The Creator has a Name, few know it…. do you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    You speak in human terms about relationships and relate it to God without scriptural basis.Jesus only told us to call God 'Father' when we relate to Him. Should we not rather obey him?

Eliyah
    Participant

Slight correction.

The issue is not about if Father Yah knows you, because IF you truely know Him personally then you will be known by Him, and will also acknowledge Him by the Name He chose to be called by personally too.

Children when they grow up learn their Father's family name, for that is the name that others know them by personally, or would you rather people called you ” Hick or Kick Husane ““, instead of Nick Hassan ?

Your argument is absurd when viewed in the light.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus preferred to speak of his Father-13 times in Jn 5 alone. He taught us to pray to our Father. We should follow him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    If you met Yeshua how would you address him? I suggest on your knees calling him “Master” would be appropriate.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

I do OBEY Him, I call the Father Yah by His true Memorial Name He said( Exod.3:14-17) and told Moses, and I have given many scriptures in the 4 Evangels( Gospels) where Messiah did also as He said( John 17:26).

Evidently you don't believe what He said in ( John 17:26) ?

I've already explained this before, and Paul said that He( Yah the Father) was understood by the things in the natural world.

Now, answer this question .

Children when they grow up learn their Father's family name, for that is the name that others know them by personally, or would you rather people called you ” Hick or Kick Husane or maybe Saddam Hussain””, instead of Nick Hassan ?

Otherwise, go back to all those scriptural posts I gave and do as is written at the bottom of your pages…

Test( Prove) all things. Hold fast to what is good, or else go back and dis-prove those posts??

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 11 2005,04:17)
    Slight correction.

The issue is not about if Father Yah knows you, because IF you truely know Him personally then you will be known by Him, and will also acknowledge Him by the Name He chose to be called by personally too.

Children when they grow up learn their Father's family name, for that is the name that others know them by personally, or would you rather people called you ” Hick or Kick Husane ““, instead of Nick Hassan ?

Your argument is absurd when viewed in the light.

Hi,
    YHWH is not a personal name. It is a descriptive name.It is another way the living God reveals His nature to us.
    “I am who am”

Eliyah
    Participant

Where in the original texts of scriptures do you read the statement below ?

YHWH is not a personal name. It is a descriptive name.It is another way the living God reveals His nature to us.
    “I am who am”

And just what do you call the Name in ( Exod.15:2; Psalms 68:4) ?

Or, maybe, you just like to argue and see your own name beside every topic in this forum ?

I have to Laugh again, I just can't help it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Ex 15.2
    “The Lord [YHWH]is my strength and song,and he has become my salvation;this is my God[El\Elohim] and I will praise Him;my father's God[El\Elohim] and I will extol Him”
    Ps 68.4
    ” Sing to God[El\Elohim],sing praises to His Name; cast up a highway for Him whoi rides through the deserts, whose Name is the Lord[YHWH], and exult before Hiim”

These verses identify YHWH as the God we worship and serve.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

Go look in a Strongs Exaustive Concordance of the word ” LORD “ that is used in Psalms 68:4), you will see that it is Hebrew Number 3050= Yahh, or, go look up an original Hebrew computer program.

I already Know what all your corrupted translations use.

Then, come back and tell me the original Name there.

I have to Laugh again.:D

david
    Participant

Hey Nick.
    I don't think this is where we discussed it, but I think maybe that thread is closed.
    A week ago, a friend was selling their 1959 Encyclopedia Britannica's, among other things. I flipped through them. Looked up Jehovah and Yahweh as I always do when confronted with a dictionary or encyclopedia. Nick, we had been discussing how I use Jehovah and that seemed uncommon to you. I see it exactly the opposite. I see that people who study these things know the name Yahweh, but most people are familiar with Jehovah due to history and Bible translations.
    The 1959 Britannica's had a couple pages under the heading: “Jehovah.” I then looked up Yahweh. There was nothing at all in the 1959's. I then checked the back of the encyclopedia. Under “Yahweh,” it said: See Jehovah.
    My point is once again simply this: In English, the name Jehovah has been in use and still is more commonly known and recognized than Yahweh.
    True, not among the people of this forum perhaps, but to people in general, yes.

dave.

Eliyah
    Participant

Well, then what does the original Hebrew J sources translation say of ( Exodus 15:2; Psalms 68:4) that the New World Translation Bible was re-translated from ?

It says “Yah ” , from where the N.W.T. gets its “” Jah “”.

david
    Participant

Does that have anything to do at all… anything at all to do with what I just said? Anything? After writing what I did in the last post TO NICK, about how NICK asked me why I use Jehovah, I seriously considered explaining and making it clear for YOU ELIYAH that I was simply discussing the usage of Jehovah and Yahweh. Not pronunciation. I was simply pointing out what I saw a week ago that again confirmed what I see all the time. My apologies. I should have made that more clear for your sake.

dave.

Eliyah
    Participant

I recall that I said this to Nick.

And why don't you answer the question of…

How and where did the JWs come up with the name of ” Je'hovah “ ?

You avoided that question twice now.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 18 2005,07:22)
    Hey Nick.
    I don't think this is where we discussed it,  but I think maybe that thread is closed.
    A week ago, a friend was selling their 1959 Encyclopedia Britannica's, among other things.  I flipped through them.  Looked up Jehovah and Yahweh as I always do when confronted with a dictionary or encyclopedia.  Nick, we had been discussing how I use Jehovah and that seemed uncommon to you.  I see it exactly the opposite.  I see that people who study these things know the name Yahweh, but most people are familiar with Jehovah due to history and Bible translations.  
    The 1959 Britannica's had a couple pages under the heading: “Jehovah.”  I then looked up Yahweh.  There was nothing at all in the 1959's.  I then checked the back of the encyclopedia.  Under “Yahweh,” it said: See Jehovah.
    My point is once again simply this: In English, the name Jehovah has been in use and still is more commonly known and recognized than Yahweh.
    True, not among the people of this forum perhaps, but to people in general, yes.

dave.

Hi david,
    Fair point.

david
    Participant

Hey Nick, In the trinity forum, or one of them you stated: “The most popular bibles atr present here sadly are NIV and KJV.”

The KJV, which has been around for centuries, has “Jehovah” in a few places, Ps 83:18, Exodus and a couple others.
    The NIV uses LORD in place of God's name I believe.

If these are the two most common Bible's in New Zealand, then I wonder how the people of New Zealand, the normal people, (not us) are more familiar with Yahweh.

david.

david
    Participant

Eliyah, in order to get the right answers, you can't ask wrong questions. Stop asking questions that are false because they can't be answered.

It's like me repeatedly asking: Have you stopped stealing or murdering or lying yet?

You can't say “yes” and you can't say “no” to that question because it's based on a false premise, right?

Do some more research.

Eliyah
    Participant

David,

You simply either do not know, or your purposely avoiding the question.

I've already done the research.

That is WHY I'm asking YOU.

ONESPIRIT also asked you the same question and you avoided it.

Ok, I will re-phrase the question.

From where and how did the JWs arrive or begin at the conclusion to use the form name ” Je'hovah “?

Eliyah
    Participant

From where and how did the JWs arrive or begin at the conclusion to use the form name ” Je'hovah “?

Where did the JWs get this name from, and how did they arive at that name Je'hovah, and from whom or where?

Or, do you not even know yourself ?

Anonymous

Well Eliyah, tell us! I can`t contain myself, waiting. ???

Eliyah
    Participant

Why are you waiting on me for, I can't answer for the JWs, I was asking David that question, I was not asking myself that question.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account