Struggling with Lust

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

IM4Truth I don't carry around a cross that was just an example. Mine is actually a coin that reads Men of GOD with scripture on the back. As for the cross it is a sign of “LOVE” from GOD…

Participant

Quote (Stephen @ Oct. 25 2007,07:02)
    That is a huge struggle for me as well. This may sound funny but what I try to do is carry something around with me that help me focus on GOD. When I am tempted I take it out of my pocket and it helps me refocus on GOD. The temptation soon passes. Most of the time. I am not perfect and don’t claim to be. I try and keep it real. It could be some as simple as a cross… Good luck.

Hi Stephen:

All of us as born again Christians have faults that we need to overcome, and we could not overcome the fault unless there was somewhere we could put the Word of God into practice.  We could not become like Jesus if there was not somewhere to put His Word into practice.

Whatever you use to keep your focus on God is a good thing.  You may also pray that God would help you to overcome your faults, and I am praying for you.

Resist the temptation to do evil and the evil temptation will flee from you.

God Bless

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stephen not the object but the act is what is saving us. Jesus being sacrificed for us and was resurrected and lives. He does not hang on that cross anymore. If your Brother died in the Electric Chair are you going to honor that chair, because that is how He will see Jesus, or are you going to thank Jesus for the act for dying for us, do you see the difference. We do have to be careful not to let objects become an Idol to us. Just a reminder. God Bless.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All:
    Lust . Every man and woman faces it everyday. We see someone who catches your eye, but it is what you do with it . Rebuking is the first.
    Yet in America we call it freedom to dress as you feel. I was asked by a woman this :
    “How come you can pick out an pentecostal woman , from amoung an 100 woman?
    My answer was this : she stands out because she has Godly virtue and she dresses covering her body completely, except her face and hands. What she has, she gives to her husband. Or for her husband to be.”
    I hope that my Godly virtue stands out. I'm I temped ?, yeppers, But then I sound out the cry ” the emny is a comin ! LUST …………….:O

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Oct. 26 2007,14:31)
    Stephen not the object but the act is what is saving us. Jesus being sacrificed for us and was resurrected and lives.  He does not hang on that cross anymore.  If your Brother died in the Electric Chair are you going to honor that chair, because that is how He will see Jesus, or are you going to thank Jesus for the act for dying for us, do you see the difference. We do have to be careful not to let objects become an Idol to us. Just a reminder. God Bless.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

I remember when Laurel gave us the example of the electric chair and the cross…..I remember thinking that wearing a cross around your neck was a personal thing. I don't believe it is a bad thing necessarily.

For instance, my Dad who was not a church-going Christian, had a cross in his wallet. We found it when he died. It was a comfort to all of us to realize that he recognized the cross as being his “way of salvation”, and it is!

God made a way for us to be saved – that “way” was Jesus. Jesus is recognized by his death. Indeed, his death is the way of our salvation. If he never died…..he would have never been raised from the dead. In death (his sacrifice), we live.

The JW's remember his death;they celebrate or commemorate his death rather than his resurrection. I believe this is scriptural. The sacrifice had to come before the glorious miracle; death comes before eternal life. We are admonished to die to self so that we can truly live.

Carrying a cross can also remind us that we carry the death of Christ around with us daily, also that we are to pick up OUR crosses and follow him – there are many other good reasons to look to the cross, in my opinion. It doesn't always have to signify idolatry.

IM4Truth
    Participant

The problem is however that any object can become an Idol, the cross can. I really do not know for sure, but my Husband is completely convinced that in fact the cross is one of the signs of Anti-Christ. Why, because of Constantine having a Dream. He say a red cross in the sky with the inscription under it ” Under this sign Conquer.” So He had red crosses painted on His Soldiers shields. And He won the Battle against His Brother-in Law, that made Him Emperor over the whole Empire. He then credited this victory to the God of this new religion Christianity. The next year 313 A.D. He stopped all persecution against all Christians. In 324 He made Christianity the religion of His Empire that was the beginning of the Roman Universal or Catholic Church. But the problem still was not over for those that wanted to read or own to read the Bible. Anybody found reading or possessing one was tortured and executed. You can still find the torture chambers in some Catholic Churches in Germany, they made into Museums. That is why my Husband feels so strongly about this subject. We had so many statues when we belonged to the Catholic Church and we had just gotten on from Mexico in 1983. In 1985 we gave them all away. They were beautiful Art from Germany, but that is just it, an Idol is any Image that one worship's, and the Catholics do , is wrong. Just want to share this with you, what you do with it of course is up to you.

Peace and Love Mrs.
    :D :D :D

Heavens
    Participant

I have known many people who have done online courses with SCF and been successful at maintaining their goal, once the course has finished.

There are several online courses, for many `addictions'.

It's worth a look. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

For new member Trev

Shania
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Do you know what sin is? It is an affirmation of what we love. When we sin, we are telling God, “this is more important to me than you. I love this more than you.” It makes us cringe to admit that, but it is the truth. Sin exposes the darkness that is in our hearts. The problem is not the sin as much as it is the darkness and the condition of our hearts. This is a heart issue.

Do you know that if you make a conscious effort and decision to not do the wrong things and only do the right things because you want to be good and “right” it will not work? You cannot do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing. It doesn't work.

So what does work? Love.

Matt 5:20
    20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    NIV

Why is this? The Pharisees and the teachers of the law cared about one thing: being right. Doing the right thing. Did they love God? No, but they observed certain laws and in their eyes, they were righteous.

Do we do this? It is a hard question, but we have to ask it. What is the motive of our hearts? Why do we do the things we do?

Matt 22:36-40
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law ?”

37 Jesus replied: “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
    NIV

1 John 5:3
    3 This is love for God: to obey his commands.
    NIV

2 John 5-6
    5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love : that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love .
    NIV

Love sums up the law:

Rom 13:10
    Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law
    NIV

Now, the problem is that our hearts are wicked and we do not love Him like we should. This is where prayer comes in. Let's be honest with Him. Break before Him. If you desire to change, tell Him and ask Him to help you. Ask Him to crush you. [This is the meaning of “contrite”] David was always praying for this. He sinned terribly, but he was a man after God's own heart. He broke. He wept. He repented.

If you pray and ask God to transform you and you are willing to be broken, do you think that He will resist that? All He wants is you! All He wants is a relationship with you! He wants to be close and intimate with you, but your sin is standing in the way. If you cry out to Him, do you think that he will keep you at a distance?

This is the heart of our Father:

Luke 15:18-20
    18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
    NIV

The dictionary definition of repentance is a 180 degree turn. To go the opposite way. The prodigal son chose to do this and go back home. But before he could get there, his father saw him and ran to him. He was still a long way off. He was full of the stench of the world, but the father saw his heart and the love of the father was stronger than the shame of the son.

Friend, this is all you have to do.

Neal Hightower
    Participant

Psychologists relate in research that men have thousands of sexual thoughts daily, a primary driving force in their chemistry. The information fails to offer assistance with the issue, rather adds an element of justification, as does media marketing tacits utilized to sell void of any concern for morality, as well as in standard social norms in secondary educational arenas, college/university, the professional world. Even religious institutions soft-peddle the issue as a normal part of living. What has worked for me over the years is caution as to where my focus is directed. Once you see the problem coming towards you immediately redirect your energy so as to disconnect from the psychic connection. Addictive patterns are all basically the same, with some of course resulting in more severe consequences, such as alcoholism, drug addiction. The only way to overcome an addictive pattern is to STOP! As a psychologist, over the years it has become clear to me until an indiviudal is ready to quit an abusive pattern there is nothing that will alter the pattern. Once a conscious choice is made to STOP, then there are lots of interventions that can be utilized to help. In cognitive behavioral therapy for example, when dealing with addictive patterns, once the pattern is recognized a level of awareness may enter the mind and emotions that assists an individual in developing tools to break the pattern. For example, let's say an attractive female is approaching dressed sexually inappropriate, you can immediately began to count to 10, or better if you beleive in God, to pray, asking for assistance to defused the energy. Now it's up to you to count, to pray, and to turn away. God will assist you in building enough strength, courage, will power to do that if/as you practice. Taking incremental steps over time you can build strength inside to withstand the psychic pattern, and can learn to manage, eventually control it. The next key element is forgiveness, especially when you fail to meet your goal, or slip up. The old adage goes, when you fall off the horse immediatey get up and get back on, otherwise judgment, fear and all kind of negative thinking begins to take over. Forgiveness builds spiritual strength, will power, courage and most importantly love, which is the final key that will set you free. As mentioned in a response above, when you see the person as a soul you have earned the kingdom of God inside, and are walking hand in hand with God. Not easy, and the most rewarding experience one can have, in my experience, because then you are seeing Jesus Christ in human flesh, for as we do unto others we do unto him.

There's a lot more that can be said, and inclosing let me add, sometimes unclean psychic spirits will attach/try to attach to our bodies seeking carnal gratification. They are all around us. You can recognize them by their smell, something like dirty feet. Check the spirit as soon as the lust patterns starts to see if an unclean spirit is present by asking, “who is Jesus Christ.” I have never found an unclean spirit to answer that question. Then say, “get thee behind me Satan,” as suggested above, until the energy disappears. Learning to love ourselves our soul is necessary to authentically love another. In marriage relationships the lust of the body, carnal lust can be transmuted through spiritual love. Without a significant other in one's life, the relationship most beneficial to have is with God. It's not easy in the world, and everything else is pale in comparison. My prayers are with you in your search for freedom and your struggles to know yourself as a child of God. Remember always that God loves you and avoid anything that even remotely hinders that experience. God bless you. My words are offered as an educational tool. Be cautious also if you ever choose to participate in therapy to find someone that not only says they believe in Jesus Chirst, but actually demonstrates that in their life, in their actions.

Neal Hightower
    Participant

One additional helpful point is to be careful how you present your own body to others as not to tempt. As we are truly sincere we learn to love from our heart through our eyes, the window of the soul. Remember that Lucifer is very beautiful, spoken of the bible as the bright and morning star. This is not to say that all beautiful people are with Lucifer, rather a warning as to check out the spirit inside. Amen!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Neal Hightower @ Mar. 29 2009,21:29)
    Psychologists relate in research that men have thousands of sexual thoughts daily, a primary driving force in their chemistry. The information fails to offer assistance with the issue, rather adds an element of justification, as does media marketing tacits utilized to sell void of any concern for morality, as well as in standard social norms in secondary educational arenas, college/university, the professional world. Even religious institutions soft-peddle the issue as a normal part of living. What has worked for me over the years is caution as to where my focus is directed. Once you see the problem coming towards you immediately redirect your energy so as to disconnect from the psychic connection. Addictive patterns are all basically the same, with some of course resulting in more severe consequences, such as alcoholism, drug addiction. The only way to overcome an addictive pattern is to STOP! As a psychologist, over the years it has become clear to me until an indiviudal is ready to quit an abusive pattern there is nothing that will alter the pattern. Once a conscious choice is made to STOP, then there are lots of interventions that can be utilized to help. In cognitive behavioral therapy for example, when dealing with addictive patterns, once the pattern is recognized a level of awareness may enter the mind and emotions that assists an individual in developing tools to break the pattern. For example, let's say an attractive female is approaching dressed sexually inappropriate, you can immediately began to count to 10, or better if you beleive in God, to pray, asking for assistance to defused the energy. Now it's up to you to count, to pray, and to turn away. God will assist you in building enough strength, courage, will power to do that if/as you practice.  Taking incremental steps over time you can build strength inside to withstand the psychic pattern, and can learn to manage, eventually control it. The next key element is forgiveness, especially when you fail to meet your goal, or slip up. The old adage goes, when you fall off the horse immediatey get up and get back on, otherwise judgment, fear and all kind of negative thinking begins to take over. Forgiveness builds spiritual strength, will power, courage and most importantly love, which is the final key that will set you free. As mentioned in a response above, when you see the person as a soul you have earned the kingdom of God inside, and are walking hand in hand with God. Not easy, and the most rewarding experience one can have, in my experience, because then you are seeing Jesus Christ in human flesh, for as we do unto others we do unto him.

There's a lot more that can be said, and inclosing let me add, sometimes unclean psychic spirits will attach/try to attach to our bodies seeking carnal gratification. They are all around us. You can recognize them by their smell, something like dirty feet. Check the spirit as soon as the lust patterns starts to see if an unclean spirit is present by asking, “who is Jesus Christ.” I have never found an unclean spirit to answer that question. Then say, “get thee behind me Satan,” as suggested above, until the energy disappears.  Learning to love ourselves our soul is necessary to authentically love another. In marriage relationships the lust of the body, carnal lust can be transmuted through spiritual love. Without a significant other in one's life, the relationship most beneficial to have is with God. It's not easy in the world, and everything else is pale in comparison. My prayers are with you in your search for freedom and your struggles to know yourself as a child of God. Remember always that God loves you and avoid anything that even remotely hinders that experience. God bless you. My words are offered as an educational tool. Be cautious also if you ever choose to participate in therapy to find someone that not only says they believe in Jesus Chirst, but actually demonstrates that in their life, in their actions.

Hi Neal,
    You have an interesting perspective to bring here. Do you actually smell and hear unclean spirits? I've smelt dirty feet before but that is because I am raising a buch of sweaty kids :) I hope you stick around and continue to educate us. You have good/interesting advice. My son wants to be a psychologist, he is 22.
    LU

Cindy
    Participant

Hi Kathi! Interesting about your Son the psychologist student. Our Daughter-In-Law has a degree in psycology and so does Georg's Brother. His Brother is a retired Mayor of the Army also. He lives in Florida with His wife Andrea. We are so lucky to have them. I am so looking forward to our Granddaughters Baptizm on Sunday.
    :) :) :)

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 30 2009,16:48)

Quote (Neal Hightower @ Mar. 29 2009,21:29)
    Psychologists relate in research that men have thousands of sexual thoughts daily, a primary driving force in their chemistry. The information fails to offer assistance with the issue, rather adds an element of justification, as does media marketing tacits utilized to sell void of any concern for morality, as well as in standard social norms in secondary educational arenas, college/university, the professional world. Even religious institutions soft-peddle the issue as a normal part of living. What has worked for me over the years is caution as to where my focus is directed. Once you see the problem coming towards you immediately redirect your energy so as to disconnect from the psychic connection. Addictive patterns are all basically the same, with some of course resulting in more severe consequences, such as alcoholism, drug addiction. The only way to overcome an addictive pattern is to STOP! As a psychologist, over the years it has become clear to me until an indiviudal is ready to quit an abusive pattern there is nothing that will alter the pattern. Once a conscious choice is made to STOP, then there are lots of interventions that can be utilized to help. In cognitive behavioral therapy for example, when dealing with addictive patterns, once the pattern is recognized a level of awareness may enter the mind and emotions that assists an individual in developing tools to break the pattern. For example, let's say an attractive female is approaching dressed sexually inappropriate, you can immediately began to count to 10, or better if you beleive in God, to pray, asking for assistance to defused the energy. Now it's up to you to count, to pray, and to turn away. God will assist you in building enough strength, courage, will power to do that if/as you practice.  Taking incremental steps over time you can build strength inside to withstand the psychic pattern, and can learn to manage, eventually control it. The next key element is forgiveness, especially when you fail to meet your goal, or slip up. The old adage goes, when you fall off the horse immediatey get up and get back on, otherwise judgment, fear and all kind of negative thinking begins to take over. Forgiveness builds spiritual strength, will power, courage and most importantly love, which is the final key that will set you free. As mentioned in a response above, when you see the person as a soul you have earned the kingdom of God inside, and are walking hand in hand with God. Not easy, and the most rewarding experience one can have, in my experience, because then you are seeing Jesus Christ in human flesh, for as we do unto others we do unto him.

There's a lot more that can be said, and inclosing let me add, sometimes unclean psychic spirits will attach/try to attach to our bodies seeking carnal gratification. They are all around us. You can recognize them by their smell, something like dirty feet. Check the spirit as soon as the lust patterns starts to see if an unclean spirit is present by asking, “who is Jesus Christ.” I have never found an unclean spirit to answer that question. Then say, “get thee behind me Satan,” as suggested above, until the energy disappears.  Learning to love ourselves our soul is necessary to authentically love another. In marriage relationships the lust of the body, carnal lust can be transmuted through spiritual love. Without a significant other in one's life, the relationship most beneficial to have is with God. It's not easy in the world, and everything else is pale in comparison. My prayers are with you in your search for freedom and your struggles to know yourself as a child of God. Remember always that God loves you and avoid anything that even remotely hinders that experience. God bless you. My words are offered as an educational tool. Be cautious also if you ever choose to participate in therapy to find someone that not only says they believe in Jesus Chirst, but actually demonstrates that in their life, in their actions.

Hi Neal,
    You have an interesting perspective to bring here.  Do you actually smell and hear unclean spirits?  I've smelt dirty feet before but that is because I am raising a buch of sweaty kids :)  I hope you stick around and continue to educate us. You have good/interesting advice.   My son wants to be a psychologist, he is 22.
    LU

How interesting that you are aware of Satan's Spirits(I call them Satan's Spirit) So am I and have to tell them to leave our Home sometimes at nights too. The good part is that they have to leave if you tell them to in Christ's name. I never smell them, and never heard of that either, I have a good nose my Husband tells me. Coming out of the Catholic Church, I do recognize all. After my Baptism in 1985 believe me Satan hates that We left that Church. My Husband and I have been married for 48 years, and We both came out of that Church. However my Husband never feels the bad Spirits. I guess I do a good job chasing them out.
    Peace and Love Irene

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Woutlaw @ April 24 2006,03:49)
    Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I'm a very open person. I don't like to be fake or hide behind a mask. I have no problem being open about my struggles.

My biggest struggle is lust. I live in America, and men here are constantly being bombarded with sex 24/7. You can't turn on a tv, or read the newspaper, or go out in public without seeing some half dressed chick. Many women here don't know what modesty is.

I was wondering do any of you guys share in this struggle?

What kinda things have you done to overcome it?

Hi Woutlaw!
    Well, you're not alone in your struggle! You can count on that! The Apostle Paul also had a battle, {as we all do} similar to what we have to face today. Notice what Paul had to say about his struggle: “I find, then, this Law in my case; that when I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. I really delight in the Law of God according to the man I am within, but I behold in my members another Law warring against the Law of my mind and LEADING ME CAPTIVE to sin's Law that is in my members. MISERABLE MAN THAT I AM! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death?” Thanks to God through Jesus Christ out Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God's Law, but with my flesh to sins Law.” {Romans 7:21-25}
    So, Woutlaw, like Paul, we just have to try and keep fighting our weaknesses. With perserverance, someday we'll win out in this awful battle. Texas!

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ May 14 2009,00:41)

Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I'm a very open person. I don't like to be fake or hide behind a mask. I have no problem being open about my struggles.

My biggest struggle is lust. I live in America, and men here are constantly being bombarded with sex 24/7. You can't turn on a tv, or read the newspaper, or go out in public without seeing some half dressed chick. Many women here don't know what modesty is.

Hi Woutlaw!
    Well, you're not alone in your struggle! You can count on that! The Apostle Paul also had a battle, {as we all do} similar to what we have to face today. Notice what Paul had to say about his struggle: “I find, then, this Law in my case; that when I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. I really delight in the Law of God according to the man I am within, but I behold in my members another Law warring against the Law of my mind and LEADING ME CAPTIVE to sin's Law that is in my members. MISERABLE MAN THAT I AM! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death?” Thanks to God through Jesus Christ out Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God's Law, but with my flesh to sins Law.” {Romans 7:21-25}
    So, Woutlaw, like Paul, we just have to try and keep fighting our weaknesses. With perserverance, someday we'll win out in this awful battle. Texas!

Hello again Wouldlaw!
    I forget to pass on to you, a scripture in the Psalms that has always served as a comfort to me! That Psalm goes like this: “Jehovah is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness. He will not for all time keep finding fault, neither will he to time-indefinite keep resentful. He has not done to us even according to our sins; nor according to our errors has he brought upon us what we deserve. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, his loving kindness is superior to those fearing him. As far off as the Sunrise is from the Sunset, so far off from us has he put our transgressions. As a Father shows mercy to his Sons, Jehovah has shown mercy to those fearing him. For he himself well-knows the formation of us, remembering that we are dust.” {Psalms 103:8–14}

Don't forget too Wouldlaw, what the apostle James had to say about this very thing under discussion: “For WE ALL stumble MANY TIMES If anyone does not stumble in word, this one IS A PERFECT MAN able to bridle HIS WHOLE BODY.” {James 3:2}

There was only one perfect man Wouldlaw, and that was, the Christ. He laid down that perfect life to deliver us all from sin and death, that we all inherit from the First-Mans sin. {Romans 5:12}

So, when you do stumble Wouldlaw and have a fall; {and we all do} remember the words of this old Song: “Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, AND START ALL OVER AGAIN!” Never quit, never give up, because Jehovah will never give up on you! Texas!

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hi guys,

Greetings: I would like to know where its says that lust is a sin! There would be no procreation if there was not lust in man for a woman. I was taught all my life by religion that lust was a sin. I lived most of my life thinking God was mad at me for having lustful thoughts. Old testament men of God had hundreds of wives, and concubines some of them thousands. Abraham had sex with his maid. Lot got drunk and had sex with his daughters. Americans are very prudish about sex. It has come from religion. Now if you are trying to honor a marriage contract there are ways to deal with thoughts.Its much easier to have your thoughts and let them play out in your mind without judgement. Fixation on a thought empowers the thought.Rest in the finished work of Jesus that you are made clean through him and let the thoughts flow right through. God Bless you in your endeavor. TK

Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 05 2009,09:29)

Hi guys,

Greetings: I would like to know where its says that lust is a sin! There would be no procreation if there was not lust in man for a woman. I was taught all my life by religion that lust was a sin. I lived most of my life thinking God was mad at me for having lustful thoughts. Old testament men of God had hundreds of wives, and concubines some of them thousands. Abraham had sex with his maid. Lot got drunk and had sex with his daughters. Americans are very prudish about sex. It has come from religion. Now if you are trying to honor a marriage contract there are ways to deal with thoughts.Its much easier to have your thoughts and let them play out in your mind without judgement. Fixation on a thought empowers the thought.Rest in the finished work of Jesus that you are made clean through him and let the thoughts flow right through. God Bless you in your endeavor. TK

Hi Tim:

Here is the scripture:

1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1Jo 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Marty: Please tell me that in those scriptures you have not taken literally that the “world” meant the earth that God specifically created for mankind in all its beauty and glory. She is our mother. We came from her. When Jesus talked about the sin of the world he was talking about the religious world order that had gone astray from God and made money and gifts the God of their religion.Everything that religion was before Jesus came why he came. To save the lost sinner. That was the old temple religious order. Love not that “world” for that world passed away (the old covenant) the New Order is come with the Kingdom of God within. If you are fighting against desires in this life you are most miserable.We are created from Love. We are to Love unconditionally the things of God. If you look up the word “things” used in the Bible you will find it refers to “Logos” the words of God. Jesus did away with sin forever.Jesus brought God's words that say we are cleansed and made whole and so we are. When will we believe that. If we believe that desires, wants,and lusts in the world are sins we are sinners with no hope left. One who thinks sin has a sin consiousness. Peace my brother, TK

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account