should always take precedence, Paul was an important part of the spreading of the Gospel to the Whole World. He has my admiration. I could say so much more but I have to go out. (multi tasking right now) Jesus is our Lord though and His Words. Paul was a vessel who Jesus worked through.

Will await for you tasks to be complete for your response.

Take care of yourself Karmarie and thank you.

Laurel
    Participant

To: The one,
    I like your post. You are correct that the cross is not a symbol of Christianity. The cross is actually a symbol of pagan Rome! The cross goes back to Babylon and was their symbol as well.

The cross is a death symbol and not a life symbol. Those who know the Messiah will not wear a cross or bow at the foot of a cross because they know when they do, they are promoting the death and not the life of the Son, and they are promoting paganisim, and not true Christianity.

Thank you for your post.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ April 25 2010,09:13)
    To: The one,
    I like your post. You are correct that the cross is not a symbol of Christianity. The cross is actually a symbol of pagan Rome! The cross goes back to Babylon and was their symbol as well.

The cross is a death symbol and not a life symbol. Those who know the Messiah will not wear a cross or bow at the foot of a cross because they know when they do, they are promoting the death and not the life of the Son, and they are promoting paganisim, and not true Christianity.

Thank you for your post.

Hi Laurel,

Do you think Zech.5:1-4 represents the idea of a 'cross' inside of buildings?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account