Testimonies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Author

thank you Lord for the Holy Ghost power Acts 1:8
    thank you for baptism in Jesus name in acts chapter 19 talks about when paul asked them unto what were you baptized they said unto johns baptism then they were baptized in the name of Jesus

followerofJesus
    Participant

Wow God did alot for you.

This is hard for me to say so please bear with me.

God has done a lot for me.

Recentley I was VERY wicked. Sinning daily. Turning my back on God saying he does not exist, Even to the point of trying to get believers not to believe. Seeing it as some sort of “Freedom”

I Hated the angels of the lord. Wanting to see them Fall. Turning them human some how, leaving them at the mercy of those without mercy

There was a time when i wanted to enter the forbidden Garden. The garden of Eden Genesis 3:23-24 23So the Lord God forced the man out of the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. 24After God forced the man out of the garden, he placed angels and a sword of fire that flashed around in every direction on its eastern border. This kept people from getting to the tree of life.

I spoke about entering the garden, regardless of my sisters warnings

I was talking about entering the forbidden Garden seeing it more as a challenge than an impossibility like “To reach the unreachable the unreachable star”

I was also full of pride laughing at the prospect of having Heaven and Hell against me.

Heaven. Theres a theory that if someone could prove God wrong everything would uncreate itself (not sure if its true or fale, no longer looking to try)

Hell. A human would have done something that they could not

I saw Gods angels simply as soldiers. willing to seek out the falling learn information about them. how to get around them.

Though my pride took me to alot of dangerous places

Even then I was aware that, when i was talking to my sister about that, although we were the only people in the room, they were many witnesses to this conversation.

I reached such a low point that i thought there was no point to life. Saw God as a creul child who took amusement at my pitiful existence.

I considered making a deal. believing that i was going to hell anyway i thought at least i could get something out of it.

Knowing i would inevitably get screwed by satan in this deal I thought If i could get him something he wanted. such as his grace I would have the upper hand

but in regards to this deal I considered trying to get other people to Fall. Saw myself as a “Harverster” rather than someone who is dragging people down.

I took genuine enjoyment out of other peoples pain and suffering and could instantly come up with the of the Worst ways to punish someone without thinking that much about it. When I did it always got worse.

Also I thought there was a way to release the fallen saw them as tools to entering the Garden of Eden

The reason I wanted to enter the Garden was the tree of Knowledge. Saw eating of the fruit as an upgrade.

Also felt that the War between the light and dark Was “THIER WAR” and we (humans) were just dragged into it and was looking for a way out. figured if both sides are that determined to get rid of each other. Let them.

I even sought out things that I should not have i saw it more as “the first darkness” keep getting a very odd feeling when i read Genesis chapter 1 verse 2

followerofJesus
    Participant

Although God did not let me go

I believe he steadied the hands of his angels

recentley I went to Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries

and revelations were made

God brought me back to him and by Faith I was born again because i was at elephant and castle on my way home. Then a lady I never spoke to her handed me a leaflet about God's Mercy. It had Bible verses about God's Mercy. It had an address on it

I just decided to follow contemplating wether or not i should go to this address. Having no idea what to expect. I got to the location given.

Surprised by the Love Christians showed me when they asked me why I came there. I responded ” I don't know I think God brought me here for a reason” They led I followed then A lady (another) asked me if I was born again. I thought I was. I thought that accepting Jesus. confessions of sins and asking forgiveness was it.

The destination was Christ Church so I read that verse Romans 10 verse 9. (Though it has to be read out loud and you have to believe.)

Then I was born again

The feeling was Something that I never felt before (Until born again humans can't feel it)

I instantly knew it was a good feeling

God has been leading me since then. Yes i stumble Yes sometimes i still sin

But that hopelessness is gone and God saved me

the verses below might help.

TRUST ME BIENG BORN AGAIN IS ESSENTIAL TO YOUR ENTRY INTO HEAVEN

Is it necessary to be born again?
    It is absolutely necessary to be born again to be saved and enter the Kingdom of God.
    St. John 3:1-7; I Pet. 1:23; Titus 3:5

How did Jesus expect Nicodemus to know about the “new birth” from the Old Testament?
    Jer. 31:33; 32:39; Ezek. 11:19;18:31; 36:25-27; Ps. 51:10; Isa. 1:18-20; 55:6

The New Birth is not:
    Water baptism, church membership, reformation, trying to do better, making resolutions to quit bad habits, giving money or service to the church, or trying to be a Christian without the life of Christ inside.

Is it possible to be born again without Jesus Christ?
    No. Salvation is through a Saviour, the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Matt. 1:21; Acts 4:12; Rom. 6:23; I John 5:11-13; Luke 19:10.

Is it for every person?
    Yes, “whosoever will.”
    John 3:16, 17; Rom. 10:13; John 4:10-15; Rev. 22:17

Why is it necessary to be born again and thereby receive salvation?
    a. Because you have sinned.
    Rom. 3:23; 1 John 1:10; Isa. 53:6.
    b. Because of your lost and fallen condition:
    (1) Your sins have separated you from God. Isa. 59:1,2.
    (2) Mankind is depraved and inclined towards sin.
    Gen. 6:5,6; Psalm 53:2,3; Isa.64:6; Eccl.8:11.
    (3) The penalty of your sin.
    Rom. 2:11-13; Rom. 6:23.
    (4) You are spiritually dead.
    Eph. 2:1; I John 5:12; St. John 3:36.

How can a person be born again?
    I. God's Part.
    (1) Jesus Christ died in your place and for your sins so that you can be forgiven and receive that new life.
    I Cor. 15:3; Isa. 53:5,6,12; Gal. 3:13; Heb. 2:9; I Pet. 3:18; Heb. 9:28; I Pet. 2:24; Rom. 5:8.
    (2) Forgive sins.
    Heb. 10:16,17; I John 1:9; Isa. 55:7; Isa. 43:25; Isa. 44:22, 1:18.
    (3) Give Spiritual Life. Eph. 2:1,5; I John 5:11 13; St. John 3:1-7.

II. Your Part.
    (1) Choose to be. Choose the way of Jesus instead of the way of Satan; choose to call on the Lord for salvation. Choose whom you will serve.
    Josh. 24:15; Rom. 10:13.
    (2) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Absolute trust.
    John 3:16-18; John 8:24; I John 5:10.
    (3) Receive Him. John 1:12.
    (4) Repent. (Be sorry for your sins – confess them – leave them.)
    Acts 3:19; Acts 2:38; Luke 13:5.
    (5) Confess Christ openly. Rom. 10:9,10.
    (6) Be Baptized.
    Acts 2:38; Mark 16:15; Matt. 28:19.

Peace and God bless You All.

And may everyone who reads this be delivered in Jesus name

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome FOJ,
    Are feelings so reliable you can now tell us the way you have found by them?
    Best to follow him into his death and resurrection by water and the Spirit before the feelings pass.

thanks follower of Jesus

followerofJesus
    Participant

If truth be told Nick Hassan

I don't think it was anything I done

For The word keeps telling us to pray for others and was it not for Gods Grace and other people praying for me then I would never be here to tell this testimony

So Just Keep praying for people and don't stop because there is a lot of things God reveals to us and a lot of things he don't

If we stop praying for people. Then things may never follow through

I only found out later that people were praying for me. regardless how bad I was and forever long.

Persistence in Prayer is essential

Do you mean Baptisim? Nick Hassan

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FOJ,
    You must be reborn of water and the Spirit.

this is testimonies I want to hear testimonies and follower of Jesus did just that maby we do or do not agree but its there testimonie

followerofJesus
    Participant

I am born again

But as for a Baptism not sure

Do you know of anywhere doing Baptisms Near Thornton Heath?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Find anyone baptised in the name of Jesus and ask them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

followerofjesus–GOD BLESS YOU!! SOunds like you have come a long way. As my pastor once said; We only see a piece of the puzzle, God sees the whole! so true! Keep having faith, Be patient, Be still, and wait on His time. I can tell you my husband drank quite a bit about 5 years ago, never dreamed of him going to church, but I would always ask evey time I got ready to leave and I prayed and prayed and the Sunday I felt like giving up on praying for him, God had to speak to the pastor in His sermon that Sun. and the last thing that he said was: I dont care if you have been praying for someone one hundred years, DONT GIVE UP!! That hit me like a brick!! So I never gave up and now he is going to church with me and has been for 4 years. He will tell you from the time he walked through the doors at the church he new thats were he belonged. Has not drank NOTHING since! As far as you wanting to know about baptism, around here it is always done in your church. Praise God!! God bless!

georg
    Participant

Quote (followerofJesus @ Oct. 11 2009,09:03)
    I am born again

But as for a Baptism not sure

Do you know of anywhere doing Baptisms Near Thornton Heath?

Hello and Welcome! Your Story is very good, that God was good to you.  Bless you forever more.  What is Thornton Health?  We are in Cincinnati, Ohio, born in Germany.  Both my Husband and I.  We're both Baptized in the W.W.Church of God.  The Minster layed Hands on us afterwards, and we received Gods Holy Spirit.  The next day was ah -some…..
    Peace and Love Irene

followerofJesus
    Participant

Thornton Heath is a toen in London. England.

followerofJesus
    Participant

Umm

I feel God is the one who deserves all the credit

Because I was in a very dark place.

Hit rock bottom

Saw no way out.

Saw nothing good in the world.

Tried to become Dead (emotionally)

managed to be emotionally numb

though would always try to hurt people worse than they hurt me

I know first hand that God changes people

And could now relate to those who are in such places

would never advise anyone to go there.

though experience teaches you much

When I though everybody gave up on me. No one cared. God snatched me out of darkness

I know now what God meant in Eph 2 verse 8 and 9

because there was NO WAY that i could get myself out of that situation. And am only here because of Gods Grace

and yeah it's a process bit by bit. though it can be HARD yet worth it
    I'm not going to lie i find trust…difficult

God has shown me a lot revealed much to me and has used me more than i thought he possible

though i know he is going to use me a lot more

Submitting to God is the best thing anyone can do. because there is NOTHING that we (humans) can do by ourselves

I could not really keep this testimony to myself in good conscience

(Previous message i meant to say town)

georg
    Participant

Quote (followerofJesus @ Oct. 12 2009,10:04)
    Thornton Heath is a toen in London. England.

Mmmmmmmmmm sounds like a really nice town. As far as being Baptized, as long as the Church you belong to submerges you under water, IMO and then Baptizes you:” In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen. You will know. We did and we are so happy that we did. May God lead you in all truths, God Bless you.
    Peace and Love Irene

followerofJesus
    Participant

Thank you Irene

umm. I read about the importance of baptism

So I would try and get on it

georg
    Participant

Quote (followerofJesus @ Oct. 12 2009,11:05)
    Thank you Irene

umm. I read about the importance of baptism

So I would try and get on it

Praise God on High, Amen
    Peace and Love Irene

followerofJesus
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 11 2009,14:30)
    followerofjesus–GOD BLESS YOU!! SOunds like you have come a long way. As my pastor once said; We only see a piece of the puzzle, God sees the whole! so true! Keep having faith, Be patient, Be still, and wait on His time. I can tell you my husband drank quite a bit about 5 years ago, never dreamed of him going to church, but I would always ask evey time I got ready to leave and I prayed and prayed and the Sunday I felt like giving up on praying for him, God had to speak to the pastor in His sermon that Sun. and the last thing that he said was: I dont care if you have been praying for someone one hundred years, DONT GIVE UP!! That hit me like a brick!! So I never gave up and now he is going to church with me and has been for 4 years. He will tell you from the time he walked through the doors at the church he new thats were he belonged. Has not drank NOTHING since! As far as you wanting to know about baptism, around here it is always done in your church. Praise God!! God bless!

Thank you Katjo

Although Patience is hard

Faith hmm well let me put it this way (its easy to have faith in the Good times)

Yeah the hole Be still thing. i need ALOT of work on that

We often need to remind ourselves that Gods timing is always the right timing

So that could help with the wait

For that could be part of the process

(correct me if I am wrong)

Testimonies are proof that God can change People, Situations, Everything really for the better

followerofJesus
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 07 2009,09:07)
    thanks follower of Jesus

Umm

Jesus name follower of Christ

Why thanks?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Is baptism in the name of Jesus important?[Acts 19]

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account