THE BIBLE and GOD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dk,
    Best choice.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,08:30)
    Hi dk,
    Best choice.

compared to what?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Exactly

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,08:58)
    Hi DK,
    Exactly

:)

You are funny….

The questions still remain

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    You could find other gods and other books you admire about them but none have the promises.

Participant

HI DK:

I know that the God of the bible is the One and Only true God because His Spirit witnesses with my spirit that I am His child.  God has delivered me from a life style through which I was destroying myself and my family.  He has forgiven me of all of the sins that I committed prior to coming into a relationship with Him, and He has forgiven me the many mistakes that I have made since coming into a personal relationship with Him.  He has radically transformed my life for the better and is continuing His work in me as I become the person He wants me to be as I learn to apply His Word to my daily life.

Also, know that the God of the bible is the One and ONLY True God, because He has spoken to me in an audible voice, and through dreams and visions and through His Word.  He has provided my family and me with our daily needs and has given me a heart of compassion to help those who are suffering in this world.

Before entering into a personal relationship with Him, I did not know what love was all about.

Granted there are many things in the bible that are difficult to understand.  Especially, in the OT.  But if you want to know God focus on the scripture posted below.

Jesus stated: “He who hath seen me hath seen the Father”.  Greater love hath no man than he should lose his life for his friends.

All religions or at least most religions try to do good works.  They are therefore trying to earn their salvation through what they do.  In contrast to this, Christianity God has provided the propitiation for the sins of the whole world, and so, although we do good works, those works are in obedience to God's plan for the salvation of mankind from the destruction caused by sin. It, therefore, not because of my goodness that I can be saved but because of the goodness of God and what he has done for humanity through His Son and His Christ.

Only God can change a person's heart.  No other religion can do that.  It appears to me that the gospel has been preached at one time or another in all of the world, but in some areas where it had previouly been preached other religions have come in and dominated.  Much of this probalbly happened because the Catholic church, and its false doctrines.

It appears to me that many here on this website are trying to teach the Word of God and understand the bible without first being born again, and without the Spirit of God dwelling within you cannot understand the bible.

1Jo 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1Jo 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

1Jo 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1Jo 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

I am praying for all that God will reveal the truth to you because I love you and want God's very best for you.  Jesus is God's gift of love to humanity.  The propitiation for my sins and yours.  Without this, there is no resurrection from the dead.  You cannot have a personal relationship with God except through the body of Christ.

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 16 2008,07:45)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 16 2008,06:14)
    DK and other fellow doubters:

I feel that I am about to come full circle.  I've been the doubting road, I've asked the questions (that have no answers).  I've read the other books, I've explored the other religions.

Here's the thing, where else can we turn?  Who else can we cling to?  What else do we know or have become convinced of?  If not Jesus; if not God our Creator?  The bible, in my opinion, was written by man.  Nothing is or ever was perfect except for Jesus.  We cannot have perfection until that Day.  But we have hope, and we have faith (if we don't smother it with doubt).

Everyone has to walk their own circle.  I called my circle the “Trek for truth”.  What did I find at the end of my trek?  I can tell you now:  Nothing new; nothing new under the sun.  No new revelation, new religion, or new God was found.

I still don't trust the bible.  But I trust God, and I trust my salvation is in his Son who died for me and was raised to life!  This is the culture message that I have been given.  This is my way to God; I'm taking it.  I want God, and he knows it.  If I'm wrong to do the things I do in honor of him (including church, bible reading, christmas celebrating and so on), then I'm sure he will reveal it to me – maybe not even until that Day will we know what is acceptable, and what he would have rather we let go of?  Don't sweat it, just press on towards the goal.

One thing that is for certain, today is the day of salvation!  If you hear his voice, open up your heart to him and let him in!  Worry about what church to attend, and which version of the bible to read later.  Make a solid decision in your heart to follow him…..to follow.

Love to all who search,
    Mandy

I don't have a problem with you walking by the words of the bible…I just think you have to make sure you seperate what you think GOD's words are and conversely what you think are mens…

This question I pose to all who have “come full circle” in their search….

In your search, I'm sure you inquired of people who believe just as strongly in thier particular faith as do you….did you ever delve into what made THOSE particular people believe
    JUST AS STRONGLY in their faith as you do christianity?

And if you did…what did you discover?

What did that tell you about GOD and faith?

I've stressed this point a few times recently – we are born into a culture, a people, a religion. Chances are, if you are a southern American, you're a brand of Christianity. If you're born in India, chances are you're some brand of Hindu. So to a large degree, you are given your belief in God purely by birth/nation.

For those that are born one religion and convert to another, I have found that the number one reason is disenchantment with a church body (members, a set of rules, a particular doctrine, or disagreements with the bible on watershed issues such as homosexuality).

Rarely is there new enlightenment, just new holy books to become familiar with (psst! Chances are – the new religions holy books are flawed too).

Not3in1
    Participant

I've heard this said a couple times by a two different members: “The God of the Bible.”

Hmmmm For some reason this doesn't settle with me. I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't sound right.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 16 2008,11:32)

I feel that I am about to come full circle.  I've been the doubting road, I've asked the questions (that have no answers).  I've read the other books, I've explored the other religions.

Here's the thing, where else can we turn?  Who else can we cling to?  What else do we know or have become convinced of?  If not Jesus; if not God our Creator?  The bible, in my opinion, was written by man.  Nothing is or ever was perfect except for Jesus.  We cannot have perfection until that Day.  But we have hope, and we have faith (if we don't smother it with doubt).

Everyone has to walk their own circle.  I called my circle the “Trek for truth”.  What did I find at the end of my trek?  I can tell you now:  Nothing new; nothing new under the sun.  No new revelation, new religion, or new God was found.

I still don't trust the bible.  But I trust God, and I trust my salvation is in his Son who died for me and was raised to life!  This is the culture message that I have been given.  This is my way to God; I'm taking it.  I want God, and he knows it.  If I'm wrong to do the things I do in honor of him (including church, bible reading, christmas celebrating and so on), then I'm sure he will reveal it to me – maybe not even until that Day will we know what is acceptable, and what he would have rather we let go of?  Don't sweat it, just press on towards the goal.

One thing that is for certain, today is the day of salvation!  If you hear his voice, open up your heart to him and let him in!  Worry about what church to attend, and which version of the bible to read later.  Make a solid decision in your heart to follow him…..to follow.

Love to all who search,
    Mandy

I don't have a problem with you walking by the words of the bible…I just think you have to make sure you seperate what you think GOD's words are and conversely what you think are mens…

In your search, I'm sure you inquired of people who believe just as strongly in thier particular faith as do you….did you ever delve into what made THOSE particular people believe

I've stressed this point a few times recently – we are born into a culture, a people, a religion.  Chances are, if you are a southern American, you're a brand of Christianity.  If you're born in India, chances are you're some brand of Hindu.  So to a large degree, you are given your belief in God purely by birth/nation.

For those that are born one religion and convert to another, I have found that the number one reason is disenchantment with a church body (members, a set of rules, a particular doctrine, or disagreements with the bible on watershed issues such as homosexuality).  

Rarely is there new enlightenment, just new holy books to become familiar with (psst!  Chances are – the new religions holy books are flawed too).

Hi not3,
    So your birth into a culture makes the religion of that culture kosher?

God has a religion for every culture that are all the same despite their differences that make them hate each other?

Sooner or later you have to know and say without shame that our God is greater than their gods and our book is His revelation.

1Kings 18
    36And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.

37Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

38Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

39And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

The son of God will uphold those before God who uphold him.

Matthew 10:32
    Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,12:19)
    Sooner or later you have to know and say without shame that our God is greater than their gods and our book is His revelation.

Here's the thing though….I'm not so sure their so-called god is not the same God that I serve! Something to ponder….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Perhaps the god of the baals had some merit?
    Surely not

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 16 2008,11:32)

I feel that I am about to come full circle. I've been the doubting road, I've asked the questions (that have no answers). I've read the other books, I've explored the other religions.

Here's the thing, where else can we turn? Who else can we cling to? What else do we know or have become convinced of? If not Jesus; if not God our Creator? The bible, in my opinion, was written by man. Nothing is or ever was perfect except for Jesus. We cannot have perfection until that Day. But we have hope, and we have faith (if we don't smother it with doubt).

Everyone has to walk their own circle. I called my circle the “Trek for truth”. What did I find at the end of my trek? I can tell you now: Nothing new; nothing new under the sun. No new revelation, new religion, or new God was found.

I still don't trust the bible. But I trust God, and I trust my salvation is in his Son who died for me and was raised to life! This is the culture message that I have been given. This is my way to God; I'm taking it. I want God, and he knows it. If I'm wrong to do the things I do in honor of him (including church, bible reading, christmas celebrating and so on), then I'm sure he will reveal it to me – maybe not even until that Day will we know what is acceptable, and what he would have rather we let go of? Don't sweat it, just press on towards the goal.

One thing that is for certain, today is the day of salvation! If you hear his voice, open up your heart to him and let him in! Worry about what church to attend, and which version of the bible to read later. Make a solid decision in your heart to follow him…..to follow.

Love to all who search,
    Mandy

I've stressed this point a few times recently – we are born into a culture, a people, a religion. Chances are, if you are a southern American, you're a brand of Christianity. If you're born in India, chances are you're some brand of Hindu. So to a large degree, you are given your belief in God purely by birth/nation.

Rarely is there new enlightenment, just new holy books to become familiar with (psst! Chances are – the new religions holy books are flawed too).

Hi not3,
    So your birth into a culture makes the religion of that culture kosher?

God has a religion for every culture that are all the same despite their differences that make them hate each other?

1Kings 18
    36And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.

37Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

38Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

39And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

The son of God will uphold those before God who uphold him.

Matthew 10:32
    Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Nick,

We were given the scriptures of the OT from Jews whom God thought was apostate – In one part of the scriptures it says Moses said God said to do sacrifices and burnt offerings (the same as the heathens sacrifice) and then in Isaiah and Jeremiah it has God saying he never instructed sacrifices

Jer 7:21Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
    Jer 7:22For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
    Jer 7:23But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Jer 7:24But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels [and] in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
    Jer 7:25Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending [them]:

Isa 1:11To what purpose [is] the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
    Isa 1:12When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
    Isa 1:13Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; [it is] iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
    Isa 1:14Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].
    Isa 1:15And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
    Isa 1:16Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
    Isa 1:17Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Your Master believed in the OT and proved his mission from it.
    We should follow him.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,12:27)
    Hi not3,
    Perhaps the god of the baals had some merit?
    Surely not

Of course the writer's of the bible had reasons for only wanting business for themselves and their God. But the real power came when Jesus demonstrated the healing power of the Almighty. That got everyone's attention, as it would today. But we just don't see it, do we? So folks put a name and a brand to their God. Most folks that I have talked to sound like they are serving the same God that I am – only his name is different.

I chatted with a native American not too long ago who described her worship services, and the sun dance that they ritually performed for their High Spirit. They call God by a different name than I do…..but boy, to talk to her, she knows the Father alright.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    So you do not have a gospel to share?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,18:38)
    Hi not3,
    So you do not have a gospel to share?

Oh, I share it. Other's have their gospel to share. If you listen (without fear) you will find they are similiar, if not identical.

The bible gives us the fear factor because we are told there is no “other” gospel. That if anyone preaches another gospel we are to run like hell. But could that of been Paul's private self-esteem issues coming to a head? :laugh:

I'm just saying that these folks love the High Spirit. This High Spirit is the Creator and giver of all life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    What is your gospel?
    Do these folk too need the mediator between men and God?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 16 2008,12:25)

Here's the thing though….I'm not so sure their so-called god is not the same God that I serve!  Something to ponder….

:;):

exactly

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,18:43)
    Hi not3,
    What is your gospel?
    Do these folk too need the mediator between men and God?

Our “gospel” is the same one that transcends ALL faith and culture…simply:

Love the creator (yahweh,allah,vishnu, etc)

and

Love your neighbor…

Jesus himself said everything hangs on those to laws…

Well it sure is funny that those two “laws” happen to be the central tenants of ALL faiths around the world…

coincedence? I think not ???

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 16 2008,10:22)
    HI DK:

I know that the God of the bible is the One and Only true God because His Spirit witnesses with my spirit that I am His child.  God has delivered me from a life style through which I was destroying myself and my family.  He has forgiven me of all of the sins that I committed prior to coming into a relationship with Him, and He has forgiven me the many mistakes that I have made since coming into a personal relationship with Him.  He has radically transformed my life for the better and is continuing His work in me as I become the person He wants me to be as I learn to apply His Word to my daily life.

Also, know that the God of the bible is the One and ONLY True God, because He has spoken to me in an audible voice, and through dreams and visions and through His Word.  He has provided my family and me with our daily needs and has given me a heart of compassion to help those who are suffering in this world.

Before entering into a personal relationship with Him, I did not know what love was all about.

Granted there are many things in the bible that are difficult to understand.  Especially, in the OT.  But if you want to know God focus on the scripture posted below.

Jesus stated: “He who hath seen me hath seen the Father”.  Greater love hath no man than he should lose his life for his friends.

All religions or at least most religions try to do good works.  They are therefore trying to earn their salvation through what they do.  In contrast to this, Christianity God has provided the propitiation for the sins of the whole world, and so, although we do good works, those works are in obedience to God's plan for the salvation of mankind from the destruction caused by sin.  It, therefore, not because of my goodness that I can be saved but because of the goodness of God and what he has done for humanity through His Son and His Christ.

Only God can change a person's heart.  No other religion can do that.  It appears to me that the gospel has been preached at one time or another in all of the world, but in some areas where it had previouly been preached other religions have come in and dominated.  Much of this probalbly happened because the Catholic church, and its false doctrines.

It appears to me that many here on this website are trying to teach the Word of God and understand the bible without first being born again, and without the Spirit of God dwelling within you cannot understand the bible.

1Jo 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1Jo 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

1Jo 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1Jo 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

I am praying for all that God will reveal the truth to you because I love you and want God's very best for you.  Jesus is God's gift of love to humanity.  The propitiation for my sins and yours.  Without this, there is no resurrection from the dead.  You cannot have a personal relationship with God except through the body of Christ.

God Bless

Your experience..while beautiful..

is not common to Christianity…I can point you to similar experiences from people of ALL faiths and creeds…

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account