The catholic church: answering common objections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    georg
    Participant

Are you for real, look up what it means to worship in the Webster Dictonary.
    It means a PRAYER, A CHURCH SWERVICE, OR OTHER RITS SHOWING REFFERRENCE, INTENSE LOVE OR ADMORATION. TO SHOW RELIGIOS REVERENCE.
    So when you say 10 Hail Masria you worship her. And you can't tell me that you don't love Maria and admire her.
    All along with the trinuity doctrine wrong doctrine and ” in vain do you worship Me,” it says in
    Math. 15:9
    Peaceand Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Do you not call her THE MEDIATRIX OF ALL GRACES?
    You have travelled far from truth.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 01 2009,07:08)
    Hi CA,
    Do you not call her THE MEDIATRIX OF ALL GRACES?
    You have travelled far from truth.

Yiou got it Niick, but He tried to make me feel bad cause I never heard of Clement before. I looked in our Strongs Concordance and He is only in the Bible one time in Phil.'
    It makes no sense to me if he is such good companion to Paul, why He did not mention him. Do you know who this fellow is?
    Irene

clement
    klem´ent (Κλήμης, Klḗmēs, “mild”): A fellow-worker with Paul at Philippi, mentioned with especial commendation in Phi_4:3. The name being common, no inference can be drawn from this statement as to any identity with the author of the Epistle to the Corinthians published under this name, who was also the third bishop of Rome. The truth of this supposition (“it cannot be called a tradition,” Donaldson, The Apostolical Fathers, 120), although found in Origen, Eusebius, Epiphanius and Jerome, can neither be proved nor disproved. Even Roman Catholic authorities dispute it (article “Clement,” Catholic Cyclopaedia, IV, 13). The remoteness between the two in time and place is against it; “a wholly uncritical view” (Cruttwell, Literary History of Early Christianity, 31).

isbe

Participant

Hi CA:

You say:

You haven't proved that only what is in the written word is true and that there is no oral traditions outside of the written text bound on the NT people of God. I have proved to the contrary. (see 2 Thess. 2:15)

Show me what doctrines that the Catholic church considers dogma have been received through oral tradition?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 01 2009,12:48)
    Hi CA:

You say:

You haven't proved that only what is in the written word is true and that there is no oral traditions outside of the written text bound on the NT people of God.  I have proved to the contrary.  (see 2 Thess. 2:15)

Show me what doctrines that the Catholic church considers dogma have been received through oral tradition?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't think you're quite getting it. We don't parse out and say “This doctrine came from oral tradition…and this one over here came from written tradition.” It doesn't work that way. Oral and Written Tradition are one. You can't separate them without doing irreparable damage. You also need the consistent voice of the living teaching authority of the Church. (“whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven”)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You confuse the apostles with your muddled roman theologians.
    They have no such inspiration or mandate.

Just curious…has ANYONE here listened to the first message in it's entirety (all three parts)?

I encourage you to do so:

http://www.fisheaters.com/hahnapologetics.html

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 02 2009,17:12)

Hi CA:

You say:

You haven't proved that only what is in the written word is true and that there is no oral traditions outside of the written text bound on the NT people of God.  I have proved to the contrary.  (see 2 Thess. 2:15)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't think you're quite getting it.  We don't parse out and say “This doctrine came from oral tradition…and this one over here came from written tradition.”  It doesn't work that way.  Oral and Written Tradition are one.  You can't separate them without doing irreparable damage.  You also need the consistent voice of the living teaching authority of the Church.  (“whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven”)

Hi CA,
    Your foolish traditions are not one with scripture.

The vagaries of men's minds do not align with the sacred words of God at all.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 03 2009,06:40)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't think you're quite getting it.  We don't parse out and say “This doctrine came from oral tradition…and this one over here came from written tradition.”  It doesn't work that way.  Oral and Written Tradition are one.  You can't separate them without doing irreparable damage.  You also need the consistent voice of the living teaching authority of the Church.  (“whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven”)

Hi CA,
    Your foolish traditions are not one with scripture.

The vagaries of men's minds do not align with the sacred words of God at all.

Presumptuous they are…self willed…not afraid to speak evil of dignities

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Your leaders are not esteemed in the sight of God are they?
    They lead men into delusion and deception.

Nick,

OK, you said what you wanted to. Now I'm going to post this so it's not buried beneath your obvious need to post in between every person you can find. Moderating doesn't mean peanut gallery comments. It means you keep things civil and respectful between people. Unfortunately you are the most uncivilized among us many times.

Anyway, here's what I wrote again:

Just curious…has ANYONE here listened to the first message in it's entirety (all three parts)?

I encourage you to do so:

http://www.fisheaters.com/hahnapologetics.html

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Your salesmanship so far convinces only you.
    Why sell apostasy?

Participant

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

But again, if it is coming from God whether it be through oral tradition or by what has been written and is considered as Canon by the church, it must be line upon line and precept upon precept.

And many of the doctrines of the Catholic church can be refuted by what is written.

God does not speak out of both sides of his mouth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 03 2009,13:19)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

But again, if it is coming from God whether it be through oral tradition or by what has been written and is considered as Canon by the church, it must be line upon line and precept upon precept.

And many of the doctrines of the Catholic church can be refuted by what is written.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Again, you don't have one tiny piece of “what is written” that you can verify as being inspired and canonical. On what do you lean? “I prayed and Jesus told me so”?

Come on.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the 122nd successor to St. Peter in the Apostolic See of Antioch

So is the Pope not the real leader of the Catholic Church?

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 03 2009,18:42)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Again, you don't have one tiny piece of “what is written” that you can verify as being inspired and canonical.  On what do you lean?  “I prayed and Jesus told me so”?

Come on.

Hi CA:

I have the bible, and the following instruction from my God:

Jam 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
    Jam 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
    Jam 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Maybe you should try asking God if the doctrines of the Catholic church are correct. He says if any man lack wisdom, let him ask.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 06 2009,09:46)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 03 2009,18:42)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Again, you don't have one tiny piece of “what is written” that you can verify as being inspired and canonical.  On what do you lean?  “I prayed and Jesus told me so”?

Come on.

Hi CA:

I have the bible, and the following instruction from my God:

Jam 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  
    Jam 1:6   But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  
    Jam 1:7   For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.  

Maybe you should try asking God if the doctrines of the Catholic church are correct.  He says if any man lack wisdom, let him ask.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Did. Answer: Yes. But I do not lean solely on this.

There are plenty of Mormons who have told me that they prayed and God told them that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Mormon church was true.

Do you take their word for it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Why do you prefer the words of your popes to those of Jesus?

Come on.

are you placing limits on the power of the spirit? are you saying the spirit of truth is no longer amoung us?

Come on, is right Come on out of her !!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account