The bible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,12:00)
    Hi Tow,
    You did call yourself righteous.
    Why?

It is merely another name used to describe someone referred to as child of Noah, or Noahide. If you want to know where the term comes from, check out http://www.moshiach.com/action/morality/in-depth.php

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    God certainly gave promises to the chosen people with regard to observance of the Law.
    You are not among the owners of the promises as a gentile are you?
    Can you graft yourself to them and also inherit their rights?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,12:19)
    Hi tow,
    God certainly gave promises to the chosen people with regard to observance of the Law.
    You are not among the owners of the promises as a gentile are you?
    Can you graft yourself to them and also inherit their rights?

Not unless I convert which I am not want to do. Yet you have no right either so we are in the same boat. The words of the apostate Paul will not make up for this. He is one man versus all of the Tanakh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So you are outside of the promises and hopeful only that you can be saved?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,13:33)
    Hi Tow,
    So you are outside of the promises and hopeful only that you can be saved?

There are no exclusive promises. The Mosaic covenant has to do with Israel being a chosen people in that they have been pointed out to represent the power of G-d. YHVH did not abandon the rest of humanity. If that had been the case He would never have given Ninevah, a Gentile city, the opportunity to repent. They were not under the Mosaic covenant and yet G-d cared for them.

You are a rather selfish person if you think Christianity alone is the way to know G-d. There is absolutely no basis for this outside of the GT.

Zec 8:23 Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, 'Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'”

As you can see, G-d is using the nation of Israel as His example, not as the only who will share in the world to come. Otherwise, why would people bother turning to the Jews for guidance in knowing G-d?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Indeed God loves the Jews.
    But he has made a new way for gentiles through His Son.
    That is their secure hope.

God is merciful and will save the merciful. He has a heart for the poor and downtrodden and they will be taken form the hedgerows to to fill the places at the wedding feast.

But hope for gentiles through promises to Jews is faint indeed.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,14:37)
    Hi Tow,
    Indeed God loves the Jews.
    But he has made a new way for gentiles through His Son.
    That is their secure hope.

Sorry but there really is no support for this assertion outside of the GT. It is not supported in the slightest in Tanakh. If you cannot show evidence of your statement in Tanakh, your come up empty.

God is merciful and will save the merciful. He has a heart for the poor and downtrodden and they will be taken form the hedgerows to to fill the places at the wedding feast.

But hope for gentiles through promises to Jews is faint indeed.

Today more people have the means to study Tanakh than ever before. I think Christianity's purpose was to get people to notice the 'old testament'. The few that actually read what is written there find the true G-d of all flesh and shed themselves of the pagan religion of Christianity, which was really modeled after Mithras.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Since the Tanakh does not apply specifically to you why would it help?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,16:11)
    Hi Tow,
    Since the Tanakh does not apply specifically to you why would it help?

Because it shows who YHVH is, in terms that mankind can best understand. YHVH is not even found in the GT so no one can be sure who 'god the father' really is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The Son of God can do more than teach you ABOUT God. That does not save anyone though it is a starting point.
    Through him you can know the love of God.
    But if you are a genuine lover of God you will hear His voice resonating in His son and your heart will be warmed as you listen as happened in Lk24.
    If none of these things apply to you then I cannot help you.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,16:31)
    Hi Tow,
    The Son of God can do more than teach you ABOUT God. That does not save anyone though it is a starting point.
    Through him you can know the love of God.
    But if you are a genuine lover of God you will hear His voice resonating in His son and your heart will be warmed as you listen as happened in Lk24.
    If none of these things apply to you then I cannot help you.

Nope. His son is found in Tanakh

Exo 4:22 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD, Israel is my firstborn son

Jer 31:9 With weeping they shall come, and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back, I will make them walk by brooks of water, in a straight path in which they shall not stumble, for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    True.
    But no gentiles there.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,16:48)
    Hi Tow,
    True.
    But no gentiles there.

No. But if you have a firstborn son, do you love the rest of your children less? I hope not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    We do not rely on inference.
    We do not design God according to our ways.
    What is written is true.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2007,18:19)
    Hi Tow,
    We do not rely on inference.
    We do not design God according to our ways.
    What is wrirtten is true.

Ok then. The Nook of Mormon is written, as is the Koran. According to your criteria, those are true.

Towshab
    Participant

Oops, meant “The Book of Mormon”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Are all books written the Word of God?
    Is scripture not sacred to you?

You must not assume the ATTITUDES OF GOD
    God is not made in our image.

kejonn
    Participant

What is the true “word of God” to you Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kj,
    I love all the books that are accepted in the canon and they are enough to work with, but I also love Enoch and the apocrypha and others such as are on this site as well.

I continue to be astounded at the order and beauty and depth and harmony in the words that breathe life for men.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 10 2007,14:33)
    What is the true “word of God” to you Nick?

kejonn I thought you got lost?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account