The Beast of Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    before Time
    Participant

Greeting…to all

Who or what is the beast of Revelation? Coming to some considerations it would serve good to uncover some clues who this monster is lingering inside a most symbolic dynamic book.

There are two views on the writing of Revelation by John, possible John the Apostle. The late date view is the most popular and the early date running not far behind.

Was the volume addressed to the first century audience or a future generation in some time or place, or to both?

What was the intention of its writing given by God to show his servant John?

Finally, what is the theme of the manuscript?

I consider after these questions are addressed the beast will not be veiled under a dark cloud of assumption …. Or will it.

Before Time

Participant

Quote (before Time @ Aug. 11 2008,07:50)
    Greeting…to all

Who or what is the beast of Revelation? Coming to some considerations it would serve good to uncover some clues who this monster is lingering inside a most symbolic dynamic book.

There are two views on the writing of Revelation by John, possible John the Apostle. The late date view is the most popular and the early date running not far behind.

Was the volume addressed to the first century audience or a future generation in some time or place, or to both?

I consider after these questions are addressed the beast will not be veiled under a dark cloud of assumption …. Or will it.

Before Time

Hi before Time:

The beast is the Anti-Christ who will come from one of the seven heads or nations that have ruled over the nation of Israel.  At the time that John was writing this, he says five of these nation have fallen, and they are Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia, Greece, Media/Persia.  He says that one is which is Rome, and he says that the other is yet to come.  Don't know exactly about this one, but possibly the Ottoman Empire.  The Anti-Christ will come from one of these kingdoms and is the eighth kingdom, and he along with 10 nations are the beast that will come against God's people.  And those who are alive at this time and not saved will worship him, and receive the mark of the beast, and will be judged by the seven last plagues.

I personally believe, based on some clues that I see in the Word of God, that the Anti-Christ will come from Syria.

Because Antiochus Epiphanes who desecrated the Jewish symbolizes the abomination of desolation which will occur just prior to the great tribulation.  

Also, in Daniel we find the following verses of scripture which are referring to the king of the North which was Syria.

Dan 11:29 ¶ At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.
    Dan 11:30  For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
    Dan 11:31  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily [sacrifice], and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
    Dan 11:32  And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do [exploits].
    Dan 11:33  And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, [many] days.
    Dan 11:34  Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
    Dan 11:35  And [some] of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make [them] white, [even] to the time of the end: because [it is] yet for a time appointed.
    Dan 11:36 ¶ And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
    Dan 11:37  Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
    Dan 11:38  But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
    Dan 11:39  Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge [and] increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
    Dan 11:40 ¶ And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
    Dan 11:41  He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many [countries] shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, [even] Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
    Dan 11:42  He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
    Dan 11:43  But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians [shall be] at his steps.
    Dan 11:44  But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
    Dan 11:45  And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

You ask:

I believe that it was written to Christians of all generations because of the following scripture:

Rev 1:19  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

And the you ask:

The intention by God was to show his servants things that were to come:

to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass

Finally, you ask:

This I believe is to show that the faithful in Jesus Christ will prevail and the wicked will be judged according to their works.

Rev 15:2  And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
    Rev 15:3  And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works
    , Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.
    Rev 15:4  Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for [thou] only [art] holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 22:14  Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15  For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
    Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.
    Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

God Bless

before Time
    Participant

Greeting… 942767

Good stuff 942767! My answer will be addressed from an early date view of the writing of Revelation. The late date idea will have no meaning in the following post if this is not mentioned. This will be brought out as we go along to a halt any confusion arising from this topic.

In my estimation verses one and three of Revelation chapter one are clues or time indicator to the nearness of the following event of the book. Verse one: “the things which must soon take place” verse three: “for the time is near.” Also in verse three John said: “Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy.”

The Letter was written to the seven churches in Asia under distress from Roman prosecution brought about by Nero. Rev. 1:9, 11. It was a letter of encouragement for a waiting event soon. The brothers were waiting for relief from the onslaught of the enemy. Rev. 6:10-11

The verse you brought up 942767 in Revelation 1:19 is an interesting one but how far in the future did John suggest. Was he speaking of a two-thousand year or more time frame? How would that have comforted those who read the letter for the first time?

As for the identity of the beast being the antichrist there is no expression of it in Revelation, the only time the antichrist is mention in the bible is in the letters of John. 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3 2 John 7. In addition, in 1 John 4:3 it says: “Antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is “already” in the world.” NASU

Daniel is told to “seal up the words” of the book because the time was a long way off, the “end of the age”. Dan 12:9, 12

fascinatingly John in Revelation is told “not to seal up the words for the time was near.” So we see there is internal evidence within the book itself to give us enough hints while calculating the number of the beast. Rev. 13:18;22:10

God Bless

Before Time

Participant

Hi brother before Time:

We as born again believers in every generation find encouragement and comfort through the scriptures.  In every generation we are told to expect to suffer persecution even as our Lord suffered in His ministry on earth.  Those Christians who were persecuted during the Roman Empire indeed were comforted and encouraged by the scriptures in the book of Revelation.  Many were severly tested as many were made sport for the Romans in the Colosseum.  They did not receive the mark of the beast.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.  

Perhaps there is no mention of the word “Anti-Christ” in the book of Revelation, but any one that comes against the body of Christ is Anti-Christ.

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

I believe that there is sufficient scriptural evidence that the following scriptures pertain to the Anti-Christ and are supported by scripture both in the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation:

2Th 2:2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    2Th 2:5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    2Th 2:6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    2Th 2:7  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
    2Th 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    2Th 2:9  [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Dan 11:31  And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily [sacrifice], and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Dan 11:36 ¶ And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Rev 13:3  And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    Rev 13:4  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    Rev 13:5  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.
    Rev 13:6  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    Rev 13:7  And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    Rev 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world

You say:

fascinatingly John in Revelation is told “not to seal up the words for the time was near.” So we see there is internal evidence within the book itself to give us enough hints while calculating the number of the beast. Rev. 13:18;22:10

Please clarify what you mean by “hints while calculating the number of the beast”.  Thanks.

No man knows the day or the hour, therefore, the “time is at hand” from the time Jesus prevailed to open the “the seven seals”.

Rev 5:5  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Rev 22:10  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    Rev 22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    Rev 22:14  Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15  For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie

God Bless

Irene
    Participant

Hello BT

There are three beasts with seven heads in the book of Rev., while the seven heads always have the same meaning, the seven major empires, six have already been mentioned, the seventh head was “the League of Nation”; it did not last long and out of it came the eighth, “the United Nation”; the horns and crowns do not.
    First you need to know that ten does not always mean ten individuals, it represents the number of all included, or completion. Horns symbolize power, and crowns symbolize ruler-ship.

The beast in Rev. 12 is pictured as the dragon, showing that he is the power behind all worldly kingdoms, the seven heads, which represent the seven major empires of the bible.
    The ten horn and ten crowns represent all the kings that would rule in all seven empires.

The beast in Rev. 13, being made up of the previous three empires, is the Roman beast, showing it is as bad as the three before it put together, as you read in Dan. 7:7.
    Again, the seven heads represent the seven empires. The head which received the deadly wound is the Roman head. It was inflicted in A.D.476 when the barbarian king of the Heruli, Odoacer, deposed the Roman emperor Romulus Augustulus, and made Rom and Italy their kingdom.
    The deadly wound was healed in A.D.553 when emperor Justinian of the east, reconquered the lost territory.
    Since this is the Roman beast, the ten horns and crowns represent all the kings and emperor that would rule during the entire Roman period.

Rev. 17, the third beast with seven heads which referr to the same seven empires. The ten horns are all the kings, nations, that make up the seventh head, “the League of Nation”. Notice, there are no crowns; that is because only one selected king will rule in this kingdom, while the others gave their power to him.
    This beast has a woman sitting on it. Woman is symbolic for church or religious organization, sitting on it not riding, meaning she is not in control. The woman represents all false religion, sitting on the seven heads shows that false religion has influenced all worldly kingdoms.

Georg

before Time
    Participant

Greeting 942767 and Irene (georg)

I agree we grow in knowledge from New Testament events by understanding them in the light of Christians of that time in their sandals. They understood the letter because it was written in their jargon. We endeavor to figure it out, and by doing so come to all kinds of interpretation! But as you said the outcome of these circumstances when understood can apply to all generation. We saw how God dealt with the Jewish Nation in AD 70 and how he will deal with Christian under the same conditions: Our Lord God is unchangeable.

Revelation it’s similar. This is why I consider it significant! For instance, if we could contact those brothers in the first century with a letter saying “break a leg” what would they imagine? Understand their terminology, understand the book of Revelation. Much of it originates in the Old Testament.

You asked about calculating the number of the beast as a clue. A little research into the number 666 may have the answer to the beast. The Hebrews and Romans of the first century had no number system and used letters to represent numbers. Calculate the numbers get the letters. I did a Google search and found some interesting stuff.

Could not cover too much ground tonight, the spirit is willing the flesh needs sleep. nite

God Bless Brothers and Sisters

Irene
    Participant

Hummm, couldn't really figure out what you were saying, B T, I'll wait for the rest of the story.

Georg

Anonymous

Georg… Greetings!

I have just arrived on the scene and find your statement regarding the “Woman… not in control” a bit out of sync with Scripture in two ways. Let’s take a closer look:

Your remarks:
    “This beast has a woman sitting on it. Woman is symbolic for church or religious organization, sitting on it not riding, meaning she is not in control. The woman represents all false religion, sitting on the seven heads shows that false religion has influenced all worldly kingdoms.”

Revelation 17:18 (New American Standard Bible)
    “The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

When you think about this passage, it brings to mind how the Jewish religious leaders were responsible for having Jesus put to death by the Romans. This fact gives us insight as to just how much control religion has held over the political powers (governments or kingdoms) of this world over the millenniums; hence, the reason for stating that this “woman… reigns over the kings of the earth.”

The second part that you mentioned was that the “woman represents all false religion.” I have no problem accepting this statement as true overall; however, because this “woman” seems connected to this following Scripture, I believe it more likely that she represents a specific group:

Revelation 18:4 (New American Standard Bible)
    “I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues… .”

Still speaking about Babylon the Great we hear “another voice from heaven, saying, ’Come out of her, my people’” which, to me, signifies that Christendom becomes the culprit. The reason why I say this is because I cannot envision “my people” being associated with pagan religions intentionally. Also, because everything listed in verses 2-3 of Revelation 18 is found within Christendom to this very day. As I see it, then, there is no better evidence to Babylon the Great’s identity than her own history:

Revelation 17:6 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus… .”

I know that JWs believe “all false religion” to be represented by Babylon the Great, but I strongly suspect that conclusion to be in err.

God bless!

Sam

Irene
    Participant

Hello Sam

Woman is symbolic for a church, just as Christs bride is the church of God.
    Before Christ, religion was not referred to as a woman or a church.
    Notice that the woman is compared to the great city, this great city is the Roman Catholic Church in Rome, or to be more precise, the Vatican in Rome. The Pope in fact ruled over the kings of the earth.
    Beginning in A.D.565 with the death of Justinian, and ending with the indignation, humiliation, by Napoleon, Dan. 11:36, in 1813.
    Just as religion today influences government, but not controls it, so did it in ancient time; thus the woman sitting on it.
    My people are all those that call themselves Christians, but are let astray by a counterfeit gospel.
    The Vatican is compared to Babylon, because she brought about the great confusion among Christians. She is also responsible for the death of millions of saints, it was in 1834, when the Vatican abolished torture. That is the woman drunk with the blood of the saints.

Blessings to you

Georg

before Time
    Participant

Good Morning Sam and good day georg

The great city pointed out is Jerusalem; she was the only one who could be called an adulterous because Israel was God's only bride. No others after had a marriage with the Lord except the New Bride heavenly New Jerusalem. God takes on the New Bride in Revelation 21. The following scripture identifies the great city mention; it was where the Lord was crucified.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. NASU

The book of Revelation s is no more than God's divorce decree again the Nation of Israel. Moreover, God divorce her due to her adulterousness with other nations with their God's. She killed the prophets and Messiah. This is why Jerusalem’s stoning took place in AD 70 by the Roman onslaught. Matthew 24 Luke 21 Mark 13.

Luke 23:28 But Jesus turning to them said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.  
    NASU

Luke 21:22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. NASU

Matt 23:34 ” Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city,  

35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.  

36 “Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.  
    NASU

Predicting in the long distant future outside the first century finds complexity to cross-reference scripture outside the book of Revelation. It is only when we pull back to the first century where those who read it for the first time understood it. And they didn’t have all the details mentioned as posted; keep in mind it written to them and not to us.

Story still not over Georg trust I didn’t confuse you again.

God Bless

samual
    Participant

Georg… Greetings!

Vatican City seems most likely the one spoken of as the “Mother of Harlots” (Revelation 17:5); which would include all those that spawned from her, the protestants, etc..

As we can easily see by the Nicene Creed, they all have twisted the Scriptures to support their belief that God and Jesus are co-equal and co-eternal, or the same person. It doesn't take much Bible research to expose their error.

Now I am not certain about how this pertains to the beast of Revelation (there is more than one mentioned); is that what is being claimed, that the beast is the Papacy? Please advise!

God bless!

Sam

samual
    Participant

BT… Greetings!

Although there is little doubt that much of Jesus' words applied to the 1st Century and the destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman Army, that doesn't mean everything prophecied took place at that time. To take that view (Preterist) is to follow a pathway that misleads one to believe all is well today. Trust the Scriptures, that is not the case.
    (Revelation 19:11-21; 16:16)

Satan has not yet been removed; Armageddon has not cleansed the earth of the wicked and ungodly. Jesus has not yet taken control of Earth's affairs, despite the opinions of some others. As it stands at this moment in time, Jesus still sits at the right-hand of God awaiting the day when God puts His enemies as a footstool for His feet. (Psalms 110:1-2)

Sam

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen Samual.

Irene
    Participant

Hello bT

Rev. 11:8, here again we have to pay attention what the scriptures say.
    Jesus was not crucified in Jerusalem, but outside the city, which is called spiritually Sodom and Egypt. Egypt symbolizes sin and Sodom perversion, in other words, this great city is Satan's world.
    Jesus divorced his first bride, Israel, because of her idolatries, but he did not take on another bride until after his death, the saints, his church, is the new bride.
    The temple was destroyed because it had served its purpose. Jesus is our new high priest, he is also our sacrifice, and God is building a new temple not made with hands.
    We are in fact living in that generation, that Jesus said would not pass away till all things be fulfilled, ever since Israel became a nation again.
    A generation is 70 years, Ps. 90:10.

Georg

Irene
    Participant

Hi samual

Daniel saw four beasts come up out of the sea; sea is symbolic for all the other nations or kingdoms. What this shows is, one kingdom grew stronger then the others, and conquered the others.
    In Rev. 13:11, a beast came out of the earth, earth symbolizing people, not a kingdom. He had two horns like a lamb, the lamb symbolizes Jesus Christ, the lamb of God. In other words, this lamb is the impostor because what he spoke, his doctrines, were devilish.
    He is called a beast, a ruler, because that was what he became, a ruthless ruler, he is in fact the Antichrist, the pope.
    The other three beasts with seven heads I have explained on page one, please refer back to that page.

Georg

before Time
    Participant

Good day Georg

Good Rebuttal If it goes further than the first century, the prediction of Revelation, how are we going to contrast scripture with scripture? In the book Babylon is the Old Jerusalem. Matthew 23:30 compare to Rev. 16:6 she's the one who shed the blood of the prophets. It may be good to read Matthew chapter 23 to get the gist of whom then suffer God's vengeance in AD 70. Luke 21:22 Rev, 6:10

Christ was crucified not literally but spiritually, lost their standing with God, in Jerusalem represented by Egypt and Sodom's sins. Israel killed the prophets of Old, and not the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church was never the Bride of God to begin with Rev. 16-6; 17-1-6; 18-20, 24

Your correct Jesus was crucified on Mount Calvary and according to John 19:20 it was in the vicinity of Jerusalem if where speaking of location. Hebrews 13:11-13

You said; Jesus divorced his first bride, Israel, because of her idolatries, but he did not take on another bride until after his death, the saints, his church, is the new bride

I agree Georg I by no means intended otherwise, was it something I said?

You said: We are in fact living in that generation, that Jesus said would not pass away till all things be fulfilled, ever since Israel became a nation again. A generation is 70 years, Ps. 90:10.

All was fulfilled in that generation Jesus was addressing then. Notice He said to them and not to us. Matt 24:9 ” Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

Scriptures pertaining when all was fulfilled! These are the days! Luke 21:22 compare Luke 21:32 32 “Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.

I beg to differ georg a generation is not 70 years in scripture but 40

Make a note of the generation in the following scriptures Hebrews 3:7-10: Matthew 1:17

God Bless

Irene
    Participant

Hello bT, w'ill just leave at that!

Georg

before Time
    Participant

Good Morning Sam

God never intended for Christ to rule the earth's affairs. Matter a fact this is exactly what Satan offered Him. There will always be those who can care less about God, and others who love God under all circumstances like you. Satan goes around like a roaring lion to seek and destroy, but God's arrangement to erect His Church continues to cultivate.

I come across nowhere in the New Testament a restored earth. The Lord said he didn't come to bring peace as many believe, but peace with God through the redemptive work of Christ. Romans 5:1-7 will authenticate the two chapters above.

I'm not going to take a full preterist stand with this one Sam. When considering Revelation 19:11-21 as a literal war of God against man and whoever kills more wins the battle is not the case. It is a present spiritual battle of Satan against the Word of God. Rev.19:13 “Kingdom against kingdom”. Col. 1:13-14 The weapons are seen in Eph. 6:12-17. “Thus, the conquering power and spread of the Gospel and the defeat of evil and the resulting growth of faith are principal aspects of the passage you mentioned.”

Before Time

Participant

Hi:

If my understanding is correct the “Babylonian Whore” represents the church with all of its false doctrines.  The Mother of Harlots is the Catholic church from which all of these false doctrines that are in the church orginate.

God Bless

Irene
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 16 2008,11:31)
    Hi:

If my understanding is correct the “Babylonian Whore” represents the church with all of its false doctrines.  The Mother of Harlots is the Catholic church from which all of these false doctrines that are in the church orginate.

God Bless

You are right.
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account