The correct reading of deuteronomy 6:4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,11:12)

Quote (thethinker @ July 04 2009,19:31)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 04 2009,15:44)

Quote (thethinker @ July 04 2009,12:20)
    Country Boy said:

And those verses are completely true. There is but one God. However, man in his limited understanding will never completely understand the nature of God. And although we know that there is only one God, it is a limitation of the person of God to say that he cannot manifest himself in more than one person. That does not mean that there are multiple Gods. It only means that God can exist in multiple persons (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)

CB,
    You are absolutely correct. Anti-trinitarians limit God. But God said , “I shall become what I shall become” (Exodus 3:14). He said this to Moses while manifested as a bush with a fire in its midst. If God can manifest Himself as a bush with a fire in its midst then He can become a man. See the Hebrew-English Interlinear link below. God said “I shall become what I shall become.”

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo3.pdf

Modern day anti-trinitarians limit God as the ancient Gnostics did. Anti-trinitarianism is Gnosticism.

thinker

So you think God was the bush?

bd,
    The text says that God manifested Himself as a bush with a fire in its midst. Your question shows that you limit God. This is what Gnostics do. They limit God.

thinker

HiTT,
    Was God a bush? hmmm.
    So what of the angel in the bush that spoke?

Great point! Nick

Going back to the bush idea, why is it, that during that time God called himself “I AM,” when in the New Testament, Jesus calls himself “I am?” Hmmmmmm.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Where did Jesus SAY that he was I AM?

Another inference poorly taken?

He told the Jews about their first commandment without saying it was about himself.

Your confsuion will be resolved whn you know he is the son of God spoken of in Ps 2

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,07:52)
    Hi TC,

He told the Jews about their first commandment without saying it was about himself.

Your confsuion will be resolved whn you know he is the son of God spoken of in Ps 2

Nick,
    I can't believe you asked this. Irene said that you know the scriptures better than TC. Yet TC knows that Jesus said that He is the “I AM.”

John 8:24:”For if you do not believe that I AM you shall die in your sins.”

John 8:28: “When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I AM.”

John 8:58: “Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was I AM.”

It appears as if Irene erred in saying you know the scriptures better than TC.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So he said I AM.
    I thought you told us he said he is the I AM?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,09:34)
    Hi T,
    So he said I AM.
    I thought you told us he said he is the I AM?

What part of the statement “before Abraham was I AM do you not like?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 14 2009,09:33)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,07:52)
    Hi TC,

Nick,
    I can't believe you asked this. Irene said that you know the scriptures better than TC. Yet TC knows that Jesus said that He is the “I AM.”

John 8:24:”For if you do not believe that I AM you shall die in your sins.”

John 8:28: “When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I AM.”

John 8:58: “Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was I AM.”

It appears as if Irene erred in saying you know the scriptures better than TC.

thinker

John 8:28 (Young's Literal Translation)

28 Jesus, therefore, said to them, `When ye may lift up the Son of Man then ye will know that I am [he]; and of myself I do nothing, but according as my Father did teach me, these things I speak;

John 8
    24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Sound like he is saying he is the son of man.

John 8
    54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Didn't Jesus say “I know Him and keep his saying”?

1, 2, 3 strikes your out!

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

John 8:28 (Young's Literal Translation)

28 Jesus, therefore, said to them, `When ye may lift up the Son of Man then ye will know that I am [he]; and of myself I do nothing, but according as my Father did teach me, these things I speak;

bd,
    The “he” is in brackets which means that it is NOT in the Greek text. Jesus did not say “I am he.” He said “I AM.”

Before Abraham was I AM.”

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    I AM too. Are you?
    We are not God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Saying he was before Abraham is not saying he is God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,10:08)
    Hi BD,
    Saying he was before Abraham is not saying he is God.

Of course not Moses said the same thing to the people God sent him to. He said “I am that I am” I am sent.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Quote please.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,10:16)
    Hi BD,
    Quote please.

Exodus 3:14

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

God told Moses to tell them “I AM” hath sent me or “I AM” sent He didn't tell Moses to say I am that I am, so he basically said exactly what Jesus said.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So the Living God sent a message through Moses and told him to tell them so.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,11:10)
    Hi BD,
    So the Living God sent a message through Moses and told him to tell them so.

Yes!

Plus Jesus says right after that after they accuse him of calling himself God he said that they were persecuting him “because I said, I am the son of God”:

John 10

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

The people thought this:

Matthew 27
    43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

It is obvious that the people themselves didn't believe he was saying that he himself was God. The fact is they didn't believe that he was the son of God, nobody would have been thinking Jesus is God.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account