Thank god for fairies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

I see no good in religious belief. I see much that is cruel and small-minded in the “texts”. I'd be interested to know what you think it is about christianity that overcomes the immorality of either confusing children about the facts of history or lying to them about it, and insisting that people consider abandoning the responsibility for their own actions, instead heaping it all on a human sacrifice.

It is not necessary to use Jesus as your role model to be a decent person. If it is just an optimism that you might get a second life after this one then I think such a person is both greedy and deluded, neither greed nor gullibility being qualities that I think are desirable for children to adopt.

The evolutionary advantage religious belief may once have conferred appears to be gone and it has become a liability, just like the human appendix. I can be convinced otherwise by evidence, but I have heard quite a few arguments and none gave dissuaded me from Steven Weinberg's view that good men do good and evil men do evil but to make a good man do evil takes religion.

The overwhelming beauty of the universe is evident to any child naturally but they soon become aware that some adults have an enormous conspiracy theory about the universe, and those adults fill those young and trusting heads with the ludicrous idea that in some way the universe contains the intents of a supernatural being: one that cannot be shown to them to exist, with intents that cannot be understood by humans. These claims are never made alongside any kind of honesty like “there is no evidence for any of this, it could all be wrong”.

Christianity would appear to be an immoral worldview which is inculcated in most children in a dishonest manner.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

your ranting again. we have been through this before time and time again, lets move on. just when your this close with you, interuption happens and i miss it. this really upsets me.
    for it is going back to 'lets meet Stuart for the first time again', this one i will call the dry lifeless Stuart

boo hoo for humanity due to religion, it all their fault, how can they lay blame on someone else for their lives, i will never understand, the blame remains on religion.

seriously, Stuart. you are in a cranky mood, miserable. eww!!!!

Stu
    Participant

Just warming up!

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

I don't know Princess,
    I thought that was a very good explanation of why
    Stu feels the way that he does about religion.

The only thing that surprised me was his last sentence.
    He said “Christianity would appear to be an immoral worldview ……….” I would have expected him to have said instead, religion would appear to be an immoral worldview…

Tim

Stu
    Participant

Just to be fair, I have many reasons to think that islam and Judaism are also immoral! My first two paragraphs referred specifically to christianity which was the main target of that rant.

I've whined on in a boo hooey way against islam before as BD will attest but I haven't really thrown my toys out of the cot over Judaism yet. Perhaps that could be a lighthearted tension-breaker for christians who might be happy seeing some other worldview taking a cranky earful!

What d'ya reckon?

Stuart

princess
    Participant

i heard something today of interest Stuart. would like to run it past you and get your opinion on it, if you could manage being cranky and all. perhaps this may make you crankier for i took quick notes and may not have all info however, you being Stuart, i am confident you will explore the matter and expand.

turning the big bang to days
    when the big bang occurred time was delayed
    something to the lines of ratio/streching of space
    calculate the point of origin when time streched
    then numbers came into play
    something about taking a trillion divided by billion
    however the outcome was .015 which is measured to be six days.

what d'ya reckon, possible?

Stu
    Participant

Sure. Did they go on to explain the bit about the evenings and mornings before each day without the existence of the sun?

With god anything is possible. Is any of it likely?

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2011,08:17)
    Just to be fair, I have many reasons to think that islam and Judaism are also immoral!  My first two paragraphs referred specifically to christianity which was the main target of that rant.

I've whined on in a boo hooey way against islam before as BD will attest but I haven't really thrown my toys out of the cot over Judaism yet.  Perhaps that could be a lighthearted tension-breaker for christians who might be happy seeing some other worldview taking a cranky earful!

What d'ya reckon?

Stuart

Greetings Stu….perhaps a reason for your lighthearted sentiment could be a result of perhaps an ancestrial link with Judaism….and the confusion has it roots there…Your rejection of all organized religion as well as the very existance of a higher authority is understandable..

princess
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2011,15:37)

no Stuart they didn't.

I really don't want to get into this, actually, I'm new here and would lke to find a place to find some answers and please don't direct me to the question section, none of them apply. I need to find someone who can tell me the 5 Poetical Books of the Bible, I'm studying for my AA and I need some answers. Can anyone help me? As for the “fairies”, who knows, my Gof is so great that He can make ALL things possible.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (followerer of Jesus @ Jan. 29 2011,00:55)
    I really don't want to get into this, actually, I'm new here and would lke to find a place to find some answers and please don't direct me to the question section, none of them apply.  I need to find someone who can tell me the 5 Poetical Books of the Bible,  I'm studying for my AA and I need some answers.  Can anyone help me?  As for the “fairies”, who knows, my Gof is so great that He can make ALL things possible.

Hi followerer of Jesus

Welcome! You will have seen that, just as the devil has the best tunes, all the interesting discussion happens down here in the skeptics section, metaphorically placed in the underworld of the forum page.

Stay down here if you want honest answers from skeptics. Go back up top if your faith is a bit delicate and you just need mindless arguments about what your Imaginary Friends might or might not want the whole world to do.

Now for my unnecessarily sarcastic reply to your first post:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=5+Poetical+Books+of+the+Bible

Good luck!

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

This seems like a long topic for fairies.
    But each to his won I suppose.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

It's been over a year and still no one has disproved the existence of Fairies!

Thank the Fairies for that! :D

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ April 11 2012,08:36)

Thank the Fairies for that!  :D

Perhaps it's not important to even try to disprove that fairies exist after all if the fairies sounded more Islamic I'm sure you would get all sorts of conjured up evidence as why Fairies couldn't possible exist jus call them something like “Al Muhaja Fairies” sounds more like they don't exist, huh?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 11 2012,08:57)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ April 11 2012,08:36)

Thank the Fairies for that!  :D

Perhaps it's not important to even try to disprove that fairies exist after all if the fairies sounded more Islamic I'm sure you would get all sorts of conjured up evidence as why Fairies couldn't possible exist jus call them something like “Al Muhaja Fairies” sounds more like they don't exist, huh?

B.tharta.

Do you really believe that mohamad rode his horse up to heaven? or is that just symbolical?

Do you really believe that mohamad is coming back with Jesus,and he will take Jesus to mecca,and teach him the qur'an.

I know that in islam ,the younger is to respect the elder.
    Why is there a contradiction here?

Is not Jesus older than mohamad,by 600years?

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,08:46)

wakeup.

The longest lifespan attributed to Jesus by scholars is about 42 years. BD's man Mo made it to 62.

That means 62 – 42 = 20 years younger (at least) for Jesus.

Not sure where you got 600 years from. Do you believe that Jesus died at the same time as Mo?

If not, then wouldn't you be using witchcraft arguments to suggest that Jesus is still alive today in some gruesome way, in which case Jesus is nearly 2000 years older than Mo?

I've never mastered Christian Mathematics, but then I do have more interesting hobbies to pursue.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

WhatIsTrue, if you think fairies are real then that is up to you.

Logic doesn't demand that they are true and it is not foolish to deny their existence.

It is however absolutely veritably foolish to deny the existence of God.

And to equate the creator with fairies shows even a greater level of foolishness.

But hey, if believing in fairies also makes you believe in God, then as illogical as that is, it is not a bad thing because believing in God is much greater than the silliness of believing in fairies.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 03 2012,10:04)
    I've never mastered Christian Mathematics, but then I do have more interesting hobbies to pursue.

I have noticed that you struggle in that area. I haven't to this day received a 1, 2, or 3 from you. My 3 year old son counted up to 14 just the other day.

1) Creator
    2) Nothing
    3) Something not conscious but eternal

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 03 2012,07:04)

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,08:46)

wakeup.

The longest lifespan attributed to Jesus by scholars is about 42 years.  BD's man Mo made it to 62.

That means 62 – 42 = 20 years younger (at least) for Jesus.

Not sure where you got 600 years from.  Do you believe that Jesus died at the same time as Mo?

If not, then wouldn't you be using witchcraft arguments to suggest that Jesus is still alive today in some gruesome way, in which case Jesus is nearly 2000 years older than Mo?

Stuart

Stu.

Your mind is hot wired by this physical world only,how can you ever understand the spiritual world.You dont even know if there is such as a spititual world.

John 11:25. I am the resurrection and the life; he that believed in me, though he were dead,yet shall he live.

26. And whosoever lived and believe in me shall never die.

Luke 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 03 2012,10:36)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 03 2012,10:04)

I have noticed that you struggle in that area. I haven't to this day received a 1, 2, or 3 from you. My 3 year old son counted up to 14 just the other day.

1) Creator
    2) Nothing
    3) Something not conscious but eternal

According to Christian Mathematics, that number of “options” equals pi.

Your false dichotomy is at least a refreshing change of logical fallacy.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account