The Creator has a Name, few know it…. do you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Aug. 24 2010,03:20)
    David!  In Hebrew 1:8 and John 1:1, The Word of God is called God.  I understand that God is a title and many in ancient times were called God.  Jehovah God is the Almighty God and The Word is the Mighty God.  There are many then that were called Mighty Gods.  We also have to understand that by Jesus own words, His Father is greater then He is.  John 14:28 and in Ephesians 4:6 He is above all.  I agree with you that it is just fine to call The Word of God Jesus.  Also the translators stood in Aw of God the Father and called Him LORD. They did not want to mispronounce His Name, and used LORD and Lord.   In mostly the Old Test. LORD is Jehovah God and Lord in the New Test, is Jesus….. I am like you if someone will tell me that I am wrong, I will acknowledge so.  This is what Scriptures tell me……Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

The bible doesn't say: 'The Word of God is called God'?
    You can 'call' a potato a bug, but that doesn't make it so!

The Bible says: The Word was God
    Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I have lined “Bible Truth”=117 up to help you to better
    understand “Our YHVH”=117; the God of our fathers.

John 1:1…
    In the beginning was the Word,
    and the Word was with God,
    and the Word was God.

English        ↔    Hebrew       ↔    Greek
         “Word of God”  ↔      “God”         ↔ “The Word”
    “Word of God”(86) =   (אלהים](86]     = [ο λογος](86)th Prime Hō Lōgôs
             YHVH(63)      = ĔL-ō-Hêêm(63) = The Bible(63)    
     Spirit of God(117) = (117)יהוה האלהים = Bible Truth(117)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  .hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Aug. 24 2010,11:20)
    David!  In Hebrew 1:8 and John 1:1, The Word of God is called God.  I understand that God is a title and many in ancient times were called God.  Jehovah God is the Almighty God and The Word is the Mighty God.  There are many then that were called Mighty Gods.  We also have to understand that by Jesus own words, His Father is greater then He is.  John 14:28 and in Ephesians 4:6 He is above all.  I agree with you that it is just fine to call The Word of God Jesus.  Also the translators stood in Aw of God the Father and called Him LORD. They did not want to mispronounce His Name, and used LORD and Lord.   In mostly the Old Test. LORD is Jehovah God and Lord in the New Test, is Jesus….. I am like you if someone will tell me that I am wrong, I will acknowledge so.  This is what Scriptures tell me……Peace Irene

Irene,

Here is the quote from Ps 45:6-7 that is inserted in Heb 1:8-9.

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of joy above Your fellows.

From this verse and the context in the Psalm there is no reference to “Jesus”.

Hbr 1:8 But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

Hbr 1:9 “YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS; THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS.”  

Ed says that the Greek doesn't have an “of” or commas, so it is possible that the “of” here could be eliminated and commas added so it would be rendered better in English:

But, the son says, “Your throne O God…..”

This is how it literally begins in Greek:

Of but says son, O Throne O God……

So, you have THREE choices:  1- The son is speaking 2- There are TWO Gods. 3-Or you have to go with the statement where Jesus said that God called the people “gods” and Jesus would be a “god” in the same vein.

If you go with #2 what about the verses earlier in the chapter, especially this:

Hbr 1:6 And when He (God) “again” brings the firstborn (JC)  into the world, He says, “AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.”  

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Hello Irene,

These are “titles” referring to Jesus: “Word” and “Word of God”

“Word” John 1 (4 times)

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (1), and the Word (2)was with God, and the Word (3) was (of) God.

(Since “Word” was WITH God, “Word” cannot be God whom he is with)

Jhn 1:14 And the Word (4) became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

(Word became flesh….FROM the Father.  Father = God;  Word = Flesh; Word is not Father or God.)

“Word of God” Rev 19:13 (one time only)

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called, “The Word of God”.

The literal “word of God” is used at least 45 times and here is one of them: (also shows that it is NOT Jesus)

Rev 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The Professor

davidbfun
    Participant

Hi Irene,

You are right about the word LORD (all caps) being YHWH/YHVH.  Sometimes the word Lord (Adonay/Adonai) was used in front of LORD also and we'd have Lord LORD.

Mar 12:36 “David himself said in the Holy Spirit, 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, “SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET.”'

Greek has only one Lord being quoted here and it is κύριος kyrios.

In the Hebrew language there are two different “lords” being talked about:

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD (YHWH) says to my Lord (Adonay): “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

This, along with only one word for God (Theos) versus Elohim, El, YHWH is why I don't like Greek.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Professor,

The literal “word of God” is used at least 45 times and here is one of them: (also shows that it is NOT Jesus)

I see you finally did some investigative research my brother!
    1Thess.5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Prob.3:11 My son, despise not the chastening of The LORD;
    neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth
    he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Rev.20:4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them,
    and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls
    of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus(Christ),
    and for the word(HolySpirit) of God, and which had not worshipped
    the beast(Rev. 13:1), neither his image(Rev. 13:15: Click Here), neither
    had received his mark upon their foreheads(Rev.14:9-10), or in their hands;
    and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Revelation 15:2-4)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 24 2010,07:35)
    Hi Irene,

You are right about the word LORD (all caps) being YHWH/YHVH.  Sometimes the word Lord (Adonay/Adonai) was used in front of LORD also and we'd have Lord LORD.

The Professor

Hi David,

Psalm 110:1-2 The LORD (יהוה YÄ-hä-vā) said unto my Lord (יהשוע YÄ-shü-ă),
         Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
         The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength (HolySpirit)
         out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. (Psalm 124:7-125:1)

יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!

davidbfun
    Participant

Irene,

What if the Bible says that Elohim created the heavens and the earth, would you believe it?

Well, it does say that in Gen 1:1 so we know from the beginning that the creator's name is Elohim.

What is so difficult about that, easy, no?

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 27 2010,01:34)
    Irene,

What if the Bible says that Elohim created the heavens and the earth, would you believe it?

Well, it does say that in Gen 1:1 so we know from the beginning that the creator's name is Elohim.

What is so difficult about that, easy, no?

The Professor

Hi David,

ĔL-ō-Hêêm=63 (אלהים) is a “Title” meaning God; GOD's Name is (יהוה) YHVH=63.
    YHVH is God's Name (יהוה) transliterated into English; as the Hebrew lacks vowels.

The “Divine”=63 “Deity”=63 of “The Bible”=63 is “YHVH”=63.

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name [יהוה] was given to us directly from the Hebrew language.
    Correctly translating Hebrew into other languages can be difficult however. Some basic
    linguistical rules need to be considered when translating Hebrew texts. These include a lack
    of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels and the basic direction
    in which Hebrew is written (opposite: from right to left). Hebrew word spacing is a modern
    advent that distinguishes one word from the next, aiding both translators and multi-linguists
    alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds are a concern because, correct pronunciations of
    Hebrew words are at risk. This point is made because the correct pronunciation was thought
    to be lost, which led only to translators’ interpretations.  JEHOVAH's Name is really YHVH!

GOD’s Name (יהוה) transliterates directly into English as YHVH because the Hebrew alphabet
    lacks vowels. Hebrew has No [W] sound, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name   [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey     is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ

The identity of יהוה=26 is GOD=26 spoken as YÄ=26 and YÄ-hä-vā: where ä sounds
    like that of the word “ah” and the other ā sounds like the vowel in the word “hay”.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    //www.holycitybiblecode.org[/URL]

davidbfun
    Participant

Elohim said, Let there be light…..Gen 1:3
    Elohim created the heavens and the earth Gen 1:1

What is God's name per Scripture? Elohim.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 29 2010,12:51)
    Elohim said, Let there be light…..Gen 1:3
    Elohim created the heavens and the earth Gen 1:1

What is God's name per Scripture?  Elohim.

Hi DBF,

Eph:5:13-14 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light:
    for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou
    that sleepest, and arise from the dead(in sin)
    , and Christ shall give thee light.

יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!

terraricca
    Participant

all

I call my father ;;;father this is the way he told me to call him.

Jesus also said to call the true God ;father, what is wrong with that ????

even the ones who say they know how to say the name of God do not know it the are DECIEVERS.

Pierre

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account