Statement of Beliefs about the Godhead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Morningstar
    Participant

The God of the Bible

There is one omnipotent, omniscient, eternal God and Father. Always has been and always will be. There was never a time before him and there will never be a time after him. No other self-existing eternal God has ever existed nor will ever exist. He is alone in all authority and power. There was a point in prehistory where only God existed and nothing else was. He does not have a name since nobody was ever around to give him one when he was alone. The bible uses many “titles” but no actual official name exists (that I know of). His most prominent title that he revealed to man is the name YHWH. (I AM WHAT I WILL BECOME) It is with this name he made himself know to the patriarchs.

Jesus

There is only one firstborn only begotten Son of God. This Son was actually begotten from the Father; being generated from the very nature and substance of the Father. This begetting I discuss is not through Mary that was the incarnation; this begetting was in the beginning before all things. Jesus is not the Father (God) but is the exact image and representation of the Father’s glory in visual and auditory form. It is through this firstborn Son, this very god of God, light of Light, that all things came into being and are sustained. All things were created by the Father through the Son. The Son was not created but was begotten. The closest thing to being begotten that our minds understand is the process of human birth. Jesus is the highest ranking son of God and shares the name YHWH with his Father. Jesus is very different from the angels in origin, substance, and purpose; yet none the less he is a son of God. Jesus is an angel to the extent that he was a messenger for God: in fact he was the Angel of The Lord in the Old Testament. Angel is simply a title meaning messenger, it is not the name of an actual race of beings; this race of spiritual sons is simply called the Elohim. Jesus, however, is not “just” an angel for he is so much superior, being the unique “monogenes” only begotten Son who alone is in the image of the invisible God. Jesus was the god that was seen and heard from by the patriarchs, the one who Moses saw in the cleft of the rock and heard the words spoken “I Am” from the burning bush and Jesus is the one who wrestled with Jacob.

The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God the Father; the essence, power and active force throughout creation that emanates from him and through Christ and into all believers. The Holy Spirit is not a person or being, but it is personal since it is actually the spirit of the Father.

Angels

The angels are the other sons of God and the companions (or fellows in the KJV) of Jesus. Through Jesus all other sons of God were created; Jesus being the only thing not created but rather begotten of the Father and therefore the only being sharing in the Father’s substance of divinity. The angels are the principalities and powers; divine messengers and servants. Within the order of angels consists a hierarchy, a structure of positions, each with their own responsibilities and duties. It is true that at no time has God ever said to another of his sons, the angels, “You are my son Today I have begotten you.”, because Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. All other divine sons were created through Jesus. The firstborn Son stands alone and unique as the begotten brought forth in the exact image and glory of his Father. Jesus has been anointed far above his companions as the name he inherited is far greater than theirs.

The Great Council

In the beginning when God divided up the nations he appointed over each nation a divine son to be a watcher and a guardian. Each son was to be a regent (one who rules in another’s place and with their authority) who would guide the people and represent the Father who is invisible and cannot be seen or heard by man. These beings were very much seen and heard by men as all ancient religions declare their direct dealings with their “gods”.

Jesus received the nation of Israel as his inheritance. With Israel the Father had the plan of redemption so his unique only begotten son was given the important task of watching over it. For Jesus is the one who created man and will be the one who saves man.

These sons are called “gods”. It is just a title that means “mighty one” and does not mean God in even remotely the same sense as that title applies to the Father. Our English language causes many problems when it comes to the titles and names of God and his sons in the Old Testament. We have turned the title of God into an official name of the Father and thus stripped that title of its original meaning. It is the difference between “mighty one” and “Almighty”; for God is the Most High obviously demonstrating that there are other Elohim that he is higher than.

The other sons of God who watched over the other nations failed miserably and did not govern properly letting man fall into absolute debauchery and rather than ruling under the Father’s will they prided themselves to govern how they saw fit. The only son given a nation who loved righteousness and was faithful was Jesus, the Son who watched over Israel. God gave all authority to the one good Son, the one good Shepherd who inherited all nations. The other sons include Satan who is the “god” of this current world and the other fallen principalities and powers. I believe originally Satan was the guardian set over Eden and he set the example for the other fallen sons to follow.

In the Old Testament we see many references to these powers. Some examples include the King of Tyre and the Prince of Tyre. Every nation had a human king and above him an angelic King. This is why sometimes these verses appear to be talking about a man and at other times an angel. Well, it is because two beings are being spoken about. In the case of Tyre God was sending a message through Ezekiel to both the bad human king and the bad angelic King. Another, example is when David said, “My Lord said to my Lord.” Sometimes a lot of the prophecies and messianic verses in the Old Testament about Christ appear to be talking about David as well; it is because two beings are being spoken about. Jesus was the Elohim (god) over David and above both of them was the Most High (God). Remember, the Prince of Persia and the Prince of Greece mentioned in Daniel? Every nation had a divine son or “Lord” over it and above the divine son is the Father.

God (Father) > Lord (divine son) > human King

Samuel
    Participant

Brother, I gotta tell you I'm so sore in my soul.

After getting on this site and going to this Oneness church…I feel like a ship being tossed on the sea. Ever since I've decided to start back living for the GOD…I've come across more outrageous beliefs than I'd really care to mention. First off, there is not telling how corrupt the Catholic Church is/was…and/or how much they've successfully corrupted.

Second, these oneness people…and pentecostal people…Go to so much extent to set up what they perceive the way you should present your self to the world…”Church By-Laws” or “Holiness Principles” I don't know…It's true the bible says that you should separate your self from the world…but does that mean to make a complete mockery of yourself in Jesus Name? I really don't think it does…I think Jesus/GOD would rather have you testify how great they've been to you…and what all they have saved you from…rather then try to tell people that they shouldn't wear pants…or shouldn't have a TV…or this or that. Cause I assure you that if GOD don't want you doing that…Your not going to need some man to tell you not to do it. I believe JESUS and the HOLY GHOST are plenty enough shepherding for GOD to work with. Trust me…if you do something GOD don't approve of…your going to feel a convection about it.

All the way down to people flat out saying JESUS is not real…That ..oh brother…you might as well stab me right through the heart with a sword or something…Jesus is just as real as you are I am are anything else is. How can someone even say something like that? I mean GOD how can they even say such a blasphemy? That really really hurts my soul. If there is anything I'm ever going to disagree with anyone on here about anything flat out …its that. I'm so very sorry…but that is the flat out spirit of ANTI-CHRIST and I will not associate myself with it. Thats blasphemy…thats all there is to it…you might as well …well…thats really all I have to say about that…GOD bless them and have mercy on their souls…please deal with them so that they might not perish …but have everlasting life with you.
    Amen.

About what morning star says here:
    I can Agree to some extent of what is being said here…in all actuality it's probably one of the post that makes more sense than some I've seen here lately. At least you can swallow it. Unlike some of these other topics.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Oct. 26 2007,17:37)
    I feel like a ship being tossed on the sea.

Bro,

I hate to keep harping on this, but scripture tells us that a man who doubts is like one tossed on the waves of the sea!

There has been one sent here to throw some into confusion and DOUBT. He is clever and has realized his faults (starting out hot and boiling – the frogs have jumped out of the pot), so now he is cold again, reassuring and apologetic. But rest assured, he will heat up slowly and rob faith from many without them realizing it. (I'm referring to the frog in the boiling water story, which I'm sure you have heard).

There are many religions out there. So many that we can not count them. Rest assured though, your spirit knows God and his Son, Jesus. Hold fast to what you know. Do not let go for anything! Press on in reading and devoting time to praise and worship. Pray for peace of mind and soul. Pray for guidance and understanding. Pray for protection from worry and doubt. God bless you as you do.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Samuel and Mandy Did Jesus not say that the Father has given us to Jesus and He will never let us go? We have His promise and all we have to do have faith in Him and no matter who comes along, Jesus is much stronger much stronger then they are or Satan, because I feel those that are Anti-Christ have Satan's Spirit. You will know when they come around, they seem angry all the time. We just have to stay close to each other and pray.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Oct. 26 2007,17:37)
    Brother, I gotta tell you I'm so sore in my soul.

After getting on this site and going to this Oneness church…I feel like a ship being tossed on the sea.  Ever since I've decided to start back living for the GOD…I've come across more outrageous beliefs than I'd really care to mention.  First off, there is not telling how corrupt the Catholic Church is/was…and/or how much they've successfully corrupted.  

Second, these oneness people…and pentecostal people…Go to so much extent to set up what they perceive the way you should present your self to the world…”Church By-Laws” or “Holiness Principles”  I don't know…It's true the bible says that you should separate your self from the world…but does that mean to make a complete mockery of yourself in Jesus Name?  I really don't think it does…I think Jesus/GOD would rather have you testify how great they've been to you…and what all they have saved you from…rather then try to tell people that they shouldn't wear pants…or shouldn't have a TV…or this or that.  Cause I assure you that if GOD don't want you doing that…Your not going to need some man to tell you not to do it.  I believe JESUS and the HOLY GHOST are plenty enough shepherding for GOD to work with.  Trust me…if you do something GOD don't approve of…your going to feel a convection about it.

All the way down to people flat out saying JESUS is not real…That ..oh brother…you might as well stab me right through the heart with a sword or something…Jesus is just as real as you are I am are anything else is.  How can someone even say something like that?  I mean GOD how can they even say such a blasphemy?  That really really hurts my soul. If there is anything I'm ever going to disagree with anyone on here about anything flat out …its that.  I'm so very sorry…but that is the flat out spirit of ANTI-CHRIST   and I will not associate myself with it.  Thats blasphemy…thats all there is to it…you might as well …well…thats really all I have to say about that…GOD bless them and have mercy on their souls…please deal with them so that they might not perish …but have everlasting life with you.
    Amen.

About what morning star says here:
    I can Agree to some extent of what is being said here…in all actuality  it's probably one of the post that makes more sense than some I've seen here lately.   At least you can swallow it.  Unlike some of these other topics.

People who say Jesus was not real is pretty fringe. Even athiest historians believe he existed.

Its whether you believe this man was who he said he was that matters and whether you choose to follow him because of it.

I know what you mean though. We talk about something very important to the very meaning of our lives on these boards.

I really don't see why someone would come in and try to destroy the faith of others. Either try to share a “better” truth or a more “accurate” truth. Even if that was another faith.

But, there is no reason to just attack and mock as if no other form of personal etertainment exists out there. It must just be an arrogance thing. Feeding off of the energy received by harming others like a vampire.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Morningstar There is always going to be someone that Satan has wrapped around His little finger and will give us a hard time, and you know what, it should strengthen us. We can see how wrong they are and how much we have learned. We are in the end times and a lot of Anti-Christ's will come along, and we need to put on the whole Armor of God. Lets rejoice and give God praise, we know who Jesus is, we have been born again, and Jesus is not going to loose us. Amen again.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Oct. 26 2007,20:00)
    I really don't see why someone would come in and try to destroy the faith of others.

Deception is one of the greatest tools Satan has in his bag of tricks. Do not be misled, there are many who would try to destroy the faith of other's. Why? They serve the god of this world. And the god of this world is a angel or a lion seeking whom he may devour……..

IM4Truth
    Participant

List of every New Testament conversion example

BAPTISM IS FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS {THROUGH OBEDIENCE} ,,,,THAT CHRIST DIED FOR

# 1

Acts 2:38

God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.

When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles,
    “Brothers, what shall we do?”
    Peter replied,

2 things they had to do……. “Repent and be baptized,

WHO HAD TO??,,,,,,,,,,,,every one of you,

HOW………in the name of Jesus Christ

WHY …………..for the forgiveness of your sins.

And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

THEN WE WILL RECIEVE …… The promise is for you and your children

and for all who are far off

for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them,

“Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”

Those who accepted his message

were baptized,

and about three thousand were added to their number that day

# 2

Acts 8:12

But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God

and the name of Jesus Christ,

they were baptized,

both men and women.

Simon himself believed and was baptized.

(see also verse 16)

# 3

Acts 8:36

As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said,

“Look, here is water.

Why shouldn't I be baptized?”

And Philip said,

If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest.

And he answered and said,

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. RESULTS OF BELIEVING

And he gave orders to stop the chariot.

Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water

and Philip baptized him.

When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away,

and the eunuch did not see him again,

but went on his way rejoicing.

# 4

Acts 9:17

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it.

Placing his hands on Saul, he said,

“Brother Saul, the Lord–Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here-

-has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

” Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again.

He got up and was baptized,

and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

# 5

Acts 10:44

He commanded us to preach to the people

and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him

receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.

The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished

that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.

For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Then Peter said,

Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water?

They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”

So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

# 6

Acts 16:14

One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God.

The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message

When she and the members of her household were baptized,

she invited us to her home. “

# 7

Acts 16:29

The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas.

He then brought them out and asked,

“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

They replied,

“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved–you and your household.”

Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house.

At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds;

then immediately he and all his family were baptized.

# 8

Acts 18:7

Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. Crispus, the synagogue ruler,

and his entire household believed in the Lord;

and many of the Corinthians who heard him

believed and were baptized.

# 9

Acts 19:1

While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus.

There he found some disciples and asked them,

“Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

They answered,

“No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

So Paul asked,

“Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John's baptism,” they replied.

Paul said,

“John's baptism was a baptism of repentance.

He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”

On hearing this,

they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

# 10

Acts 22:14

“Then he said:

`The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.

You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.

And now what are you waiting for?

Get up,

be baptized and wash your sins away,

calling on his name.'

AND BE PUT INTO HIS FAMILY BY BEING BAPTIZED IN HIS NAME

LORD JESUS CHRIST

By Ted Fizzell

IM4Truth
    Participant

LOOKING FOR THIS ??

WHY DID JESUS DIE FOR YOU?

“O N L Y F O R Y O U R S A L V A T I O N “

HOW DO WE ACCEPT,,,,,, WHAT HE DID FOR US ?

ONLY,, THROUGH OBEDIENCE,, TO HIS COMMANDMENTS ,,
    SO WE COULD BE BORN AGAIN

Remember Jesus said to the ” PHARISEE” you are of your Father was DEVIL
    we are all born to SATAN'S FAMILY we need to born again from above.

It says 2 John 1:9 if we abide NOT in the doctrine of Christ,,, we have not God,,
    BUT if we do,, we have both the Father, and the Son ……

Wherefore as by one man's sin, {Adam's}, sin entered into this world and death by sin;
    and so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned Romans 5:12

BORN OF THE WATER
    IN REVELATION 1:5 WE WERE WASHED IN HIS BLOOD”

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him,
    that the BODY of sin, might be destroyed,
    that henceforth we should not serve sin,
    For he that is dead is freed from sin, Romans 6:6,7

For as many of you as has been baptized into Christ,
    were baptized into his death or have put on Christ,,
    and have taken on his name ? Gal 3:27

And take on a new Father's name and put into his Family's name
    LORD JESUS CHRIST EPH, 3:13-14 That takes place
    when we are baptized or BORN OF THE WATER

THAT TAKES US OUT OF SATAN'S FAMILY and
    PUTS US INTO the FAMILY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST or INTO GOD'S FAMILY

Jesus promised to build his Church Matt 16:18
    Jesus Christ the Chief corner stone and is built upon the foundation Ehp 2:20
    of the Apostles and Prophets + Acts 2:42

BORN OF THE SPIRIT
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into ONE BODY ……………………….. 1Cor 12:13
    He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit,,= Matt 3:11 + Mark 1:8 + Luke 3:15 + John 1:33 + Acts 11:16

Acts, is the only book, showing by examples,, how to get saved
    Romans to Revelation are written to the Saints,
    who have OBEYED the GOSPEL recorder in ACTS..
    In Rom to Rev..Paul is explaining, to the churches,
    what happened in Acts. when they got saved,

What is the doctrine of Christ ? Hebrews 6:1-3, {BAPTISM-S}
    BORN OF WATER, AND SPIRIT…
    Peter who had the keys to the kingdom,
    preached the first Gospel message, Acts 2:14-36
    said in Acts 2:37 because they asked the question what must we do?

Peter said ………{this is not works,, but obedience,,

1. { 2 } things they had to do } = repent and be baptized { IN WATER }

2. { who had to be baptized ? } = everyone of you…..

3. { how to be baptized ? } = in the name of Jesus Christ..
    {the one who died for you 1 Cor.1:13}

4. { why be baptizd ? } = for the remission or forgiveness of sins…

5. { and if you are baptized } = ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit,
    {that God promised..}

Then they that gladly received the word, were baptized
    { obeyed the gospel message,}.
    the same day there were, about 3,000 souls, that were added to the church.

And they continued in the Apostles doctrine,,
    {which was Acts 2:38 } + Acts 2:42

Now Peter was surprised, that God gave the
    Gentiles the Holy Spirit, FIRST,
    before they were baptized,,,, Acts chap 10,11,,
    BUT in Acts 2 they were baptized in water first..

Reading the Epistles {before obeying Acts,, } is reading someone else's mail,,
    and are written to those who have obeyed the GOSPEL
    MESSAGE that was taught in Acts,,

EVERYONE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
    WHO GOT SAVED DID THIS…..

Everyone who got saved in the bible was
    baptized in the name of Jesus Christ………….
    that no one was ever baptized in the words
    FATHER, SON, AND HOLY GHOST
    By Ted Fizzell

IM4Truth
    Participant

are you looking for this??
    —– Original Message —– Prophecies that Jesus Christ Fulfilled
    General Information
    There are around a hundred Prophecies in the Old Testament that are commonly referred to as being fulfilled by Jesus. Each of them has been subjected to extensive examination by countless scholars and other authors, with intent to either prove or disprove the validity. Since many hundreds of books have been written on those various issues, and much of the argument in either direction seems to be reliant on the opinions of the various authors, BELIEVE has chosen not to get into those matters, but just to list the most commonly accepted ones.

SUBJECT OT Prophecy NT Fulfillment
    As the Son of God Ps 2:7 Lu 1:32,35
    As the seed of the woman Ge 3:15 Ga 4:4
    As the seed of Abraham Ge 17:7 22:18 Ga 3:16
    As the seed of Isaac Ge 21:12 Heb 11:17-19
    As the seed of David Ps 132:11 Jer 23:5 Ac 13:23 Ro 1:3
    His coming at a set time Ge 49:10 Da 9:24,25 Lu 2:1
    His being born of a virgin Isa 7:14 Mt 1:22,23 Lu 2:7
    His being called Immanuel Isa 7:14 Mt 1:22,23
    His being born in Bethlehem of Judea Mic 5:2 Mt 2:1 Lu 2:4-6
    Great persons coming to adore him Ps 72:10 Mt 2:1-11
    The slaying of the children of Bethlehem Jer 31:15 Mt 2:16-18
    His being called out of Egypt Ho 11:1 Mt 2:15
    His being preceded by John the Baptist Isa 40:3 Mal 3:1 Mt 3:1,3 Lu 1:17
    His being anointed with the Spirit Ps 45:7 Isa 11:2 61:1 Mt 3:16 Joh 3:34 Ac 10:38
    His being a Prophet like to Moses De 18:15-18 Ac 3:20-22
    His being a Priest after the order of Melchizedek Ps 110:4 Heb 5:5,6
    His entering on his public ministry Isa 61:1,2 Lu 4:16-21,43
    His ministry commencing in Galilee Isa 9:1,2 Mt 4:12-16,23
    His entering publicly into Jerusalem Zec 9:9 Mt 21:1-5
    His coming into the temple Hag 2:7,9 Mal 3:1 Mt 21:12 Lu 2:27-32 Joh 2:13-16
    His poverty Isa 53:2 Mr 6:3 Lu 9:58
    His meekness and want of ostentatious Isa 42:2 Mt 12:15,16,19
    His tenderness and compassion Isa 40:11 42:3 Mt 12:15,20 Heb 4:15
    His being without guile Isa 53:9 1Pe 2:22
    His zeal Ps 69:9 Joh 2:17
    His preaching by parables Ps 78:2 Mt 13:34,35
    His working miracles Isa 35:5,6 Mt 11:4-6 Joh 11:47
    His bearing reproach Ps 22:6 69:7,9,20 Ro 15:3
    His being rejected by his brethren Ps 69:8 Isa 63:3 Joh 1:11 7:3
    His being a stone of stumbling to the Jews Isa 8:14 Ro 9:32 1Pe 2:8
    His being hated by the Jews Ps 69:4 Isa 49:7 Joh 15:24,25
    His being rejected by the Jewish rulers Ps 118:22 Mt 21:42 Joh 7:48
    That the Jews and Gentiles should combine against Him Ps 2:1,2 Lu 23:12 Ac 4:27
    His being betrayed by a friend Ps 41:9 55:12-14 Joh 13:18,21
    His disciples forsaking him Zec 13:7 Mt 26:31,56
    His being sold for thirty pieces silver Zec 11:12 Mt 26:15
    His price being given for the potter's field Zec 11:13 Mt 27:7
    The intensity of his sufferings Ps 22:14,15 Lu 22:42,44
    His sufferings being for others Isa 53:4-6,12 Da 9:26 Mt 20:28
    His patience and silence under suffering Isa 53:7 Mt 26:63 27:12-14
    His being smitten on the cheek Mic 5:1 Mt 27:30
    His visage being marred Isa 52:14 53:3 Joh 19:5
    His being spit on and scourged Isa 50:6 Mr 14:65 Joh 19:1
    His hands and feet being nailed to the cross Ps 22:16 Joh 19:18 20:25
    His being forsaken by God Ps 22:1 Mt 27:46
    His being mocked Ps 22:7,8 Mt 27:39-44
    Gall and vinegar being given him to drink Ps 69:21 Mt 27:34
    His garments being parted, and lots cast for his vesture Ps 22:18 Mt 27:35
    His being numbered with the transgressors Isa 53:12 Mr 15:28
    His intercession for His murderers Isa 53:12 Lu 23:34
    His Death Isa 53:12 Mt 27:50
    That a bone of him should not be broken Ex 12:46 Ps 34:20 Joh 19:33,36
    His being pierced Zec 12:10 Joh 19:34,37
    His being buried with the rich Isa 53:9 Mt 27:57-60
    His flesh not seeing corruption Ps 16:10 Ac 2:31
    His resurrection Ps 16:10 Isa 26:19 Lu 24:6,31,34
    His ascension Ps 68:18 Lu 24:51 Ac 1:9
    His sitting on the right hand of God Ps 110:1 Heb 1:3
    His exercising the priestly office in heaven Zec 6:13 Ro 8:34
    His being the chief corner-stone of the Church Isa 28:16 1Pe 2:6,7
    His being King in Zion Ps 2:6 Lu 1:32 Joh 18:33-37
    The conversion of the Gentiles to him Isa 11:10 42:1 Mt 1:17,21 Joh 10:16 Ac 10:45,47
    His righteous government Ps 45:6,7 Joh 5:30 Re 19:11
    His universal dominion Ps 72:8 Da 7:14 Php 2:9,11
    The perpetuity of his kingdom Isa 9:7 Da 7:14 Lu 1:32,33

By Ted Fizzell
    ——————————————————————————–

IM4Truth
    Participant

The Rest of the Story

by Aquila & Priscilla

And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
    This man was instructed in the way of the Lord: and bring fervent in the the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord knowing only the baptism of John (He had never heard the rest of the story.) Acts 18:25, in the Living New Testament.

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. (They told him the rest of the story.) Acts 18:24-26

Is It Possible

Is it possible to be eloquent, instructed and knowledgeable in the scripture, fervent and bold in preaching, and yet be wrong?
    Is it possible to be one hundred percent honest and sincere and not possess the full and more perfect plan of salvation?

I truly believe there are many outstanding, well educated and gifted ministers, such as Apollos, who have never heard the rest of the story. Perhaps the greatest attribute of Apollos was his humble and receptive spirit, that made him willing to hear and obey the more perfect plan of God. I wish today that men could share the spirit and humility of this great man.

The Rest of the Story

What was the rest of the story? What is the more perfect plan of salvation? Aquila and Priscilla knew it, for they were tentmakers with Paul, and had received it from him. Read on, as the rest of the story unfolds in the following chapter. Acts 19:1-6
    Verse one, Paul visits Ephesus and finds certain disciples whom Apollos had recently baptized. (Please remember, Apollos knew only the baptism of John. Acts 18:25. These were not disciples of John the baptist; John had been dead nearly twenty four years.
    Verse two, Paul asks if they had received the Holy Ghost since they believed? They answered that they had never heard of the Holy Ghost.
    Verse three Paul's curiosity mounts, he quickly asks, “How then were ye baptized?” Their answer, “Unto John's baptism.” (This was all Apollos knew at that time.)
    Verse four Paul explains, “John didn't have the whole story, he merely taught to repent and to believe on the Lord Jesus.” How typical this is of todays teaching by those who have never heard the rest of the story.
    Verse five and six, Paul wastes no time in putting the more perfect plan into action, He rebaptized them in the name of the Lord Jesus, laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost and spake in tongues.

PLEASE NOTE; The apostles always baptized in the name of Jesus. The trinitarian formula was never used. They knew that the name of the Father, Son & Holy Ghost was Jesus. John 5:43, 14:26, & Matt. 1:21, Heb. 1:4, Jesus inherited His Father's name even as children do today.

The More Perfect Way

What then is the more perfect way? The 19th chapter made it quite clear. We must not only believe in the Lord Jesus and repent of out sins; but we must be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus and receive the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues.
    Paul resisted this way at first, but on his way to Damascus to persecute Christians, he was struck down. The Lord told him to arise and go into the city and it would be told him what he must do. Once there, Ananias told him to receive the Holy Ghost and be baptized. Acts 9:1-18. Paul retells it again in Acts 22:16, “Why tarriest thou, arise and be baptized for the washing away of thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”

2 or 3 Witnesses

A story can only be proven true in the mount of two or three witnesses. Let's go from Ephesus to the household of Cornelius; these were the first gentiles to be saved. Acts 10. The angel told Cornelius to send for Peter who would tell him what he oughtest to do. Vs 6 Retold in Acts 11:14. “Who shall tell thee words whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.”
    While Peter was telling them the rest of the story, the Holy Ghost fell on them. How did they know this? For they heard them speak with other tongues. Peter quickly cried out “can any man forbid water that these should not be baptized.” Immediately he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (RV) Acts 10:44-48

The Keys

Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom and wanted him to be the first to reveal the perfect plan of salvation. Matt16:19. On the Day of Pentecost, the birthday of the church, Peter had this opportunity. While preaching to a great multitude, they suddenly cried out, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” Then Peter said unto them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” That day over 3,000 responded and were baptized. Acts 2:37-41
    Friend, now that you've heard the rest of the story, or the more perfect plan of God, what will you do with it? Why not do what the Ephesians did? It can change you from an ordinary christian into a genuine born again child of God. It will place you in the same category with Apollos, Aquila and Priscilla, the Ephesian christians, and the household of Cornelius. When it comes to anything as important as eternal life, why settle for anything less than the more perfect way?
    Written by : Lewis Manuwal  Lewis Manuwal

Â Lewis E. Manuwal all rights reserved

Return to main menu

By Ted Fizzell

Samuel
    Participant

Another thing that kills me is people say that nothing has happened in 2000 years…

Do people even realize that time is not really an issue with GOD. I mean it could go for 1,000 years or 10,000 years.

There is even that reference to time…about being their 10,000 years and still only just begun. I was praying the other day and was thinking about that…and the spirit sort of clarified it for me a little more. That by the time I get done saying Thank You…it could be 10,000 years…and feel like only a few minutes. So…That argument holds about as much water is a bucket with shot gun holes in it.

I really do think things are getting pretty bad…here on this rock…GOD has to be getting pretty upset with some people by now. We are just about one generation away from no one believing in GOD really. I know that the Apostles thought they were in the “Last Days”…But and I know before I say this that no man knows the day or hour….but if I was gonna guess I'd say its going to be really bad in another 1000 years…No one is going to even believe in GOD. By that time man will be flying around in space with “Star-Trek” like vessels….seriously. I really don't think GOD is going to let it come to that….He might though…not sure.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account