Stop prophesying what jesus couldn't know

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,13:14)
    Hi BD:

Mat 24:14   And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.  

Mat 24:15 ¶ When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)  

Mat 24:16   Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:  
    Mat 24:21   For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.  

Mat 24:22   And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.  

Mat 24:23   Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not.  

Mat 24:24   For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  
    Mat 24:29 ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:  

Mat 24:30   And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  

Mat 24:31   And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
    Mat 24:32 ¶ Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh:  

Mat 24:33   So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors.  

Mat 24:34   Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.  

Mat 24:35   Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

These things have not been totally fulfilled, but I believe that we are the generation which will see them fulfilled.  But for sure the generation which sees the Anti-Christ setting himself up in the temple of God showing himself to be God, which is termed the Abomination of Desolation in verse 24:15, will be the generation that Jesus spoke about that will see all of these things spoken here fulfilled.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    You have no biblical or historical basis for saying that our generation will see fulfillment. Jesus said “this generation” meaning HIS OWN generation.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,11:28)
    Hi TT,
    Do you think intellectually accepting that Jesus died for you relates to a scripture for the Jews in Joel?
    Do you think somehow that saved you?

Why don't you tell us how a non-Jew was saved. And tell us how you know you are saved. And tell us how you know that another is not saved. Tell us also which scripture says that all judgment has been committed to Nick.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (eveh @ Sep. 01 2009,12:42)
    What failed prediction are you speaking about? Surely not the one below?

“About 30 CE: The Christian Scriptures (New Testament), when interpreted literally, appear to record many predictions by Jeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ) that God's Kingdom would arrive within a very short period, or was actually in the process of arriving. For example, Jesus is recorded as saying in Matthew 16:28: “…there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: “…This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”

Jesus was referring to the Kingdom of God which came down to Earth on the day he was resurrected.  It did arrive. And there were some standing there who entered into that Kingdom on the Day of Pentecost. They are now dead to their sins and are filled with his spirit. That generation did not pass away until they saw the Kingdom coming down. That was the day , scripture was fulfilled. There is now a way into the holy of hollies for us. He is the firstborn of many Sons. Many are still waiting for the Kingdom of God and it arrived on the Day of Pentacost.

AMEN!

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (eveh @ Sep. 01 2009,12:42)
    What failed prediction are you speaking about? Surely not the one below?

“About 30 CE: The Christian Scriptures (New Testament), when interpreted literally, appear to record many predictions by Jeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ) that God's Kingdom would arrive within a very short period, or was actually in the process of arriving. For example, Jesus is recorded as saying in Matthew 16:28: “…there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: “…This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”

Jesus was referring to the Kingdom of God which came down to Earth on the day he was resurrected.  It did arrive. And there were some standing there who entered into that Kingdom on the Day of Pentecost. They are now dead to their sins and are filled with his spirit. That generation did not pass away until they saw the Kingdom coming down. That was the day , scripture was fulfilled. There is now a way into the holy of hollies for us. He is the firstborn of many Sons. Many are still waiting for the Kingdom of God and it arrived on the Day of Pentacost.

Read Matthew 16:27

Jesus dd not return with Holy angels and judge each man according to his work and you know he didn't

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,14:06)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,11:33)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,11:10)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,11:05)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,11:00)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,09:32)
    Hi TT,
    Do believers teach from outside of scripture that God is a strange trinity?

Even so, Christ's sacrificial death covers ALL SINS. A “strange” trinity would be a trinity that cannot be found in scripture. The Father, the Son and the Spirit are found in scripture.

thinker

Love covers all sins as well so love Christ, Love me and be God Blessed.

The only requisite to salvation is that one believe that Christ died for him. You deny that Christ was crucified. Nick requires that one must believe as he does in order to be a Christian. Nick shows that he does not understand God's free grace. Nick thinks that the mandate “judge not” does not include himself.

thinker

I am not debating your salvation. If believing that Christ died for your sins refrain you from commiting further sins and loving God, then, so be it. My only Goal is to “clarify” your belief.

bd,
    I thought you were talking about debating the supposed fail prophecy of Christ's second coming. It happened in AD70. Is this what you want to debate?

thinker

Yes! That cam be part of the debate, sorry for my lack of communication

God Bless you!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,14:08)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,13:14)
    Hi BD:

Mat 24:14   And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.  

Mat 24:15 ¶ When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)  

Mat 24:16   Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:  
    Mat 24:21   For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.  

Mat 24:22   And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.  

Mat 24:23   Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not.  

Mat 24:24   For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  
    Mat 24:29 ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:  

Mat 24:30   And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  

Mat 24:31   And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
    Mat 24:32 ¶ Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh:  

Mat 24:33   So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors.  

Mat 24:34   Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.  

Mat 24:35   Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

These things have not been totally fulfilled, but I believe that we are the generation which will see them fulfilled.  But for sure the generation which sees the Anti-Christ setting himself up in the temple of God showing himself to be God, which is termed the Abomination of Desolation in verse 24:15, will be the generation that Jesus spoke about that will see all of these things spoken here fulfilled.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    You have no biblical or historical basis for saying that our generation will see fulfillment. Jesus said “this generation” meaning HIS OWN generation.

thinker

Exactly! I'm glad we agree on that much, looking forward to your response in the debate forum.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,14:12)

Hi TT,
    Do you think intellectually accepting that Jesus died for you relates to a scripture for the Jews in Joel?

Why don't you tell us how a non-Jew was saved. And tell us how you know you are saved. And tell us how you know that another is not saved. Tell us also which scripture says the all judgment has been committed to Nick.

thinker

TT,

There was possible salvation for the Jews through obedience to the Law, and for those whose consciences reflected that law before Jesus came.[Rom1-3]

All men can be joined with Jesus and find salvation through his perfect works of obedience but it is an unpopular choice. Repent and be reborn of water and the Spirit.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,16:39)

Hi TT,

Why don't you tell us how a non-Jew was saved. And tell us how you know you are saved. And tell us how you know that another is not saved. Tell us also which scripture says the all judgment has been committed to Nick.

thinker

TT,

There was possible salvation for the Jews through obedience to the Law, and for those whose consciences reflected that law before Jesus came.[Rom1-3]

All men can be joined with Jesus and find salvation through his perfect works of obedience but it is an unpopular choice.  Repent and be reborn of water and the Spirit.

Nick,

Jesus preached this before the cross

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Indeed Jesus taught the Jews about their Law when asked.
    But the law is not the way of salvation for us gentiles.

Those outside the Law perish without the law unless joined to Jesus.{rom2-3]

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,16:20)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,14:06)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,11:33)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,11:10)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,11:05)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 01 2009,11:00)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,09:32)
    Hi TT,
    Do believers teach from outside of scripture that God is a strange trinity?

Even so, Christ's sacrificial death covers ALL SINS. A “strange” trinity would be a trinity that cannot be found in scripture. The Father, the Son and the Spirit are found in scripture.

thinker

Love covers all sins as well so love Christ, Love me and be God Blessed.

The only requisite to salvation is that one believe that Christ died for him. You deny that Christ was crucified. Nick requires that one must believe as he does in order to be a Christian. Nick shows that he does not understand God's free grace. Nick thinks that the mandate “judge not” does not include himself.

thinker

I am not debating your salvation. If believing that Christ died for your sins refrain you from commiting further sins and loving God, then, so be it. My only Goal is to “clarify” your belief.

bd,
    I thought you were talking about debating the supposed fail prophecy of Christ's second coming. It happened in AD70. Is this what you want to debate?

thinker

Yes! That cam be part of the debate, sorry for my lack of communication

God Bless you!

bd,
    I looked in the “debate” section and saw that the topic title is not about supposed failed prophecy though the content is about this. ??? Anyway, I'll see you there.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,16:39)

Hi TT,

thinker

TT,

All men can be joined with Jesus and find salvation through his perfect works of obedience but it is an unpopular choice.  Repent and be reborn of water and the Spirit.

False gospel!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Really?
    Can you save yourself?
    Can you be saved by obedience to the jewish law?

Are the words of Jesus to Nicodemus and those of Peter at Pentecost false ?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,19:24)
    Hi TT,
    Really?
    Can you save yourself?
    Can you be saved by obedience to the jewish law?

Are the words of Jesus to Nicodemus and those of Peter at Pentecost false ?

A man is not justified by the works of the law. Paul's teachings replaced Christ's teachings. We have been over this before.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So Paul superceded the Lord Jesus Christ?
    Replace Paul with Peter and you are a catholic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    I am sure WJ will pluck up the courage to correct your denigration of the King.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,19:58)
    Hi TT,

Hi TT,

The King revealed the full gospel to Paul.  

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

If the King had preached the full gospel in the days of His flesh, then why was it necessary for the King to reveal it to Paul? According to Paul, who was inspired by the King, justification is APART from the law:

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God APART from the law is being revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, (Rom. 3:20-21)

Is the King free to supercede His own word? Or is He bound by the principles of Nick? Paul said that the gospel which the King revealed to him was “witnessed” by the law and the prophets. Therefore, the law itself says that no man can be saved by the law.

I understand that salvation is by GRACE ALONE which our friend CA would consider anathema. So much for your bogus charge that I would become a Catholic.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 02 2009,03:04)

Hi TT,

Hi TT,

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

If the King had preached the full gospel in the days of His flesh, then why was it necessary for the King to reveal it to Paul? According to Paul, who was inspired by the King, justification is APART from the law:

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God APART from the law is being revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, (Rom. 3:20-21)

Is the King free to supercede His own word? Or is He bound by the principles of Nick? Paul said that the gospel which the King revealed to him was “witnessed” by the law and the prophets. Therefore, the law itself says that no man can be saved by the law.

I understand that salvation is by GRACE ALONE which our friend CA would consider anathema. So much for your bogus charge that I would become a Catholic.

thinker

I had to respond to this ridiculous claim.

The Catholic church has always believed that salvation comes BY GRACE ALONE. See, you prove that you don't know about the Catholic faith once for all delivered to the saints.

Maybe now you will consider that there are some things you are ignorant about us. Maybe you will be open to hearing the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 02 2009,03:04)

Hi TT,

Hi TT,

thinker

Hi TT,
    Christ was in Paul.
    “It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me” gal

Paul served the vine and and the same sap flowed in him as in his master.

Do not cut yourself off from the Vine by denigrating him as he is our only Rabbi.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account