Thank god for fairies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    WhatIsTrue
    Participant

T8 wrote elsewhere:

There is very good and plentiful evidence that there is a creator. There is no evidence or reason for fairies existence.
    They are not in the same ball park.

So after much contemplation and searching, I have come to a position of faith.  I now believe in fairies.

For a while, I had dismissed the whole idea that fairies exist as magical nonsense, only fit for kids and Disney movies.  Certainly, science does not confirm the existence of fairies, though they have failed to prove that fairies don't exist either.  But, such narrow minded thinking dismisses the overwhelming evidence of fairies that exists all around us.  All you need to do is open your eyes, and you will see evidence of fairies.

For example, when you see a caterpillar transformed into a beautiful butterfly, a tadpole emerge from the swamp as a frog, a naked plant burst forth with flowers, or a horse turned into an amazingly sticky batch of glue, you are witnessing the work of fairies!  (Well, I am not 100% on that last example.)  They take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.   Have you ever had a seemingly “magical” experience?  A great day at the beach?  A wonderful adventure with a loved one?  A moment that gave you goosebumps from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet?  It's all the work of fairies.

Now, some might be inclined to explain all of these things as natural phenomenon, or worse, attribute it to some non-fairy being, but anyone with any sense of magic will understand intuitively that it could not be the work of anything other than fairies.  There is no other sensible explanation.

Think about it.  An ugly caterpillar goes into a cocoon and comes out a beautiful butterfly.  How do you explain that?  Where did the wings come from?  What happened to all those legs?  Where did all those fancy colors come from?  I'll tell you: the magical fairies!

One other thing.  Since I have finally accepted the existence of fairies, I have noticed strange noises around my house, and on more than a few occasions, I have had something show up that had been lost for a while.  It's amazing!  Once I started believing in fairies, they made themselves known to me.  I am getting goosebumps right now as I think about it.

Thank God for fairies!

Can anyone – ahem, T8 – think of a reason not to believe in fairies?  If so, you will also need to explain away the butterfly, the frog, the glue, all of the goosebumps that you have ever had, the strange noises around my house, and all of the lost things that have been suddenly found.  Good luck!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 17 2010,02:16)
    T8 wrote elsewhere:

There is very good and plentiful evidence that there is a creator. There is no evidence or reason for fairies existence.
    They are not in the same ball park.

So after much contemplation and searching, I have come to a position of faith.  I now believe in fairies.

For a while, I had dismissed the whole idea that fairies exist as magical nonsense, only fit for kids and Disney movies.  Certainly, science does not confirm the existence of fairies, though they have failed to prove that fairies don't exist either.  But, such narrow minded thinking dismisses the overwhelming evidence of fairies that exists all around us.  All you need to do is open your eyes, and you will see evidence of fairies.

For example, when you see a caterpillar transformed into a beautiful butterfly, a tadpole emerge from the swamp as a frog, a naked plant burst forth with flowers, or a horse turned into an amazingly sticky batch of glue, you are witnessing the work of fairies!  (Well, I am not 100% on that last example.)  They take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.   Have you ever had a seemingly “magical” experience?  A great day at the beach?  A wonderful adventure with a loved one?  A moment that gave you goosebumps from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet?  It's all the work of fairies.

Now, some might be inclined to explain all of these things as natural phenomenon, or worse, attribute it to some non-fairy being, but anyone with any sense of magic will understand intuitively that it could not be the work of anything other than fairies.  There is no other sensible explanation.

Think about it.  An ugly caterpillar goes into a cocoon and comes out a beautiful butterfly.  How do you explain that?  Where did the wings come from?  What happened to all those legs?  Where did all those fancy colors come from?  I'll tell you: the magical fairies!

One other thing.  Since I have finally accepted the existence of fairies, I have noticed strange noises around my house, and on more than a few occasions, I have had something show up that had been lost for a while.  It's amazing!  Once I started believing in fairies, they made themselves known to me.  I am getting goosebumps right now as I think about it.

Thank God for fairies!

Can anyone – ahem, T8 – think of a reason not to believe in fairies?  If so, you will also need to explain away the butterfly, the frog, the glue, all of the goosebumps that you have ever had, the strange noises around my house, and all of the lost things that have been suddenly found.  Good luck!

Where did you learn about fairies?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Fairy tales!  Where else would I learn about them (other than the evidence all around me)?

Participant

Well, at least you acknowledged that God is a reality by thanking him for the faries.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 17 2010,07:18)
    Fairy tales!  Where else would I learn about them (other than the evidence all around me)?

what are tales?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta,

I think I will go with Webster on that one.

tale (noun): a series of events or facts told or presented

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 18 2010,01:03)
    bodhitharta,

I think I will go with Webster on that one.

Definition of a Fairy tale by webster is.

1 a: a story (as for children) involving fantastic forces and beings (as fairies, wizards, and goblins) —called also fairy story b: a story in which improbable events lead to a happy ending 2: a made-up story usually designed to mislead

So as we have seen a “tale” is

And a Fairy tale is

1 a: a story (as for children) involving fantastic forces and beings (as fairies, wizards, and goblins) —called also fairy story

A fairy is a Mythical being but what's most important is he name originated from a belief in a goddess

1: a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers

Origin of FAIRYMiddle English fairie fairyland, enchantment, from Anglo-French faerie, from fee fairy, from Latin Fata, goddess of fate, from fatum fateFirst Known Use: 14th century

So you believe in the goddess?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta,

I wouldn't get too hung up on what Webster has to say.  The people who write that dictionary are non-believers (in fairies).  They can't explain away the butterfly or the strange noises in my house any better than you can (which is clearly why you are avoiding a discussion of the evidence for fairies that I presented).

Open your eyes!

Stu
    Participant

The fairies made Webster do it…

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 17 2010,02:16)
    They take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.

Can we vote for most telling quote of the forum?

This gets mine.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Actually, it could be the motto of the website.

Maybe the next time they have a Council of Nicaea they could add a book to the Judeo-christian scriptures, perhaps titled “Corrections”. They could add the quote early on:

Corrections 1:3: They take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

The universe demands a creator that is the difference.
    Similarly, a murder scene demands a murderer?

What demands are there for fairies? None.
    Case closed.

But for the sake of opening the case, feel free to forward the compelling evidence.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 18 2010,01:57)
    bodhitharta,

I wouldn't get too hung up on what Webster has to say.  The people who write that dictionary are non-believers (in fairies).  They can't explain away the butterfly or the strange noises in my house any better than you can (which is clearly why you are avoiding a discussion of the evidence for fairies that I presented).

Open your eyes!

I just used your authority it was you that said “I'll go with webster” not me.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

bodhitharta,

You were the one who brought up the whole tales thing.  Personally, I am satisfied with the explanation that I already gave.  Why aren't you?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 20 2010,03:28)
    The universe demands a creator that is the difference.
    Similarly, a murder scene demands a murderer?

What demands are there for fairies? None.
    Case closed.

But for the sake of opening the case, feel free to forward the compelling evidence.

And a magical moment demands a magic-maker.  Hence, the fairies!

I mean, come on!  Have you never seen a butterfly?

Answer me this: How did the caterpillar turn into a beautiful butterfly?

As I see it, there are three choices.  Either nothing changed it, something changed it, or someone changed it.  Clearly, nothing can't change anything, so that is out.  And, something with an IQ of zero couldn't possibly pull off that kind of magic, so that leaves us with …

Fairies!!!!!!  :)

Honestly, T8, you may not have experienced the wonders of fairies, so your bitterness is understandable.  But, I know the fairies, and you pose no intellectual threat to the fairies.  Until you know them too, you will continue to speak out of ignorance.  As the good fairy book says …

A fool has said in his heart, there are no fairies.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 20 2010,01:36)

Maybe the next time they have a Council of Nicaea they could add a book to the Judeo-christian scriptures, perhaps titled “Corrections”.  They could add the quote early on:

Stuart

It's already in the Book of the Fairies!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Nov. 20 2010,14:33)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 20 2010,01:36)

Maybe the next time they have a Council of Nicaea they could add a book to the Judeo-christian scriptures, perhaps titled “Corrections”.  They could add the quote early on:

Stuart

It's already in the Book of the Fairies!

The funny thing is that you know that you are lying but you think you are making a point but the difference with someone who believes in God is they are not trying to make a point or lie. Could you be honest? Do you in-fact really believe in fairies, yes or no?

Stu
    Participant

Does it matter whether god belief is a bluff or a delusion? Faith cannot distinguish between the two. Science can, of course, but you don't like the answers it provides, do you.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Science can? And yet it proves itself wrong time and time again. Measurements are adjusted, facts are changed, new evidence screws up current theories, new ideas are laughed at and then accepted.

Yeah Stu, Science knows the difference.

Another incorrect post by Stu.
    Lost count of them now.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 20 2010,20:47)
    Science can? And yet it proves itself wrong time and time again. Measurements are adjusted, facts are changed, new evidence screws up current theories, new ideas are laughed at and then accepted.

Yeah Stu, Science knows the difference.

Another incorrect post by Stu.
    Lost count of them now.

Science corrects itself. Most of those corrections are not because the model was wrong but because the model was given greater detail, for example the addition of Einstein's work to Newton's, or Rutherford's to Dalton's atomic model.

On the other hand, no creationist who has ever tried to apply biblical mythology to biology has ever had any effect on Darwin. He is still right and they are dead wrong, as is much of the Bronze Age science recorded in scripture.

That's what happens when your belief system does not have a corrction system.

Not my problem if you can't count to zero t8.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account