The Big Bang

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

Forgive me if I confused you on the first “Big Bang” post that I posted. When I said 'God created through this?' on my last title, what I meant was 'God did his creating through this?' Obviously God the Father wasn't created but the son was the first born of all creation.

Anyways, back to the topic. Do any of you believe that God used “The Big Bang” to create all life? I don't think that it is. What we do know from Scripture is that God stretched, set, or laid the Heavens like a scroll. This could actually coincide with the scientific notion/term of the Red Shift Theory. In other words, the continued expansion of the universe.

Here are some verses as proof, courtesy of

http://www.delusionresistance.org/creation/expanding_universe.html

He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. Job 9:8

He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent Psalm 104:2

By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place. Proverbs 3:19

All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved and the sky rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree. Isaiah 34:4

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. Isaiah 40:22

This is what God the LORD says, he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it… Isaiah 42:5

“This is what the LORD says–your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself… Isaiah 42:44

It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts. Isaiah 45:12

that you forget the LORD your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth… Isaiah 51:13

But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding. Jeremiah 10:12

“He made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding. Jeremiah 51:15

This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him. Zechariah 12:1

*I took some time to write this post to be honest, so it would be much appreciated if you took these things into consideration and offer a validized response, as well.

Peace, Brothers and Sisters!

:)

acertainchap
    Participant

bump :D

elaine1809
    Participant

Hi acretainchap: Thank you for that information, very interesting! based on those scriptures, it is possible.:)

NickHassan
    Participant

thanks acc.
    Interesting

acertainchap
    Participant

No problem.

Stu
    Participant

++Do any of you believe that God used “The Big Bang” to create all life?

I don't.

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Hi acertainchap

Maybe the creation was slow and even taking up to 6000 years for the earth to be prepared for the beginning of human existance?…my reason for thinking that is this…
    2Pe 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Gen 1:27  So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Gen 1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.(EVENING AND THE MORNING were the sixth day, interesting, till the day spring arise in our hearts, Night first?
    Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.  

Did God have a thousand of our years rest? A Day off??
    2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Psa 90:1 ¶ [[A Prayer of Moses the man of God.]] Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. :2  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God.
    3  Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men. :4  For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.

Also christs reign, yet a thousand years, even but one day for God? to subdue and replemish the earth, all things subject to him that has created all things

:)

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Aug. 02 2007,21:16)

I don't.

Stuart

You do believe in God, now then.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Charity

++”2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

You can equally argue that the biblical genealogical estimates are right at about 6000 years, but because of “…a thousand years as one day” the Earth is only 6 years old.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Aug. 02 2007,23:55)

Quote (Stu @ Aug. 02 2007,21:16)

I don't.

Stuart

You do believe in God, now then.

Please read your question again.

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Hi Stuart

Genisis seems to only record the works of God on Earth time
    Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

According to Enoch, on Gods time clock, Adam lived, 5 and half hours of one day all up

Thanks for your reply stuart

Stu
    Participant

Hi again acertainchap

I had a quick look at http://www.delusionresistance.org/creation/expanding_universe.html
    It is so full of lies and poor logic I lost count of the errors after two paragraphs.

I chose this paragraph to exemplify what I mean:

++”Kent proposed a very interesting problem to the professor.

This is the same Kent Hovind who is currently in jail in South Carolina for tax evasion?

++”Kent started to talk about a merry-go-round and how at certain speeds you would receive different reactions from the children. Kent worked up the story to a point where at around 100 miles per hour the children would fly off the device. He said that the children would all spin off in the same direction and that they too would spin in the same direction as the merry-go-round. The professor interjected that he was aware of the conservation of angular momentum and confirmed that Kent was right. Kent then proposed that since this is true, then if the big bang was true then the same principle should apply, to which the professor agreed. He then asked the professor why two planets in the solar system spin backward. The professor said that this was new to him and suggested that perhaps an object struck the planets to turn them around.

The professor’s statement is entirely consistent with the model of planetary development by accretion of the orbiting dust within the planet’s (increasing) gravitational field. The spin would depend in part on the placements of the points of impact of the particles over time. Mr. Hovind implies that the matter from the Big Bang immediately formed the planets in our solar system, but there is a difference of several billion years and at least one supernova between the Big Bang and the formation of our planet.

++”Kent laughed and asked if the professor was aware of what it would take reverse the spin of an entire planet?

Kent laughs at logic a lot. I wonder if he laughed when Answers In Genesis started criticising his lack of logic?

++”Kent asked, “wouldn't it leave a big scar on the body?”

The planets don’t have such scars because their surfaces were molten (or gaseous) during the time of formation.

++”Then Kent said six of the moons in the solar system also spin backward. Kent then said that he knew why those bodies spin backward. He told the professor that God did it that way to make the big bang look stupid.

I don’t think it is the Big Bang that looks stupid.

++”Boy, you can't argue with logic can you.

There seems to be little point in wasting good logic on Mr. Hovind. Had I been that professor I think I would have asked for a change of seat, or a parachute.

Stuart

acertainchap
    Participant

Stu, do you believe in the Big Bang Theory?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ July 31 2007,00:53)
    Anyways, back to the topic. Do any of you believe that God used “The Big Bang” to create all life? I don't think that it is. What we do know from Scripture is that God stretched, set, or laid the Heavens like a scroll. This could actually coincide with the scientific notion/term of the Red Shift Theory. In other words, the continued expansion of the universe.

The universe is also suppose to be speeding up. So is God opening the scroll faster?

Mark 13:20
    If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.

Who knows.

Stu
    Participant

Hi acertainchap

++”Stu, do you believe in the Big Bang Theory?

I think it is the best explanation we have for the origin of the universe.
    The evidence for it includes the Hubble law expansion which is the observation that the fastest moving galaxies are the furthest distance from us, the Cosmic Background Radiation that was predicted by the model and subsequenty demonstrated, and the agreement between observations and mathematical predictions from the model of the relative amounts of the light elements and their isotopes.

When you tune your TV away from the station signals, a small percentage of the random black-and-white dots you see (is it 4%?) are caused by radiation left over from the Big Bang. Makes better viewing than 96% of the stuff broadcast!

The Big Bang theory (for it fully has that noble status) is very recent and refinements will be needed in the future. It is almost universally accepted by scientists on the strength of the evidence and the predictions it has made that have been subsequently confirmed.

Stuart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account