Thank god for fairies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 24 2010,08:15)
    bodhitharta,

I already gave my “testimony” in the first post.

Glad to have you on board now.  It demonstrates the true extent of your faith!

No, it demonstrates the true extent of your faith, how does it correspond to my faith?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 22 2010,21:03)
    simplyForgiven wrote:

God Exists not based on our faith or belief, God exists because he revealed himself in many peoples lives, and by Him who is Jesus Christ who is the Son of God sent to reveal him as our Father.

Hence the noises around my house, the lost things suddenly found, and the daily goosebumps that I get.  That's how I know the fairies, and if you have had these experiences, you know them too.

In what way do you know your god that is more powerful than that?

simplyForgiven wrote:

Faith is not deteremined by the unknown, but being secured by what is known.
    Faith is like sitting on a chair, You sit without having any doubt or hesitiation that the chair will sustain your wieght for you to sit.

My faith is more like swinging on swing.  I take a running jump into the seat know that it will give me a thrilling ride when I land it.

Don't you want faith like that too?

simplyForgiven wrote:

All Religions give God a Face an image to worship, whether its a golden calf,  a diety of the sun, a Divine king, or fairies and smurfs, these are all just religious imaginations of deceptions in the minds of men.

The Real God that is unkown to you does not have a face or an image that limits his Almighty power.
    This is the Same Unknown God that Paul presented to Athens.

As you said earlier, “[all] religions contradict eachother … .”  Your idea of the “Real God ™” can go on the list of religious figures between the sun deity and the divine king.

Fairies exist whether you call them by that name or not.  They are infinite in number and are everywhere all the time.  They have worked to find your lost keys, to give you goosebumps on a special occasion, and to make your ordinary life extraordinary.  You should thank them, not deny them.

Hence the noises around my house, the lost things suddenly found, and the daily goosebumps that I get. That's how I know the fairies, and if you have had these experiences, you know them too.

In what way do you know your god that is more powerful than that?

Isnt this a Fallacy in Logic? Im talking about an experience with the Perfect Son of God who changed many peoples lives yet you compare this to be equal to finding your keys and goosebumps?
    Wouldnt it be a better arguement to tell me, (lie to me) that you have actually met a fairy and witness their powers first hand?

My faith is more like swinging on swing. I take a running jump into the seat know that it will give me a thrilling ride when I land it.

Don't you want faith like that too?

Thats if you land it…….. Faith is 100% doubt free.

As you said earlier, “[all] religions contradict eachother … .” Your idea of the “Real God ™” can go on the list of religious figures between the sun deity and the divine king.

Fairies exist whether you call them by that name or not. They are infinite in number and are everywhere all the time. They have worked to find your lost keys, to give you goosebumps on a special occasion, and to make your ordinary life extraordinary. You should thank them, not deny them.

Exactly, to make all religions true, is the death of truth.
    Fact is, that there is a Right way, the only True Way.
    The only True God that I believe in Contradicts and Convicts all other religions based on the fact that they are religous imaginations of Man. the one True God would be above religion.

Your using the ideas of fairiesto ridcule the idea of how people believe in God, and i would Agree that its ridculous to believe in such based on goosebumps and special occaions of finding your keys.

This would make sense, but it doesnt refute the real expereinces that God himself has revealed himself to His People.

and Sent his son for the remission of our sins.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi WIT,

You liken the belief in God to equate to the belief in fairies?
    People don't get your 'wit', because they will NOT accept your analogy!
    What you offer is absolutely no alternative, only your own personal bias and conjecture!

Think about it!
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    If you were speaking to someone who had never heard of fairies or god, and tried to convince them that something that they could not see, or hear or find any proof of, was true, the analogy is spot on.

Tim

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Nov. 26 2010,21:31)
    Hi Ed,
    If you were speaking to someone who had never heard of fairies or god, and tried to convince them that something that they could not see, or hear or find any proof of, was true, the analogy is spot on.

Tim

Hi Tm,

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;
    I have documented the very PROOF of God's existence.
    So you are clearly speaking out of ignorance.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Nov. 25 2010,18:51)
    Isnt this a Fallacy in Logic? Im talking about an experience with the Perfect Son of God

You believe in fighting fire with fire by the looks of it.

Stuart

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 26 2010,21:40)

Isnt this a Fallacy in Logic? Im talking about an experience with the Perfect Son of God

Stuart

The fairy Analogy works with how people typicaly explain God, but it doesnt fit with the “Real Experience”

Stu
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Nov. 27 2010,19:34)

Stuart

The fairy Analogy works with how people typicaly explain God, but it doesnt fit with the “Real Experience”

As an afairyist, how could you possibly have anything relevant to say about real experiences of Them? They have made you blind to an understanding of Them. They make the ordinary extraordinary.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 27 2010,19:55)

Stuart

As an afairyist, how could you possibly have anything relevant to say about real experiences of Them?  They have made you blind to an understanding of Them.  They make the ordinary extraordinary.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Ain't that the same thing you said about our friend BD?

God bless
    Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 27 2010,21:16)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 27 2010,19:55)

Stuart

As an afairyist, how could you possibly have anything relevant to say about real experiences of Them?  They have made you blind to an understanding of Them.  They make the ordinary extraordinary.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Ain't that the same thing you said about our friend BD?

God bless
    Ed J

BD=43
    extraordinary->ordinary=43

Must be correct!

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Tim

Greetings Tim…..Just as there is proof that God is and indeed exists…..There is also proof that fairies exist!!! Have you ever been to San Francisco???

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 29 2010,21:27)

Hi Ed,

Tim

Greetings Tim…..Just as there is proof that God is and indeed exists…..There is also proof that fairies exist!!! Have you ever been to San Francisco???

Shame on you Theodore. :D

Tim

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 24 2010,03:38)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 24 2010,08:15)
    bodhitharta,

I already gave my “testimony” in the first post.

Glad to have you on board now.  It demonstrates the true extent of your faith!

No, it demonstrates the true extent of your faith, how does it correspond to my faith?

Well, do you believe in fairies or not?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

simplyForgiven wrote:

So, if I show you someone who says he has healed people by the power of [a magical being], (i.e. the “Real Experienceâ”), would you be inclined to believe as that person believes?

Stu
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Tim

What about the god bit? What proof would that be?

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 02 2010,14:59)

Hi Ed,

Tim

What about the god bit?  What proof would that be?

Stuart

Greetings Stu…. I think we have gone down this road before….the proof of a creator in this case we will call him God,it is evident in the order of the universe,the magnificence of the human body and the dependence on the creator for the air we breathe…

Stu
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 03 2010,10:30)

Hi Ed,

Tim

Stuart

Greetings Stu…. I think we have gone down this road before….the proof of a creator in this case we will call him God,it is evident in the order of the universe,the magnificence of the human body and the dependence on the creator for the air we breathe…

What do you mean by order, magnificence and dependence?

All three sound like platitudes.

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 03 2010,22:02)

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 03 2010,10:30)

Hi Ed,

Tim

Stuart

What do you mean by order, magnificence and dependence?

All three sound like platitudes.

Stuart

Hi stu…. never let it be said that I am a spewer of platitudes…..Let us start with the natural order of things…night turns to day(every day)….I don't know about you…when look up I see magnificents and awe in the stars and their placement in the universe….Our dependence on nature for our very existance is undeniable…..Believe it or not these are just a few of the contributions brought forth by a loving all knowing creator….

Stu
    Participant

Or equally no creator at all…

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 05 2010,17:19)
    Or equally no creator at all…

Stuart

Stu….I consider you to be an interlect….If this world we live in and the universe that it is part of did not have a creator,than,for the sake of my sanity and my salvation from bad education,could you give me a logical explanation of where this all came from and please spare me the nebulus self serving theories presented by the scientific community…indulge me with what you know to be true not what you might agree with as result of vanity…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account