THE BIBLE and GOD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,11:06)
    Hi Tim,
    You are not accused of anything by anyone here.
    But we need to warn each other.

Hi Nick,
    Fair enough.
    Sometimes it is difficult to understand your meaning
    across the time and space of the internet.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2008,11:41)
    Hi Tim:

The scriptures tell you why God sent them a delusion that they should believe a lie.

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; BECAUSE THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE  TRUTH, THAT THEY MIGHT BE SAVED.
    2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

In this last day God will gather all of humanity into two separate bodies, the body of Christ, to reap eternal life, and body of Anti-Christ to reap judgment according to their own works.   God is not willing that any man should perish, but that all should come to Him with a repentant heart through the provision that He has given in the Lord Jesus.  It is a choice. (Matthew 25:31:46)

Hi 94,

Thank you for responding but
    I still do not understand how it is a choice if God makes them believe a lie. The only way that a person can make a choice is if they have all the facts.

Tim

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 23 2008,22:05)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 23 2008,11:41)
    Hi Tim:

The scriptures tell you why God sent them a delusion that they should believe a lie.

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; BECAUSE THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE  TRUTH, THAT THEY MIGHT BE SAVED.
    2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

In this last day God will gather all of humanity into two separate bodies, the body of Christ, to reap eternal life, and body of Anti-Christ to reap judgment according to their own works.   God is not willing that any man should perish, but that all should come to Him with a repentant heart through the provision that He has given in the Lord Jesus.  It is a choice. (Matthew 25:31:46)

Hi 94,

Thank you for responding but
    I still do not understand how it is a choice if God makes them believe a lie. The only way that a person can make a choice is if they have all the facts.

Tim

Greeting Tim……No one person can learn from God unless he seeks God in spirit and truth,this is a calling that can only come through Jesus….and as you know, given the times we are in, many are called but few choosen….The Abramic peoples(eg.the decendants of the tribes of Israel)are the beneficiaries of a promise made to Abraham by God that from his loins will come kings and great nations….The same promise was bestowed on Ishmael…As a result of this promise ,Britain,US and several Euro countries and their protectorates were blessed with prosperity….It would not take to much effort to trace these peoples roots to the lost tribes of Israel….Some more obvious than others…Ther are many on this earth that do not know of the God of Abraham,however, there will come a time when the knowledge of God and his law will be throughout the world and I believe that time will last 1000 years….And after that the judgement….There will be those who live in this time and with full knowledge reject God and his government….and there will be those who see the truth and believe….God is not trying to save this world when he decides, he just will….

david
    Participant

What of the dedicated Buddhist who will never hear about Jesus as long as he lives?

Did he make the wrong choice?

Is he living under a rock? Jesus fortold that in the conclusion of this world, the good news would be preached in all the nations. (Mat 24:14)

What of the past, when this wasn't being preached?

“God has overlooked the times of such ignorance, yet now he is telling mankind that they should all everywhere repent. ” (acts 17:30)
    And of course, not even in this time will everyone be reached, that is why there is a ressurection of both the righteous and the unrighteous (who will be given that chance.)

I know a buddhist who was certainly not born a buddhist. Yes, he made the wrong choice.

It is said that on his deathbed, the Buddha told his disciples: “Seek salvation alone in the truth; look not for assistance to anyone besides yourself.”
    Thus, according to the Buddha, enlightenment comes, not from God, but from personal effort in developing right thinking and good deeds. Right thinking and good deeds are important. But either the Bible writers were wrong to continually say we need God's help or Buddha was wrong. But what we do know is that those who say that both are right and there are a million good roads–that person is wrong–because these roads conflict with one another.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi DK,

Are you still out there? You kind of disappeared from this thread. Have you had your questions answered?

Do you think that it is possible that some day God will shake His head sadly and ask why we ever believed the
    reprehensible things written about Him in the bible?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tim4,
    So your god is not of the Bible?
    The bible is not of God to you?
    So what is your foundation?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Is your God incapable of making Himself known to anyone except through a book written
    thousands of years ago?
    Has your God lost the ability to communicate Himself?
    Must He depend on people that claim that He talked to them centuries ago to tell us about Him?

My foundation is based on my experience with God.
    If He leads me to believe that a book may have lied about His character, I must believe Him.
    Because I believe IN Him.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    So now you think you know God you can judge His book and discard it?
    I presume you will never quote it again?

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 18 2009,23:01)

Hi Nick,
    Is your God incapable of making Himself known to anyone except through a book written
    thousands of years ago?
    Has your God lost the ability to communicate Himself?
    Must He depend on people that claim that He talked to them centuries ago to tell us about Him?

If He leads me to believe that a book may have lied about His character, I must believe Him.
    Because I believe IN Him.

Tim

Hi Tim

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 18 2009,23:01)

Seriously Tim, then what do you believe in the scriptures? ???

And how can you be sure that the scriptures you believe in are not corrupted also? Experience that is not backed up by scripture is a slippery slope IMO.

For other foundation” can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 3:11

And are built upon the **foundation** of the *apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ* himself being the chief corner stone“; Eph 2:20

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, “I have laid the foundation“, and another buildeth thereon. “But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon“. 1 Cor 3:10

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble (Experience); 1 Cor 3:12

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And “that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures“, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God“, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 1 Tim 3:14-17

Maybe you can give us a scripture where Jesus himself condemned the writing of the Apostles and the Prophets.

Of course what you will find is Jesus not only Called them out by name (the OT Prophets) in support of them, but also quoted them (like Moses).

Jesus even claims that the scriptures (Septuagint) were written about him. John 5:39

This is exactly why there are so many differences of beliefs because men go by their “own experience” rather than just accepting the written scriptures in which scriptures themselves claim Divine inspiration.

WJ

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2009,04:50)
    Hi Tim4,
    So now you think you know God you can judge His book and discard it?
    I presume you will never quote it again?

Hi Nick,
    I read it. I may quote it.
    I just haven't been lead to worship it as you do.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 19 2009,05:20)
    And how can you be sure that the scriptures you believe in are not corrupted also? WJ

Hi WorshippingJesus,

I can't. :(

I appreciate your thoughts.
    Thank you,
    Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    If you do not believe what is written how could you quote it as if it was of value to others?

lineon
    Participant

Hi people

I think this is a very very sad thread
    Talking about our God as you do.

There is a spiritual world out there
    Influencing us humans on a massive scale.

Evil [the devil] has got the upper hand.
    This evil has down graded us to such an
    Extent that the road to recovery is impossible,
    i.e. on our own steam.

Dan 10:13  But the angel of the kingdom of Persia put himself against me for twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief angels, came to my help; and when I came he was still there with the angel of the kings of Persia.

Jud 1:9  Now when Michael, one of the chief angels, was fighting against the Evil One for the body of Moses, fearing to make use of violent words against him, he only said, May the Lord be your judge.

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,

jn6

66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Lineon,
    Who in this thread has said anything against God?
    I sometimes feel the need to defend His character against what the bible says about him.
    Do you believe that the bible IS God?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn6
    60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

We must put aside offence and continue trusting.

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 19 2009,05:46)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 19 2009,05:20)
    And how can you be sure that the scriptures you believe in are not corrupted also? WJ

Hi WorshippingJesus,

I can't.  :(

I appreciate your thoughts.
    Thank you,
    Tim

Hi Tim.

I see. So then I suppose that everytime you refer to the scriptures or quote a passage and your understanding of it and that God has shown that truth to you “by experience”, then it should have a waver attached to it that says…

(That is if the scriptures are true)? ???

Is that right?

Just wanted to know where you stand.

Thanks for the response.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Of course there is no trinity mentioned in the bible either.
    But tradition supplies the evidence for you does it not?

lineon
    Participant

Hi Tim

A bible
    A book
    Words
    Full stops
    Authors
    Philosophers
    Pen
    Paper
    Scissors
    Cut
    A bible
    A book
    Jesus should be in our look!

No I don't believe the bible is God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    There is lovely harmony in the bible binding the NT and the OT in unity.
    Along with nature this has always been for me the most obvious expression of our God

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account